GGD Lounge - The Dead On Arrival Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1251 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts
Oh MW3 will outscore BF3 on name alone guaranteed.Dracula68
Well the thing is Bf3 did a bunch of things wrong: Number 1 is campaign campaign campaign, just because your title is known for it's multiplayer doesn't mean you should ignore this section, and it is not an excuse for a bad campaign story, they tried to kill Cod by going with the Cod story base, but it just makes it look like it's chasing cod, not beating it. Number 2 is the feeling of a lot of things missing from the game, Dice focused too much on one thing, and that was multiplayer mechanics. There are still a few glitches, (very seldom though) there are only a few modes to play, the friend system is so messed up that it's a pain to play with your friends, there are major boosters already, and it seems all I can do is play a very narrow multiplayer game Number 3 and lastly, is multiplayer itself. Sure they got the vehicles, which is great and amazing, they got the guns, they got the classes, they got the graphics (although the players look ugly as heck lol, and switching between weapons and specs in the customization menu has a static animation to it everytime you switch, makes me wanna hurl), the only problem is that the classes seem unbalanced, they have a lot of features which is great, but what's hard is to make those features fit all together into a clean box, recon doesn't seem to get much points, due to the fact that the community always complains that snipers are always Op'd in every shooter game, they nerfed it bad. Though, the equipment are powerful and can win your team the game, it just feels like a sacrifice for you to make just for your team with nothing in return, they should give recon more points for the things they do. Engineer is the most unbalanced because they're the class that gets to do most everything, from repair to having their rocket launchers to mid range guns, so they need to fix that. Otherwise if you know how to enjoy a game, it's very satisfying
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#1252 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]Oh MW3 will outscore BF3 on name alone guaranteed.ExoticAnimal

Believe me, it's going to. It's going to get all those nice high scores because it's MW slapped on the box. It's the same thing with GTA - when a GTA comes in, automatic 10s out of 10s...so sickening. I hate it when people get so absorb into the game's release, as if it was love on first sight, but the more you play it, the more problems you see with it that makes you question the score in the first place. Everything should be thoroughly evaluated and checked upon before rushing to judgment.

You jelly that MW3 is going to be the better game than BF3? :P

That I can't be totally sure of until I play it. :P But from what I've seen so far, it will look great. The single-player campaign sounds promising, I really want to try out the Spec Ops and Survival modes, and I guess I'll hop in more on multiplayer and see how harder it is.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1253 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

Believe me, it's going to. It's going to get all those nice high scores because it's MW slapped on the box. It's the same thing with GTA - when a GTA comes in, automatic 10s out of 10s...so sickening. I hate it when people get so absorb into the game's release, as if it was love on first sight, but the more you play it, the more problems you see with it that makes you question the score in the first place. Everything should be thoroughly evaluated and checked upon before rushing to judgment.

Metamania

You jelly that MW3 is going to be the better game than BF3? :P

That I can't be totally sure of until I play it. :P But from what I've seen so far, it will look great. The single-player campaign sounds promising, I really want to try out the Spec Ops and Survival modes, and I guess I'll hop in more on multiplayer and see how harder it is.

I'll play my brother's copy mainly for the campaign and spec ops. I don't bother with multiplayer anymore because I just hate all the kill-streaks that they have now. It's too chaotic and too easy to rack up kill-streaks. CoD4 MP was something special but sadly, the other games haven't matched it in terms of its greatness.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1254 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] You jelly that MW3 is going to be the better game than BF3? :PExoticAnimal

I'll play my brother's copy mainly for the campaign and spec ops. I don't bother with multiplayer anymore because I just hate all the kill-streaks that they have now. It's too chaotic and too easy to rack up kill-streaks. CoD4 MP was something special but sadly, the other games haven't matched it in terms of its greatness.

