indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

After beating game and unlocking cheats section, i love replaying the story mode with unlimited ammo or unlimited magic costume ( Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Unchartered, God of War, Devil May Cry, Jak, Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary ETC ).

wbu guys? :)

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@indzman said:

After beating game and unlocking cheats section, i love replaying the story mode with unlimited ammo or unlimited magic costume ( Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Unchartered, God of War, Devil May Cry, Jak, Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary ETC ).

At first, by your topic tittle I thought you where talking about online MP and in that case "no"! But I don't consider using unlocks cheating if you earn them in a game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56227 Posts

Well when it comes to single player only, I tend to find cheat codes but cheat codes are often now call Microtransactions which I hate Microtransactions but anyways, GTA games still has cheat codes so I always use them whenever available and besides, GTA is all about having fun with using cheat codes and it's not GTA without the cheats.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 indzman

@MarcRecon said:

@indzman said:

At first, by your topic tittle I thought you where talking about online MP and in that case "no"! But I don't consider using unlocks cheating if you earn them in a game.

lol, np :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By indzman

@davillain- said:

Well when it comes to single player only, I tend to find cheat codes but cheat codes are often now call Microtransactions which I hate Microtransactions but anyways, GTA games still has cheat codes so I always use them whenever available and besides, GTA is all about having fun with using cheat codes and it's not GTA without the cheats.

I wanted to use the cheats in GTA IV or V , but they don't let me earn trophies or save the game. Same goes for other rockstar games as RDR :(

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

No! It's unethical for me....i'm damn fussy about using cheat codes in games and who ever does that doesn't have the heart of a true gamer IMO ...except u indzman.... i shall forgive u :P

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By indzman

@mjorh said:

No! It's unethical for me....i'm damn fussy about using cheat codes in games and who ever does that doesn't have the heart of a true gamer IMO ...except u indzman.... i shall forgive u :P

LOL

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#8 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I used to, but to me they kinda kill the fun of beating a game the normal way. Idk, I'm just the kind of person who wants to have a challenge.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Cheat ? Nope.... exploit ? Yes.... Each chance I get.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

In SP games I might :) not on the first playthrough, but after that I might. Depends if the game holds enough to make it worth it to go through it for the giggles of cheats.

If IT is really good SP game I will never cheat though. So if it is too bad, no, if it is a good game, yes, if it is a brilliant game no.

Never cheat in Coop and never cheat in mp.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21702 Posts

Not like since the 90's.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44313 Posts

If they're in-game unlocks or codes I'll mess around with them a little bit after I've already played through the game proper but outside of that, no.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Cheats made San Andreas even better.

I wish more games these days still had "silly" cheats like altering the gravity and crazy modifiers.

As for cheating in multiplayer games, lol no. I've often taken advantage of map architecture exploits in Source games (especially Day of Defeat Source) and the original Call of Duty... but never created an unfair advantage.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#14 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

you see , I play video games for fun , if cheating causes more fun in the game , then yes I do . but sometimes when it ruins all the fun then I won't do it .

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#15 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@indzman: nah, i don't cheat

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By indzman

@Lulu_Lulu said:

What you mean Lulu_Lulu ???

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@indzman said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Taking advantage of glitches and design errors I assume. Something anyone can do, but is usually outside "accepted" behaviour.

Like walking on visibly impossible platforms in a Source game.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

Yes I do,and I used to love how these things worked back in the Fifth and Sixth gen...of course,they are always a disadvantage to start out with,but right after I dealt with the storyline of a certain game..I would do these just for the hell of it.

EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts

I used to do it all the time, started when I was a young kid and since I never tried without I never stopped until I got Stalker: Call of Pripyat. I was planning to mess with the game files to give me invulnerability but started messing about without cheats and came to an epiphany that it was actually a lot more fun without. Since then I've never used cheats, except when really stuck.

Strangely though I remember I used to play wolfenstein: enemy territory (a multiplayer game) and didn't mind that I was constantly getting killed in that yet it didn't dissuade me from using cheats in single player games.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By indzman

@foxhound_fox said:

@indzman said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Taking advantage of glitches and design errors I assume. Something anyone can do, but is usually outside "accepted" behaviour.

Like walking on visibly impossible platforms in a Source game.

Oh.

I also take advantage of such exploits then. Say in Mass Effect 2 on insanity difficulty you can snipe two very formidable enemies without even entering battle ground to make things easier for you. Or cheap throw a difficult enemy off a cliff ( Souls games ).

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I did it a bit in gen 6, but it kinda ruined the games for me.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#22 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

i cheat a ton in games... it makes them a lot of fun sometimes. Cheat Engine is probably the best program to use since it works on almost any game unless the game uses strange memory allocation. Half the fun is messing around with game values and seeing what crazy stuff may happen, or if it'll crash the game, which it does often if you put in values which are crazy.

Sometimes though its better not to cheat and play the game the way it was made to have the most fun in it... but sometimes cheating can unlock things you wouldn't normally experience so that can be rewarding. I rarely will play a game 3-4 times through to play a different stat build or something, so using cheats to unlock everything will let me experience it all instead of wasting time replaying something again.

Even before using Cheat Engine, i used a cheat program in the early 90s called Infinity Machine, it worked on my old dos games, and Cheat Engine works exactly the same way as it did.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulu_Lulu

@indzman:

The Souls games are nothing but Exploits....

