GD Lounge- The Next Generation Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#101 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

So I paid off the following games yesterday:

Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Paladin Collectors Edition)
Saints Row IV
Diablo 3
Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate
Grand Theft Auto V

All of these titles are for the 360...I'm going to be one busy gamer in the following days...

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#102 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts
Bu-but Skyrim glitches are fun! >_>Yagr_Zero
Fun glitches are fun. Dumb glitches are dumb

So I paid off the following games yesterday:

Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Paladin Collectors Edition)
Saints Row IV
Diablo 3
Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate
Grand Theft Auto V

All of these titles are for the 360...I'm going to be one busy gamer in the following days...

Metamania
Do you typically try to 100% your games?
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Metamania

^For some games, yes, but not every game. I know that I'll be 100-percenting the games I'm getting soon (although GTA V MAY TAKE AWHILE to get 100 percent on...)

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 chicknfeet

^For some games, yes, but not every game. I know that I'll be 100-percenting the games I'm getting soon (although GTA V MAY TAKE AWHILE to get 100 percent on...)

Metamania
I actually did 100% on SR3 which is very rare for me to do. I'm thinking i might try doing that for SR4 next week.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#105 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="chicknfeet"] Do you typically try to 100% your games?

god no, dont have the patience.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I almost never 100% games, but SR3 was so easy to do so I did for that game. I think that, Walking Dead (lol). and Mass Effect 2 are the only games I have 100%'d this gen. I'm gonna be playing a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitload of Payday 2, but I highly doubt I will 100% that game.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

chicknfeet

I actually did 100% on SR3 which is very rare for me to do. I'm thinking i might try doing that for SR4 next week.

I also completed SR3 100% as well. Like Methodman said above, it's a really easy game to go through. I have a feeling that with SR4, it may get a BIT TOO EASY, especially with the superpowers that you are given and are able to eventually enhance.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#108 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
Anybody getting The Bureau XCOM Declassified when it comes out next week? I am very tempted to order it on PC as it looks kind of neat.
chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 chicknfeet
Anybody getting The Bureau XCOM Declassified when it comes out next week? I am very tempted to order it on PC as it looks kind of neat.Garfield360UK
I still gotta get the first XCOM since everybody has been praising it so much. Not big into RTS games, but i am willing to try it out.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 MethodManFTW
Anybody getting The Bureau XCOM Declassified when it comes out next week? I am very tempted to order it on PC as it looks kind of neat.Garfield360UK
It looks neat but I'm just not going to have any time for it for quite awhile. Kind of like Blacklist and Saints Row 4, I would love to play them, but my gaming time is going to be occupied for quite awhile by Payday 2. :O
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
i've been playing 999 for the DS. i have 4 out the 6 endings. I WILL GET THE TRUE ENDING
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#112 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]i've been playing 999 for the DS. i have 4 out the 6 endings. I WILL GET THE TRUE ENDING

I believe in you!
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"][QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]i've been playing 999 for the DS. i have 4 out the 6 endings. I WILL GET THE TRUE ENDING

I believe in you!

He's doomed.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 yagr_zero
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] He's doomed.

You're such the pessimist. :P
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Metamania

Gotta love the comedy that's in the air in here....

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 chicknfeet
I feel like this is going to be a good weekend
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#117 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Job hunting is the worst.
chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 chicknfeet
Job hunting is the worst.Haziqonfire
What job are you trying to get into?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 haziqonfire

What job are you trying to get into?chicknfeet

Business and/or IT. I graduated last April in a Business Tech Management program, but haven't found anything yet. Essentially I studied business fundamentals and information systems.

Kind of hard when employers expect 2-5 years of experience and are unwilling to hire newbies. I've been looking into some paid internships but a lot of those were taken really early, so I'm hoping by next month I'll see more stuff pop up. This time I won't have assignments to worry about while applying so I can give 100% focus.

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 chicknfeet

[QUOTE="chicknfeet"]What job are you trying to get into?Haziqonfire

Business and/or IT. I graduated last April in a Business Tech Management program, but haven't found anything yet. Essentially I studied business fundamentals and information systems.

Kind of hard when employers expect 2-5 years of experience and are unwilling to hire newbies. I've been looking into some paid internships but a lot of those were taken really early, so I'm hoping by next month I'll see more stuff pop up. This time I won't have assignments to worry about while applying so I can give 100% focus.

At least you are doing the right thing by looking at internships. I've told a ton of my friends that internships are the way to go for getting your foot in the door. Employers really don't expect much knowledge from interns (not 5-10 years worth of knowledge), so they're usually surpsied when you can do more than what they're looking for. Anybody that is currently in school really should be looking to do a summer internship before they graduate. If they can manage an internship for multiple years, that would be even better.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
so i got the true ending in 999 someone explain. NOW. the state of confusion i am in can only be matched by the confusion of when i was first born into this world.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 haziqonfire

At least you are doing the right thing by looking at internships. I've told a ton of my friends that internships are the way to go for getting your foot in the door. Employers really don't expect much knowledge from interns (not 5-10 years worth of knowledge), so they're usually surpsied when you can do more than what they're looking for. Anybody that is currently in school really should be looking to do a summer internship before they graduate. If they can manage an internship for multiple years, that would be even better.chicknfeet

Yeah. 

