Do you think the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett would share their major games with the PS4 and Xbox One?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hd_hammah_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By hd_hammah_17
Member since 2019 • 32 Posts

Remember when the PS4 and Xbox One came out in 2013? Most of the major games that were coming out for them also had versions that came out on the PS3 and Xbox 360, including Grand Theft Auto V, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Advanced Warfare, & Black Ops III, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes & The Phantom Pain, Tomb Raider, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Battlefield 4, and Rayman Legends, among others. Game developers started canceling PS3 & Xbox 360 versions of their major games beginning in 2015; Call of Duty: Black Ops III is the last one I can recall.

Do you think this will also happen when the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett come out in 2020? Will we still be lucky enough to get PS4 and Xbox One versions of major games for 2 years after the next generation has started? If so, would you actually be happy about that; why or why not? If not, what made that work before, and why won't it happen again this time around?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I don't think so I think 360/PS3 held up this current gen slightly. I think both will move on quicker probably Xbox more than ps4 as they want to move on from this disastrous generation.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#4 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Maybe within the first year. Something like GTA V would definitely be available on the PS5 and Scarlett I'd imagine. Last of Us Part II as well.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

For the first year or 2 yeah, especially with the 3rd party multiplats. There is usually a transition period like that between gens.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

More than likely. Kinda depends on the situation though and what developers want to make though. If you can make a game for the PS5 / Xbox Scarlet, but it can easily be played on the stock PS4 / Xbox One with only minor graphical adjustments, then why not? You've just opened up yourself to the 15-35 million people who opted not to upgrade.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Publishers have realized that people will double and even triple dip when popular games are re-released (see GTAV, RDR2, TLoU), so I would not be shocked if the trend of cross-gen games increases instead of decreasing.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I think it will for the first year or 2

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Not for the PS4 if Sony really wants everyone to jump to the PS5.

Xbox yeah for the first couple of years like everyone else has said.