Jago-Vs-Fulgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Jago-Vs-Fulgore
Member since 2007 • 151 Posts

For the last few days damn near every thumbnail when visiting Games Spot is about Destiny 2. Since the games released I scroll down to find things like Destiny 2 exotic guide, how to farm & raid, clan work, review, release round up, night fall strike, guides, and more guides, Destiny 2 public events, Psa, Pvp, best classes, decrypt engrams, You get my point..

Why can't all of this stuff be categorized into 2 or 3 links at best!? Bungie must of sent you guys a phat az check for all this coverage. You guys did a similar thing when Zelda breath of the wild released and it had seemed as if gamespot.com was high jacked by Nintendo themselves. But It's safe to say you've out done yourselves ten fold with Destiny 2. Not saying the coverage isn't great because you guys always provide informative information and guides and what not just like you did with Zelda but CATEGORIZE!..

I don't hate destiny 2 i just don't plan on buying it. I didn't enjoy the first one all that much so I'm not about to buy into all the hype anyways.

Return my old gamespot.com page please.

Gallowhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 9

#2 Gallowhand
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

I tend to agree. It feels like a Destiny 2 fan site at the moment, and other game releases haven't got anywhere near as much coverage. Some have been barely mentioned. If I want to find out what other games have released recently, or any in depth information on them, I go to other websites.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Well, it is a big release to many, given how popular Destiny was. So it was important the game was fully covered.

That being said, it's clear the new game is but a shadow of it's predecessor. Destiny 1 had strong 'single player' campaign with interesting maps. So it was great game for both single players and mp fans.

Destiny 2 focuses on mp aspects, and the maps feel lot poorer. So, lot less content for single player oriented gamers.

Also, Destiny 1 felt like its own universe. D2 does not.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Activision spending more on marketing than the actual game budget.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9729 Posts

It sucks that there are tons of articles about Destiny 2 since last week started.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

GS needs money.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Totally agree, the amount of articles around Destiny 2 is way too high. I guess Bungie paid a lot to get so much exposure, especially with the articles not being critical at all.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#8  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@Jago-Vs-Fulgore: I'm not the least bit interested in Destiny 2. However, since when was this new? Gamespot always over-advertise games that GS is interested in (may that be for personal interest or paid advertising).

They did the exact same for the original Destiny despite it being as interesting as a mouldy sack of meat. Then add to that how overly hyped they got for Fallout 4, Pokémon Go (even overlapping Go in the Sun and Moon review), and yes; even No Mans Sky. And yet brushed over much better games, because? . . Reasons. Usually score those forgotten gems here on GS fairly decent, but try to forget they came to the dance_

Overall it's for the sheep that eat up advertising and wouldn't see through a marketing campaign if they tried. In truth it's probably what keeps this site running, because you can get more detailed and interesting views on games elsewhere. Personally enjoy browsing the Forums here and little else. Haven't enjoyed a GS article since this Q&A

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/whats-it-like-to-make-the-most-distinctive-japanes/1100-6431198/

slaveknight09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9 slaveknight09
Member since 2017 • 119 Posts

They got paid.. so yeah GS got bills to pay..

It's Activision and it's been like that since the 80's.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

@henrythefifth said:

That being said, it's clear the new game is but a shadow of it's predecessor. Destiny 1 had strong 'single player' campaign with interesting maps. So it was great game for both single players and mp fans.

it really wasn't. it's a bunch of mp tropes masquerading as a sp game. it isn't fit to lace the boots of any of bungie's halo campaigns, even the not so good ones like odst

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Honestly, GS did the same thing for the first game, nothing but Destiny news and I wasn't surprise Destiny 2 will get the same treatments. I get that these Destiny 2 articles are annoying and all but I gotta say is, I'm enjoying reading the haters & complainers in the comment sections :P

If you hate Destiny 2 news that much, don't bother clicking the articles & don't comment on them.

To be honest, I'm not bother by it, I am getting the game and looking forward to but I'm just waiting on PC release next month and I happen to be a fan of Destiny game on PS4 and will buy Destiny 2 when PC releases next month.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@henrythefifth: WTF are you blabbering on about?!? Lol, while I loved Destiny 1 the campaign or story mode was fairly short with little to zero actual story. D2 is SO much better in this department that it's beyond laughable with what you're trying to say. I haven't even played most of D2 story mode (probably 1/4 through) and it's already leagues better then the first games.

As for the MP, both games focus on that. And the maps are great on both games, I'll give a slight edge to the first game at the moment for better maps because they're fried into my brain after playing on them so much, but D2 has some amazing looking ones as well so far.

ecurl143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ecurl143
Member since 2011 • 745 Posts

I think this is a legitimate observation though and I'd really like a Gamespot staff member or at the very least, a moderator to explain why the entire front page and beyond is absolutely spammed with Destiny 2 articles for over a week now because I don't think I've ever seen this many spammed articles for one game in all the time I've been coming here.

ecurl143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ecurl143
Member since 2011 • 745 Posts

@henrythefifth: Quote: "So it was important the game was fully covered"

Seriously, you can't write this stuff.

