Games that show your skill

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ownejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ownejj
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts

Alot of people wont agree with me on this but i believe that CoD 6 doesnt take to much skill to be better then another player. its just who has the most upgraded gun or better perk.

Also you have every person that uses a sniper: they think they are the best quick scoper that ever lived. this provides us with ridiculous nicknames like. " QwikxxSCoPezx" and other variations on that. ( that was irrelevent but i feel like i needed to get that out )

Halo, CS, TF2. all these games require a degree of skill to beat the opposition. im not limiting it to those three, there are definately others out there.

so post the games that you think take a fair amount of skill to pull one over on your opponent.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Pokemon. I'm serious. ...excluding luck hax, of course.

Combii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Combii
Member since 2009 • 755 Posts

MW2 is a lot of skillz. 8)

iano-87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 iano-87
Member since 2010 • 685 Posts

call of duty 2

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Games like MW2 don't require much skill. People liketo think they do, but they don't. SSF4 and Ninja Gaiden require skill.

neildneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 neildneil
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts

Street Fighter IV. Oh my God this game is definitely down to skill as I lost 36 games online before I finally won one.

Also CODMW2 I don't think is very skillful as on the few occasions I've played online, I've done pretty well, even winning once or twice, and I suck at shooters... and I really mean SUCK.

SnipeyMcSnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SnipeyMcSnipe
Member since 2006 • 2010 Posts

I agree that MW2 doesn't take that much skill but there is one aspect that I'm proud of which is my accuracy. Right now it's 36%. I do snipe a lot but only about three quarters of the time.

If I had to pick a game that overall reflected skill it would be something either something tactical such as the Rainbow Six series - but if it was arcade it would have to be something fast paced like Unreal Tournament or Quake.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts

Street Fighter IV. Oh my God this game is definitely down to skill as I lost 36 games online before I finally won one.

Also CODMW2 I don't think is very skillful as on the few occasions I've played online, I've done pretty well, even winning once or twice, and I suck at shooters... and I really mean SUCK.

neildneil
I agree with SF4. My initial record was abysmal and I haven't played since I had hand surgery. That game requires some pretty good timing, execution, and strategy. I can not think of too many games now that take skills. I am inclined to say the old JRPGs of the PS2 glory days when you decided to fight an optional or "Omega" level boss. That too skill...and a lot of potions.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Fighting games, RPGs, adventure games, platformers, action games, even a FPS or two always show the best skill I have in a game. :)

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Unreal Tournament 2004/ Quake 3 arena. Those take a fair amount of skill to rank at the top of.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#11 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

In MW2 I used the sniper very well, so in your opinion, me getting 48 kills to 2 deaths on a map wasn't skill?

Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts
Killzone 2 was a great game to show off your shooting talents in :P
allthatdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 allthatdown
Member since 2008 • 1229 Posts

Games like MW2 don't require much skill. People liketo think they do, but they don't. SSF4 and Ninja Gaiden require skill.

Heirren

Yeh Ninja Gaiden was the first game that came to mind for me, the first time I saw it I was like I want to play a challenging game like this and finish it just so it can be one of my great achievements

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#14 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
Super Smash TV. Ha!
Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts

I think racing games, especially simulations, show best how skilled the players are. They are fair, every player has the same conditions and so the winner is usually the most skilled player.

gamer4life85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamer4life85
Member since 2003 • 1203 Posts

Racing games, halo,gears of war 1, I been playing gears of war 1 since its release like for 4 yrs nowI pretty much own everyone at that game prob why I still play it cause im so skilled at it.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
[QUOTE="neildneil"]

thats not really skill as most SFIV players have their lil unbreakable move sets they use over and over, thats not skill thats just retarded
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
Unreal Tournament 2004/ Quake 3 arena. Those take a fair amount of skill to rank at the top of.Treflis
oh right becuase pointing and clicking is alot of skill
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Harvest Moon games show ones hardcore farming skills.

lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts

Super Smash TV. Ha!Daavpuke

Yeah dude!!

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Chess?

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

[QUOTE="Treflis"]Unreal Tournament 2004/ Quake 3 arena. Those take a fair amount of skill to rank at the top of.-DirtySanchez-
oh right becuase pointing and clicking is alot of skill

I dunno about Quake 3 Arena, but UT takes a bit more than pointing and clicking...

