The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

So this is surprising. Some of you might know that i am a big fan of PES, but they're actually saying PES is better than FIFA this year. I've tried both series for many years, but always stuck with PES. I am really excited for this year's version, because it's on the new generation for the first time aswell. It looks stunning, any preferences or football fans of any of the two series here?

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 0

#2 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

PES 2015 definitely looks like a big improvement compared to 2014.
Hopefully, it's time to move on from PES 2013.

FIFA vs. PES, 2015 Edition?
Well, for me it's always the same story: FIFA may be more realistic and have all the licences, but it will always lack the soul PES has :)

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I'm a FIFA guy 100%. Granted, I've never given PES a fair shot.

I downloaded the PES that's free on PS3 now ('13?) and did not like the way the running and passing felt. Although the guys have a running animation, it felt to me like they're just sliding on top the grass. I didn't feel that I could even make a sharp turn while dribbling the ball. And the passing was way too inaccurate. My passes were way off mark. Now, I know FIFA has some sort of assist, but I appreciate that when I press diagonally down to pass, the ball goes in that direction. In PES, trying to pass diagonally down would send the ball straight ahead and into a defender.

I've really just gotten into football for about 4 years now. I've played a bit of FIFA 10, a bit more of '12, and started a "be a pro" season in '13. FIFA 14 is the one I'm currently playing and have put the most time in (I'm in my second season of "be a pro"). So I know I'm not a good video football player. And if it's true that FIFA automates certain passes and what-not (according to some of what I've read), then that may be why I prefer it's gameplay. I also follow the MLS and FIFA does a decent job with that league. It's not represented in PES at all. Doesn't FIFA also have more features and championships than PES?

On the technical side, FIFA is a gorgeous game that runs very smooth. Again, PES, especially in replays and celebrations, the frame rate suffers tremendously. It's very distracting. I'm pretty sure I'm getting FIFA 15. But I'd like to give PES a real try. Maybe there will be a demo.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Uhm PES.... I just wish There was something I could do about the missing licenses.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#5 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Uhm PES.... I just wish There was something I could do about the missing licenses.

If you're on PC, get PESEdit patch; consoles also have option files

But, beyond fixing the kits, names and adding Bundesliga instead of placeholder clubs, the no. of teams stays the same

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Ill be getting fifa like every year but PES 2015 is looking good I must admit.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu

@SovietsUnited

I use to play it on PC and I would edit all those things by myself but now I have it on 360, What can I do ? ! :(

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

So this is surprising. Some of you might know that i am a big fan of PES, but they're actually saying PES is better than FIFA this year. I've tried both series for many years, but always stuck with PES. I am really excited for this year's version, because it's on the new generation for the first time aswell. It looks stunning, any preferences or football fans of any of the two series here?

So its surprising that two no-names who are part of some youtube group who play minecraft likes PES on a show brought to you by Sony/Konami.

Not sure why fanboys being fanboys is surprising to you.

Also Ride shouldn't you really have posted this in system wars? not really a topic for games discussion when its this subjective.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Last_Ride

@SovietsUnited said:

Well, for me it's always the same story: FIFA may be more realistic and have all the licences, but it will always lack the soul PES has :)

Actually, FIFA is more arcade and PES is sim. Just like Grid leans more to arcade racing while Forza or GT lean towards sim

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@SovietsUnited said:

Actually, FIFA is more arcade and PES is sim. Just like Grid leans more to arcade racing while Forza or GT lean towards sim

Nonsense Ride, one thing you can't say about FIFA is and thats arcade like, that has always been PES´s trademark and 2014 was no different.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts
@The_Last_Ride said:

@SovietsUnited said:

Neither Fifa or PES lean anywhere near SIM. For reasons we have gone over to death in a previous thread I think Fifa leans slightly more in the SIM direction.

Reason is your far closer to Simulating a life like realistic single player career on Fifa than PES. Due to real leagues, the English Football Pyramid, real cup competitions, real league rules and prize monies etc etc.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu

@thehig1

I forget that Sims are not games so its natural for things like Gameplay to go unrecognized.

Hence why we have Football Manager.... That is a Sim. It simulates everything.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jacanuk

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@thehig1

I forget that Sims are not games so its natural for things like Gameplay to go unrecognized.

