dmgkm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dmgkm
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts

So I rented madden and after 8 days I never received it and filed a missing game report. They then sent me another copy of madden. 3 days later I receive a copy of madden. The next day another copy of madden arrives on my doorstep.

If I followed good morals I would send both madden copys back when done. But I could easily hold on to one and keep it for free.

Aside from a thank you, do you think I would get anything (a free month or an extra game per month at no charge) in return if I send both back?

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

nope you wont get anything free back from them on shipping issue.

dmgkm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dmgkm

@firedrakes: I guess i just scored a free madden. Thanks usps for taking 12 days to ship. I get stuff quicker from China.

Thanks for your insight

Nice guys finish last.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

Yes. You could easily keep one of the copies without them even knowing about it. Honestly, you can make this decision on your own. I am not entirely sure what the point of your post was? Are you attempting to somehow rub it in you hold two copies of a game that is HEAVILY traded in and are currently sitting unused at GameStop and other video game retail stores?

I had a GameFly account until a week ago (work related reasons due to travel) and I had a few instances where I didn't receive a copy for over a week. I reported the incident to GameFly (see below for details) and was sent a new copy only to receive the original copy a few days later. It happens. I just sent one back and moved on.

To answer your question. Do you seriously believe you would receive some type of monetary gift for doing the right thing? Again. What was the point of this post?

GameFly Website FAQ Section:

What should I do if my rental item is lost or missing in the mail?

If your title has gone missing during its delivery or return, there's no need to panic.

We use U.S. Postal Service (USPS) first class mail, since it's the most reliable and cost-effective way to deliver rentals directly to you. The USPS estimates 2 to 5 business days to deliver anywhere in the U.S.

If it's been more than a week (7 days) from the shipped date and you still have not received your title:

• Go to Report a Rental Problem

• Select the title and the option: I never received the disc.

If it's been more than a week (7 days) since you have mailed back a rental item, but it has not yet been received by GameFly (still shows in your Q's I Have Out):

• Go to Report a Rental Problem

• Select the title and the option: GameFly never received my return.

We'll receive a notification of the reported rental problem and then send you another rental or contact you directly.

@dmgkm said:

So I rented madden and after 8 days I never received it and filed a missing game report. They then sent me another copy of madden. 3 days later I receive a copy of madden. The next day another copy of madden arrives on my doorstep.

If I followed good morals I would send both madden copys back when done. But I could easily hold on to one and keep it for free.

Aside from a thank you, do you think I would get anything (a free month or an extra game per month at no charge) in return if I send both back?

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 firedrakes

it should also be mention . that this have tracking codes on most. i seen where the item has vanished. i mean drop off of tracking system. but do what dark said. i did keep a game. but it showed up a month later after i already had cancel the service.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

You mean they should reward you for not stealing from them?

dmgkm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dmgkm

@TheDarkWolf86:

Your not sure of the point of my post? What is there not to get? You gave an answer, way longer and an unessarily rant in which I feel you are trying to attack me.

Why would I rub in on an internet forum that I received 2 games thanks to USPS screwing up.

It wouldn't be unprecedented if I got a small reward for returning the game. Gamefly gives discounts as loyalty rewards. Redbox rewards you if you rent a scratched movie with an extra free nights rental. Airlines reward,you with air miles of your flight is delayed. So its not far fetched to think I might get a little bonus if I returned it.

I didn't see anybody experience/share the same situation as I when I searched my question on the internet, so I created a thread, hoping for an answer and Firedrakes thankfully gave a clear and concise answer that needs no further clarification.

Now, give your nostrils a break and lay off the coke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Your response makes you sound as if you are a someone who believes they are entitled. All of the things you have listed are for completely different reasons. The scenario you listed about wanting something for returning a duplicate game is similar to someone who finds a wallet and wants monetary value for returning it. The remainder of your response I am choosing to not respond to because it literally makes no sense. I stand by my original comments. No need to make an attempt to take what someone said as personal. You asked a question, you got multiple responses. Welcome to the internet.

@dmgkm said:

@TheDarkWolf86:

Your not sure of the point of my post? What is there not to get? You gave an answer, way longer and an unessarily rant in which I feel you are trying to attack me.

Why would I rub in on an internet forum that I received 2 games thanks to USPS screwing up.

It wouldn't be unprecedented if I got a small reward for returning the game. Gamefly gives discounts as loyalty rewards. Redbox rewards you if you rent a scratched movie with an extra free nights rental. Airlines reward,you with air miles of your flight is delayed. So its not far fetched to think I might get a little bonus if I returned it.

I didn't see anybody experience/share the same situation as I when I searched my question on the internet, so I created a thread, hoping for an answer and Firedrakes thankfully gave a clear and concise answer that needs no further clarification.

Now, give your nostrils a break and lay off the coke

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 firedrakes

@TheDarkWolf86: i see entitled alot now online. not worth the time bothering with them anymore sadly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Valid point @firedrakes. Thank you for the response.

@firedrakes said:

@TheDarkWolf86: i see entitled alot now online. not worth the time bothering with them anymore sadly.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 firedrakes

@TheDarkWolf86: your welcome.