Did you skip out on buying the PS Move and Kinect?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JmanRBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 JmanRBS
Member since 2006 • 394 Posts

I did to be honest. I'm content with a controller and I have enough good games to play with just that lol.

What about the rest of you?

Easports48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Easports48
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
Same here. But I do plan on getting a PS3 slim.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts
I wouldn't say I skipped out on getting them it's just that I haven't got around to picking them up yet. I do plan on getting them both sometime.
xXCombatWombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xXCombatWombat
Member since 2009 • 1529 Posts

Until they release some software that compels me to buy one, no i will not be getting one.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts
so far. kinect needs space and my 360 is in a small room. so until i move kinect is a no go for me. no matter what happens in terms of games (not much interests me on kinect so far). i think its interesting as a concept and controller tech though. as for move....i like the wiimote and nunchuck so it would be odd for me not to be interested in move. its an upgraded wiimote. but it has a games problem and the more time goes on the more it seems that sony are treating it as an also ran with some basic lip service. so im not confident about its long term support to be honest.
gregory621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gregory621
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I purchased it last fall. I play kinect sports from time to time, but thats its only use so far. Not alot of games for it i'm interested in.

reason58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 reason58
Member since 2003 • 355 Posts

Didn't buy it. Gimicky, optional controllers never work, because they don't have enough game support.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I had no interest in even trying them. I got hyped up about Wii motion controls, and then it fell flat on its face for me when I got into it. It isn't necessary for quality gaming... and adds very little, if anything (some games it takes away from).

NerdyDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NerdyDonut
Member since 2010 • 197 Posts

I bought the PS Move at launch and ended up selling it a month or two later. I wanted to try out the technology at the time and it just didn't do it for me. :(

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I picked up two Moves at launch. My kids have gotten a lot more use out of the Move than I have (they enjoy Eyepet, Beat Sketcher and Sports Champions and they tend to break out Start the Party when they have a friend or two over). I haven't spent a ton of time with Move, but I haven't tried it with KZ3 and Heavy Rain yet (with my next playthrough of both games, I will) and Move support for LBP2 could be huge (MM is taking their time, so hopefully they will get it right).

ZenesisX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 ZenesisX
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts

As it stands, it has nothing to offer me so I skipped it.

TJORLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TJORLY
Member since 2008 • 3298 Posts

They both just look like a bunch of gimmicky trash for casuals, So I'm going to give them a miss.

And I hope to god Sony and Microsoft don't make motion controls mandatory with their new consoles.

LankyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LankyKong
Member since 2011 • 2678 Posts

I won't buy either. I hate motion gaming.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Been around a long time in gaming..It doesnt apeal to me..The line ups have been so bad..Why even bother..Until they make a baseball, football game for it, maybe a good rpg..Its just paper wieght to me..Sorry to say just horrible waste of cash and time for any one..Maybe kids like kinectables..Im sure though even they get bored with just a few games that is on the market atm..Also bye the time they do make games for kinect..The next gen will be around the corner..

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Dont interest me.

Avatar image for TheRaiderNation
TheRaiderNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheRaiderNation
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

I have not been a big fan of motion controls. When I game, I just want to sit back and relax.

So yes, I have skipped on both

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I never had it in my plans to ever buy one.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
Gimmicks is what they are, not wasting money on that... Same with 3DS/ 3D monitors for PC.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I had the Kinect for awhile, but sold it. Just wasn't getting much use out of it, and I had space issues. I will admit it was fairly fun though.

dirtyhazza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dirtyhazza
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Didn't buy kinect it, zero interset at all. For one space is required to play and that is limited where my T.V is two there arnt any interesting games for it yet, i played the sports one with table tennis and boxing etc and it just sucked and fighters uncaged though good exercise was also bad. I know some people who have it for purely communications sake, they can web cam their kids and grandkids on a 50 inch LCD from across the country which is pretty cool.

GojiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GojiMaster
Member since 2009 • 451 Posts

I might get Kinect if it ever drops less than $50. $150 is too expensive for a peripheral. Same for Move. There aren't enough good games yet. However Dance Central looks really fun for Kinect and Killzone 3 looks really fun with Move.

