Do you get overwhelmed when you own lots of unbeaten games?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jordo321
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts

I've been feeling so overwhelmed with my PC gaming lately :(

Due to all the steam sales I've had all these games sitting around, and I can't bring myself to play them for more than 20 minutes at a time. At the same time, there's games that I still WANT to buy, but I feel bad doing so having all these unfinished games piling up.

I guess this is just a rant, but anybody else get easily overwhelmed? I don't know where the heck to start.

-The Witcher

-Stalker: SOC and clear sky

-Chronicles of Riddick

-Max Payne 1,2

-Call of Cthulhu

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

Absolutely. In fact, thank you for this thread because I really need to vent on this subject.

-Spidey: Web of Shadows

-Splinter Cell Conviction

-Upcoming Red Dead Redemption

-SSFIV

-Just Cause 2

-Mega Man 10

I'm going to trade in Just Cause 2 because of the sheer amount of games for me to beat. I've just been so freaking busy, I haven't had the time.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#3 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I have a few games sitting around that I haven't beaten. I keep telling myself that I need to get to them. I will at some point.

DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 DrFish62
Member since 2003 • 4973 Posts

I've collected over 1000 games in my 20+ years of playing video games. Most of them haven't been played once, let alone beaten. A lot of them simply can't be beaten (most puzzle games, for instance). But it does irk me when I don't have a chance to finish a game I've been waiting to play. I've had Bioshock 2 since it came out and I've only played for about 15 minutes. Then again, when I got Assassin's Creed II I pretty much played that straight through with every spare minute I had. I'm doing the same thing with Picross 3D right now. I'll get to Bioshock eventually, so it's not a huge deal :)

fubbal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 377

#5 fubbal
Member since 2008 • 460 Posts

Due to all the steam sales I've had all these games sitting around, and I can't bring myself to play them for more than 20 minutes at a time. At the same time, there's games that I still WANT to buy, but I feel bad doing so having all these unfinished games piling up.

I guess this is just a rant, but anybody else get easily overwhelmed? I don't know where the heck to start.

-The Witcher

-Chronicles of Riddick

-Max Payne 1,2

-Call of Cthulhu

Jordo321

LOL I thought only I did that and I'm not kidding.Yes I own like 7 games right now that I have not even gotten around to!

LordRork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 LordRork
Member since 2004 • 2692 Posts

I don't buy too many, so it's usually a case of getting bored with a game part of the way through. I'm near the end of both DA:O and Awakening...but haven't finished either. By comparison I finished ME2 twice, JC2 once and I've started a 2nd play through.

Perhaps I just need more big explosions.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Yes I do and I have a lot of games, and a good portion of them are unbeaten. This is especially true when a large flood of good games come out at once, or close to each other.

Avatar image for RandomWarrior69
RandomWarrior69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 RandomWarrior69
Member since 2007 • 1649 Posts
Yeah, I hate when that happens. I usually do get to beating them later on, but I usually have one or two left, and when I promise myself I'll beat those too, I end up buying a new game. Right now the only uncompleted games I have are : - New Super Mario Bros Wii - Pokemon Soul Silver - Prince of Persia ( Xbox 360) I just havn't had the time to beat those games yet, and I plan on buying Red Dead Redemption soon.
narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

i already learn my lesson so i get games one at the time and beat them before going to other and if the game suck i try to cheat or something to beat the game fast

acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 acsam12304
Member since 2005 • 3387 Posts

yeah i have a lot of unbeaten games. like Dead Space, STALKER, Chronicles of Riddick, Beyound good and evil, Bio Shock, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and Metro 2033. all for the PC and i think i got more, but i get new PC games all the time (thanks to STEAM sales they have and Amazon.com) i stop playing one game and jump to the next. i think i have about 15 unbeaten games

acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 acsam12304
Member since 2005 • 3387 Posts

I have a few games sitting around that I haven't beaten. I keep telling myself that I need to get to them. I will at some point.