One of the biggest problems I have with COD's multiplayer is the fact that just about every game I'm in, most gamers unfortunately camp and wait for people to come out in the open and snipe people. I know it's about strategy, but it's done way too much. It's not like back in the day, where you find each other and gun each other down...the way it should be!

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1255 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

One of the biggest problems I have with COD's multiplayer is the fact that just about every game I'm in, most gamers unfortunately camp and wait for people to come out in the open and snipe people. I know it's about strategy, but it's done way too much. It's not like back in the day, where you find each other and gun each other down...the way it should be!

Yea but every game has that. It's just noticed more in CoD because of millions more people playing it. The Ureal Tournament games are absolutely amazing.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1256 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] I'll play my brother's copy mainly for the campaign and spec ops. I don't bother with multiplayer anymore because I just hate all the kill-streaks that they have now. It's too chaotic and too easy to rack up kill-streaks. CoD4 MP was something special but sadly, the other games haven't matched it in terms of its greatness.ExoticAnimal

Yea but every game has that. It's just noticed more in CoD because of millions more people playing it. The Ureal Tournament games are absolutely amazing.

I played Unreal Tournament back in the day with friends, it was amazing! And yes, I know that it's more noticeable in COD, but there's no excuse to do it too much. Every once in awhile, fine, but everybody doing it? Ruins the fun, if you ask me!

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1257 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

-To top it all off, my copy of Disturbed's The Lost Children arrived in the mail today. I got it one day ahead of release, which is tomorrow!

Awesome!!!

Metamania

Oh nice, I am jealous! I get mine tomorrow.

You get yours tomorrow? So cool! You won't be jealous of me that much longer then! :P

Where did you pre-order through?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1258 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

Oh nice, I am jealous! I get mine tomorrow.

Dracula68

You get yours tomorrow? So cool! You won't be jealous of me that much longer then! :P

This is where I pre-ordered, like a month in advance.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#1259 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts

[QUOTE="xxKai"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

For my first black belt testing, I had to do 500 push-ups and 500 crunches in a row, with no rest in between!

Metamania

NOT looking forward to that! I can do 50 pushups in a row so far, hopefully it'll slowly turn into 500 lawl

Yeah, man, take it slowly and do the best you can. I challenge myself each day to see if I can surpass fifty. Sometimes I could, other times I couldn't. But you'll get there!

I can do 25 pushups (depending on which). Crunches you basically can keep doing until you feel so tense, you have to stop for injury sake.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1260 Dracula68

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

This is where I pre-ordered, like a month in advance.

What's the extra dollar for? I was lazy and went through iTunes even though I got the e-mail.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1261 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="xxKai"] NOT looking forward to that! I can do 50 pushups in a row so far, hopefully it'll slowly turn into 500 lawlDaavpuke

Yeah, man, take it slowly and do the best you can. I challenge myself each day to see if I can surpass fifty. Sometimes I could, other times I couldn't. But you'll get there!

I can do 25 pushups (depending on which). Crunches you basically can keep doing until you feel so tense, you have to stop for injury sake.

Yeah, during a class, that's possible, but our instructors wanted us to keep going, non-stop. So it was tough!

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1262 Daavpuke
that's really not healthy though. But I attended martial arts classes before; it seems to be the norm. Don't know why though. Now if we're talking fast, non-focused push ups, I can probably chrun out like 40 or so. 50 still sounds high though, except if I really halfass it.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1263 Metamania

that's really not healthy though. But I attended martial arts classes before; it seems to be the norm. Don't know why though. Now if we're talking fast, non-focused push ups, I can probably chrun out like 40 or so. 50 still sounds high though, except if I really halfass it.Daavpuke

Well, it was during my first black belt and that was two years ago. This time, we did it seperately. For example, we had to do 100 push-ups and 100 crunches, so my partner and I would do 25 push-ups, then 25 crunches. Rinse, wash, and repeat. It was done quickly. We would do 100 every hour until 500 was reached, so five hours was all it took.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1265 Metamania

I awoke to a lot of people asking me if I picked up "the greatest shooter on Earth." Really? Some people are just asking for it...I'm only interested in MW3 for two reasons.