These systems do have appeal, but I already bought a Wii and I still waiting for software developers to take proper advantage. Wii Motion Plus has been highly under-neglected.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts
I felt no obligation to support them.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#23 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Its not worth the money to me. Kinect has nothing but exercise and dance games, it recently released Dance Paradise (and already had Dance Masters and Dance Central) and now is coming out with Michael Jackson The Experience. MS need to do a LOT more to start impressing people. As it is Kinect is a flop. As for the Move, at least its got some main stream games that utilize it (Killzone 3 and upcoming games like Socom 4 and Resistance 3). Still, id rather just use a controller to play than spend over a hundred dollars to get what i need (and depending on how many extra controllers can end up being a couple hundred dollars). Both have interesting technology and could be a lot of fun to try out. I think the Move is better than Kinect simply because it has a wider variety of games that support it, and has a far greater number of games that support it, including some of the big names.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#24 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Yes, I like controllers better.

Avatar image for darkassassin911
darkassassin911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 darkassassin911
Member since 2009 • 609 Posts

I really want to get it, but when I play games, I do so in my small room. I don't really have eough space for a Kinect or a Move, I do want to get it though. The only way I could actually play a Kinect or Move is if I stand on my bed, which will never happen :P

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts

Until they release some software that compels me to buy one, no i will not be getting one.

xXCombatWombat

This here ^^^^

Plus the fact I don't really have enough room.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Yes. I might get Move eventually, if it gets something I'm interested in.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts
I skipped, I don't really have the space required in front of my TV to use Kinect for the time being, otherwise I probably would have got it. But I get my fill of it when I go visit my friend, he has it set up in his living room.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I won't buy either. I hate motion gaming.

LankyKong

Same here i hate motion gaming too i prefer using a controller.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Yeah I didn't bother with them. I can see why they are fun etc. but just not for me

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
yup ive skipped on them and i will continue to skip on them
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
The Move is a basically a Wii Remote, but with no support. Kinect has a larger userbase and better support, but the types of games that can be made for Kinect are limited, and I imagine it's going to be mostly party games for the forseeable future. If you want a Wii, get a Wii.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
Member since 2005 • 6976 Posts

No interest in them at all, the regular controllers work well.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#34 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Yeah, i was not interested in neither so did not spend the money on them.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#35 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I bought a Move, but not Kinect (my living room isn't big enough). It's pretty awful.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I've thought of getting the SOCOM/Move bundle. It'll be good for a few shooters but useless for anything else and still has no good Move-only games. Kinect looks like godawful flailing crap. It'll get much better I'm sure but I won't buy.
BlueCash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BlueCash
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

Yep, unless I get a new system that has it included I'll pass.

fablesway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fablesway
Member since 2011 • 23504 Posts

I bought the move for eyepet, but other then that game i don't have much use for it

Beard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Beard_
Member since 2010 • 1066 Posts

Yes. I have no interest in motion control games, as they don't really fit with the types of games I like.

DevilBorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DevilBorg
Member since 2009 • 810 Posts

I did to be honest. I'm content with a controller and I have enough good games to play with just that lol.

What about the rest of you?

JmanRBS
Same here. I don't like all the motion-control things. I don't even like the Wii. I'll stick with my normal controllers, thanks.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#41 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
I have skipped motion for my PS3. Wanted to get a 360 but found just about every bundle came with Kinect. That was enough to make me not buy the system all together.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

The Move is a basically a Wii Remote, but with no support. Kinect has a larger userbase and better support, but the types of games that can be made for Kinect are limited, and I imagine it's going to be mostly party games for the forseeable future. If you want a Wii, get a Wii.LordAndrew

There is plenty of support for Move. Whether you want party games like Sports Champions or more hardcore games like Killzone 3, Socom etc. Hell, even that Fight Club game can be a lot of fun.

