Does anyone else have game ideas?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AntJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AntJR
Member since 2012 • 56 Posts
Ive come up with tons of them, and I want to read some of what other people have come up with. One of my games is an RPG, its very similar to Kingdom Hearts(gameplay and story), except, it has a modern present day setting like Pokemon and Earthbound(Mother). The main character has a weapon similar to a keyblade, becuase it also fires beams of light to unlock gateways. Another one is like Sonic the Hedgehog, except the main character is slow moving, very nonchalant about time(he'll get there when he gets there), he can manipulate time and has wings. it has the style of modern Sonic games(like Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors). And another one is similar to Pokemon(with same setting), but the creatures can be ANYTHING: furniture, houses, food, cars, and animals as well; literally anything!
RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

Ive come up with tons of them, and I want to read some of what other people have come up with. One of my games is an RPG, its very similar to Kingdom Hearts(gameplay and story), except, it has a modern present day setting like Pokemon and Earthbound(Mother). The main character has a weapon similar to a keyblade, becuase it also fires beams of light to unlock gateways. Another one is like Sonic the Hedgehog, except the main character is slow moving, very nonchalant about time(he'll get there when he gets there), he can manipulate time and has wings. it has the style of modern Sonic games(like Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors). And another one is similar to Pokemon(with same setting), but the creatures can be ANYTHING: furniture, houses, food, cars, and animals as well; literally anything! AntJR
Those are some crazy ideas, if I were to make a game (which I won't) it would be set in an open city, with a variety of vehicles and weapons (critics will take points off the game for that), every game mechanic polished as much as possible, a great story mixed with lots of over the top fun gameplay (it seems like it is impssible for Bioware and Hideo Kojima to do that), a lengthy single player mode and worthwhile additional multiplayer, all DLC would be free (which would make the original cost slightly higher than most games but it would be worth it). The game would support user made/downloaded models, textures and musicon all platforms (PS3, Xbox 360 and PC) and have NO online pass. The game would have a world editor and level creator for multiplayer. The game would feature lots of customization in both single and multiplayer and people who just play single player wouldn't have to miss out on features that other games would only originally offer in multiplayer. The game would have destructible enviroments, buildings with interiors obviously would have more detailed destruction than the buildings that can't be entered (which would just fall over if hit by an RPG or vehicle enough times. Obviously with the way that gaming is heading these days, there will never be a game like that

Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts
Only once I had an idea for a game. Basically I thought about how Assassin's Creed could work as a multiplayer game. One and a half year later someone at Ubisoft had the same idea, 90% identical to mine.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

I have an idea for a game, but I dont know if that idea is technically possible yet.

The idea is that of a real time/turn based tactical game (think Jagged Alliance 2) where the focus is on plotting, scheming and executing your plans as opposed to combat. Your operatives would be rebels taking on the government meaning that you are both heavily outmanned and outgunned with very limited resources on your side. As a result, combat is best avoided and sabotage, subtletly, social engineering and target killing has a priority over ramboism. The tech level would be around that of the 16th century.

As for why it would be difficult to get to work, because a game like this would require very, very good AI. Otherwise the game would be broken and downright boring.

Only once I had an idea for a game. Basically I thought about how Assassin's Creed could work as a multiplayer game. One and a half year later someone at Ubisoft had the same idea, 90% identical to mine. Reptylus

So a game similar to The Ship.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts

I have an idea for a game, but I dont know if that idea is technically possible yet.

The idea is that of a real time/turn based tactical game (think Jagged Alliance 2) where the focus is on plotting, scheming and executing your plans as opposed to combat. Your operatives would be rebels taking on the government meaning that you are both heavily outmanned and outgunned with very limited resources on your side. As a result, combat is best avoided and sabotage, subtletly, social engineering and target killing has a priority over ramboism. The tech level would be around that of the 16th century.

As for why it would be difficult to get to work, because a game like this would require very, very good AI. Otherwise the game would be broken and downright boring.

[QUOTE="Reptylus"]Only once I had an idea for a game. Basically I thought about how Assassin's Creed could work as a multiplayer game. One and a half year later someone at Ubisoft had the same idea, 90% identical to mine. Maroxad

That would be flipping awesome. Maybe they could somehow work in something like a revamped version of L.A. Noire's interrogation gameplay. That could add another level of intrigue if you're forced to figure out whether or not another character is lying to you or is capable of being recruited.
AntJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AntJR
@Reptylus: Well dang, thats just not fair! lol :D
AntJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AntJR
All awesome ideas so far! :D
AntJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AntJR
I want to add a bit more detail to the 3 ideas I listed above: The main character of the first one I mentioned, his weapon is a sword that emits light, it is one of many swords of the same kind, it has the durability of glass(in contrast to how basically every sword is designed, with durability and made to last), since his weapon is so fragile, it literally shatters with 1 or 2 strikes on an enemy, and he'll have to keep switching to new swords when one breaks(but theyre always scattered around the battlefield) but theyre like a keyblade NO-ONE or very few can weild them. Theres also a type of these swords that emits toxic poison. So instead of light vs darkness(like in kingdom hearts and many other stories in every media) its light vs POISON. In the 2nd idea I mentioned, the main character is the exact opposite of Sonic, but everyone around him has the same exact mentality as Sonic(they REALLY focus on speed), and every character in the game has wings, not just the hero. In the 3rd one I mentioned, theres no carrying limit of six creatures, the main character has both a mother and father(not just a mother alone) and they live together in the same house, He or She also has a younger brother and younger sister, He/She also has an extended family(Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, Grandparents etc.) in each of the different cities of the region, they'll want to battle you when youre in town, and, your mother father and little siblings are your rivals.
contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

Ya, I do. A real friggin 007 James Bond game.

