LuzerGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By LuzerGS
Member since 2013 • 33 Posts

Cheats, exploits, glitchploits, trainers, hacks, bots and all their merry kin are friends with me.

Using these things adds a whole new level of fun and excitement to the games I play. I mean, we all play as the hero in our games and the world/villagers/kingdom/country/team/squad etc all want and need a hero: so why not give them a hero to end all heroes - one that cannot die, has an unlimited arsenal and has the ability to destroy entire planets just by taking a breath...plus he has tonnes of cash money bling buh blings and ching chuh chings and is also super handsome and popular with the ladies!

Sounds pretty rad huh? Well guess what that's friggin' ME in every game!

U jelly?

...of course you are. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#53 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Do I cheat in games? Only until my wife caught me doing it...

But seriously, no, not really. I will, however, use unlockables on my second playthrough, since it's fun to, for example, play RE4 with infinite ammo after I grinded to unlock it, but that's not really cheating. If I'm interested in collectibles and I miss some on my first playthrough I also have no problem in using a walkthrough on my second time around.

Only times I actively use cheats (trainers) is if a new game in the series comes out and I somehow lost the save game from the previous game and I can't wait to try the new one out. Did invincibility/1 hit kill on games like The Witcher and Dragon Age Origins, since they're way too long to just sit down and play through the whole thing in an afternoon and since I had already completed both games several times I didn't really see it as a bad thing to just burn through them and get my save files back.

play_ggames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By play_ggames
Member since 2015 • 38 Posts
@Cloud_imperium said:

No way. Cheats kill fun and challenge of the game.

Exactly! I agree with you.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

In single player games, mainly RPG's, I'll use time saving glitches to cut down on boring grind time like the item dupe glitch in Dragon Age games or the Dawnstar invisible chest in Skyrim. I like to spend more time kicking ass or getting my ass kicked and less time, farming for random loot drops.

Bullshit glitches like using a plate to run through a wall or dropping through a floor to cut time on completing a quest, mostly used in speedrun playthroughs are not my cup of tea. I don't view exploits that as 'cheating' since it's a single player game, meaning you can play however you want. Certain glitches like the item dupe glitch I mentioned, I think were intentionally left in the game since it's been present in all Dragon Age games.

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#56 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

When I was a kid, I used to use cheat codes in videogames like GTA: San Andreas and other gta games but I'm still using them except if finishing the game. Currently, I use cheats through trainers in Devil May Cry 3. Forgive me. It's really tough on PC.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

After a initial playthrough I'd use the cheat codes for amusement.

Such as trying to play through GTA : San Andreas with not only "armed pedestrians" cheat on but also the one where they went berserk on your and each other.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#58 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

I remember using cheat during the NES and SNES days or with Warcraft/Star Carft but those are a long time ago. They don't put cheat code in games anymore ( anyone from the 80's remember the Konami cheat code ) and it was epic.

During the PS1 and PS2 days you could unlock stuff that would alter the game like in GOW or in games like Unreal. Now with DLC and all that stuff you don't have anything to unlock in games. well ... in a way you unlock trophies/acheivements

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11694 Posts

@rockfield said:

When I was a kid, I used to use cheat codes in videogames like GTA: San Andreas and other gta games but I'm still using them except if finishing the game. Currently, I use cheats through trainers in Devil May Cry 3. Forgive me. It's really tough on PC.

Still bumping ancient threads for no reason I see. . .

Couldn't you just make a new thread of the topic?

And DMC3 isn't hard on P.C.

The game was always somewhat challenging, but you're actually playing an easier version of the PS2 original. The special edition was tweaked to be an overall easier game to its original release. And from my knowledge the original European version was even harder due to a code error that put Normal mode or Hard.

*For the purpose of being on topic (in a thread that's over two years old) I sometimes use exploits if I find them myself in games, but cheats is a thing I don't use. From retro games and in most modern games once I've unlocked the unlimited Rocket Launcher, Super punch, or Magnum, I'm more likely to delete my save-data or start a fresh file. Actual codes I'm less familiar with, it was a concept before my time.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

I did cheat once back in 2005 in the game enter the matrix where i had the option of using cheat codes though there remained no challenge...

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#62 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Nope I have never cheated in games nor have I cheated on my wife.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#63 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34791 Posts

Not since I was a child. Now it's more enjoyable to me to play the game as intended. If I replay a game, I do it on a higher difficulty rather than using cheats.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14831 Posts

@sukraj said:

Nope I have never cheated in games nor have I cheated on my wife.

That's not suspicious at all....

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58534 Posts

only way I could make it through XCOM 2 is by turning off the doomsday clock by editing the .ini file. Same with Warhammer: Total War, I had to get some mods that weakened the Chaos Armies because they would just wreck me when they came around.

so yes, I cheat...but only when necessary.

You'd be surprised how fast I can hit "~" and type in "godmode" when my health drops to ten and I just remembered I forgot to save for like 20 minutes because I was too involved with the game (though, to be fair, with the way autosaves are these days that's not much of an issue)

Alexander4552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 Alexander4552
Member since 2012 • 147 Posts

I usually use the console commands while taking screenshots, but i don't see it as cheating in the game.

besides, it's my experience that is altered if i use cheat in singleplayer games

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#67 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@indzman:

I used to cheat in the 360/ps3 days. But only with games like Saints Row 2 and GTA IV.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#68 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

The last time I 'cheated' in a video game was in GTAIII and those were the fun cheats that causes pedestrian riots and so on. I didn't cheat during the missions.

Never cheated during a MP game in my life.

rakisseia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69 rakisseia
Member since 2017 • 17 Posts

No.. i don't have cheats

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

I love the cheats in MW4...slow mo and unlimited bullets made me look like Neo in The Matrix.

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

I actually can't remember the last time I've cheated in a game.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Back in the old days everyone used cheat codes, because games weren't serious entertainment or anything. On Commodore 64 to Ps1 era, I mean.

When games became more adult and involving, most people stopped using cheats. Including me. I would still use cheats on PS1 era games and older, mind.

Madskillz999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#73 Madskillz999
Member since 2005 • 12920 Posts

I do with my PC games I don't feel like grinding away with them