judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

Was there ever a DLC pack that looked so cool, you bought a game you might not have otherwise?

That was definitely the case for me with the Hot Wheels Expansion in Forza Horizon 3. Horizon never looked like a bad game or anything, there was just nothing that made it stand out to me over the plethora of other open-word racers out there. Until they dropped this. The prospect of speeding down Hot Wheels tracks in a game that wasn't third-rate licenced crap was something I couldn't pass up. Fortunately, while I put the majority of my time into the Hot Wheels part, the base game turned out to be quite enjoyable too.

Followup question. Is there any DLC that you think should be expanded into a full game?

Same answer for me. Would be all over a full fledged Forza Hot Wheels game.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Ever buy a game just for the DLC?

The Shivering Isles

Tried The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and was quickly bored. Played with a friends copy and had no interest in returning.

The DLC fixed a lot of my problems. It was far more interesting and a few of the quests are honestly closer to Morrowind with its dark sense of humor.

*Would later go onto enjoy the standard games Dark Brotherhood questline as well.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

I did buy Witcher 3 complete edition due to Blood and Wine expansion (and game was on sale for around $7 or $10 on PSN store) but never even got to the region. stopped 50-70 hours in after I got to Skellige.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#4 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Yeah. Probably the only example I can think of would be buying Pokemon Shield. The DLC's made me pretty intrigued after taking a break from the mainline games for a few years. Though, after playing Shield for a few hours, I wasn't feeling it.

With games like Pokemon, I'd like to be able to catch everything that's available within the two games. That's what's fun about it for me personally. But then I thought that it'd take far too long and it's something that I wouldn't end up having the motivation to actually complete. It'd be something I'd really have to put time into. Time that I don't have these days. Especially, this year. Another thing is that I've probably just grown out of Pokemon, so I don't force it on myself.

Other than that, the base game itself wasn't offering me much so it probably wasn't worth it in the end after all.

HankMulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 HankMulder
Member since 2020 • 203 Posts

Borderlands 3.

The main story is awful but DLCs are amazing. Finished Guns, Love and Tentacles and it was amazingly fun, now playing The Handsome Jackpot and it's brilliant.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Injustice 2, well I dissent buy it as it was a gift, but the only reason I wanted the game at all was for the TMNT's and Hellboy.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I brought the standard edition witcher 3 on xbox beat it then the complete edition on ps4 was cheaper than the DLC on xbox. Another was AC Origins not that that game needed anymore content I spent near 6 months finishing that off.

CVBelmont47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CVBelmont47
Member since 2019 • 13 Posts

Unfortunately no. I don't buy DLC offerings unless they just so happen to come packaged with the game (GOTY Editions). Even then I rarely play them.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#9 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Can't say that I have, although I've enjoyed certain pieces of DLC more than main games, such as with Borderlands 2.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

dark souls 2 dlcs are significantly better than the base game, not saying the base game is bad but it's by far the weakest modern From Software game without including dlc.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Yes, Fallout 76 and believe me, I wish I hadn’t...

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Well kinda of yes I owned the original Sleeping Dogs but never bought any of the DLC but when the definitive edition came out I bought it because it had all DLC in it I still replayed the game again also.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@locus-solus: I disagree on DS2 dlcs but hey, enjoy what you like.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#16 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

Fallout 76 Wastelanders. Always liked the series but the reviews for the game were brutal. After Wastelanders they had a free play week & I ended up buying it.

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 YukoAsho
Member since 2004 • 3737 Posts

Not really. I don't even buy dlc. Closest I get is buying GOTY editions if everything's on the disc.