Oh wait.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

GS wants all the clicks -> Destiny 2 is popular -> lots of Destiny 2 articles and other BS.

Let's be real though.... It's not like they are pushing more interesting articles down the list.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 VFighter

@nibbin1191: I honestly can't believe people still think Activision is handing out huge wads of cash to all these gaming websites to get more coverage lol, it's so cute and dumb.

Destiny got TONS of clicks and post for GameStop (and other gaming sites) so everyday more and more articles were put out. D2 is the same, all the haters will come out and give these places TONS of clicks, which equals money for GameStop.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Macutchi

@nibbin1191 said:

@Macutchi:

ODST was probably one of the best Halo campaigns...

nah. it had quite a nice atmosphere and decent music but there was loads of backtracking, samey environments and the point of the story was a bit vague. of all the games in the series i'd only rank it above halo 2 and 4 (haven't played 5)

swantn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By swantn5
Member since 2011 • 547 Posts

nobody questioned them marketing destiny 2`s mircotransaction currency? lets be honest here gamespot for the moment has been bought by bungie it probably wont end until next month if were luckly

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#21  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Each separate article that you click leads to more advertisements displayed. That is why there are so many different Destiny 2 articles. GameSpot whores themselves out to advertisers. That is why Danny and others left GS.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#23  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts
@BassMan said:

That is why Danny and others left GS.

The same cringy-opinion Dan from this video; who would go back hype-training FO4 for another 2 hours?-

Loading Video...

Yeah, he won't be missed imo. He wouldn't know a good non-retro game if it slapped him in the face_

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#24 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

well, it's more of an entertainment site than a news site, so expect it. Not that a gaming site is ever really serious business. They'll just ride the Destiny hype train for awhile until it stops generating hits, then hop on the next one.

Seems like they always do this...it's just easier to mine Destiny for articles because it's an RPG, so you can have stupid articles like how to get Sturm and Mida for those gamers that struggle with the concept of doing quests that are marked obviously on your map. I do think it's hilarious, however, that they're running server status updates for Bungie.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Do you complain because the media is focused on the hurricane in the SE United States? Of course there is other news going on BUT the natural disaster is quite important. In terms of gaming, D2 is a big release so it is only natural for media to bombard people with news surrounding the game.

cyberpunk_2077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 cyberpunk_2077
Member since 2015 • 627 Posts

Tell me about it lol

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

They don't need incentive from Bungie to know that talking about Destiny is good for business. Sites like these get advertisement revenues for each page click, what you see is determine by your tracked browsing record to deliver tailored ads, whatever is shown by ad services doesn't matter though, they get paid by page loads. So, you fail to realize, Destiny is popular, and because of that people are looking to sites like these for videos and guides and tips, and even general users might take interest given the game's popularity, so GameSpot makes new content to draw in clicks to the stuff people want to see, and that's that, it's not some grand conspiracy.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I haven't visited the homepage of gamespot since 2008.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#30 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

It's been like this since launch day. I have literally started going back to Kotaku until this dies down. This really sucks.

Anyway is this not a 15 hours campaign? What else do you have to cover?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Macutchi

is the campaign really that bad? i'm hearing from everyone at work it's much improved.

considering pickin it up but i've got dishonored 2 dlc arriving friday and uncharted lost legacy sat on my shelf so may postpone but fancy a good shooter campaign

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 VFighter

@lucidique: What else to cover? Raids, strikes, secrets, gear, weapons, crucible, strikes, etc? Anymore questions lol.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lucidique

@vfighter: So just like any other rpg / hack'n'slash / shooter with loot drop elements?

Are all those features deserving of individual frontage news postings?

So yeah a bunch more questions lol!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

it's not some grand conspiracy.

That's true.

But it is crap.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 VFighter

@lucidique: It gets them LOTS of clicks because of people like you, any other questions?

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lucidique
@vfighter said:

@lucidique: It gets them LOTS of clicks because of people like you, any other questions?

Lots of clicks because of people like me for what?

Do you mean the actual Destiny 2 articles? I don't click on them.

Actually, the whole point of this thread is that some of us (the people like me!) don't want to keep on reading about Destiny 2 every time they scroll down the news section!

They could all be in one place elsewhere where we don't have to see them.

Lol!

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#37 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

I would laugh if it gets a 7 and GameSpot's review is something along the lines of "uhhh.... it's a little better then the last one guys!"

