Capcom vs. Konami, Who Do You Like Better?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Two of my favorite game publishers of all time! When it comes to retro-gaming, these 2 publishers are the kings of third-party publishers, IMO.

So I was curious to see which of these two publishers do you prefer?

A list of popular games by each, for comparison purposes:

Capcom:

• 1942 & 1943 Series
  • Alien vs. Predator (Arcade)
  • Bionic Commando Series
  • Breath of Fire Series
  • Captain America and The Avengers
  • Captain Commando
  • Commando
  • Darkstalkers Series
  • Dead Rising Series
  • Dragon's Dogma
  • Duck Tales 1 & 2 (and Remastered)
  • Final Fight Series
  • Forgotten Worlds
  • Ghosts 'N Goblins/Ghouls 'N Ghosts Series
  • Gun.Smoke
  • Knights of the Round
  • Magic Sword
  • Legendary Wings
  • Little Nemo: The Dream Master
  • Magical Quest: Starring Mickey Mouse
  • Marvel Super Heroes (Fighting Game)
  • Marvel Super-Heroes: War of the Gems (Beat-Em Up)
  • Mega Man Series and Spin-Offs
  • The Punisher
  • Puzzle Fighter Series
  • Rescue Rangers
  • Resident Evil Series
  • Saturday Night Slam Masters (Wrestling)
  • Section Z
  • Side Arms
  • Street Fighter & Street Fighter Alpha Series
  • Strider Series
  • "Vs" Fighting Game Series (Marvel vs. Capcom, SNK vs. Capcom, Street Fighter X Tekken, etc.)
  • X-Men: Children of the Atom (Fighting Game)
  • X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse (Beat-Em Up)

Konami:

• Aliens (Arcade)
  • Base Wars
  • Castlevania Series
  • Blades of Steel (Hockey)
  • Bucky 'O Hare
  • Contra Series
  • Gradius Series
  • Gyruss
  • Lethal Enforcers Series
  • Life Force
  • The Main Event (Wrestling)
  • Metal Gear Series
  • Monster in My Pocket
  • Rocket Knight Adventures
  • Rush 'N Attack
  • Silent Hill Series
  • The Simpson Arcade Game
  • Skate or Die
  • Snatcher
  • Sparkster
  • Suikoden Series
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Series
  • Time Pilot
  • Tiny Toons Adventures
  • Track and Field
  • Vandal Hearts
  • X-Men: The Arcade Game
  • Zen: The Intergalactic Ninja
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

difficult choice, Metal Gear is probably my favourite game series, but there are more Capcom franchises I like, mainly their fighting games and Resident Evil

I suppose one could say, pre 1998 , Capcom , post 1998 , Konami.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#3 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
I suppose one could say, pre 1998 , Capcom , post 1998 , Konami.Darkman2007
Maybe not the exact same years, but basically this.
GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 GaussRiemann
Member since 2012 • 249 Posts

Capcom, by far. I like their side-scrolling beat'em ups a lot better, for example, and also their platformers, and Konami hardly did 1-on-1 fighters like Street Fighter.

Plus, Konami seemed to never really be keen to bring their games to Sega consoles, especially the big names,

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
My vote goes to Capcom, by a slight margin because Konami is awesome as well.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#6 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Both have made some of my favorite games, but only one of them makes Silent Hill

SonOfChewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SonOfChewbacca
Member since 2004 • 653 Posts

Extremely difficult since they both make my favorite action and horror games, but I give the nod to Capcom because of Street Fighter.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

I haven't played many of those games listed, but prefer more the Capcom games i've played.

