Far Cry 3: New details, New Trailer, Release Date: Sep 4, 2012 (N.A)

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Looks sexy think ill be giving this one a try. I will have to hunt down the second one and give it a whirl I guess. I wish they'd bring back the animal powers from the xbox game though, that was awesome.GodModeEnabled

I wish they brought back the fact you could lay traps, that was awesome.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#102 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

I tried very hard to get into Far Cry 2 but the malaria issue and the enimies respawning just ruined it for me.

ZombieKiller7

Malaria is a non-issue, it's just a plot device to make you see the doctor and run errands.

If you want to enjoy this game, stay away from cars.

Never drive, go on foot.

Use the bus to get around and only work at night.

This is what breaks the game.

Good advice, except don't work at night, or you'll miss out on the game's incredible graphics. Only work at night if you're playing the hardest missions on on the highest difficulty.
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#103 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
The trailer we have now is one of the best I've seen. That crazy one.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#104 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Does Metamania actually not have an opinion on a game he hasn't played, which seems to be many.

How bizarre.

Anyway, i've lost my buzz for Far Cry 3

Ilovegames1992

If all you're going to do, against me, is to insult me or think of me as ignorant or what have you, then just block me, because I honestly don't give a f***. I have an opinion, I will speak my mind, and if you hate me for being honest, not my problem. Deal with it. Thank you!

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Hate? What are you talking about? Its just stupid, that'sd all. There's no hate :lol:

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Metamania

Hate? What are you talking about? Its just stupid, that'sd all. There's no hate :lol:

Ilovegames1992

It's not. I don't have to play games to speak my mind about them. I read about them, I gather the information, play or no play, and go from there. It's not stupid. You don't like it, there's the door.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Metamania

It's not. I don't have to play games to speak my mind about them. I read about them, I gather the information, play or no play, and go from there. It's not stupid. You don't like it, there's the door.

Come on guys, just agree to disagree, let's not get this thread locked by arguing in it
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#108 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Has there been any word of multiplayer details yet?
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Black_Knight_00
Has there been any word of multiplayer details yet?GodModeEnabled
Not a single word. Not a hint. Not a whisper in the night. Nothing at all.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Metamania

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Has there been any word of multiplayer details yet?Black_Knight_00

Was that in the previous Far Cry games?

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Has there been any word of multiplayer details yet?Metamania

Was that in the previous Far Cry games?

Yes (although not a particularly good one) and FarCry 2 had an unbelievable map editor which let you create your maps from scratch with amazing depth and share them online via a community service, which is still active. I downloaded a map featureing a 1:1 scale Eiffel Tower made of bridges, a map based on the Indiana Jones and the last Crusade temple and even one with a giant woman made of islands :D
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#112 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

the fact that they said the world changes around you is encouraging. because to be honest....

what stopped me from enjoying Far Cry 2 was that enemy checkpoints literally respawned within 2-5 minutes it felt. it was so God damn annoying that i had to stop and actually have to fight that often to get from one place to another.

Don't get me wrong, i don't mind random occurances when i'm traveling along a path but the frequency that Far Cry 2 did it at was very annoying. I spent way more of time doing this then actually exploring and doing missions.

this is compounded by the fact with the Malaria you had to stop what your doing and find meds sometimes.

Now i think the Malaria thing was actually kind of neat, would of been better had there been some sort of epic mission to do so you could stop running around looking for more handfuls of pills but still. But what made it a pain in the @ss so much worse was again that fast respawning of enemies.

plus don't even get me started on the multiplayer, i sincerely hope there is no multiplayer component in FC3. The focus of this sort of game should be entirely on it's singleplayer component. the design your own level sort of thing was neat but virtually no one played it.

wish developers would stop shoving modes that don't need to be in them. Especially when they feel like they were simply tack'ed onto it.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#113 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

plus don't even get me started on the multiplayer, i sincerely hope there is no multiplayer component in FC3. The focus of this sort of game should be entirely on it's singleplayer component. the design your own level sort of thing was neat but virtually no one played it.

wish developers would stop shoving modes that don't need to be in them. Especially when they feel like they were simply tack'ed onto it.

SaudiFury

Woah woah I have to COMPLETELY disagreee with this here.

Sure Far Cry 2's multiplayer wasn't so great, but Far Cry Instincts on the other hand had AMAZING multi-player. It had an awesome map editor (something that is a staple of the series) combine with great gameplay AND in that case some unique game types AKA the Predator mode which was sooooo much fun!

I really look forward to a multi-player component in this game than the single player one. It could easily take over as my shooter of focus if it is as good as Instincts was.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Black_Knight_00
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#115 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I doubt I'll buy it first day, but FC2 had so much potential, and the walkthroughs at E3 were very promising.
Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#117 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
FC3 Preview: the Discovery and Branding of Insanity http://gamerant.com/far-cry-3-previews-robk-133588/all/1/
Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
FC3 Q&A: Link here
Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points