Gameplay vs Story

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

So there is the obvious answer: I played a game when I was a child called "Pepsi man". It is pretty famous on PS. The story was this: a being called Pepsi man would run a track collecting Pepsi bottles and that's it. Then I played "Subway surfers" on my friend's laptop. The plot is a kid running away from a guard on train rails. It was for this year I guess but which one I liked? Pepsi man. It was the character that made the whole game fun.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#52 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I prefer both but if I had to choose one, it would be gameplay. Dragon's Dogma for example, has a horrible story with snooze fest NPC's but the solid gameplay keeps me hooked. On the other hand games like Assassin's Creed 1, which had a good story but horrible gameplay was a chore for me to complete.

HipHopBeats
yeah i felt that way also about AC 1
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#53 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
For me, they hold each other up. I'll play a game with great gameplay and won't care about the story, but if the story's strong, I can put up with monotonous gameplay. I prefer for them to both be equal, though.
Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#54 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

I would have said gameplay, but after playing 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors, I have to go with story. It just blew my mind, and made me question my existance both physically and mentally. The only gameplay are puzzles, that arent even really challenging until the end, but the story completely makes up for it, and I believe the only way to tell that story was by being a videogame.