Avatar image for NationProtector
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NationProtector
Member since 2013 • 1609 Posts
Your list compares more developed titles than Published. In the case of development, I would choose Capcom, for Street Fighter EX3 and Megaman V, not to be confused with 5.
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
I'm kinda torn because I like both, but my vote goes to Konami.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Back in the day, Capcom. Now, Konami. Both companies are shadows of their former selves, though. Lords of Shadow is a disgrace to Castlevania, they're milking Metal Gear like no tomorrow, and I'll never forgive them for what they did to Hudson. But even with all that, they don't begin to suck half as bad as Capcom.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#12 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts
[QUOTE="famicommander"]Back in the day, Capcom. Now, Konami. Both companies are shadows of their former selves, though. Lords of Shadow is a disgrace to Castlevania, they're milking Metal Gear like no tomorrow, and I'll never forgive them for what they did to Hudson. But even with all that, they don't begin to suck half as bad as Capcom.

its quite sad to see the state of the Japanese gaming industry in general.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

When it comes to retro games, KONAMI all the way.

the old KONAMI is gone, dead and buried though, while CAPCOM are still good when its actually CAPCOM and don't outsource their games. In this aspect KONAMI doesn't even have a choice but to outsource most their franchises since their teams just don't exist anymore.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 famicommander

the old KONAMI is gone, dead and buried though, while CAPCOM are still good when its actually CAPCOM and don't outsource their games. In this aspect KONAMI doesn't even have a choice but to outsource most their franchises since their teams just don't exist anymore.

Panzer_Zwei
When was the last time Capcom put out anything decent aside from the Ace Attorney series? Monster Hunter, I guess? Inafune, Inaba, Mikami, and Kamiya are long gone and all their series (Mega Man, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Onimusha, Viewtiful Joe, etc) are either dead or a completely awful facsimile of their former selves. They can't even make fighting games anymore. UMVC3, SF4, and SFxT are absolute jokes compared to their output from the previous generation.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

famicommander

When was the last time Capcom put out anything decent aside from the Ace Attorney series? Monster Hunter, I guess? Inafune, Inaba, Mikami, and Kamiya are long gone and all their series (Mega Man, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Onimusha, Viewtiful Joe, etc) are either dead or a completely awful facsimile of their former selves. They can't even make fighting games anymore. UMVC3, SF4, and SFxT are absolute jokes compared to their output from the previous generation.

Just recently DRAGON'S DOGMA. It was a fantastic game.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Emerald_Warrior

My vote goes to Capcom, by a slight margin because Konami is awesome as well.Eikichi-Onizuka

Same here. And I think it's particularly the Resident Evil games and Bionic Commando that just puts them over the top, for me.

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Metal Gear Solid 3 - 4 are amongst my favorite games of all time, so... yeah. Capcom is good, but the only series that I really got into with them is Resident Evil... and they haven't made one I really like in a long time. So Konami.

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

I like both, but I like Capcom a little bit more.

-Zelmor-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Zelmor-
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Both are great companies imo, hard to choose. Btw, Big Boss from MGS is in a popularity contest, vote for him if you are a fan of his. Thanks. www.gamefaqs.com/poll/5255
Ficcolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ficcolo
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Tough choice for sure. They both make some of my favorite games; Resident Evil 4, Metal Gear Solid 3, Mega Man 3. I gave it to Konami though because Capcom has been pretty douchey lately.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 famicommander

[QUOTE="famicommander"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

Panzer_Zwei

Gross... I thought it was a second rate Elder Scrolls or Dragon Age, and I think those two series are trash to begin with. I miss the days when WRPGs were... good. Now all there is out there is The Witcher series.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"] When was the last time Capcom put out anything decent aside from the Ace Attorney series? Monster Hunter, I guess? Inafune, Inaba, Mikami, and Kamiya are long gone and all their series (Mega Man, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Onimusha, Viewtiful Joe, etc) are either dead or a completely awful facsimile of their former selves. They can't even make fighting games anymore. UMVC3, SF4, and SFxT are absolute jokes compared to their output from the previous generation.famicommander

Gross... I thought it was a second rate Elder Scrolls or Dragon Age, and I think those two series are trash to begin with. I miss the days when WRPGs were... good. Now all there is out there is The Witcher series.