-To check out the story.
-To play Spec Ops and Survival mode.

Multiplayer I won't be touching on as much. To me, the COD series is really the Madden of FPS; little has changed, it's the same game for years, and people still buy it. I only bought it because of the reasons I mentioned above, but not because of multiplayer as much. Yes, I'll check out MP, but I won't be highly engrossed in it as others will be...MP was one of the reasons I dislike the series with such intensity.

So overall...MW3 might have some decent things going for it. But GOTY material IT IS NOT! People need to stop deluding themselves to believe that MW3 is the s***!

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1266 Dracula68
I have found The Lost Children! Seriously, I am so glad Disturbed did this. It's like a whole new album.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1267 Dracula68

Is the "placeholder review" gonna be a new thing now? First Edge and now AE

Edit: I pray that the embargo ends at that time. *starts praying* I can finally get up like a normal human then

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1268 Metamania

I have found The Lost Children! Seriously, I am so glad Disturbed did this. It's like a whole new album.Dracula68

That's exactly what I'm feeling. What of my favorite songs, on TLC (The Lost Children for short), is This Moment. Very-groove like, classic Disturbed. I'm surprised that song wasn't on a regular Disturbed record!

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1269 Dracula68

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]I have found The Lost Children! Seriously, I am so glad Disturbed did this. It's like a whole new album.Metamania

That's exactly what I'm feeling. What of my favorite songs, on TLC (The Lost Children for short), is This Moment. Very-groove like, classic Disturbed. I'm surprised that song wasn't on a regular Disturbed record!

A lot of these were definitely good enough for an album. So far I am really into Leave it Alone and Two Worlds. Just like when any new album comes out this will keep changing the more I listen.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1270 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]I have found The Lost Children! Seriously, I am so glad Disturbed did this. It's like a whole new album.Dracula68

A lot of these were definitely good enough for an album. So far I am really into Leave it Alone and Two Worlds. Just like when any new album comes out this will keep changing the more I listen.

I believe I got Leave It Alone as a bonus track for Asylum on ITunes when I pre-ordered it. So I have that song on two records now. :lol:

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1271 Dracula68

[QUOTE="Dracula68"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

I believe I got Leave It Alone as a bonus track for Asylum on ITunes when I pre-ordered it. So I have that song on two records now. :lol:

Oh yeah? I got "3" twice now...lol When they sent out the e-mail about releaseing "3" for the West Memphis 3 to help pay court fees I bought it then.

Seems we killed the thread Draiman style!

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1272 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Dracula68"] A lot of these were definitely good enough for an album. So far I am really into Leave it Alone and Two Worlds. Just like when any new album comes out this will keep changing the more I listen.Dracula68

Oh yeah? I got "3" twice now...lol When they sent out the e-mail about releaseing "3" for the West Memphis 3 to help pay court fees I bought it then.

Seems we killed the thread Draiman style!

So I wonder if we should rename the thread The Lost Children Edition?

I didn't get 3 when they had that deal going on, so it's a good thing I waited for this album. Now I don't have pay for that song twice. :lol:

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1273 Dracula68

if we should rename the thread The Lost Children Edition?

I didn't get 3 when they had that deal going on, so it's a good thing I waited for this album. Now I don't have pay for that song twice. :lol:

Metamania

I honestly don't mind paying twice since the money or at least part of it was donated. If you haven't followed that case they got screwed because they listen "to devil musis"...Metallica is now devil music:roll:

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1274 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

if we should rename the thread The Lost Children Edition?