MathMattS

lol u sound like me.

i went as far as to make a list of game i need to play theres a few PC games i bought but never played as well.

i tell me self i need to get to them sometime soon.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Not really, if any of them are unbeaten it's because of my lack of interest for the said game or I don't feel like going back to it to beat it at that particular moment.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Lately ive been trying to beat my games..Ive got a few sitting around..Some ive get bored with others just dont finish..Some ive played an half way in ill loose interest..Ive got over a 1000 games also an half are only beaten...

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Not really, I tend to beat them when I have a lazy summer vacation week. Prefferably it'll rain aswell just to make it cozy.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
I guess so, it doesn't bother me that much like it use to though.
jaqulle999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jaqulle999
Member since 2009 • 2897 Posts

I need to finish:

-Just Cause 2

-Fallout 3 (probably will never finish)

-get a finish READ DEAD REDEMPTION

-and maybe get skate 3

I think thats all i need to finish so far

SciFiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 SciFiCat
Member since 2006 • 1750 Posts
Just write the names of each games you have not finished yet on a piece of paper, mix them up and draw one at random and compromise yourself to finish it. Or do the high tech version of that same procedure by registering all your unfinished games in Backloggery.com
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Yes, but I have no one else to blame but myself. I just keep buying games. I think it's a problem...

I've been trying to rush through some games to dwindle my playlist down some, but it hasn't been going too well.

Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts

I only get worried if I haven't finished the single-player campaign :P Couldn't care less about the platinium trophy though (unlessI am like really really close to grabbing it):P

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

-The Witcher

-Chronicles of Riddick

-Max Payne 1,2

-Call of Cthulhu

Jordo321

It depends on the games, and the format. For example, if I have 30 DS games with me, I will have a hard time deciding which one to play and often times I will jump from game to game, resulting in not getting as focused as I should on given game.

Just remember that if you are buying good games, they'll get played. I find myself, this gen more than any other, playing games I missed from past gens that I never played/finished. So look on the bright side, I guess.

Personally, I like to have a few games to choose from at a given moment--something involved, something that can be played in quick bursts solo, and some form of multiplayer. Right now I've got motorstorm2, mgs4, and I'm about to go pick up SSF4 and 3D Dot Game Heroes.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Well, on Backloggery, I have 434 Xbox games listed, 313 of which have not yet even been beaten. The latest PC games I've gotten from Steam and GOG.com total 65, with 62 yet to play.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bb421ab1b937
deactivated-5bb421ab1b937

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 deactivated-5bb421ab1b937
Member since 2010 • 354 Posts

If I don't get stuck in the game and if its super intresting, I will play it through in almost one sitting.

I did that with MGS1, MGS2, MGS4, Portal and Dragon Age.

travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

Definitely. I have tons of Ps2 and Ps1 games I have not gotten around to finished and around 4 or 5 360 games.

Tanya_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Tanya_19
Member since 2009 • 396 Posts
absolutely. I have over 300 games in total [pc+ps3+ds+wii], And i have A LOT of games sitting for almost a year sience they came out. I just cant play them all [dont have time/have other games], someday ill play them all, im sure, but i think it will be in the far far future. But i really dont care, im playing what i like at the moment, and i like the idea that i have a lot more games to beat. I also buying xbox 360, and i dont know why, lol... So your not alone ! XD
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
Yeah, those PC digital distribution sales are just cutting through my free time. To make matters worse, I keep buying open-world games or RPGs... Then there's games from before that I never got around to finishing, like Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, where my savefile got corrupted and now I have to restart from the beginning. The worst part is that I got addicted to Monster Hunter, a game that can easily absorb hundreds of hours of your time. So the games keep piling up and I keep playing a game that doesn't really have an end. Smooth work, Long Zhizi.
Tanya_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tanya_19
Member since 2009 • 396 Posts
And i forgot to mention that im not rushing throuh games, i like to take my time when im playing even if it cost me with a lot of time, ill better not play it then just rush it just to "finish it already".
Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
Current back log is 37 games. Seems to bounce around 35-40.
shane_orija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shane_orija
Member since 2008 • 910 Posts
Dragon Age Borderlands Far Cry 2 Gears of War
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
OP You're lucky with just 5 games to beat, I have over 45 games yet to play, most of the mlong rpg's, it makes me restless sometimes. :S
Avatar image for Xenogears_Rocks
Xenogears_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Xenogears_Rocks
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

Sometimes and even a little more than ever now that i'm supposed to be getting married

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

No, I remain calm and finish themsoon or later.