Hence why we have Football Manager.... That is a Sim. It simulates everything.

I think you are missing the point here

Also Football Manager isn't a good comparison to a game thats about actually playing football

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk

Thats what simulations is.... Its not about Actually Playing football, its about abstracting it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jacanuk

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jacanuk

Thats what simulations is.... Its not about Actually Playing football, its about abstracting it.

Not the slightest in the context your using it and comparing it to Football Manager.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk

Yes it is..... Simulation have nothing to do with how things actually are.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride

@thehig1 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@SovietsUnited said:

Neither Fifa or PES lean anywhere near SIM. For reasons we have gone over to death in a previous thread I think Fifa leans slightly more in the SIM direction.

Reason is your far closer to Simulating a life like realistic single player career on Fifa than PES. Due to real leagues, the English Football Pyramid, real cup competitions, real league rules and prize monies etc etc.

So the presentation makes it a sim? SMH. You do know i am talking about the gameplay. Just because it has better presentation doesn't mean it's more realistic...

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thehig1

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@SovietsUnited said:

So the presentation makes it a sim? SMH. You do know i am talking about the gameplay. Just because it has better presentation doesn't mean it's more realistic...

It does, its only one factor but it sure does.

If the game starts up pretty much mimicking the way sky sports is presented (with mods PC even with the Sky Sports branding) that helps with immersion a lot.

The gameplay is too close to call between each of the franchises, so looking at other aspects makes me lean towards Fifa being slight more SIM like.

However both of these are no were near SIM like, there is probably not enough market of consumers who would want a true Football SIM. Most people seem happy playing PES Master League or Fifa Ultimate team.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Last_Ride

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@SovietsUnited said:

If the game starts up pretty much mimicking the way sky sports is presented (with mods PC even with the Sky Sports branding) that helps with immersion a lot.

The gameplay is too close to call between each of the franchises, so looking at other aspects makes me lean towards Fifa being slight more SIM like.

However both of these are no were near SIM like, there is probably not enough market of consumers who would want a true Football SIM. Most people seem happy playing PES Master League or Fifa Ultimate team.

Just because let's say Grant Turismo has more cars doesn't mean it's a better or even more of a simulation game dude... Do you see the comparison?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thehig1

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@SovietsUnited said:

Just because let's say Grant Turismo has more cars doesn't mean it's a better or even more of a simulation game dude... Do you see the comparison?

it does if everything else about the game is pretty even.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lulu_Lulu

LOL... You 2 are starting to sound even more ridiculous than I do....

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Last_Ride

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@SovietsUnited said:

No, because it depends on the gameplay. PES has always had the more realistic gameplay

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

But simulation has very little to do with Realism.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thehig1

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@SovietsUnited said:

No, because it depends on the gameplay. PES has always had the more realistic gameplay

in your opinion, I think theres theres a minimal difference in gameplay, so the judge the game overall realism you should look at other factors as well.

A single player career on Fifa is more realistic than a single player career on PES, that s why I play Fifa more.

I've already told you why, the football world is not represented on PES yet, the big one being no English football pyramid and full competitions.

Its like saying you have a version flight SIM game with slightly better physics and controls than FSX, but you can only fly in a few select Cities.

I play Football regular, and both Fifa and PES are not realistic there video games, the match engine is debatable as to which one is superior, but everything else the games offer, Fifa is better.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

But simulation has very little to do with Realism.

uhm yes it does, simulation is trying to imitate realism

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride: Imitate is not the word I would use. simulations actually try to "Interpret" reality than imitate it.

I've often seen people refer to certain games as simulations simply because they have alot more Stats and Stuff. They are usually the furthest thing from being realistic but they are heavily detailed. that's why I brought up I brought up Football Manager.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride: Imitate is not the word I would use. simulations actually try to "Interpret" reality than imitate it.

I've often seen people refer to certain games as simulations simply because they have alot more Stats and Stuff. They are usually the furthest thing from being realistic but they are heavily detailed. that's why I brought up I brought up Football Manager.

no they imitate and try to be as real as possible. Why do you think pilots use simulators as practice?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

I know nothing about that... But Gran Turismo, not realistic... Forza... Not realistic.