Dracula68

I honestly don't mind paying twice since the money or at least part of it was donated. If you haven't followed that case they got screwed because they listen "to devil musis"...Metallica is now devil music:roll:

It's more than that though; I heard that the witnesses weren't good and the confessions were pretty much false. The police were looking for a quick result in it and they screwed up, which is something they refuse to admit. At least they are out now, although through an Alfred plea bargin, I think it's called. I hope they can now find the right killers and bring them to justice.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1275 Dracula68
It's more than that though; I heard that the witnesses weren't good and the confessions were pretty much false. The police were looking for a quick result in it and they screwed up, which is something they refuse to admit. At least they are out now, although through an Alfred plea bargin, I think it's called. I hope they can now find the right killers and bring them to justice.

Metamania
Oh yeah, I just gave you the short and to the point of how ridiculous it was they had to be in jail that long. Police wanted scapegoats and they got 'em. They coerced confessions. It was a total mess. I think it was HBO that aired 2 specials in the 90's about it too.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#1276 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

So I wonder if we should rename the thread The Lost Children Edition?Metamania

You could always name the next lounge that if you want to make it.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1277 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]So I wonder if we should rename the thread The Lost Children Edition?c_rake

You could always name the next lounge that if you want to make it.

Really? I thought it was up to the mods to make the thread and name it themselves. I figured it was their honor and not a regular like myself, but I'll keep that in mind now. Thank you! :)

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1278 Dracula68
That SM3DL min embargo that happened today is how I predict the Skyrim one will be tomorrow...between 10-15 reviews tops.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1279 Daavpuke
HOLY........HOLY..........YOU GUYS!!!!! The most random and amazing thing happened today: My brother is an impatient fellow, in fact, he's literally the most impatient dude on the planet. don't believe me? Think you know someone worse? Here's my QED: Today he went out to the store and bought me a brand new PS3, because he didn't want to have to wait his turn playing Skyrim :'). I have no words on his logic, just super amazingly glad with my new toy. This is insane. I couldn't believe it at first, but it's really here.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1280 c_rakestraw  Moderator

Really? I thought it was up to the mods to make the thread and name it themselves. I figured it was their honor and not a regular like myself, but I'll keep that in mind now. Thank you! :)Metamania

Yeah! Only reason we mods keep making them is because it's just easier to swap out topics ourselves. But why not mix it up a little every now and then, right?

HOLY........HOLY..........YOU GUYS!!!!! The most random and amazing thing happened today: My brother is an impatient fellow, in fact, he's literally the most impatient dude on the planet. don't believe me? Think you know someone worse? Here's my QED: Today he went out to the store and bought me a brand new PS3, because he didn't want to have to wait his turn playing Skyrim :'). I have no words on his logic, just super amazingly glad with my new toy. This is insane. I couldn't believe it at first, but it's really here.Daavpuke

So now you can play PlayStation 3 games? Nice. Only problem is that having one will undoubtedly increase your workload. But, hey -- new console!

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1281 Daavpuke
If I can figure out how to 'connect' my PSP to it now and figure out the best output setting for a Euro AV cable, that'd be grand, because right now Uncharted 3 doesn't look as hot as people say it is. Did I mention it came with Uncharted 3? Yeah.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1282 ExoticAnimal
If I can figure out how to 'connect' my PSP to it now and figure out the best output setting for a Euro AV cable, that'd be grand, because right now Uncharted 3 doesn't look as hot as people say it is. Did I mention it came with Uncharted 3? Yeah.Daavpuke
Get an HDMI cable or a component cable. AV cables will make games look bad. Also, do you have a HD tv? Just wondering.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1283 Daavpuke
[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]If I can figure out how to 'connect' my PSP to it now and figure out the best output setting for a Euro AV cable, that'd be grand, because right now Uncharted 3 doesn't look as hot as people say it is. Did I mention it came with Uncharted 3? Yeah.ExoticAnimal
Get an HDMI cable or a component cable. AV cables will make games look bad. Also, do you have a HD tv? Just wondering.

