Do we really need so many Multiplayer Games ?

• 92 results
sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By sabretooth2066

Poll Do we really need so many Multiplayer Games ? (54 votes)

There are already enough Multiplayer-Titles, i can live without them as well. 72%
Multiplayer-Games Forever! 35%

i never understand there are so many (way too many in my opinion) multiplayer games out there and still so many people playing even more than one of them at the same time probably not even progressing any further in any of them because they dont even have the time for it

and thats the thing, most of those multiplayer titles actually make more sense when playing and conentrate on them for a serious couple of weeks/months for the sake of bringing the character further in the game (upgrading, gaming-points, exp-points, etc.) and becoming better....as if the same thing cant be done with every offline singleplayer game, so again i ask myself if we really need so many of those multiplayer titles as we have today

i also dont like the thought of being unable to play any kind of multiplayer game when either there arent any other players around (there actually are some indie-multiplayer-titles having that problem!) or....what happens sooner or later...the studio behind it closes down the servers for any kind of reason.

i just dont hope all this multi-$hit will not be a comon thing in the future while singleplayer games are rare, happily there are sill enough offline-single-player games out there today

• 
mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#1 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

It's the increasing focus on social interaction in games that's making multiplayer even more popular than ever. I'd prefer a friendly environment over a competitive one, but everybody has their preferences. I love single player games, but I'm not opposed to playing a multiplayer game at all as long as it appeals to me.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#2 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Its relative easy no matter what i think if they sell there is a need for them. and unfortunately multiplayer games do sell.

My own opinion is that they shouldn´t forget us who couldn't give a crap about multiplayer and actually wants to play a game when i want to play a game and not have to choose to either play with 12 year old kids who still hasn't hit puberty and sounds like girls while cursing as they were a 70 year old sailor just in on shore leave or wait until friends who have their own life and families can take the time to also play.

So ya im pretty sick of multiplayer and hope the trend would go away.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I don't know... I vote with my wallet and my money didn't go to any Multiplayer Games... Atleast not Online ones.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4  Edited By CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Short answer: No

Long answer:

http://img.pandawhale.com/100953-Michael-Scott-NO-gif-Imgur-C7Xd.gif

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 10438 Posts

it feels like publishers are more and more trying to chase the after-purchase market of add-ons, maps and micro transactions these days which are almost always multiplayer-centric. as ive got older mp appeals less and less to me and annoyingly it feels like truly good single player games are gettin increasingly rarer. i'd rather see an increase in local co-op games tbh

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sabretooth2066
Member since 2013 • 402 Posts

another problem i have with many multiplayer games, especially shooters, is the kind of brainless, simple-minded gameplay players often fall back to, i mean you can add a $hitload of high-tech gadgets, weapons, vehicles, frigging flags and/or mission-objectives, but mostly it all comes down to a massive amount of bunnyhoping idiots trying to shoot each others fast as possible.

when i remember back to the days i played BATTLEFIELD 2 (shit thats the last time i played a multiplayer game!), i remember the most boring thing to do was just running or driving around shooting and get shot (which too many gamers actually do) while i had the most fun with sneaking into enemy-bases and laying mines underneath cars or shooting people right at their spawn-points next to being a sniper, but even that got boring too fast and i was happy again to just play another single-player game with straight missions and an actual end where i know once reached its time to move on to the next game instead of playing BATTLEFIELD 2 for years like some guys obviously do...or bunnyhop around until i get this or that friggin badge/upgrade

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Being a bunnyhopping idiot trying to shoot another as fast as you can is fun, and the more you can shoot before being shot is even more fun.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#8 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Depends, do we really need so many Single Player-only games?

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sabretooth2066

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Depends, do we really need so many Single Player-only games?

thats not the question here

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Maybe if you sucked less you wouldn't so be afraid of them. lol

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sabretooth2066

@Bigboi500 said:

i know youre very angry about me calling you "dribblechin" after i made fun of your avatar turning into the WIIU logo, but your sentence makes absolutely no sense:

1.) Who sucks at what ?

2.) Afraid ? Afraid of what ? I dont remember anyone in here ever saying to be afraid of anything.