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

While it's unfortunate that it seems to bother some of you so much I really appreciate all the articles and information.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

Gamespot goes where the money flows. Same thing happened with the original Destiny. But yeah Activision obviously payed a s***ton of money. I do agree it does get annoying.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lucidique

@Sam3231 said:

I would laugh if it gets a 7 and GameSpot's review is something along the lines of "uhhh.... it's a little better then the last one guys!"

If the news articles are any indication, this is getting nothing lower than a 9.

Quick edit : I just want to make really clear that i have nothing against the game itself. I have played the PC beta and it's looking really good. I may even buy it when it's out.

I hope the game does well and scores high, but i have no interest in reading about the raid, the equipment, etc. Just put it into a Destiny 2 hub with a link and let us go back to regular gaming news.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

While it's unfortunate that it seems to bother some of you so much I really appreciate all the articles and information.

I'm enjoying the game and have used a few articles to increase my knowledge of the game myself. That said, it's definitely way too much. It's been 60-65% of the content in the news feed for over a week now and several articles are split up for the sake of having more articles with 'Destiny 2' in the title. i.e. Why is there an article about Xur being shown on the map and a separate article for what items he has? Couldn't that be one single article about Xur? Also, how much you want to bet they bump that article to the top of the news feed after he leaves?

MarkoftheSivak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MarkoftheSivak
Member since 2010 • 461 Posts

I think it's annoying and it makes Gamespot appear as if it is owned by Bungie.

I am thinking of moving on to a new site.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

The same shitshow with every new popular title. Last time i remember was Overwatch.

Popular, hyped games simply get covered a lot, because those articles attract a lot of people (= more clicks). It's like complaining about sports news covering football every fucking day.

Popular stuff gets covered a lot. How the hell is it so hard to understand?

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@henrythefifth said:

Well, it is a big release to many, given how popular Destiny was. So it was important the game was fully covered.

Destiny 2 focuses on mp aspects, and the maps feel lot poorer. So, lot less content for single player oriented gamers.

Also, Destiny 1 felt like its own universe. D2 does not.

Destiny 1 also had way better music

Destiny 2 uses the same classes, the classes even use the same supers from destiny 1 itis a joke, all the same enemies as the first game nothing has changed

The PVP crucible went from 6v6 to way less people

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 VFighter

@ProtossRushX: Oh sweet, somebody who played 10 minutes thinking it's exactly the same. It's a sequel so it's going to feel a lot alike, but they made a lot of changes.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@vfighter said:

@ProtossRushX: Oh sweet, somebody who played 10 minutes thinking it's exactly the same. It's a sequel so it's going to feel a lot alike, but they made a lot of changes.

yeah im light level 210 or something i played through the whole story and did some pvp and strikes

the strikes are all less fun than destiny 1 the crucible is worse way less people nerfs to melee now everyone has a pulse rifle and just shoots you in 2 seconds

so yes they changed things FOR thE WORSE

they booted marty odonnell the guy who did the music for halo 1-3 destiny 1 and put in some real shit, they took out peter dinklage who i thought did a way better job as the ghost in the first one.

they made it so you can't melee people it does like no damage now and people with pulse rifles just win everytime

games a joke now im already done with it won't ever buy another game from bungie after this its not good compared to destiny 1 imo the strikes are like 100x worse i remember hunting the bug planet and the fight was epic

now its just kill some big electricity boss like ffs and getting there takes forever and is boring

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 VFighter

@ProtossRushX: We must be playing different games, I melee people all the time in the crucible and get kills. I also use an auto rifle and haven't had a bad match yet, and win with it.

The music was more epic in the first game, I'll give you that, but I'm starting to really like some of the new stuff, but that's not to say it's better, I just don't hate it.

And Peter Dinklage was pretty bad as the ghost, the next guy was even worse, and this newest guy isn't much better. Peter was so bad though he was entertaining but for some reason they can't get the ghost to sound right IMO. There's a lot of good voice acting in the sequel and even the first game so I don't know why the ghost can't seem to catch a break.

From what I've played I'm enjoying it more then the first and I loved the first game. Level 20 with 228 power at the moment so I have a lot to go, but the strikes I've played, crucible, and overall game are great so far. It's not perfect and I'll agree some changes are weird (why 4v4 installed of 6v6) and the weapon classes, but it's not a deal breaker.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lucidique

@groowagon said:

The same shitshow with every new popular title. Last time i remember was Overwatch.

Popular, hyped games simply get covered a lot, because those articles attract a lot of people (= more clicks). It's like complaining about sports news covering football every fucking day.

Popular stuff gets covered a lot. How the hell is it so hard to understand?

In your life, would you say you agree to everything simply because you understand it? This is an extremely gullible way to go about doing things.

By the same logic, you should agree, or at least acknowledge your understanding that it is bothersome to enough people that they are creating threads about it on the forums and people are openly discussing it.

Is it that hard to understand?