PalmPixi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PalmPixi
Member since 2011 • 361 Posts
I'm not sure what made me buy a move, but I gave it a shot... It feels better than the wiimote, but I can honestly say I'm done with gaming that has anything to do with something that isn't traditional. I'm all up for innovation, but until virtual reality comes into the equation, I just don't get these gimmicks. I recently got my hand on the 3DS, and I just was extremely disappointed. Same with anything that is motion-full, or touch. It just doesn't translate well into the games I want to play. I can easily have more fun, and tradiotional games can even be potentially more innovate (maybe they are), than touch, motion or 3D based games.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

[QUOTE="LordAndrew"]The Move is a basically a Wii Remote, but with no support. Kinect has a larger userbase and better support, but the types of games that can be made for Kinect are limited, and I imagine it's going to be mostly party games for the forseeable future. If you want a Wii, get a Wii.S0lidSnake

There is plenty of support for Move. Whether you want party games like Sports Champions or more hardcore games like Killzone 3, Socom etc. Hell, even that Fight Club game can be a lot of fun.

You mean The Fight: Lights Out? Those are all first-party titles. It's nice to see that Sony supports their own peripheral, but what about the third parties?
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="LordAndrew"]The Move is a basically a Wii Remote, but with no support. Kinect has a larger userbase and better support, but the types of games that can be made for Kinect are limited, and I imagine it's going to be mostly party games for the forseeable future. If you want a Wii, get a Wii.LordAndrew

You mean The Fight: Lights Out? Those are all first-party titles. It's nice to see that Sony supports their own peripheral, but what about the third parties?

Oh okay, I didn't know you were talking about third party support.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#46 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I have skipped motion for my PS3. Wanted to get a 360 but found just about every bundle came with Kinect. That was enough to make me not buy the system all together.nutcrackr
There's lots of standalone 250GB units on shelves, though (or basic 4GB arcades). I mean, that's like passing on buying a PS3 because there's a Move bundle available as one of the SKUs.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 S0lidSnake

I've been enjoying my Move ever since launch. I would definitely like some more support, but what we got was pretty decent. Tumble was great fun, and I still haven't played the entire game. Sports Champions, especially Table Tennis, is probably the most realistic sports game i've ever played. Heavy Rain Move felt like it was made for Move all along. It actually made QTEs fun. Fight Lights Out has an extremely frustrating campaign mode, but the fighting itself is precise as f***. It taught me how to punch properly... it's that good. Home Run Derby in MLB The SHow is another fantastic addition and makes me wonder why they didn't include Move support in the season mode. Socom demo felt great with Move, but the highlight so far has to be Killzone 3. I haven't felt this home with FPS controls ever since I played HL2 on PC all those years ago. I have yet to try out Resident Evil 5 but if its anything like Socom or KZ3, it should be a lot of fun to play.

I see there is a lot of talk about Move being just like the Wii. Well I have played the Wii and the precision Move brings to the table changes everything. COD WAW controlled like s*** on the Wii. Baseball and the other tennis game were absolutely terrible if taken seriously. I was routintely beaten by 4 year old kids just flicking their wrists and hitting home runs. Needless to say they couldn't get away with that in Sports Champions or MLB THe SHow. I play KZ3 online with the Move and aim without any aim assist, lock on or deadzone. I have full control over the sensitivity, turn speeds, vertical and horizontal deadzone... I can hit every single pixel on the screen with precision. It's pure aiming. All of that with the physics, graphics, and gunplay of a true current gen game. Absolutely no shortcuts taken.

I will say this though, not every game needs Motion controls. I dont want to be playing a racing game with the Move. Definitely dont wanna play Gears, Uncharted or God of War with a motion controller. Motion controller works for FPSs, third person shooters like Socom, sports games. (Virtua Tennis 4 is going to be awesome!) and other games like Tumble which are simply not possible without motion controls.

Xx-BTK-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Xx-BTK-xX
Member since 2006 • 637 Posts

Didn't buy it. Gimicky, optional controllers never work, because they don't have enough game support.

reason58

^

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

yeah really not interested in motion gaming

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

[QUOTE="LordAndrew"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

S0lidSnake

Oh okay, I didn't know you were talking about third party support.

You didn't 'know it' because that's not what the guy said and not what he meant. He said nothing about where the support had to come from in his original post (he linked sales and support, which makes little sense because we all know what happened with the Wii in part due to its lack of precision).

As I stated on this forum prior to the Kinect launching:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27464421/kinect-scares-me...?msg_id=325554115#325554115

VG message boards hateKinect for its imprecision, but judging by the Wii's sales, I don't believe precision is all that important to casuals.

He echoes MS press points by claiming that the presence or absence of a controller is more meaningful than precision, which is true for casuals, but not so much core developers and core gamers.