Zerkrender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zerkrender
Member since 2007 • 633 Posts
I have ADHD very abdly, I do not finish most games I get. In fact, here is a complete list of games I did finish. F.E.A.R. on easy F.E.A.R. Extraction Point on easy Path of Neo on The One (hard) Devil Mary Cry on easy Auto and a bunch of movie games, most of which were beaten on easy And I have games you can't actually 'beat' just as fighters, Dynasty Warriors, etc. That's it. I really suck at games. :P
ZombieNoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 ZombieNoob
Member since 2009 • 385 Posts

No. Just enjoying in the games and one by one I complete them all

Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jordo321
OP You're lucky with just 5 games to beat, I have over 45 games yet to play, most of the mlong rpg's, it makes me restless sometimes. :SPetJel
It's actually 8 since a few of those are double games. But damn, I sure am glad it's not 45 LOL Stalker is the worst one for me to try and play, it feels like a long game and is hard to play for long periods of time.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 muthsera666
[QUOTE="PetJel"]OP You're lucky with just 5 games to beat, I have over 45 games yet to play, most of the mlong rpg's, it makes me restless sometimes. :SJordo321
It's actually 8 since a few of those are double games. But damn, I sure am glad it's not 45 LOL Stalker is the worst one for me to try and play, it feels like a long game and is hard to play for long periods of time.

Lightweights complaining about double digit backlogs, lol.
Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
Absolutely not. I don't view my gaming shelves as a "backlog" like so may people do. They make it sound like some kind of burden, a terrible thing that has to be worked on. But for me, gaming shouldn't be like work. To me, my many games represent great potential. I can sample a little of this, then move on to a little of that. It's a great "problem" to have. I love my backlog, just made it six games larger today. (thank the FSM for older used games)
Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jordo321
Absolutely not. I don't view my gaming shelves as a "backlog" like so may people do. They make it sound like some kind of burden, a terrible thing that has to be worked on. But for me, gaming shouldn't be like work. To me, my many games represent great potential. I can sample a little of this, then move on to a little of that. It's a great "problem" to have. I love my backlog, just made it six games larger today. (thank the FSM for older used games)SteveTabernacle
I envy you haha, The problem with me is, like you I do a bit at a time and keep switching between games. This is bad, because it breaks the interest/feeling a part of the story, as you forget what you may have done, why you're doing it, etc. Max Payne and Stalker are so annoying, because I totally forgot what the heck I just did, and the games are pretty long. Once I get this over with I've gotta go back to buying one game at a time, the weird part is, technically it should make absolutely no difference as you could just pretend you haven't got a certain game yet, but for me it always just works out better when I buy a game, complete every little piece of it and get as much as I can before moving on with no other games in the back of my mind. ARG!
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#38 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Yeah. I have more tgan 100 games I haven't finished. I just tend to clear them out after a while

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#39 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

I try not to get overwhelmed, I'll get to each game eventually. Just recently got caught up with all my Playstation 3 games; going to be moving on to the 360 next. Once Alan Wake comes out, I'll have five 360 games to complete and the plan is to play one after the other. After that I should have a nice collection of Wii games to finish and then after those are completed, it's on to the PC games. After that, I figure I'll have a bunch of unfinished PS3 and 360 games built up again; a never ending cycle.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#40 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Ofcourse, I remember back in Nov I had 5 games in my possesion. Dragon Age, Uncharted, Fallout 3:GOTY, BorderLands, and Demon's Souls O_o

ThaDenominator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ThaDenominator
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts
Yeah, I hate it. I'm not buying anymore games until Starcraft II comes out.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#42 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Nope, because when I start a game, I make sure I finish it before I play any other game