3.) Your avatar becomes extremely childish once it turns into the WIIU logo

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

It adds replay value to a game. If the single-player is good, there's no reason why there shouldn't also be multiplayer tacked on. Each to their own.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sabretooth2066

@ianhh6 said:

It adds replay value to a game. If the single-player is good, there's no reason why there shouldn't also be multiplayer tacked on. Each to their own.

i dont see much replay value with hysterically bunnyhopping like crazy all over the place and shooting targets like moorhuhns

but i see much replay value with single-player modes giving several difficulty levels, achievments, alternate story-endings and several different ways to play through

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bigboi500

@sabretooth2066 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

i know youre very angry about me calling you "dribblechin" after i made fun of your avatar turning into the WIIU logo, but your sentence makes absolutely no sense:

1.) Who sucks at what ?

2.) Afraid ? Afraid of what ? I dont remember anyone in here ever saying to be afraid of anything.

You're an awful troll. You should go post in system wars.

English isn't your first language, is it?

Maybe this can help.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Catalli  Moderator

@sabretooth2066 said:

@ianhh6 said:

i dont see much replay value with hysterically bunnyhopping like crazy all over the place and shooting targets like moorhuhns

but i see much replay value with single-player modes giving several difficulty levels, achievments, alternate story-endings and several different ways to play through

Well I'm not a fan of COD or Battlefield either, if that's your issue. Still, multiplayer can be great; usually playing against other real players is the hard mode you're looking for. Look at MK8 or Dark Souls. Besides competing against others and trying to surpass ourselves and them is just natural, it's the same reason we compare our exam results with others in school.

Personally I don't care for achievements, though I do care for alternate endings... but then I'm only interested in the endings, not the entire game again.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

No we just need quality ones like Battlefied

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sabretooth2066

@Bigboi500 said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

1.) Who sucks at what ?

You're an awful troll. You should go post in system wars.

English isn't your first language, is it?

Maybe this can help.

1.) Are there even such things as "awful" trolls ?

2.) If iam supposed to post in system wars id be the one totally freaking out over someone making fun of my WIIU avatar...if id use one.

3.) No, german is my 1st language

4.) You have 2 options to make people take you more serious, either edit out the WiiU logo from your avatar or change your nickname into "Toddler500", but "Bigboi500" and this WiiU logo makes the users here laugh hysterically

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#18 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

Not sure I'd be calling Battlefield "quality" these days.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bigboi500

@sabretooth2066: Why are you so insecure about things that you perceive as not "manly" ? Small penis? Napoleon complex?

Guys (?) like you who act tough on the internet are always inferior individuals in the real world, or you wouldn't behave this way. Anonymously attacking people you don't know while cowering behind your computer screen.

Don't be afraid. Step out in to the real world and try to connect with people. You might meet someone who likes you for you, so you can stop playing the internet tough guy role for attention. Good luck mate.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sabretooth2066

@Bigboi500 said:

@sabretooth2066: Why are you so insecure about things that you perceive as not "manly" ? Small penis? Napoleon complex?

Guys (?) like you who act tough on the internet are always inferior individuals in the real world, or you wouldn't behave this way. Anonymously attacking people you don't know while cowering behind your computer screen.

Don't be afraid. Step out in to the real world and try to connect with people. You might meet someone who likes you for you, so you can stop playing the internet tough guy role for attention. Good luck mate.

you are completely deranged

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Says the guy with no friends. :P

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sabretooth2066

@TheHighWind said:

Says the guy with no friends. :P

Bigboi500 has no friends ? No wonder...

..if id own a WiiU id have no friends either.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@marcheegsr said:

So what would you call quality then?

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24  Edited By ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

Nothing wrong adding a multiplayer game to a game, why do even people think that is a negative thing when you get more bang out of your buck after you finish the singleplayer? I do hope there will come out a AAA multiplayer shooter that is way more sophisticated than the shooters we usually see today though, mp games back in the days like Socom 2 was way more sophisticated and had more depth to the gameplay than multiplayer shooters you see today.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sabretooth2066

@marcheegsr said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@marcheegsr said:

So what would you call quality then?

i aint sure if theres even quality among first person shooter mp titles at all because...lets be honest...you can wrap em into all kinds of high-tech gadgets or kewl new stuff like jetpacks or boost-jump-boots....at the end theyre all a bunnyhopping-fest with moorhuhn-shooting tactics where people pretend its innovative and fun to capture one frigging goddamn flag after another

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bigboi500
@speedfreak48t5p said:

@marcheegsr said:

