Dead Space Hype Train: Last Call (Thread of Drop-Kicking Babies)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#201 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
Wow! I've played up to the start of chapter 6. This game is amazing. It is such a successful blend of so many different games and films. My best friend came over and we took turns playing. I'm really happy that I didn't miss this one in the holiday madness.
kriptonzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#202 kriptonzz
Member since 2004 • 3637 Posts
Damn this game does it's job so well, I keep finding myself at the end of my seat while playing. No game before has done that to me. It's unreal.
PS2_PC_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 PS2_PC_FAN
Member since 2004 • 969 Posts

guys what would have a better Dead Space experience on, PC or PS3?

EDIT: HiResDes says the ps3 controls are better but what if i buy the 360 pc controller with it, then would it be a better experience than the ps3 version?.

Dirkzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Dirkzen
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Does anyone know if this is coming out, ((or out already)) for the pc? Or is it going to be just a console exclusive thing?
PS2_PC_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 PS2_PC_FAN
no it comes out on the pc tomorrow, well according to gamespot at least. p.s. plz somebody help with ma question
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#206 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

Does anyone know if this is coming out, ((or out already)) for the pc? Or is it going to be just a console exclusive thing?Dirkzen

According to Ebgames this game comes out on the 20th for PC.

Prodigy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Prodigy_basic
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts
thanks for the impressions everyone...this is pretty much a must-buy title for me now due to the overwhelming praise...keep it up and remember to tag the spoilers...
PS2_PC_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 PS2_PC_FAN

EDIT: HiResDes says the ps3 controls are better but what if i buy the 360 pc controller with it, then would it be a better experience than the ps3 version?.

PS2_PC_FAN
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 rragnaar
[QUOTE="PS2_PC_FAN"]

PS2_PC_FAN

The PS3 version is great, go for it. The PC version is likely to have EA's nasty DRM, and why spend $50 on the PC version, and $40 on a 360 controller? EA's PS3 multiplatform games are really solid.
PS2_PC_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 PS2_PC_FAN
thanks a lot, im off to buy it!
Plague27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Plague27
Member since 2005 • 501 Posts
I like how for the first two hours, the game was incredibly underwhelming and felt horribly contrived and predictive. Fast forward a few more hours and the combination of EVERYTHING in this game is just... well... Let's just say that I am extremely pleased with how amazing this game is. There was something about the line gun which sealed the game for me. I also like that they choose their cheap scares very, VERY carefully and don't throw them at you every time you turn a corner. This game was a mixed bag at first, but it gets so good so fast it should be illegal. It is also nice that there is an overwhelming pressure to conserve ammo. Some stuff just gets so scarce and the enemies just keep coming that you really gotta buckle down on usage sometimes. Unfortunately, though, it makes some weapons more or less useless because they don't do anything and their ammo is rare.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#213 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44538 Posts
Holy ****! This game does a fantastic job with atmosphere. Both in the graphics and audio department Dead Space is stunning. I'm currently at the beginning of chapter 4. What a fantastic job they did making you really feel like you're on a derelict spaceship and some amazing views outside the ship as well. Genuinely creepy moments and brutally visceral combat really round out this incredibly solid game, well so far at least.
EvilTaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 EvilTaru
Member since 2002 • 58394 Posts
This game is what Dark Sector should have been, srsly.
_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts

Here's an interesting tidbit about the PC version. For those of you considering it over the console one. You might want to think again:

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=92385

According to this piece, PC controls are messed up bad.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts

Here's an interesting tidbit about the PC version. For those of you considering it over the console one. You might want to think again:

_Bear

Here's the full article from the source.

http://whatifgaming.com/dead-space-pc-version-perplexed-with-control-problems-and-issues-not-fluid-enough

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 D3s7rUc71oN

This game is what Dark Sector should have been, srsly.EvilTaru

While I haven't played Dark Sector, I keep thinking "This is what Doom 3 should have been"

PS2_PC_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 PS2_PC_FAN

_Bear

thanks alot for this, its all i needed to kknow. :D

Dill-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Dill-Man
Member since 2004 • 863 Posts

I'm just starting Chapter 6 and this game is getting increadible, every chapter it get's more and more intense (and frightning), I just hope it doesn't peak too soon!

Definite GOTY contender just from what I've played.

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts
I got the game today, and I listened to everybody's advice and started on hard. I just beat the first chapter, and there were already plenty of places where ammo was tight. I can already tell that I will either be a space zombie killing machine by the end of this game or die a million deaths. I thought it was pretty fun so far, so if you guys are right about it getting better, then this game MUST be awesome!
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 rragnaar
Omg the ending...Led_poison
I know you weren't too specific, but please use spoiler tags if you are going to talk about the ending.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Archangel3371
Well I just finished this game and wow is this ever an intense and brutally visceral game. In graphics, audio, and atmosphere Dead Space kicks ass and takes names. I love how they kept the screen clean by putting your vitals and such on the character. Incredibly well-crafted spaceship to explore and some genuinely creepy moments. Survival and horror go hand in hand as you try to ration your ammo, decide which upgrades to do, and wonder what and where the next creature will pop-out at you. I did notice that they even have the same little trick that Resident Evil 4 had and that's when you upgrade your weapons to hold more ammo it'll give you a full round in that weapon. So strategically upgrade the capacity on an empty weapon to get some free ammo. This also works when you upgrade your life points and your stasis, it'll refill them for you.
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 D3s7rUc71oN

Finished the game yesterday, wow epic final boss. Toward the end I feel like they just resorted to creating huge battles rather than introducing unique gameplay situations or new enemies, still its fun throughout. Fantastic game.

