Coolest game name?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NightFox313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 NightFox313
Member since 2011 • 103 Posts

Pretty self-explanatory; what do you think is your favorite game title? I don't mean the game itself, but what the game is called. It doesn't necessarily have to be "cool" either. Did the title affect your first impression? Any lasting impact it has on you? Did the title alone catch your eye and cause you to buy it? Or does it contribute to the game's theme or message? There's more to the game's title than you think.

Personally I think Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance is a freaking awesome title because the words are completely opposite of each other. The word "dissonance" means a lack of musical harmony, whereas the word "harmony" itself can be defined as a pleasing sound made up of musical notes that are produced as a chord. Not only that, but the music in that game (while not my favorite from the series) contains many dissonant notes that wouldn't sound right when played by themselves, but actually contribute to the song's melody. There's probably more to it than that, but I haven't played the game much.

TL;DR - feel free to post on what your favorite game title(s) are and if you can, why you like the title.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

Crysis. They used a "Y" instead of an "I" because it's made by Cr"y"tek. Get it!? SO COOL.

edit: Serious answer: F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon. Cool acronym.