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By aretilda
Member since 2014 • 499 Posts

No never. I get really bored with the game if I use a cheat. The only time I'll ever use one is if I run into an impossibly hard level I can't complete after countless attempts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25  Edited By deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

I do find myself occasionally using a cheat code or looking online for a map. But, this is specifically towards SNES, and N64 games. I don't use cheat codes for newer generation games. Developers make the new gen games too easy to have to use any cheat codes.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Using a cheat for fun after beating the game is great, but I have nothing but contempt for people who cheat at videogames on a proper playthrough. I was talking to a guy who "beat" Serious Sam 3 on Serious difficulty and I asked him "how about that death canyon level huh?" and he said "oh I skipped that one with a glitch, I still got the achievement though"

Man wtf, get out of my face D:<

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 indzman

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@indzman:

The Souls games are nothing but Exploits....

Very True :)

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@indzman said:

I never cheat in any game if i can't beat it first.

Once its beat though i can if i really enjoyed it go back and beat it again and use cheats or trainers. After all some of those are quite fun and add to the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#29 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

What I do nowadays is to you save editor in games that I don't feel like grinding ( all of them since I hate grinding) to max out my stats and items. It tend to happen after I finish the game at least once.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Smashbrossive50
@indzman said:

I wanted to use the cheats in GTA V, but it doesn't let me earn trophies or save the game.

that's not true. My friend once told me the other day that.. cheating in GTA V is a special case. he said to me.." Only in one session you won't earn either a trophy or achievement,but that doesn't mean you cannot save your game anywhere you are right now."

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jacanuk

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Exploit - Cheat same thing.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 indzman

@Smashbrossive50 said:
@indzman said:

I wanted to use the cheats in GTA V, but it doesn't let me earn trophies or save the game.

that's not true. My friend once told me the other day that.. cheating in GTA V is a special case. he said to me.." Only in one session you won't earn either a trophy or achievement,but that doesn't mean you cannot save your game anywhere you are right now."

Maybe they patched it, i'll try again. Thanks :)

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Smashbrossive50

@indzman: might as well pay attention to the top left corner of the screen,what does it say right after you input the first cheat in the session?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I use trainers.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By indzman

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@indzman: might as well pay attention to the top left corner of the screen,what does it say right after you input the first cheat in the session?

Haven't played GTA V (PS 3 v) in some time now, but i remember it was mentioned acheivements disabled if one uses cheats, so i'll try it out again with cheats this time as you saying i can save. I earned nearly most of the acheivements in GTA V already, won't harm if i don't earn anymore :)

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Smashbrossive50

@indzman: looks like you're gonna get yourself a Platinum,have you ever tried an older GTA title?(not IV of course).... I have.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By indzman

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@indzman: looks like you're gonna get yourself a Platinum,have you ever tried an older GTA title?(not IV of course).... I have.

Yep, GTA 3, GTA Vice City , GTA San Andreas , GTA Episodes from liberty city, GTA Liberty City Stories, GTA Vice city stories. Played em all with cheats on , during PS 2 days there was no hassle of games not saving if one used cheats or trophies :)

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Smashbrossive50

@indzman: these games lived its life way before there were social gaming tools.I value SA more than the others,especially it's on PC for its legendary coding

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 indzman

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@indzman: these games lived its life way before there were social gaming tools.I value SA more than the others,especially it's on PC for its legendary coding

LOVE GTA. Yup i've GTA SA on PC too, its fvcking awesome and my most fav GTA of all time also lol.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Only games I've ever actively cheated in were Pokemon red and blue as well as the GTA series. I like the idea of being able to do stuff on my own, generally things won after a play through I wouldn't consider cheating though unless you consider the headband from MGS1.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#41 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

No way. Cheats kill fun and challenge of the game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk:

Yep.... pretty much.... actually I think exploitation is much worse.

Cheddarchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 105

#43 Cheddarchet
Member since 2006 • 375 Posts

I definitely cheated on some of the older Pokemon games when I got an Action Replay. I think it screwed up my Ruby version at some point though. Aside from that, nothing really comes to mind, and now I think I appreciate the challenge of a game much more than I did when I was younger.

Also I didn't realize you could catch legendaries without a master ball when I was little, so there was that.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#44 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

Only after the first playthrough

Nick_St88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nick_St88
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

To be honest i hate cheating on games! But i think it's not something bad after the first playthrough. For example in Assassin's Creed II i was looking for unlimited money after the first playthrough to finish it for a second time! In online games i hate cheaters and i can't accept the excuse ''for fun''!

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jacanuk

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jacanuk:

Yep i agree.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#47 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Some games like Streets of Rage 2 and The Combatribes require me to cheat to unlock the hardest difficulty settings. But for the most part, I beat games fair. I use cheats for fun.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jacanuk:

Yep i agree.

Well if you've already beat the game, playing it again with cheats can be pretty fun and gives you another reason to play the game again.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Nope, I don't use cheats nowadays.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

I'll be as thorough as I can during the first playthrough, but if I've missed any collectibles or whatever I'll look that stuff up for my second playthrough, which can be considered cheating. I'm not going to lie about that, though. I just want to make sure I've seen everything in the game. That's more important to me than finding it myself. In certain parts of Super Meat Boy I checked a guide on how to do certain levels. I felt disappointed, but after trying a level for days it stops being fun (and it was still hard to do after looking at a gameplay video). But again, if someone asks, I won't lie about having used a guide. I still remember using a guide for beating MOHAA on the hardest difficulty level. I just couldn't get from the bunker entrance to the train (the very last bit of the game). At some point I just wanted to get it over it. It wasn't fun anymore and the gratification of doing it by yourself wasn't going to trump the frustration of continuously repeating that section. My pride has its limits, especially when it's just about a videogame.

I haven't used actual cheat codes since I was a kid.