I made a mistake during school by not actively looking for internships. However, there is a useful service that has a lot of internships for new grads. I've been using their site for some time to look for new postings. It's paid and the contracts are short term, but everyone I know from my program who has used it has found permanent placement afterwards. 

We had a co-op program but it was highly competitive, with only about 30 students getting into it per year. I didn't make it because I severely messed up during first year.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#123 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

so i got the true ending in 999 someone explain. NOW. the state of confusion i am in can only be matched by the confusion of when i was first born into this world.mrmusicman247

It's really something, isn't it?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#124 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
OMG C_RAKE AND MRMUSICMAN TWO OF MY FAVORITE USERS HAVE BOTH PLAYED 999 TO COMPLETION? YOU GUYS RULE
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#125 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Best way it can be explained is here [spoiler] http://gameosaurus.com/roahr/2011/04/999-gush-part-4-all-is-explained-in-the-ends/ [/spoiler] Pleeeease don't look if you haven't played 999 yet.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#126 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Is Diablo worth getting for console? I have stayed clear from what i think is a bs DRM
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Metamania

Is Diablo worth getting for console? I have stayed clear from what i think is a bs DRMThe_Last_Ride

I remember playing a little bit of Diablo back on the PSOne and remembering how I felt that it wasn't a good port as much. I think they've learned from their experience from that years ago, so I hope that the experience is better on console this time with Diablo 3.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 The_Last_Ride

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Is Diablo worth getting for console? I have stayed clear from what i think is a bs DRMMetamania

I remember playing a little bit of Diablo back on the PSOne and remembering how I felt that it wasn't a good port as much. I think they've learned from their experience from that years ago, so I hope that the experience is better on console this time with Diablo 3.

i did play both of the earlier games, but i am unsure of this game
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Is Diablo worth getting for console? I have stayed clear from what i think is a bs DRMThe_Last_Ride

Diablo 3, from what I'm understanding, has gained a mix reaction. Some people liked it a lot, but a lot of people thought Diablo 2 was the best. Not sure why though; I never played Diablo 2 to the point of where I could understand that majority opinion. Diablo 1 was a lot of fun though...too bad I never beat it. :( But I intend to rectify that with Diablo 3. :)

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 MethodManFTW
I have Diablo 3 for PC and can't be bothered to finish it. It seems pretty boring.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 The_Last_Ride

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

Diablo 3, from what I'm understanding, has gained a mix reaction. Some people liked it a lot, but a lot of people thought Diablo 2 was the best. Not sure why though; I never played Diablo 2 to the point of where I could understand that majority opinion. Diablo 1 was a lot of fun though...too bad I never beat it. :( But I intend to rectify that with Diablo 3. :)

Well probably because you could play singleplayer and online when you wanted to. And the game was a hell of a lot bigger than than the first.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] i did play both of the earlier games, but i am unsure of this gameThe_Last_Ride

Well probably because you could play singleplayer and online when you wanted to. And the game was a hell of a lot bigger than than the first.

You mean with Diablo 2? Obviously! :P

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#133 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

OMG C_RAKE AND MRMUSICMAN TWO OF MY FAVORITE USERS HAVE BOTH PLAYED 999 TO COMPLETION? YOU GUYS RULEBlabadon

Yep. Virtue's Last Reward as well. Both great games. Really looking forward to the third one.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 The_Last_Ride

Metamania

Yeah, but i think Diablo 3, from what i have seen and heard it's more of the same as 2. Just more refined.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] Well probably because you could play singleplayer and online when you wanted to. And the game was a hell of a lot bigger than than the first. The_Last_Ride

Yeah, but i think Diablo 3, from what i have seen and heard it's more of the same as 2. Just more refined.

I've also heard that, of all the classes in Diablo 3, the Barbarian seems to be the most overpowered. Probably the first class I'll start with.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 The_Last_Ride

Metamania

I've also heard that, of all the classes in Diablo 3, the Barbarian seems to be the most overpowered. Probably the first class I'll start with.

i played that class the last time
chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 chicknfeet
Guess what today is?????
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 haziqonfire
Guess what today is????? chicknfeet
Toonie Tuesday at KFC?
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Metamania

Saints Row IV is A LOT of fun, especially when you gain your superpowers for the first time. I do have a huge feeling that this could be the easiest Saints Row game to date and that SR1 is probably the hardest of them all.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Metamania

Splinter Cell Blacklist is AWESOME!

And that is all I have for today...:D

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 MethodManFTW

Metamania
Yeah! I'm two missions in and it seems really great.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

MethodManFTW

Did you pick it up for PS3 or for XBox 360? If for 360, maybe we can do co-op?

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
Guess what today is????? chicknfeet
my birfday?
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 MethodManFTW

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

Personal computer. :(
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 haziqonfire

Metamania
Glad to hear that. Go Toronto :).
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"] Yeah! I'm two missions in and it seems really great.MethodManFTW

Personal computer. :(

Denied. :twisted:
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 yagr_zero
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] Denied. :twisted:

So harsh. :P
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 The_Last_Ride
Thank you for your question thrown at Lark, @Alliecrombie
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Allicrombie
Thank you for your question thrown at Lark, @AlliecrombieThe_Last_Ride
ha I tried.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Thank you for your question thrown at Lark, @AlliecrombieAllicrombie
ha I tried.

i think he ignored my concerns. People are angry though. Over at Fuse and the unions aswell