I started on impossible, yeah its hard.

dvader654

Did you played on hard? Can you transfer your items on impossible playtrough? Although I've read on IGN reviews that you can't...

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 rragnaar
I'm bummed, as a result of playing through the first half of the game with my best friend, I feel guilted into not touching Dead Space until he comes over again. I want to play this game, but I promised we'd beat it together.
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 D3s7rUc71oN
[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"][QUOTE="dvader654"]

Finished the game yesterday, wow epic final boss. Toward the end I feel like they just resorted to creating huge battles rather than introducing unique gameplay situations or new enemies, still its fun throughout. Fantastic game.

I started on impossible, yeah its hard.

dvader654

Did you played on hard? Can you transfer your items on impossible playtrough? Although I've read on IGN reviews that you can't...

Played on normal, no transfer.

Oh, I have to start all over then. I shouldn't have bother playing this game on hard, oh well it would help for my next playthrough.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
I find hard too hard. I would like to move at a quicker pace but I die so much.
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 D3s7rUc71oN

I find hard too hard. I would like to move at a quicker pace but I die so much.F1Lengend

Its not that bad, the only troublesome areas are at the end of each chapter where you need to buy ammo to make things easier. I was about to backtrack at the end of chapter 3, b/c of not enough ammo at my disposal and you face 5-6 enemies that come all at once at you when you activate the switch. Those hideous things are damn fast, I surrounded the area with fire extinguisher, a couple of propane tanks, and other objects laying around the area which was barely enough to get through (it took a lot of retries and thinking of what to use :P). I had alot of credits but no store around me.

Beginning of chapter 4, is that a boss battle? That thing can take quite a beating.

AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 AtomicTangerine

I'm bummed, as a result of playing through the first half of the game with my best friend, I feel guilted into not touching Dead Space until he comes over again. I want to play this game, but I promised we'd beat it together.rragnaar

You do get 20 save files. It's not like he even has to know. Come on, you know you want to.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]I'm bummed, as a result of playing through the first half of the game with my best friend, I feel guilted into not touching Dead Space until he comes over again. I want to play this game, but I promised we'd beat it together.AtomicTangerine

You do get 20 save files. It's not like he even has to know. Come on, you know you want to.

But I am hoping to use my self-imposed Dead Space blackout to justify picking up either Fable 2 or Far Cry 2 even though I can't afford them.:P

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Archangel3371
I didn't even realise you could throw stuff with your telekenisis with R-trigger or blow up those red canisters until I started my second playthrough. It definately makes some battles easier to handle. :lol: It's a blast playing another round with more powerful weapons. It takes awhile to max everything out too. I maxed everything on chapter 2 of my third round and just barely did it by selling off my horde of items I collected in the first two rounds. I started a game on Impossible mode and I can this one will be pretty tough and very intense. I'll probably have to just focus on powering up two weapons and my health and stasis asap.
TheMazaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 TheMazaku
Member since 2008 • 766 Posts
On Chapter 5 now, scariest chapter so far! I'm only playing on normal though because I am not that skilled but it is extremely fun. The feeling you have when you know something is going to get you sends a shiver down my spine.
kriptonzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 kriptonzz
Member since 2004 • 3637 Posts
It shocks me that this game didn't get the "superior animation" emblem. The way the things move, run, the way brutes shamble towards you, getting up, going into the "cutscene" attacks. It's so darned convincing.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Archangel3371

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]I didn't even realise you could throw stuff with your telekenisis with R-trigger or blow up those red canisters until I started my second playthrough. It definately makes some battles easier to handle. :lol: It's a blast playing another round with more powerful weapons. It takes awhile to max everything out too. I maxed everything on chapter 2 of my third round and just barely did it by selling off my horde of items I collected in the first two rounds. I started a game on Impossible mode and I can this one will be pretty tough and very intense. I'll probably have to just focus on powering up two weapons and my health and stasis asap.dvader654

Thats what I am doing, I already got the suit HP maxed, first thing I did. Then I increased the damage (by 1 for now) on the standard pulse gun and the line gun. I have noticed that you NEED stasis to freeze these guys so I have started to work on that. Oh and the razor gun is a life saver.

I am in the middle of chapter 6 on impossible, it was a bit crazy at first but now I am used to it and have plenty of ammo. The hardest thing is keeping track of all the enemies in a large room, one or two hits will kill you so its imperative that you keep everyone in front of you, but in this game its a pain to do that.

Chapter 6 on impossible, good going. I'm just a little over the half-way point in 2 right now. Yeah that Ripper gun is a pretty cool weapon. I know I'm going to want to max out the Line gun but I'm not yet sure what second gun I'll want to beef up yet. I quickly learned to try and keep my enemies in front of me and keep my back close to walls and corners. I like when you can get those exploding creatures next to another enemy or two but those opportunities are few and far between. I also learned to stomp the limbs off of any corpses I come across especially in a few key areas. Some of Issac's death scenes are awesome and I've probably seen them all by now. Even on my third playthrough and knowing what's what there are still a good number of moments that make me jump.
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 AtomicTangerine

It shocks me that this game didn't get the "superior animation" emblem. The way the things move, run, the way brutes shamble towards you, getting up, going into the "cutscene" attacks. It's so darned convincing.kriptonzz

Yeah dude. I remember the first time I shot one of the dudes legs off and I thought, "Well, this game isn't too hard!" and turned around. Good thing I had the sound on my TV way up though, cause I could still hear him still crawling at me. It is really impressive how you can rip off their limbs and they still come at you both in a way that seems realistic (or as realistic as a space zombie can move) and shows that they MEAN BUSINESS!