Good call on Lightning Returns, Gamespot!

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@JordanElek said:

You might suppose that grinding for levels would boost your battle effectiveness, but Lightning doesn't gain levels, and there is no experience to gather.

Kevin Van Ord

This is what convinced me not to play this game. I liked XIII and XIII-2 primarily for their battle systems, and Lightning Returns seemed to put an interesting twist on it. But what's the point of combat outside of required fights if you get nothing for it?

I could deal with the other problems, but this ruins the game for me.

Yeah what's to prevent me from avoiding battles with no incentive to fight in them? Reminds me why I didn't enjoy Sticker Star nearly as much as Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

@Metamania said:

@huerito323 said:

@Metamania said:

@huerito323 said:

Agreeing with a review on a game you haven't even played is idiotic. If the time limit bothers you, then the game is not meant for you. It doesn't make it a bad game because you can't deal with that. If I don't like violent games, I'm not going to shit all over GTA and call it a bad game. Many people that have already finished the game have had no problem with the time limit, and you can increase it by doing quests. The time limit is part of the game design, and you don't have to do every side quest on your first playthrough. There's new game+.

It's ridiculous how much hate this series is getting, all for changing things up and actually doing something different. Yet people complain when games stay the same. I feel bad for developers.

I'm not going to listen to this crap and your theory about violent games and GTA has no purpose being here. If you enjoy the game, that's fine, but if not, that's fine too. I've only played the demo from start to finish and can pretty much imagine what the rest of the game will be like for me. But to tell me that I agree with a review of a game that I haven't played is idiotic is a waste of time. I do what I want, when I please.

I played enough Final Fantasy XIII to know that it's one of the worst trilogies I've seen and even if Final Fantasy XIII-2 made some improvements, that doesn't mean it's a great series. Basically, what I'm telling you is that Square Enix screwed the pooch on FFXIII and in order to justify its existence, they had to shove it down our throats to make money when it's not even that good to BEGIN WITH. Why aren't people realizing that?

You sure do, and I'm not going to do anything about it except be the guy that tells you it's idiotic. If someone asks for an opinion on a video game they're thinking about getting, are they going to listen to the guy who just played the demo, or the guy who played the full game? The answer is simple and I don't even need to explain it.

They didn't shove anything down your throat, nor did they take your money. You've only played the demo remember? The people who buy it are the people that are fans of the XIII series. Move on already and stop being such a baby for no reason.

You don't need to ask me a stupid question like that and all you've been doing is wasting valuable time with. Quite frankly, you're wasting your time being here if you're attempting to convince of anything, because you haven't done an excellent job n it. You had your chance earlier on, but you blew it. So that's on you.

Also, let me remind you something; a demo is just a taste of things to come. Certainly, some, if not, a lot of things will be different. But this demo that I played is pretty much what I'll be expecting when I play the full version at some point in the future and I know, for a FACT, that the only thing that would get me to play the game would be for the battle system. That's it. The characters, story, atmosphere, everything around that, I would not be pleased with because SE killed any potential it had with the first game. So no, I don't need to play the full game if the demo holds up well enough to give me a good idea of the full game. If you're going to tell me that the demo is COMPLETELY different from the full game, then you got problems. But it SEEMS like you're intelligent enough to know the difference between the two, so that's all I have to say about that.

I'm done explaining myself here. That's it. All I asked from people was a question and you failed to do that. So again, pal, that's on you.

You're still whining? Wow, I would've thought you'd shut up about this game by now. Again, fans of the XIII series will enjoy this game. If you didn't like it in the first place, I don't know why you're wasting your time complaining about a sequel and praising Gamespot for giving it a low score when you haven't even played it yet. You lose all credibility. Cheers pal.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

That review was horrible, in fact its as if no one played the game on GS and just made up some of the stuff they said.

The time limit in the game is not all that bad at all, in fact, I was able to complete side quests with a lot of time to spare thanks to the ability to stop time. Since I'm able to manage the ep so well, its usually full cause of battles I go thru.

I know this is all about opinion in reviews, but take a look at Machinima's review of the game, either read or watch the video from the link below.

http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2014/02/11/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-review/

This review was much more accurate with what the game is all about than the 5/10 hate review on GS.

The real problem with LR is the visuals which look almost PS2-ish, the story is not all bad as long as you actually payed attention, which most of the users here and other gaming websites didn't do because their stigma towards XIII which wasn't even a bad game to begin with, just not an amazing FF title.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@huerito323 said:

Again, fans of the XIII series will enjoy this game. If you didn't like it in the first place, I don't know why you're wasting your time complaining about a sequel and praising Gamespot for giving it a low score when you haven't even played it yet. You lose all credibility. Cheers pal.

Don't know why you keep saying "fans of XIII will enjoy this game" as if it's universally true, because it's not. I liked FFXIII, bought Lightning Returns and hated it.

For once I wish I'd have listened to a GS review.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@huerito323: That's quite enough of the needless hostility. If you can't calmly and rationally discuss the topic at hand, then you need to remove yourself from the discussion.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

Don't know why you keep saying "fans of XIII will enjoy this game" as if it's universally true, because it's not. I liked FFXIII, bought Lightning Returns and hated it.

For once I wish I'd have listened to a GS review.

I really liked the first game, found the second very frustrating, and have decided not to even bother with the third. I youtubed the ending, and decided I'd be better off just pretending the sequels never happened, because the ending of the first game wrapped things up quite nicely as is.

mooooo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#57 mooooo99
Member since 2008 • 1252 Posts

Im dissappointed with this game, i was really looking forward to lightning returns. and now theres this time limit.. oh well still getting the collectors edition. still i'll play through this game. also ffxiii was a pretty fantastic game!