Fallout 76 is actually a pretty great game now.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 I_own_u_4ever
Member since 2020 • 647 Posts

Bethesda hopefully realizes now that the current Fallout 76 Wastelanders is the game they should of released in the first place. If they did it would of likely scored an 8.0-8.5 in reviews.

Sure there are still some bugs in fallout 76 but it's actually a pretty decent Fallout game now and now has some charm. It's a game I now enjoy being in the game world and losing hours of game time. Everything just works now the flow of wandering alone but the option to have interaction with both NPC's and human players is great now.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts
@i_own_u_4ever said:

Bethesda hopefully realizes now that the current Fallout 76 Wastelanders is the game they should of released in the first place. It's a game I now enjoy being in the game world and losing hours of game time. Everything just works

Not sure you'll find many will take your thread serious after using the scam phrase from Todd Howard "everything just works". May have been intended as a joke but from my understanding this game hurt a lot of Fall Out fans. This site itself has a lot of Fall Out fans that have strong opinions about the released game and its continued premium membership Fall Out 1st (would not say I am a FO fan but have followed the series to a certain extent, and its fandom namely here on GD) and commonly this is how fans felt

Loading Video...

You come across as someone taking marketing funds from Bethesda and advertising to the stupid as well, or are you just that sure on this expansion? I know easy buyers exist, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt to stop buying dogshit every, ****ing time, because most do learn overtime.

Sure. Fall Out 76 may be better than what it was with this expansion, however seems fans giving this expansion praise are the same people still trying to justify the terrible purchase they made two years ago.

And because this experience is only better if you purchase the base-game and its over-priced expansion. Which as OP mentions above serves to fix the hefty complaints. It saddens me how many will bite the bait, just because it's Fall Out.

Even if someone wanted an experience reminiscent to Fall Out sense of humor/ mechanics/ nostalgia? can't they just buy The Outer Worlds instead_

Which I've read relative mixed things about from Fall Out fans. Yet most I've seen cannot deny it is better quality than anything Bethesda has put out for almost a decade. And The Outer Worlds will also get expansions, and likely cheaper and better than Wastelanders.

Anyone still diving into Fall Out 76 after all this time, should keep in mind they're gullible. And probably shouldn't be trusted with a credit card.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Yeah no.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#5 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

It’s actually kinda fun now. Far from a masterpiece clearly, but it’s no longer a dumpster fire.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:

Bethesda hopefully realizes now that the current Fallout 76 Wastelanders is the game they should of released in the first place. It's a game I now enjoy being in the game world and losing hours of game time. Everything just works

And because this experience is only better if you purchase the base-game and its over-priced expansion.

Wastelanders is free content. There is a Wastelanders edition of Fallout 76, and that seems to be causing some confusion. If you already own Fallout 76 the DLC is free.

Anyway, I might check it out at some point. I think my main problem with the game was that it never wanted to commit to survival gameplay or traditional Fallout gameplay and fell into a nether region somewhere in between.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Did it pull a No Man's Sky and actually turn into a good game...or it it merely better than it was?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44169 Posts

Companies really need to release a game in a more enjoyable and competent state from the get go instead of fixing them up later on. I was looking forward to this prior to launch but seeing how it came out like made me pass on it instead. For me that time has come and gone and now I have so many other games vying for my time and money.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
@i_own_u_4ever said:

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 I_own_u_4ever

@RSM-HQ:

Well I mean it flows good now sure still some bugs but it flows good like you have purpose no going to you next quest from an NPC or to go talk to another NPC meanwhile exploring and bumping into other human players and such.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 I_own_u_4ever

I saw someone over the weekend with a player level of 504. I immediately said this has got to be a hack. I can't imagine anyone being that much of a loser with no life to literally being as high of a level in Fallout 76 of 504? Does anyone think that is real or a hacker? This is on the X.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever said:

I saw someone over the weekend with a player level of 504. I immediately said this has got to be a hack. I can't imagine anyone being that much of a loser with no life to literally being as high of a level in Fallout 76 of 504? Does anyone think that is real or a hacker? This is on the X.

