Final Fantasy 6 was really boring in my opinion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rogn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Rogn
Member since 2018 • 111 Posts

Here is the games i have beaten and played

Final Fantasy 1-4 and After Years. My take is FF1 and FF3-FF6 i dislike because they feel like self parodies so i honestly cannot understand the appeal in it. The only game i could like is FF2 because it atleast is on a level of real. Its not my type of game as a whole since the first 3 games are very much "world of warcraft" for the time, meaning you have to use months and weeks to get strong. And this is something i have patience problems with. Though i did play them through and beat the final boss etc.

But yeah outside FF2 is the only of the Classics i can appreciate. FF6 is literally a clown game for me.

FF7 and upwards is what i consider FF games to be better, mostly before that to me atleast if i ignore FF2, i just dont like. I could argue same with Chrono Trigger too with Chrono Cross, Chrono Cross looks cool and interesting, Chrono Trigger is slightly less annoying but its the same feeling as FF games to some extent, meaning it is insanely annoying me everytime i play it.

Just kind of too bad Chrono Cross was never released in Europe. I never beat Chrono Trigger, FF5 or FF6. I played FF6 enough to realise how much i hate it. In FF6 i got to Cyan and got out of there. In Chrono Trigger it was robot death.... which was not sad. In MegaMan X it actually is sad because despite being robots they have DNA souls making them human as conciousness despite being robots on the inside.

But yeah nothing beats PS1 and upwards in my view, that is when Final Fantasy became awesome. But just wondering what your views is about it?

WykieElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WykieElite
Member since 2018 • 11 Posts

agreed

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

I didn't really like FF1 because there wasn't much characterization. You're just The Hero of Light. From FF2 and up tho I love them all. Firion was my boy lol. My favorite Final Fantasy games will always be FFVIII & FFX, tho

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#5 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Going solely off the gameplay, it's got a rather unique battle system in that any character can learn any spell. Add relics on top of that and you have a pretty flexible customization system. But, for me at least, it's the writing and atmosphere that sets it apart. The characters are fantastic, the plot twists are still shocking to this day (I've yet to play another RPG where the world changes so drastically halfway through) and the lore is unique without being incomprehensible or convoluted. FFIV showed what you can do with a standard RPG story when you have great characters, and FFVI showed how the genre doesn't need to be constrained to a straight forward save the world plot.