Call of Duty Ghosts App only works on IOS devices?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lyhtspd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Lyhtspd
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I am not an Apple person... but I was told my Activision support that you can only register your clan tags if you didnt already pre-register on an Apple device... anyone else know how to register besides that? I may hold off on buying call of duty ghosts now that I found this limitation.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#2 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Find a friend who has an iPod Touch. It'll probably work.

It worked with the GTAV iFruit app anyway. Not that it was a good piece of software mind you. Even when they ported it to Android I still couldn't use it because my (brand new) LG phone wasn't on the "approved device" list.

All this "second screen" nonsense is wearing pretty thin. If companies are going to keep doing it then they need to do a little market research. I get why you would decide to support Apple first. They're literally half the smart phone market. But it's not like Android is a niche platform. It's around 40% (and growing).

Darth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Darth1337
Member since 2005 • 64 Posts

@ZZoMBiE13:

iOS isn't hugely fragmented. Android is.

There is no parity between software update availability between iOS and Android. When a 1 year old Android phone can't get an update to 4.4, there's something wrong. That being said, I have both an iPad (3rd Gen) and an Android phone.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

@Darth1337 said:

@ZZoMBiE13:

iOS isn't hugely fragmented. Android is.

There is no parity between software update availability between iOS and Android. When a 1 year old Android phone can't get an update to 4.4, there's something wrong. That being said, I have both an iPad (3rd Gen) and an Android phone.

Fair point. But it's not like the PC market where the hardware is in constant flux either. There may be a lot of options, but they are static options. The makers of the app don't have to contend with someone upgrading to an unsupported processor or something. And I have a pretty high end LG phone. The Spectrum 2. Not the best phone on the market by a stretch, but certainly on par with a Samsung Galaxy 4 which runs the app with zero problems, and I've got the most current OS as well.

If iFruit were some graphically intensive thing, maybe I'd find this all less aggravating. But it isn't. It's essentially a flash game. A first gen Windows phone should be able to run it. Easily. Failing all that, they could have made a version for Facebook or something that anyone can use.

But I get what you are saying. As much as I don't care for Apple, that is their one undeniable strength.

Darth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Darth1337
Member since 2005 • 64 Posts

@ZZoMBiE13:

Agreed. I think that Activision and Rockstar's take on this was that there is a larger market base that has more or less, the same OS throughout, so it made sense to go the iOS route.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

I've had friends who downloaded it on Android.