I ADORE the Elder Scrolls games. But I didn't enjoy Dragon's Dogma, so much. The minion system was more a chore than help, IMO. And it did, indeed, feel like a 2nd rate, wannabe, Elder Scrolls, and not nearly as good.

GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GaussRiemann

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

famicommander

It's not much, but what about Mega Man 9 and 10?

Though I agree that Capcom are far away from the company they used to be.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 famicommander

GaussRiemann

It's not much, but what about Mega Man 9 and 10?

Though I agree that Capcom are far away from the company they used to be.

Mega Man 9 and 10, as well as Dead Rising 1-2 and Lost Planet 1, all came out before Keiji Inafune (the producer/lead of all three series) left the company.
GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GaussRiemann

Ah, okay.

Maybe, just maybe they'll pull themselves together and revive Mega Man due to the success of Inafune's Mighty No. 9 project on kickstarter, but that's quite unlikely, I'd say.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 famicommander

Ah, okay.

Maybe, just maybe they'll pull themselves together and revive Mega Man due to the success of Inafune's Mighty No. 9 project on kickstarter, but that's quite unlikely, I'd say.

GaussRiemann
Even if they do, who will make the game? And would the Mega Man fanbase come back after the way Capcom has treated them in recent years?
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 famicommander

Emerald_Warrior

I ADORE the Elder Scrolls games. But I didn't enjoy Dragon's Dogma, so much. The minion system was more a chore than help, IMO. And it did, indeed, feel like a 2nd rate, wannabe, Elder Scrolls, and not nearly as good.

I don't see what is appealing about Elder Scrolls at all. Big, empty, soulless areas. No significant characters or story to speak of, clunky combat, usually unplayable until the homebrew community fixes them six months after Bethesda craps them onto store shelves. The days of Baldur's Gate, Fallout 1-2, Planetscape, Ultima, and the WRPGs of that era are long gone.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"] Gross... I thought it was a second rate Elder Scrolls or Dragon Age, and I think those two series are trash to begin with. I miss the days when WRPGs were... good. Now all there is out there is The Witcher series.famicommander

I don't see what is appealing about Elder Scrolls at all. Big, empty, soulless areas. No significant characters or story to speak of, clunky combat, usually unplayable until the homebrew community fixes them six months after Bethesda craps them onto store shelves. The days of Baldur's Gate, Fallout 1-2, Planetscape, Ultima, and the WRPGs of that era are long gone.

I love those games, too. I own every Forgotten Realms from the original Baldur's Gate forward (including Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2, the Dark Alliance games, Icewind Dales, etc.).

The appeal of Elder Scrolls is the living, breathing world you are a part of. There are people with real agendas, routines, and scendules throughout the world. There are events that happen and change the world. Your interaction with the world and characters can change the way you are treated and reacted to. And most of all, there is just soooooo mcuh to do. If you found the world to be "empty", then you really didn't get that into it. I easily put over 100 hours into each game, and barely any of that was repeptitive grinding, it was questing. And if you aren't into rigid guild quests, you can just go at it solo and explore the world and take it all on at your own pace. (Sooooo much to explore, too).

GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GaussRiemann

[QUOTE="GaussRiemann"]

Ah, okay.

famicommander

Even if they do, who will make the game? And would the Mega Man fanbase come back after the way Capcom has treated them in recent years?

Regarding the former: I don't think Inafune is the only one who could do a good Mega Man game. How about Tokuro Fujiwara? I think this won't be that much of problem if Capcom is really behind it.

Concerning the latter: From my experience in recent years, it takes a lot to permanently alienate a video game fan base (I don't say that's necessarily a good thing). Then again, Ninja Theory did it quite easily with the new Devil May Cry.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#30 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"] When was the last time Capcom put out anything decent aside from the Ace Attorney series? Monster Hunter, I guess? Inafune, Inaba, Mikami, and Kamiya are long gone and all their series (Mega Man, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Onimusha, Viewtiful Joe, etc) are either dead or a completely awful facsimile of their former selves. They can't even make fighting games anymore. UMVC3, SF4, and SFxT are absolute jokes compared to their output from the previous generation.famicommander

What's wrong with Dragon Age Origins?
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NationProtector
[QUOTE="GaussRiemann"]

Ah, okay.

famicommander

I like how people here don;t realize inafunes the one that killed the series nor was he the creator in the first place. Sometimes people on gamespot scare me.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 famicommander
[QUOTE="famicommander"][QUOTE="GaussRiemann"]

Ah, okay.