Plenty of Reviewers and journalist mentions in previews there is a lot of high lvl players helping them. Guess there is some people who loved Fallout 76 world enough to play it to that level.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

I'm still skeptical about a co-op or multiplayer fallout. And it sounds like "wastelanders" is only getting some praise because it brings in single player content.

I also don't like the overpriced subscription fee or the atomic shop prices.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

The general consensus is that the game is a lot better now thanks to the Wasterlanders expansion. I doubt that it's great though.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

It's certainly not a terrible game and no where near as bad as a lot of youtubers said it was way back then but even at its most functional I would say it's an average game made marginally better when played with friends. Would have been better as a full on MMO or a regular Fallout game with Co-op built in instead of this weird 'best of neither' thing they've got going on right now.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 I_own_u_4ever

I wonder if Bethesda or MS will patch it to run at 60fps and have faster loading and game world streaming on the Series X?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56102 Posts

The only people who would buy Fallout 76 on Steam already knew its reputation. People who would hate it have all of the knowledge they need to stay far, far away from it.

@mrbojangles25 said:

Did it pull a No Man's Sky and actually turn into a good game...or it it merely better than it was?

Yeah. They had a huge update recently and actually added in NPCs. I went back to playing it and wasn't impressed still. Glad I was able to pay Fallout 76 $20 awhile back.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RSM-HQ
@RSM-HQ said:

And because this experience is only better if you purchase the base-game and its over-priced expansion.

@Ish_basic said:

Wastelanders is free content. There is a Wastelanders edition of Fallout 76, and that seems to be causing some confusion. If you already own Fallout 76 the DLC is free.

Yes this threw me off and didn't know it was bundled free for anyone who had the previous editions.

Strange how they have a Wastelanders bundle that costs a lot more in my region over just the code for Fall Out 76. Unless the latter has been discontinued?

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By I_own_u_4ever

@davillain-:

I personally like it. I actually felt fallout 4 was only ok because I felt the base building was worthless fending off dumb AI and I always wished Fallout 4 had coop. I feel like Fallout 4 was actually a beta test for base building basically. Now with the Wastelanders Update Bethesda has a solid foundation to continue adding good DLC with NPC's and quests and storytelling.

I was actuality thinking that what if they did a return to DC expansion where you traveled from West VA back to DC and they basically did a brand new story in DC basically like people from West VA come there to help. It could be pretty freaking awesome. They could do so many things now with Fallout 76 now that they have added NPC's

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:

Plenty of Reviewers and journalist mentions in previews there is a lot of high lvl players helping them. Guess there is some people who loved Fallout 76 world enough to play it to that level.

when the game first came out, XP gain was crazy. Add to that the legendary farming methods, particularly over at the golf club, mowing down hordes of ghouls. They nerfed it eventually so it's slower going now, but it used to be crazy fast. I stopped playing the PS4 version about a month or so after it came out and I was over lvl 200 and it's been a couple years now.

@RSM-HQ said:

Strange how they have a Wastelanders bundle that costs a lot more in my region over just the code for Fall Out 76. Unless the latter has been discontinued?

there's a bundle that has a bunch of in-game items in it that is $20 more.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Black_Knight_00 said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:

Yeah my thoughts exactly, same goes for No Man's Sky and TESO

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By I_own_u_4ever

Some new updates this week are showing that Fallout 76 truly has legs now. They are adding things like pets and also saying leaving Appalachia DLC is coming at some point? That's amazing wonder where they will go DC? Who knows but that's a great thing. Fallout 76 is turning things around.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RSM-HQ

@Ish_basic said:

@RSM-HQ said:

there's a bundle that has a bunch of in-game items in it that is $20 more.

Two year old game that is critically panned turns into barely manageable product, and Bethesda still trying to sell horse armor ontop it. In 2020? hmm

Was hoping the company would follow a lot of cues from other publishers seeing a decline and try mending a damaged reputation. 2019 was a good year to see publishers reflect on a changing market. Even EA is doing 'slightly' better due to Respawns efforts with Apex and Fallen Order.

It's my hope Bethesda don't try this kind of crap for when The Elder Scrolls VI rolls around, and now looking at this, think they're stuck in a loop.

What a shame.

MakotoNiijima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MakotoNiijima
Member since 2020 • 121 Posts

No chance.

Bury this game to where it belongs. In the trash