Ghost tsushima...worried about character control...RPG=BAD...3RD PERSON SHOOTER=GOOD

Guerrilla999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Guerrilla999
Member since 2020 • 14 Posts

I'm real excited about Ghost of tsushima but I'm concerned about the control being too herky-jerky...too RPG...

ESPECIALLY the apparent lack of cover swap system set to a button but solely Reliant on the "stickclick" (R3) a much less "versatile" system!

the greatest control of a 3rd person character was already achieved in Ubisoft history but for some crazy reason I'll never understand they seem to have abandoned this system

Ghost recon future soldier's competitive multiplayer is literally a masterpiece of character control

The way you can run into cover and bounced around corners is simply phenomenal...the series had experimented with sliding and rolling into prone systems that are literally at their Pinnacle in this title but the biggest breakthrough they made was the use of the Run button..NOT A STICK!!!!

This system has not been duplicated or replicated as far as I know

Gears of War had a good version and

Splinter Cell did it well

.... but without a doubt the absolute Pinnacle of character control was experienced in Ghost Recon Future Soldier competitive multiplayer

The only thing worse than a r3 run is freaking "autopan" or "mandatory camera assist"

That super annoying garbage where your look is automatically adjusted to your direction of movement so you have to constantly feather the look stick to fight the camera in order to keep an eye on your target when its on your side a la GTA

UBI...

you have a masterpiece in GRFS

Its a slight gears ape with the camera tightening and Shake on the dash but that super immersive

GRFS is eveb better than gears because of the cover swap and prone slide/roll

AN ABONDENED MASTERPIECE !!!!

(Hands to face/ hangs head)

Now I know what you guys are going to say...ghost of tsushima is not a shooter and therefore shouldn't have the shooters control but I beg to differ

I think the control scheme of the third person shooter with a run button (not a stick) is by far the most realistic and immersive control scheme possible

I'm just sick of the Kung Fu movie Trope or guys around you and take their turns attacking while you posed after each enemy you Vanquish

this silly trope has got to go and a 3rd person shooter a la gears/Ghost Recon Future Soldier is the way to go

In actual sword combat you very rarely blocked or parried the vast majority of it was conducted via physical movement in and out of range... for this you need intense character control ...athletic character control

Don't believe me??

try some Kendo