NationProtector

I like how people here don;t realize inafunes the one that killed the series nor was he the creator in the first place. Sometimes people on gamespot scare me.

I never said he created it but you're nuts if you think he killed it. What killed it was Capcom's incessant milking of the crappy RPG spinoffs; the last one tanked in Japan to a massive degree. Capcom was satisfied with the sales of Mega Man 9 and 10, and the action-platformers on DS and PSP (Zero Collection, ZX, ZX Advent, Powered Up, Maverick Hunter X) all did well enough in terms of sales. And despite Inafune not being the original creator of Mega Man, he has worked on over 30 games in the series and was the project lead of the whole franchise from Mega Man X onward. He more than anyone else is responsible for the way most fans know the character.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="famicommander"][QUOTE="GaussRiemann"]

Ah, okay.

NationProtector

What? Yeah he did. Inafune even hand-drew all the character designs before the game ever came out.

NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NationProtector

[QUOTE="NationProtector"][QUOTE="famicommander"] Even if they do, who will make the game? And would the Mega Man fanbase come back after the way Capcom has treated them in recent years?Emerald_Warrior

What? Yeah he did. Inafune even hand-drew all the character designs before the game ever came out.

Inafune joined when the game was already in development. I would suggest taking a look at the history of the series, not to sound mean, just saying i think learning about gaming is cool. When it's accurate that is.
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NationProtector
What killed it was Capcom's incessant milking of the crappy RPG spinoffsfamicommander
All produced and led by him. Including the same looking lack of progress Zero Gba games, and I believe the ZX series as well. not sure about Star Force. This also includes both the meh remakes.
on over 30 games in the seriesfamicommander
In not on, some he did nothing but stand there and his name was associated with it. He gets too much credit for nothing when he is the one who crashed the franchise. 6th gen sales disasters were all his doing, and failing sales did not stop him from continuing to work on a few things.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="NationProtector"] I like how people here don;t realize inafunes the one that killed the series nor was he the creator in the first place. Sometimes people on gamespot scare me.NationProtector

Inafune joined when the game was already in development. I would suggest taking a look at the history of the series, not to sound mean, just saying i think learning about gaming is cool. When it's accurate that is.

I watched this on the Mega Man episode of G4 Icons. It's on YouTube if you want to watch it. Capcom even still has the original hand-drawn pencillings, which are show in the episode.

Here's Wikipedia's entry which supports that:

Now wanting to capitalize on the fledgling Nintendo system, Keiji's superiors directed him to create a new video game character called "Rockman." Capcom's artist and developer teams were still diminutive at that period in time, and so Keiji was directed to be one of the leading artists in the new project.

When it came to the design for the Rockman game (which was later changed to "Mega Man" in North America), Keiji developed all the art and design for the characters. Due to the small task force, he also constructed the characters into pixel form, as well as the game's respective logo, package design, and instruction booklet. As the Famicom was an early gaming system, only 56 colours were available for display, the majority of which were blue-tinted. Keiji noted that this affected the decision to colour the character blue (as a result, fans have nicknamed the character "the blue bomber"). The design of Keiji's character was also heavily influenced by Japanese animation, and he notes that he took observations from other video game characters present at the time, such as Mario.

NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NationProtector
Again, he came in after the game was made. Also you need to not use Wikipedia as a source, you have no credibility if you use it. Btw, a fellow poster posted the same thing up a couple from here.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Emerald_Warrior

Again, he came in after the game was made. Also you need to not use Wikipedia as a source, you have no credibility if you use it. Btw, a fellow poster posted the same thing up a couple from here.NationProtector

I didn't, I mentioned that I saw it in the G4 Icons video of Mega Man. Since I can't quote a video, without you watching it, I quoted Wikipedia which supports what G4 Icons video showed (with parts that have Inufane showing his original pencil drawings).

