Estimate how much money you've spent on World of Warcraft.

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
I paid 0$ I'm so clever....Not really. Dunno how much I've paid, but on and off for 5 years I probably spent around $500 or so, maybe a tad more. Well worth it for the days upon days of entertainment I got from it.
ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts

Just under $400, about. I played for about a year and a half, bought the game and two expansions, and had a couple character transfers.

Its hilarious how many people in this thread are saying that they hate WoW, yet we know they never played it because they admit they never spent any money on it.

EDIT: I guess that was allready pointed out, but still.

Avatar image for I-Heroic-Pain-I
I-Heroic-Pain-I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 I-Heroic-Pain-I
Member since 2010 • 160 Posts
Probaly about 40 days of play time. I was addicted to it. Now I'm free, Good thing I got a 360 and ps3 to free me of it.
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
Alot.. probably about as much as other players posting.. don't really play any more though.
1zenron1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 1zenron1
Member since 2010 • 672 Posts
Nothing. I refuse to buy a game and then pay for it every month.... it's also incredibly addictive, so I wouldn't want to try it.
Soko77788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Soko77788
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

I'm proud to say 0 dollars.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts

I've been playing World of Warcraft since the launch in 2004. So, 6 years this November-ish. I've quit in the middle of expansions and stuff probably 3 or 4 times. I recently quit earlier this year because I just grew fed up with the simplification of the system and didn't find it challenging at all since Wotlk came out. In all my time playing it, I'd say I've spent close to 750 dollars on the subscriptions alone. 180 bucks a year. Plus the actual cost of expansions and the game itself. I can't tell you how much I regret spending my money on it. It is horribly addictive and I won't be coming back for Cataclysm because I just don't have the money to do it anymore. It just kills all your free time, you know? only reason i stayed so long is because my friends were still playing. they still are, but i'm not going back, that's for sure.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts

I'm guessing around $100Aus, which isn't much more than the price of a new game here.

boxofwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 boxofwonder
Member since 2009 • 467 Posts

$0. i'd be scared to even try it, knowing how succeptable my addiction for games is, and that WOW is reputably VERY addictive.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Funny how the OP didnt post any numbers... Anyway, ive spent 0 on the game itself, played it for 2 weeks on a triaal and wasnt interested. I did buy a figure for my buddies birthday, so theres that!Witchsight

Haha, yeah, I've never played the game myself. I've had a few relatives addicted to Star Wars Galaxies for a bit when it first came out, but I just don't understand what is intriguing about these types of games. I know people like them, but knowing a few people that were somewhat addicted to them--from "Hang on, I HAVE to do something really quick," to, "Hey I need to use the computer at this time"--the play mechanics, especially considering the cost, is comparable to a cigarette addiction.