I agree with the poster that said some people think MW2 takes skill, but it really doesn't. I pointed this out to some of my friends (who are pure COD fanboys), but they called BS on it, so I demonstrated. See first, shoot first, kill first. Even though I proved my point (their kills proved it too), they still held the same argument. I guess you can't make fanboys think different :P

Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jordo321
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Bullet Hell games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZuidKexBQ
Yeah

Avatar image for voluptuoushrewd
voluptuoushrewd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 voluptuoushrewd
Member since 2010 • 255 Posts

I died watching that. WTF just happened, really.

Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jordo321
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts

I died watching that. WTF just happened, really.

voluptuoushrewd
Funny thing about those games is that if you get hit by one of those bullets, you die. Fortunately the hitbox is usually in the center of the ship, and not the exact edges (which is why you see some bullets go through the wings etc.) Wouldn't want to play them in arcades, you'd go broke pretty quick
darthvader1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darthvader1993
Member since 2005 • 914 Posts

Technically, any game where each being has equal power are the games that require the most skill.

EX:

-Chess

-Darwinia

and basically any other game where no player has an advantage.

Blacklight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 Blacklight2
Member since 2007 • 1212 Posts
Believe it or not but WoW takes skill when you get up to Heroic Putricide. Killing Floor suicidal difficulty.
Tigarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tigarian
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts

IL2 Sturmovik series. If you are flying planes of comparable performance, than it is a battle of pure skill and tactical wit. If your skills are significantly mis-matched, then you can take down a fighter with performance far superior to your own.

It is possible to get in a lucky shot, particularly if your plane has cannons, but if your opponent is smart enough to avoid sucker shots, the dogfight can be an epic duel that can last 5 minutes or more. Throw in a squadron vs squadron engagement and things can get exhilarating.

Tigarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tigarian
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts

Also RTS and Racing sims.

XSoldat13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 XSoldat13
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
If you are talking about online play then MW2 is totaly out of it since everyone uses hax and glitches. It is totally realistic to spin 360 and take a shot that lands perfectly. I would also say that Halo series is out of it. The weapons are far too accurate to need skill. The only online games that require skill are BF series, racing games, and rpgs. I especially like BFBC2 since the bullets drop addind a realism factor. If you are talking about offline then MW2 is still in the list since some of the spec-ops are insane. However CoD 4 has that beat with the campaign. No Fighting in the War Room is extremely hard. I would say it is more difficult than the Mile High Club. Ultimately all online games do not require skill as anyone with knowledge of internet may hack the servers or lag the servers to their advantage.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#31 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]Super Smash TV. Ha!lucfonzy

Yeah dude!!

Thumb wrecking, isn't it?
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts
I think racing games take a fair bit of skill... Need good coordination and timing. The only games I'm truly good at are racing games like Formula 1 CE & Gran Turismo games etc...
Ownejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ownejj

Believe it or not but WoW takes skill when you get up to Heroic Putricide. Killing Floor suicidal difficulty. Blacklight2

sorry man but i have a friend that does ICC 25's and other stupid stuff like that, hes a healer and he barely watches the screen sometimes,

Ownejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ownejj

If you are talking about online play then MW2 is totaly out of it since everyone uses hax and glitches. It is totally realistic to spin 360 and take a shot that lands perfectly. I would also say that Halo series is out of it. The weapons are far too accurate to need skill. The only online games that require skill are BF series, racing games, and rpgs. I especially like BFBC2 since the bullets drop addind a realism factor. If you are talking about offline then MW2 is still in the list since some of the spec-ops are insane. However CoD 4 has that beat with the campaign. No Fighting in the War Room is extremely hard. I would say it is more difficult than the Mile High Club. Ultimately all online games do not require skill as anyone with knowledge of internet may hack the servers or lag the servers to their advantage.XSoldat13

Halo does take a degree of skill to "beat" your opposite player, because unlike mw2 every1 is equal

D1st0rtedFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 D1st0rtedFate
Member since 2010 • 642 Posts

MW2 requires no skill. The mosst skilled player at level one will lose to anyone higher level just because of their increased firepower. Games where people start out the same are better skill trackers.

cropcircles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cropcircles
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts
demon's souls zelda 2 most fighting games nocturne resonance of fate
Blacklight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#37 Blacklight2
Member since 2007 • 1212 Posts