And if you don't accept Wikipedia as credible, please, show me a credible source citing that Inafune didn't help create Mega Man (obviously he had a some other people working on the game with him).

BTW, here's the video I'm speaking of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gICTbtBfWpg

NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NationProtector

[QUOTE="NationProtector"]Again, he came in after the game was made. Also you need to not use Wikipedia as a source, you have no credibility if you use it. Btw, a fellow poster posted the same thing up a couple from here.Emerald_Warrior

I didn't, I mentioned that I saw it in the G4 Icons video of Mega Man. Since I can't quote a video, without you watching it, I quoted Wikipedia which supports what G4 Icons video showed (with parts that have Inufane showing his original pencil drawings).

And if you don't accept Wikipedia as credible, please, show me a credible source citing that Inafune didn't help create Mega Man (obviously he had a some other people working on the game with him).

Now you changed it to didn't HELP? Well good job you prove my point by changing your sentence, he was not THE creator. Which is why i said he jumped in after the project already started. Nice video though, i''ll watch it later tonight.
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NationProtector
Also I forgot to vote for capcom.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="NationProtector"]Again, he came in after the game was made. Also you need to not use Wikipedia as a source, you have no credibility if you use it. Btw, a fellow poster posted the same thing up a couple from here.NationProtector

Now you changed it to didn't HELP? Well good job you prove my point by changing your sentence, he was not THE creator. Which is why i said he jumped in after the project already started. Nice video though, i''ll watch it later tonight.

Just clarifying that I meant I know that NES games weren't created by a single guy. He was on the team the created the first game, and a good majority of them afterwards. Miyamoto is credited with creating Mario. But he had a team, as well.

BTW, where's that source I asked for? I gave you a video link and a Wikipedia link. Unless you're trying to insinuate you're a more credible source than Wikipedia, I don't think you really believe that, though.

NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NationProtector

[QUOTE="NationProtector"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Emerald_Warrior

Just clarifying that I meant I know that NES games weren't created by a single guy. He was on the team the created the first game, and a good majority of them afterwards. Miyamoto is credited with creating Mario. But he had a team, as well.

BTW, where's that source I asked for? I gave you a video link and a Wikipedia link. Unless you're trying to insinuate you're a more credible source than Wikipedia, I don't think you really believe that, though.

Source for what? i said that he did not create Megaman not that he did not help, what am i sourcing for you for? You also said the exact same thing and proved my point. My point was is that he did not create Megaman. Also, team or no, he never created the franchise, he came in later. What do you need a source for? This?
help create Mega ManEmerald_Warrior
i though we were on the same page from what this said.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="NationProtector"] Now you changed it to didn't HELP? Well good job you prove my point by changing your sentence, he was not THE creator. Which is why i said he jumped in after the project already started. Nice video though, i''ll watch it later tonight.NationProtector

Source for what? i said that he did not create Megaman not that he did not help, what am i sourcing for you for? You also said the exact same thing and proved my point. My point was is that he did not create Megaman. Also, team or no, he never created the franchise, he came in later. What do you need a source for? This?

No, we don't agree. I'm saying he created Mega Man, with the help of a team. Which as far as gaming is concerned, makes him the creator of Mega Man. The same way Miyamoto is the creator of Mario, who also had a team. You said he didn't create Mega Man.

NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NationProtector

Emerald_Warrior

No, we don't agree. I'm saying he created Mega Man, with the help of a team. Which as far as gaming is concerned, makes him the creator of Mega Man. The same way Miyamoto is the creator of Mario, who also had a team. You said he didn't create Mega Man.