No, which is why those cables won't work. Only AV outputs, which is why.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1284 ExoticAnimal
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="Daavpuke"]If I can figure out how to 'connect' my PSP to it now and figure out the best output setting for a Euro AV cable, that'd be grand, because right now Uncharted 3 doesn't look as hot as people say it is. Did I mention it came with Uncharted 3? Yeah.Daavpuke

Do yourself a favor and pick up a HD tv. It will do you wonders. Does your monitor have a HDMI output? You could try playing through that.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1285 Metamania

HOLY........HOLY..........YOU GUYS!!!!! The most random and amazing thing happened today: My brother is an impatient fellow, in fact, he's literally the most impatient dude on the planet. don't believe me? Think you know someone worse? Here's my QED: Today he went out to the store and bought me a brand new PS3, because he didn't want to have to wait his turn playing Skyrim :'). I have no words on his logic, just super amazingly glad with my new toy. This is insane. I couldn't believe it at first, but it's really here.Daavpuke

Dude, congrats! I'm happy for you! That means you get to play Skyrim and a whole slew of PS3 games...not to mention the PSN games that are available on their store! Cool!

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1286 Daavpuke
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="Daavpuke"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] Get an HDMI cable or a component cable. AV cables will make games look bad. Also, do you have a HD tv? Just wondering.

Do yourself a favor and pick up a HD tv. It will do you wonders. Does your monitor have a HDMI output? You could try playing through that.

Yeah, i'll just run out and get one and plant it in my master bedroom suite, next to my bentley and piles of stray cash :'). Not going to happen. I have room for 1 tv, an old one, since otherwise I can't play half my consoles.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1287 Daavpuke

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]HOLY........HOLY..........YOU GUYS!!!!! The most random and amazing thing happened today: My brother is an impatient fellow, in fact, he's literally the most impatient dude on the planet. don't believe me? Think you know someone worse? Here's my QED: Today he went out to the store and bought me a brand new PS3, because he didn't want to have to wait his turn playing Skyrim :'). I have no words on his logic, just super amazingly glad with my new toy. This is insane. I couldn't believe it at first, but it's really here.Metamania

Dude, congrats! I'm happy for you! That means you get to play Skyrim and a whole slew of PS3 games...not to mention the PSN games that are available on their store! Cool!

Indeed. Thank you. My collection is going to grow out of hand now though :(
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1288 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]HOLY........HOLY..........YOU GUYS!!!!! The most random and amazing thing happened today: My brother is an impatient fellow, in fact, he's literally the most impatient dude on the planet. don't believe me? Think you know someone worse? Here's my QED: Today he went out to the store and bought me a brand new PS3, because he didn't want to have to wait his turn playing Skyrim :'). I have no words on his logic, just super amazingly glad with my new toy. This is insane. I couldn't believe it at first, but it's really here.Daavpuke

Indeed. Thank you. My collection is going to grow out of hand now though :(

I know the feeling. I used to own a lot of systems and it was sometimes hard to keep track of everything. That's why I currently stick with one system for right now, because I know where everything is and I don't have to worry about switching from one system to the next.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1289 ExoticAnimal
The HotSpot was actually entertaining. Guess they are allowed to mention that one unnamed site that is censored but the forums aren't at around the 40 minute mark. lol Oh Drac, Skyrim review will be up at 8 AM EST. Got this from Kevin's twitter.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1290 Dracula68
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]The HotSpot was actually entertaining. Guess they are allowed to mention that one unnamed site that is censored but the forums aren't at around the 40 minute mark. lol Oh Drac, Skyrim review will be up at 8 AM EST. Got this from Kevin's twitter.

