Detroit Become Human- What did you guys think of this game? Game of the Year Material? Bust? Underrated?

GamingExpert02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 GamingExpert02
Member since 2018 • 19 Posts

Overall I really enjoyed this game. I think the developers excelled in creating a great story with amazing visuals. Actually this game visually is right under Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War as the third best game visually in recent years. You can tell a great deal of this through different scenes of the characters interactions. The story was enjoyable, not predictable as most games. Length was pretty good as well, it didn't feel too long or short. I'd say we got our moneys worth with this title.

Visually 10

Story 10

Mechanics 9

Overall i'd rate it a 9. Check out the game below if you haven't seen it before https://youtu.be/c5aJfmnIH70

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I would rather see Teddy and Winston fight each other than play this game.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#3 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Well, its definitely the best David Cage game. Heavy Rain and Beyond felt really crude in comparison.

The game looked awesome, and dialogue was very well written and well voice acted.

On negative side, the story had masses of holes in it, and things that just did not add up that well.

And the game had lot of stuff taken directly from Heavy Rain, so bit of a deja-vu.

Also, the game was very one sided; wherever the androids go, they meet bad stuff. The overall negative vibe of the story was kinda depressing.

I replayed most sections to see if I could get happier moments for the androids, but there werent many.. Still, I was able to save everyone and get Alice, Luther and Kara happily to Canada. That I think was the only happy moment in the game.

I'd give the game 8/10

justdial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 justdial
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

hi hi everyone i m new hi everyone i m new hi everyone i m new hi everyone i m new

GamingExpert02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GamingExpert02

@henrythefifth: Interesting, i've never played Heavy rain, so Detroit basically took it's concept your saying. I agree about the negative vibe part, it seemed the only perception we could get about the androids throughout the game was negative from the start. especially with kara's introduction and the abusive father. I only played through once, but thats disappointing that it wasn't happier outcomes for the decision making. It literally was choices of all bad options so each character was screwed from the start. Man i'm jealous I wasn't able to save kara and alice, they were caught right before the buses arrival. great feedback though thank you for your input

GamingExpert02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GamingExpert02

@justdial: welcome, provide feedback to the question please. thanks

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

determine what a game is like by watching a short game play video.

hmmmm...people tell me I cant do that.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

after watching the video I can say it looks horrible for a variety of reasons, not interested, its the same old crap

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts
@gamingexpert02 said:

Overall I really enjoyed this game. I think the developers excelled in creating a great story with amazing visuals. Actually this game visually is right under Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War as the third best game visually in recent years. You can tell a great deal of this through different scenes of the characters interactions. The story was enjoyable, not predictable as most games. Length was pretty good as well, it didn't feel too long or short. I'd say we got our moneys worth with this title.

Visually 10

Story 10

Mechanics 9

Overall i'd rate it a 9. Check out the game below if you haven't seen it before https://youtu.be/c5aJfmnIH70

i'm yet to finish the game so not qualified to fully pass judgement yet.

so far i can say that the presentation quality is off the charts. the story is genuinely intriguing and well paced and, as an interactive experience, it has considerable impact.

my main gripe so far is i've already reached a point now at which i've got total qte fatigue.

the first developer who creates a game that's as immersive and cinematic as this but without the need for qte to handle all player input i.e. devise a much more meaningful, engaging and far less detached means of player control, will be a very rich developer indeed. maybe vr is the key to unlock the potential this genre has.

but regardless, credit to quantum dream for creating such a bold, stylish and relatively unique game, even though it raises interesting theoretical questions over what constitutes a video game

GamingExpert02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GamingExpert02

@Macutchi: yes agreed the presentation is incredible. story is what hooked me from the start. feels like your fully involved three different stories that have meaning behind them. and honestly i completely agree about the part that needed more hands on experience some portions of the game did't feel as engaged as i would have liked. True enough we are able to drastically change the story will our decisions but i would've loved to influence the game even further with hands on scenes. VR would defiently be an interesting twist never thought abut that, future port maybe for the sequel?

quantum dream gets credit for being bold with the dark turns this story took, but like you said overall it's uniqueness is what makes it stand out among other releases.

great feedback loved your input.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

well to me it was just another story driven game with meh to ok gameplay like Heavy Rain, Beyond two Souls or Until Dawn.

GamingExpert02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GamingExpert02

@clefdefa: Interesting, i keep hearing people compare it to Heavy Rain. Never played that game before, is it any good? worth me checking it out? i think the gameplay for sure could have been a little more hands on at times , but for what was presented i thought it was fairly ok

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

It's Cage best game no question for me it's easily GOTY candidate I actually enjoyed the story much then the new GOW.

GamingExpert02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GamingExpert02

@warmblur: i agree the game was very much enjoyable. made you feel emotionally involved in the story from the start. GOW was a masterpiece hands down

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

@gamingexpert02: it plays exactly the same.

I really liked it because the story because the gameplay it is just QTE and I could never replay it.

GamingExpert02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GamingExpert02

@clefdefa: same here as much as i enjoyed it i don't think i could replay it. it's one of those games where i'm satisfied with the original outcome so i wouldn't want to play it again and change my experience. The main reason i enjoyed it because the story could take so many turns, now that i've seen the responses and reactions i don't want to change anything.

thank you for your input