Exotic location hub worlds, side missions which tie into the main narrative giving the player more understanding. Forcing the player to complete a set amount to unlock the next main mission. Much like Deus Ex Human Revolution, I'd want it to have multiple ways to complete a mission with some special Bond moments in each that the player could earn to unlock things like classic Bond outfits/actor skings or vehicles, movie posters/trailers and so forth.

It would need to be quite open with gameplay much like Hitman Absolution. I would want driving missions to be more authentic and less gamey, they are always designed to be ridiculous in Bond games. Side missions could include Baccarat and Poker, seducing and interrogating women and possible interrogations of henchmen, on foot chases, stealth sections, Hitman Blood Money type assassination missions and more. Give the game variety that feels authentic.

I'd want it to be third person, none of this FPS crap like 007 Legends and Goldeneye Reloaded (which are garbage by the way) and focus on making something that truly celebrates the character rather than only showing an understanding of Bond from the marketing side of things.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#10 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

First one is a action/rpg in the Harry Potter universe.

-

Second, Zombie Apocalypse survival. Fully constructible/destructible environments would allow you to build barricades and set traps. Your character would have to 'exercise' in order to be mobile. Limited amount of inventory, because everything affects your stamina. No health meter, stamina is where it's at. If you haven't been training, you are more susceptible to fatigue. This also makes your choice of weapons very important. Don't want anything too heavy. Real world time would add a little to the immersion. Time of year would also affect weather conditions. You lose stamina in the heat of a summers day a lot quicker than you would on a tepid autumn morning.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#11 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
you know, posting this exact same topic twice on the RPG Board doesn't make you popular.
MasterBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MasterBrief
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

I've had quite a few as well as just plain stories but some never get full finished, a bad habit of mine, but one idea I had that I'd like to see is a game that would be a survival horror game where you play a character among a group of survivors in this big complex with labs and such and a single creature gets loose and you get to pick which one at the start it's either smart, fast or strong and that plays in to its AI. It would have lots of mechanics like locking/barricading doors, hiding, vents all kinds of stuff and I was thinking 4 player coop as well as a player controlling the creature. We have a very distinct lack of games like this in the market and I think it would actually pretty enjoyable I know I enjoy horror games that are coop like in RE5 merc mode almost getting murdered by the reapers and always having to watch out for them. That was some fun, plus nothing beats genuine teamwork in a horror game.

AntJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AntJR
@Allicrombie: Im not trying to be "popular", Im creating discussion about ideas, I asked people there too becuase all my ideas are RPGs!
Avatar image for weirdonamedsock
weirdonamedsock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 weirdonamedsock
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I think a cool game would be one where your a little kid who goes through a whole fantasy world fighting monsters, getting past traps and such. you have a monster/teddy bear companion who helps you in your journey. the whole game is set in black and white (no grey-scale) except at the very end where you meet your mom in a super market and find out you were really blind and just facing the dangers of everyday life from new perspective.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#15 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Yes. A dinosaur hunter type of FPS game where you undertake missions with varying weapons that unlock as you progress. Obviously to include excellent graphics and story that's worth following. Jurassic Park meets Far Cry basically.

new_gamer244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 new_gamer244
Member since 2011 • 338 Posts

open world pokemon game....just like in the show.

and also a BIBLE game. it can be a stratagy game with israel and moses and etc, againt other people like amalek. and you will have god powers (like the black and white games)

new_gamer244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 new_gamer244
Member since 2011 • 338 Posts

also an open world "matrix" game like GTA....it will continue the story of the movies with new characters.

it can be perfect on next gen consoles

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
I made the mistake of telling people i was writing a book. And people made the mistake of congradulating me. And man it felt great ! Despite the fact I HADNT WRITTEN ANYTHING YET ! So lets see who actualy has actualy started their game ideas ? (. . . krickets chirping. . .) exactly this thread is a cheap thrill.
Avatar image for weirdonamedsock
weirdonamedsock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 weirdonamedsock
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Lulekani"]I made the mistake of telling people i was writing a book. And people made the mistake of congratulating me. And man it felt great ! Despite the fact I HADN'T WRITTEN ANYTHING YET ! So lets see who actually has actually started their game ideas ? (. . . crickets chirping. . .) exactly this thread is a cheap thrill.

actually I've been making models for mine and my brother is going to help me program it. it probably won't be that long but it's not the length that counts, it's the message.
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
[QUOTE="weirdonamedsock"][QUOTE="Lulekani"]I made the mistake of telling people i was writing a book. And people made the mistake of congratulating me. And man it felt great ! Despite the fact I HADN'T WRITTEN ANYTHING YET ! So lets see who actually has actually started their game ideas ? (. . . crickets chirping. . .) exactly this thread is a cheap thrill.

actually I've been making models for mine and my brother is going to help me program it. it probably won't be that long but it's not the length that counts, it's the message.

There You Go ! You just might get the industry out of its rutt. MAJOR RESPECT MAN !
Lyncaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lyncaster
Member since 2011 • 228 Posts

[QUOTE="Reptylus"]Only once I had an idea for a game. Basically I thought about how Assassin's Creed could work as a multiplayer game. One and a half year later someone at Ubisoft had the same idea, 90% identical to mine. Maroxad

I would orgasm at that games box o-o Maybe I'll buy Xcom :P