Why? Admittedly I've only played BF4 but I think it's great.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I see a lot of great single-player games available unless you're talking about games that have both. In that case I say that I really enjoy having both in my games. Mass Effect 3 was a terrific single-player game with a great mp addition that was highly enjoyable and lots of fun. The Call of Duty games have very exciting and enjoyable sp campaigns albeit a bit short and have fantastic mp modes. Halo and Gears of War are excellent with both sp and mp. Personally I enjoy both aspects a lot and like it when devs try new things by putting mp modes that one might not expect to have mp.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sabretooth2066

not to get confused...i am talking about pure multiplayer titles, games focusing on multiplayer but still giving at least SOME decent single player campaign (battlefield 3 etc.) are still o.k. in my opinion.

what we really dont need are those pure multiplayer titles where once the devs shut down the servers or nobody is here and nothing left to play, you must dump the whole game for which you actually paid and that leads me to another negative aspect of those pure multiplayer games:

sometimes i like to play older/old classic games, but you can fire and forget older multiplayer titles coz either they already shut down the servers long ago or nobody is here to play with you coz youre currently the only one sad fu** willing to play that game

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@ianhh6 said:

If the single-player is good, there's no reason why there should also be tacked on mp.

Fixed.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

More of any kind of game is more options and more options is always better. Any thinking otherwise is just Hitler logic.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

In Socom 2 for instance you had a few but really good gamemodes and one of them was this game mode called extraction, you had to keep these VIP's alive at all cost and bring them safe from point A to point B with a squad of 8 players vs 8 other online players who's objective was to kill us or all of the VIP's or vise versa depending on what side of the team. I wish some developers would make that sort of a game with todays graphics in a sophisticated and believable matter.

It seems developers are nerfing everything down these days to a point where even an 8 year old kid could easely get into the game just because the gaming companys wants to sell as many copys of the game and appeal to as many people as possible.

Im glad there are still gaming companys out there though that push for inovation and intuitivity and in this massive gaming market that we see today which has never been bigger by the way, there will allways be room for all sorts of games.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@PimpHand_Gamer

Hitler wasn't that bad.... :(

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Y'all are playing the wrong kind of multiplayer games.

Fighting games, Civilization, Starcraft, Dota 2, League of Legends, WoW, FFXIV, CS GO and more offer more variety, content, depth and replayability than 99% of the garbage single-player games that release today.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sabretooth2066

@commonfate said:

Fighting games, Civilization, Starcraft, Dota 2, League of Legends, WoW, FFXIV, CS GO and more offer more variety, content, depth and replayability than 99% of the garbage single-player games that release today.

Youre playing the wrong kind of single-player games.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Catalli  Moderator

@bussinrounds said:

@ianhh6 said:

If the single-player is good, there's no reason why there should also be tacked on mp.

Fixed.

Why? MP just adds options to games, it doesn't do any harm if the single-player is good. I had plenty of fun with the Last of Us mp even though the single-player was amazing.

Is it nostalgia? Do you people hate new things and want everything to be like it was in 2002? I don't get it

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#36 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

meh, i don't really care about them

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Don't forget, there are more mutliplayer games that exist then just CoD and Battlefield 3 and 4.

vicky_john1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 vicky_john1
Member since 2014 • 230 Posts

Multiplayer games are always fun to play than single player mode.. so i cant live without it..

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

I don't like the trend either but it is what it is. Nowadays people expect to get a kzillion hours out of a game or they won't buy it. I don't know where they get the time to play so many games for so long. I sure don't have that much time. But companies are forced into the choice of spending a fortune on making their single player campaigns go on forever or extending playtime with an online multiplayer mode. Usually online multiplayer is the cheaper and easier option. I'm not into the multiplayer thing, like old-school type games where the campaign is the focus and I don't think that everything has to be the size of Skyrim to be worthy of a purchase.Yeah, 6-8 hours is too short but 12-15 is fine with me for most kinds of games. RPGs need to be longer than that though, but not necessarily Skyrim-long.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Multiplayer matters , i love playing Battlefield series, but the thing is there is not enough attention toward single player and campaign anymore....you can barely find titles with good story and this is just utterly frustrating...

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mjorh

@commonfate said:

Addictive titles , 12years olds all over the place....there's no "depth" in these titles man ...

Depth lies in storytelling , lies in narrative ...these titles are just a delusion of "depth" !

Multiplayer is all about fun , that's all. Titles which u can play in summer where there's no meaningful title to play ....