I don't need to know GameSpots time.:P I haven;t looked at a GS review in literally 4 years now. I got a script that grabs them for me. Thanks, though I knew about this embargo due to a few sites using stupid placeholders. I am concerned that GI stated they didn't get PS3 and PC code in time to review which is making me think other sites may not have either so I have a decision to make now.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1291 Dracula68
In the very rare event that Skyrim doesn't get me hooked I just found my fallback game--Rayman Origins. Didn't even know this was coming out so soon in this holiday rush. From reading some reviews it seems like they went back to its roots kinda. I enjoyed the very early titles but that was it.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1292 c_rakestraw  Moderator

In the very rare event that Skyrim doesn't get me hooked I just found my fallback game--Rayman Origins. Didn't even know this was coming out so soon in this holiday rush. From reading some reviews it seems like they went back to its roots kinda. I enjoyed the very early titles but that was it.Dracula68

Yeah, Rayman looks like a lot of fun. It's about time they went back to the series' roots. Really looking forward to playing it finally.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1293 Metamania

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]In the very rare event that Skyrim doesn't get me hooked I just found my fallback game--Rayman Origins. Didn't even know this was coming out so soon in this holiday rush. From reading some reviews it seems like they went back to its roots kinda. I enjoyed the very early titles but that was it.c_rake

Yeah, Rayman looks like a lot of fun. It's about time they went back to the series' roots. Really looking forward to playing it finally.

I'm with you both on Rayman Origins. I was excited to read about it when Game Informer covered it in a recent issue awhile back. I love platformers and Rayman Origins not only looks beautiful, but feels very challenging, either by yourself or with friends, locally. Would have been nice to have some kind of online co-op, but again, not all games need online co-op or competitive play anyway, so I'm fine with that.

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1294 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
OMG THEY HAVE AN RC IN THE GGD TOO? Why did nobody ever tell me this :/ Can't wait for Christmas, that way I can finally get my copy of Skyrim and ModernWarfare 3
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1295 c_rakestraw  Moderator

I'm with you both on Rayman Origins. I was excited to read about it when Game Informer covered it in a recent issue awhile back. I love platformers and Rayman Origins not only looks beautiful, but feels very challenging, either by yourself or with friends, locally. Would have been nice to have some kind of online co-op, but again, not all games need online co-op or competitive play anyway, so I'm fine with that.Metamania

I'm glad it doesn't have online, actually. Platformers tend not to run well online due to lag. When I played the co-op of Outland a few months back, every single game had the most excruciating lag that made the game nigh unplayable. It was horrible. Local play may not be as convenient, but hey -- least it's guaranteed to work at all times, right?

OMG THEY HAVE AN RC IN THE GGD TOO? Why did nobody ever tell me this :/ Can't wait for Christmas, that way I can finally get my copy of Skyrim and ModernWarfare 3NiKva

There's one in practically every board now, I think.

Oh, and welcome!

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1296 Daavpuke
Origins was already tough as nails in regular co-op when I tested it at the con :P
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1297 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]I'm with you both on Rayman Origins. I was excited to read about it when Game Informer covered it in a recent issue awhile back. I love platformers and Rayman Origins not only looks beautiful, but feels very challenging, either by yourself or with friends, locally. Would have been nice to have some kind of online co-op, but again, not all games need online co-op or competitive play anyway, so I'm fine with that.c_rake

I'm glad it doesn't have online, actually. Platformers tend not to run well online due to lag. When I played the co-op of Outland a few months back, every single game had the most excruciating lag that made the game nigh unplayable. It was horrible. Local play may not be as convenient, but hey -- least it's guaranteed to work at all times, right?

That's what I love about local play; you don't need to worry about any kind of online lag. It's just you and the game and it seems like Rayman Origins has it down right to where it's not the game's fault, but your fault instead. That's the impression that I'm getting from all the previews I've read so far, so it sounds like a really entertaining platformer.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1298 Dracula68
So far I am really into Leave it Alone and Two Worlds. Dracula68
No comments from the peanut gallery but I am really loving Midlife Crisis right now.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1299 Daavpuke
We just got word that Steam got hacked. Anyone that wants to change their password, follow these steps: Open your Steam client > Steam tab > Settings > Second button "Change Password or Secret Question"
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1300 ExoticAnimal
Woot! Got Skyrim after waiting in line for 2.5 hours.