[QUOTE="Blacklight2"]Believe it or not but WoW takes skill when you get up to Heroic Putricide. Killing Floor suicidal difficulty. Ownejj

sorry man but i have a friend that does ICC 25's and other stupid stuff like that, hes a healer and he barely watches the screen sometimes,

Well yeah, my brother does it all the time but the first time you do it, it can be pretty difficult.
Ownejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ownejj

[QUOTE="Ownejj"]

[QUOTE="Blacklight2"]Believe it or not but WoW takes skill when you get up to Heroic Putricide. Killing Floor suicidal difficulty. Blacklight2

Well yeah, my brother does it all the time but the first time you do it, it can be pretty difficult.

true, if your talking about brand new content you havent researched or anything i believe things could get quite hard.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#39 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Pong

Dudewrsmygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dudewrsmygame
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

Geometry wars.

colt1831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 colt1831
Member since 2009 • 587 Posts
Halo 3 and BC2
shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

Killzone 2 you can hardly rambo this game :(

Bascially any fighting game if plan to play online

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

Halo 3 and BC2colt1831

Imo BC2 dont take much skills. Its really easy to get kills unless ur sinping (harder than most fps). Other than that its more based on how your team performs as well if u want to win.

Temps567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 Temps567
Member since 2007 • 663 Posts

DEMON SOULS! OMG THAT REQUIRES SKILL DOWN TO THE LAST DETAIL

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Fighting games

Super Smash Bros games

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

shmups and fighting games. Blazblue and Street fighter both take quite a bit in execution and mind games and strats.

mrianhoward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mrianhoward
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

Alot of people wont agree with me on this but i believe that CoD 6 doesnt take to much skill to be better then another player. its just who has the most upgraded gun or better perk.

Also you have every person that uses a sniper: they think they are the best quick scoper that ever lived. this provides us with ridiculous nicknames like. " QwikxxSCoPezx" and other variations on that. ( that was irrelevent but i feel like i needed to get that out )

Halo, CS, TF2. all these games require a degree of skill to beat the opposition. im not limiting it to those three, there are definately others out there.

so post the games that you think take a fair amount of skill to pull one over on your opponent.

Ownejj

So your argument is that MW2 doesn't require skill?

1) I've seen players take out the best of players with the guns given to them up front without "upgrades". Upgrades being red dot sights....and what else do you think is a wepon upgrade? :roll:

2) It requires a certain amount of kills to get to your perks. Lots of kills: perks. Lots of kills without deaths: SKILL

3) If a sniper is quick scoping and killing you, then they have skill. Don't hate on people that are good at MW2, because there are skilled players out there that play it.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

Demon's Souls and Ninja Gaiden come to mind, but almost all games require some type of skill imo. Different types and levels, but still skill nonetheless.

Temps567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 Temps567
Member since 2007 • 663 Posts

[QUOTE="Ownejj"]

mrianhoward

So your argument is that MW2 doesn't require skill?

1) I've seen players take out the best of players with the guns given to them up front without "upgrades". Upgrades being red dot sights....and what else do you think is a wepon upgrade? :roll:

2) It requires a certain amount of kills to get to your perks. Lots of kills: perks. Lots of kills without deaths: SKILL

3) If a sniper is quick scoping and killing you, then they have skill. Don't hate on people that are good at MW2, because there are skilled players out there that play it.

actually, MW2 has a feature called "auto-aim" which really takes a lot of skill out of the game. For example, play MW2 and then go and play Killzone 2... you won't do good because Killzone 2 never helps you when aiming (unless your playing Single-Player), so it requires skill. MW2 is mindless running and gunning, in which even an idiot can do and manage to pull out a K: D ratio of over 1:1 or even 1:0. Also, for the campers out there, camping isn't skill either, you must keep moving but at the same time making sure the steps you pull are the right ones. In any other shooter out there, this is relevant (KZ2, Quake, BC2, Section 8 ). Not saying MW2 is a bad game, its just basically FPS for dummies (quite frankly).

dabest2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dabest2500
Member since 2010 • 2575 Posts

I think racing games, especially simulations, show best how skilled the players are. They are fair, every player has the same conditions and so the winner is usually the most skilled player.

Reptylus
This, even more skillful when everyone has the exact same car.