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

@jimmy_russell said:

It's never as fun playing by yourself. Single-player games had their time in the 80's, but when the 90's came to an end, the Internet was being utilized to deliver a more social gaming experience that offers emergent gameplay.

That is a matter of opinion. Competitive multiplayer sucks for a multitude of reasons: For one thing who has as much time to get decent at the games as 12 yo's and man-children who live off their parents' forever? Then there's all the cheaters and griefers that ruin the game. There's the kids that never shut up. And most competitive multiplayer is the same thing, just running around shooting each other. Gets old pretty fast. Like someone else in this thread said competitive multiplayer often lacks depth.

And coop sucks cuz every ounce of challenge is removed. Everybody has to die at the same time to actually die so it's like playing with a God code. When there's no challenge it's not a game anymore, is just pushing buttons. To me if you're gonna "play" a game this way you're just as well off to watch the game being played on Youtube.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sabretooth2066

theres nothing better than a challenging single-player campaign with several difficulty levels, achievments and multiple ways of playing through it and/or ending the game

multiplayer is always reduced to just being the winner...just having more than the other players...having more kills, more badges, more flags, more upgrades, and better as fast as possible so its always a kind of rushed gameplay and thats just not much fun in my opinion...at least not fun for more than a few weeks til i have absolutely enough from all those stressed bunnies hopping all over the screen

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 commonfate

@mjorh said:

@commonfate said:

Addictive titles , 12years olds all over the place....there's no "depth" in these titles man ...

Depth lies in storytelling , lies in narrative ...these titles are just a delusion of "depth" !

Multiplayer is all about fun , that's all. Titles which u can play in summer where there's no meaningful title to play ....

Please tell me to what extent you have played which titles I have listed, those that you claim have no depth. Everyone has their preferences and I dig that but to be so blatantly incorrect, I am quite amused to say the least.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 commonfate

@sabretooth2066 said:

@commonfate said:

I am? I tend to play lots of RPG (of all variances), Strategy, Nintendo games, action/adventure, hack & slash, hell pretty much everything but annual sports titles and tend to avoid the yearly rehashes.

What single-player games can you list that have both the complexity and demand for mechanics like the ones I have listed. Genuinely curious mate.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sabretooth2066

@commonfate said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@commonfate said:

I am? I tend to play lots of RPG (of all variances), Strategy, Nintendo games, action/adventure, hack & slash, hell pretty much everything but annual sports titles and tend to avoid the yearly rehashes.

What single-player games can you list that have both the complexity and demand for mechanics like the ones I have listed. Genuinely curious mate.

you want me to make a goddamn list for you ? i am not your friggin waterboy

so let me get that right....first of all you come here saying 99% of all single-player games these days are garbage, then you say "everyone has their preferences" (so its not a fact but only YOUR opinion that 99% of the sp games are garbage) and now you demand a friggin list of those single-player games you think have both the complexity and demand for mechanics the same as your preferred multiplayer games ?

when you say "everyone has their preferences" then just accept the fact that currently more users here prefer single player over multiplayer and live with it as well we live with multiplayer focused guys like you are....but wait wait....you arent even multiplayer focused....you also claim you "play pretty much everything but annual sports titles"....didnt you just claim 99% of all single player games are garbage ? wtf?

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 commonfate

@sabretooth2066 said:

@commonfate said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@commonfate said:

so let me get that right....first of all you come here saying 99% of all single-player games these days are garbage, then you say "everyone has their preferences" (so its not a fact but only YOUR opinion that 99% of the sp games are garbage) and now you demand a friggin list of those single-player games you think have both the complexity and demand for mechanics the same as your preferred multiplayer games ?

when you say "everyone has their preferences" then just accept the fact that currently more users here prefer single player over multiplayer and live with it as well we live with multiplayer focused guys like you are....but wait wait....you arent even multiplayer focused....you also claim you "play pretty much everything but annual sports titles"....didnt you just claim 99% of all single player games are garbage ? wtf?

First off bro, let's take a breather. I'm not here to insult you or w/e, we can talk this in a civilized manner befitting this forum or not at all. Your call.

Second off, what I used was called exaggeration. I should have been more clear regarding my haphazardly thrown out statement regarding 99%. Also, my dislike of a lot of single-player games should co-relate to my playing of them. Are you surprised that someone as opinionated as I would have as much experience playing the aforementioned games?