I'm not calling them Arcade games I'm just saying they put alot more effort into car setups and statistics and not enough effort into the actual Driving Experience to the point that vehicles behave awkardly. If they would just peel them selves away from customization menu and focus on the gameplay then they would realise just how unrealistc their games are.

Or maybe you're right, but gamers will often go for the one driven by numbers since thats what they perceive to be realistic... I'm assuming.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#29 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

I'm with PES because simply been playing it since i was a kid and got used to it .

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jacanuk

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jacanuk

Yes it is..... Simulation have nothing to do with how things actually are.

When it comes to football the point of PES and FIFA is to imitate football as realistic as possible, Its a football simulation game.

So yes a simulation can be 100% how it is.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk

It can also be a number driven statistical mess like Football Manager, thats simulation too.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jacanuk

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jacanuk

It can also be a number driven statistical mess like Football Manager, thats simulation too.

Well, yes simulation is a very generic term that can be used about a lot of things.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

neither for me

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk

Yep ! :)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

I know nothing about that... But Gran Turismo, not realistic... Forza... Not realistic.

I'm not calling them Arcade games I'm just saying they put alot more effort into car setups and statistics and not enough effort into the actual Driving Experience to the point that vehicles behave awkardly. If they would just peel them selves away from customization menu and focus on the gameplay then they would realise just how unrealistc their games are.

Or maybe you're right, but gamers will often go for the one driven by numbers since thats what they perceive to be realistic... I'm assuming.

They aren't 100% real, but they are trying to get close to reality as possible. Off course they aren't that realistic because games haven't come that far yet

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

It probably never will. Things like Football Manager will always be more simlike than realist games like PES. Despite PES being more realistic.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

It probably never will. Things like Football Manager will always be more simlike than realist games like PES. Despite PES being more realistic.

But they are two different games. Fotball Manager is realistic in managing a team. PES has more realistic gameplay

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

Yeah but in PES you can play as the whole team, one player at a time but Football Manager lets you play through the entire game as the entire team as a single cohesive unit.

ooole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 ooole
Member since 2013 • 26 Posts
Loading Video...

Realizm

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 The_Last_Ride

@ooole: so what about all the bugs in FIFA?

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

Yeah but in PES you can play as the whole team, one player at a time but Football Manager lets you play through the entire game as the entire team as a single cohesive unit.

true, i am not refuting that. They're just focusing on two different aspects of the sport

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

Indeed. Ones a sim and the other is PES.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

I would say they're sims in their own department

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

lets agree that I'm right... Just this one time.... ;)

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thehig1

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

Football Manager is the only Football game that comes close to being a SIM. Neither PES or FIFA are anywhere near that category.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lulu_Lulu

TOLD YA' ! ;)

ooole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46  Edited By ooole
Member since 2013 • 26 Posts

The_Last_Ride

Neither PES or FIFA get football right. NBA 2K is light years ahead. But this year I'm going with FIFA since PES told their PC gamers to **** off.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

Football Manager is the only Football game that comes close to being a SIM. Neither PES or FIFA are anywhere near that category.

You do know that the gameplay is much harder to achieve than what Football Manager does right?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

Yeah I know.... Look this is why I specifically avoid sims, remember Codemasters Transition from DiRT to DiRT 2.

DiRt was often reffered to as the sim, but DiRT was considered arcadey despite being Drastically more realistic....

I've encounter this several games, Like Tactical Shooters and Strategy games. The sims are usually the much LESS REALISTIC ones.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

Yeah I know.... Look this is why I specifically avoid sims, remember Codemasters Transition from DiRT to DiRT 2.

DiRt was often reffered to as the sim, but DiRT was considered arcadey despite being Drastically more realistic....

I've encounter this several games, Like Tactical Shooters and Strategy games. The sims are usually the much LESS REALISTIC ones.

Dirt is a mix of sim and arcade, i have never heard anyone call it a sim game

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 thehig1

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

You do know that the gameplay is much harder to achieve than what Football Manager does right?

what does that have to do with weather its a SIM or not.

There completely different games, one does Simulate an aspect of Football, and the other two (PES & FIFA) are pick up and play with a little bit of depth if you want that.