How can he be the creator of something that he was not involved in until later? You have a Famicom above saying the same thing, like I said, i only suggest you do a quick google search, and incidentally, your own wikipedia link has a similar statement. Which is odd since you used that as you source.
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NationProtector
You said he didn't create Mega Man.Emerald_Warrior
Yet I never said he did not help make the franchise. Which you change to he helped from he did, and then you changed to he made it and then added a team.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="NationProtector"] Source for what? i said that he did not create Megaman not that he did not help, what am i sourcing for you for? You also said the exact same thing and proved my point. My point was is that he did not create Megaman. Also, team or no, he never created the franchise, he came in later. What do you need a source for? This? [QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"] help create Mega ManNationProtector

How can he be the creator of something that he was not involved in until later? You have a Famicom above saying the same thing, like I said, i only suggest you do a quick google search, and incidentally, your own wikipedia link has a similar statement. Which is odd since you used that as you source.

To put it bluntly:

You and Famicom are not more credible than Wikipedia and G4 Icons, no mater what you may believe about Wikipedia. Unless, that is, you have a credible source that says different than Wikipedia and G4 Icons.

NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NationProtector

Emerald_Warrior

To put it bluntly:

You and Famicom are not more credible than Wikipedia and G4 Icons, no mater what you may believe about Wikipedia. Unless, that is, you have a credible source that says different than Wikipedia and G4 Icons.

What you managed to ignore is that your own Wikipedia proved you wrong about him creating the franchise. What you just porved to me is if someone asks you too look at your own source you will not look. Which makes no sense because it is your source. Did you look up megaman history on Wikipedia? you look up dev of Megaman 1? it's real easy on wikipedia, and since that is your source, it make even less sense you would not look at it since you think it is credible.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="NationProtector"] How can he be the creator of something that he was not involved in until later? You have a Famicom above saying the same thing, like I said, i only suggest you do a quick google search, and incidentally, your own wikipedia link has a similar statement. Which is odd since you used that as you source.NationProtector

To put it bluntly:

What you managed to ignore is that your own Wikipedia proved you wrong about him creating the franchise. What you just porved to me is if someone asks you too look at your own source you will not look. Which makes no sense because it is your source. Did you look up megaman history on Wikipedia? you look up dev of Megaman 1? it's real easy on wikipedia, and since that is your source, it make even less sense you would not look at it since you think it is credible.

I provided the quote from Wikipedia, for everyone to see, here it is again:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiji_Inafune

Now wanting to capitalize on the fledgling Nintendo system, Keiji's superiors directed him to create a new video game character called "Rockman." Capcom's artist and developer teams were still diminutive at that period in time, and so Keiji was directed to be one of the leading artists in the new project.

When it came to the design for the Rockman game (which was later changed to "Mega Man" in North America), Keiji developed all the art and design for the characters. Due to the small task force, he also constructed the characters into pixel form, as well as the game's respective logo, package design, and instruction booklet. As the Famicom was an early gaming system, only 56 colours were available for display, the majority of which were blue-tinted. Keiji noted that this affected the decision to colour the character blue (as a result, fans have nicknamed the character "the blue bomber"). The design of Keiji's character was also heavily influenced by Japanese animation, and he notes that he took observations from other video game characters present at the time, such as Mario.

So again, I'm waiting for this source that says Keiji somehow wasn't the creator of Mega Man. I provided mine, multiple times now at this point. It's really beginning to look like you don't have a source, yet you don't want to accept Wikipedia as a valid source...convenient.

NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NationProtector
Again, the issue is you are not looking up Megaman in your own source because you know if you do you will see you are completely wrong. my source is you're saying I have no credibility Wikipedia does, and that your own source is saying your wrong. It's a comedy basically because you refuse to do that. I have a link, i am just waiting for you to actually look up Megaman in your own source. But something tells me you are going to dodge again, But I'll post the link anyway once you do that.
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NationProtector
The funniest part is the very link you gave me also proves my point and actually had HIM HIMSELF saying he did not. The one thing he did fully create was Zero, and the creation of having the series crash and burn.