Thirdly, I'm very accepting of people's preferences. There is no need to reiterate a post I just made as if this is new information. I made the original point after all, so that was just redundant of you to try and throw it back in my face.

Let's try this again. Would you mind recommending me a very small list of your favorite single-player games that's released recently? No more than four. Forums are for discussion after all.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mjorh

@commonfate said:

@mjorh said:

@commonfate said:

Please tell me to what extent you have played which titles I have listed, those that you claim have no depth. Everyone has their preferences and I dig that but to be so blatantly incorrect, I am quite amused to say the least.

What's your definition of "depth" ?

"Depth" is in direct relationship with "Story" in my definition ...no story in multiplayer so no "depth" , simple as that! Yeah yeah i know u can make your own story and stuff , but seriously single player stories are just sth else ....

Take Bioshock series as experiences with "depth" ...

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sabretooth2066

@commonfate said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@commonfate said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@commonfate said:

First off bro, let's take a breather. I'm not here to insult you or w/e, we can talk this in a civilized manner befitting this forum or not at all. Your call.

Second off, what I used was called exaggeration. I should have been more clear regarding my haphazardly thrown out statement regarding 99%. Also, my dislike of a lot of single-player games should co-relate to my playing of them. Are you surprised that someone as opinionated as I would have as much experience playing the aforementioned games?

Thirdly, I'm very accepting of people's preferences. There is no need to reiterate a post I just made as if this is new information. I made the original point after all, so that was just redundant of you to try and throw it back in my face.

Let's try this again. Would you mind recommending me a very small list of your favorite single-player games that's released recently? No more than four. Forums are for discussion after all.

@commonfate said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@commonfate said:

@sabretooth2066 said:

@commonfate said:

i wasnt being uncivilized nor insulting you...i was just letting off my usual slang as most people here are already used to, so nothing personal

i accept it when you say you just exaggerated, but as you know this forum is filled with many guys pretending to know da shit, thats also a reason why i mostly just use the slang i just explained to you without caring if theres just some misunderstanding or some wiseguy again trying to impress me

so well, if you ask me for MY favorite single player games....sure, but there are older titles as well:

DISHONORED - ,Different styles to play, many missions to solve, different ways of solving those missions, several different story-endings, character-upgrades and even different ways of how to end missions with getting ratings (ghost-rating etc.)

DEAD SPACE 1-3 - ....survival horror games show their full potential when played alone, the DEAD SPACE series is one of the best out there

BIOSHOCK 1-2 + INFINITE - ...guess i dont have to explain this franchise and its game mechanics

SPLINTER CELL (whole series): ...the multiplayer may be a fun part, but the single-player campaign is still where the game shines and i dont know many who play the game for its mp-part only..even if BLACKLIST uses to combine mp-online elements with its sp campaign

PAINKILLER:....the actual fun of a game like this is to clean a room/level/an area from all kinds of enemies....wave after wave, theres really no point in rushing through those actual short levels killing each others in multiplayer.

WOLFENSTEIN (the last 3 sequels): ....i am one of those gamers actually not caring about the story of a game, but next to a great gameplay and cool enemies theres actually an interesting cool story, the multiplayer part again just reduces the game to a stressed bunnyhopping with no other reason than trying to kill everyone else as fast as possible

STYX - MASTER OF SHADOWS - .....just like survival horrogames are enjoyed all alone the same is the deal for pure hardcore stealth games like this little gem

THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK 1+2:.....a mix of survival and stealth with a bigger portion of first-person beat em up, needless to say a game like this only shows its full potential played alone.....and again the story is also a great part of it (..even i dont care much for any story)

DARK SOULS 1+2:.....if i tell you i hate it you probably ask why i listed it...well....dont ask...

ASSASSIN´S CREED (whole series):.....no need to explain this series, but i admit the mp-part of it at least sounds more fun than any battlefield out there

LEGEND OF GRIMROCK 1+2:.....a retro-style dungeon cralwer, pure single player fun at its best

ALIEN ISOLATION:.....i already explained the part of survival horror games

FAR CRY 3+4: ...theres a certain grade of fun to hunt and clean out territories, solving missions and doing all kinds of stuff, especially in an open world, so i dont even continue to list games like JUST CAUSE, SLEEPING DOGS, SHADOWS OF MORDOR, GTA or WATCH DOGS

...+ all kinds of adventures, puzzle-games and retro sidescroller-games from old days or new indie titles with retro-graphics