ND3Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ND3Elite
Member since 2010 • 50 Posts
No since all of the games I currently own have already been beaten numerous times and still play due to their replay value
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 muthsera666
Absolutely not. I don't view my gaming shelves as a "backlog" like so may people do. They make it sound like some kind of burden, a terrible thing that has to be worked on. But for me, gaming shouldn't be like work. To me, my many games represent great potential. I can sample a little of this, then move on to a little of that. It's a great "problem" to have. I love my backlog, just made it six games larger today. (thank the FSM for older used games)SteveTabernacle
Despite the manner in which most of us discuss it, having a backlog is far from a burden.
channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 channtheman1
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts
I love to buy games and then I don't get around to playing them. I didn't have money when the PS2 was in but now I've bought around 40 PS2 games with many of them never having never even been opened to make sure they work (used off of eBay). Now here's a sad story. I bought a Wii and when I bought it over the next 6 months I bought around 15 games. I never opened Trauma Center New Blood (you know, I had to buy both of them even though I never beat the first one). When I sold my Wii I realized I didn't even open that game and then there were 3 others i played a total of 5 minutes. Makes me sad that I don't play my games to completion since when I was little and only had money for a game a few times each year I would play a game so much I knew everything there was to know about it. :(
altax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 altax
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Overwhelmed for few games when i was doing my graduations. It is different sitting alone and completing a game. But now it is difficult to play a game sequentially. So sometimes i play online games and if i ever beat the score of the other person i would be really happy. I mainly play online games like zapak, miniclip, funmin.com etc. When many users play and looking at the score its really interesting.
E-123Wario54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 E-123Wario54
Member since 2010 • 1020 Posts

I've collected over 1000 games in my 20+ years of playing video games. Most of them haven't been played once, let alone beaten. A lot of them simply can't be beaten (most puzzle games, for instance). But it does irk me when I don't have a chance to finish a game I've been waiting to play. I've had Bioshock 2 since it came out and I've only played for about 15 minutes. Then again, when I got Assassin's Creed II I pretty much played that straight through with every spare minute I had. I'm doing the same thing with Picross 3D right now. I'll get to Bioshock eventually, so it's not a huge deal :)

DrFish62

I agree with you. Some games I finish straight-through, others take me a while. Games I need to finish:

• Bioshock (playing right now as shown by my psn card)
  • Jak and Daxter (I bought it for PS2 because it looked cheap, and I never even saw the title screen)
  • Spyro: A Hero's Tail
  • Pac-Man World 2
  • Final Fantasy XIII (a very amazing game, but also very challenging--im on chapter 9)
  • Sonic R
  • Dead Space
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Halo: Combat Evolved
  • Gears of War
  • Sly Cooper
  • Sly 2
  • Sly 3

And a bunch more that I can't think of right now, but I know I have a list somewhere...I just went on a billion video game shopping sprees last month. I mostly bought all of the cheap games, but I also got a a 360 that unfortunately hasn't been touched. Just look at my gamercard for the evidence. I think I only got a few achievements for finishing level 1 in Gears of War, and I think I also got a few in Left 4 Dead 2. But yeah, I have to actually start playing games instead of just buying them.

quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

This seems to be a recent trend especially in PC gaming, what with the Steam and D2D sales that happen very frequently, and let's not forget the huge digital distribution sales that rolled around during the holiday season. While I've managed to restrain myself from splurging in such events, I still have several games that I haven't much touched yet, but it's not overwhelming.

• World in Conflict + Soviet Assault
  • The Dark Eye: Drakensang
  • DiRT
  • Mass Effect
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2 (honestly I just don't feel like playing this)
  • World of Warcraft (STILL haven't made it to 80 with my first character yet and I've been playing on and off for several years)
ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts
Found this and this reply is a year late but.... I recently formatted my PS3 felt like i needed a fresh start so now I have all these games to finish up again. Infamous LBP 1 & 2 Assassins Creed,Assassins Creed 2 & Brotherhood (Revelations once my pre-order comes in) God Of War 3 GTA IV Dante's Inferno Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 & 2 And so far I have completed with 100% Completion Uncharted 1,2 & 3 So right now I am feeling pretty overwhelmed I feel like I am going to have to finish all those before I touch Revelations I better get back to gaming. And on top of all this I got a 3 month RuneScape Membership from my uncle. (I know its RuneScape but I enjoy it lol)
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178850 Posts
Nope. I bounce around between games playing what I feel like. I finish some....others not. But it doesn't bother me.