Best Final Fantasy Main Character

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for sundayismyDAD
Posted by sundayismyDAD (438 posts) 3 years, 10 months ago

Poll: Best Final Fantasy Main Character (22 votes)

Firion 0%
Cecil Harvey 5%
Bartz Kauser 0%
Terra Branford 9%
Cloud Strife 23%
Squall Leonhart 9%
Zidane Tribal 18%
Tidus 18%
Yuna 9%
Vaan 0%
Lightning 5%
Noctis Lucis Caelum 5%

All of the protagonists except for the first one.

Avatar image for sundayismyDAD
#1 Posted by sundayismyDAD (438 posts) -

I happen to like Tidus the most.

Avatar image for Jag85
#2 Posted by Jag85 (10770 posts) -

Cloud Strife. I think he was the most complex and well-developed protagonist in the series. His 'cloudy' memories and internal 'strife' are partly what made FFVII so interesting for me at the time. And that big reveal about his psychological disorder was one of the most shocking plot twists I remember, definitely the highlight of the game for me, more so than that famous Aerith scene.

Avatar image for blamix99
#3 Posted by blamix99 (2685 posts) -

Terra is such a drama princess

Cloud has spiky yellow hair with a big sword

Squall is quite and weird

Zidane is small and has a big head

Tidus is noisy and annoying

Yuna became slutty in FFX-2

Vaan is not a good main character, should've been Basch instead of Vaan

hopefully Noctis will be cool

Avatar image for GreySeal9
#4 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

Zidane. He's funny, flirtatious, and friendly, which is a great combination.

Avatar image for Netret0120
#5 Edited by Netret0120 (3463 posts) -

@Jag85:

I agree. My 1st FF was FFX but FF7 had such an interesting story and after playing Crisis Core and watching Advent Children, Cloud is definitely up there with Tidus/Auron/Barret/Fang as my favourite of all time.

Avatar image for dethtrain
#6 Edited by dethtrain (568 posts) -

I look at this and I think... I actually liked the secondary characters in these games more.

Avatar image for Jag85
#7 Edited by Jag85 (10770 posts) -

Besides FFVII's Cloud, my next favourite protagonist would probably be Cecil Harvey from FFIV. Despite being from the 16-bit era, he was probably the 'darkest' protagonist of the series... up until FFXV's Noctis (who seems to have a similarly 'dark' vibe). Unlike the later FF protagonists, Cecil is initially a dark knight who wages war, commits theft, and engages in mass-murder, in the name of his kingdom... completely unlike your typical JRPG protagonist. While much of FFIV's plot has now become cliched, Cecil's story of redemption still remains somewhat unique even to this day.

Avatar image for SpiderLuke
#8 Edited by SpiderLuke (716 posts) -
Loading Video...

Definitely not Tidus. I like FFX, but I find him to be incredibly annoying.

Avatar image for gamingqueen
#9 Posted by gamingqueen (31076 posts) -

@blamix99:

This post made me angry I wish I didn't read it ;/ then again everything about video game is making angry these days... except broken age...

My favorite is Terra Bradford. Due to her nature as half human half esper, Terra finds it hard to fit in. She questions her existence and journeys with the others in the game hoping to find a meaning to her life. Later on she learns that helping others makes her happy and that she was blessed with a special power to help loved ones.

Avatar image for tobougg
#10 Posted by Tobougg (56 posts) -

i honestly can't believe that kiddy, teeny bopper music video of a game FF10 actually is the most popular... theres some seriously great characters in the FF series. But the emo retards in FF10 are a joke. Like that idiot with 1 leg shorter than the other on his shorts and a big blond wig and an underwater game that defies the laws of physics... seriously. the world is fucked. it's the same for music. the songs with the least talent or creativeness put in them are the ones that make the most money. 50 million copies of fuckin remixes or other people's songs. or copy paste clone boy/girl band shit. or black guys "speaking" rhyme words about their bitches and ho's and how many people they shot with literally justs a drum machine playing in the background go platinum. Then bands like Biffy Clyro who's struggled for 10 years to become knowns. truely creative people. It's basically, the more stupid and good looking you are. The better your life will be. **** THIS WORLD, IT'S FUCKED. Gangnam Style... jesus H christ jumping on a pogo stick

Avatar image for blamix99
#11 Edited by blamix99 (2685 posts) -

@gamingqueen said:

@blamix99:

This post made me angry I wish I didn't read it ;/ then again everything about video game is making angry these days... except broken age...

My favorite is Terra Bradford. Due to her nature as half human half esper, Terra finds it hard to fit in. She questions her existence and journeys with the others in the game hoping to find a meaning to her life. Later on she learns that helping others makes her happy and that she was blessed with a special power to help loved ones.

sorry.. my post earlier is just what i think of them, but still it doesn't mean i never liked them. them stuff i just posted is the stuff i didn't like about them

Avatar image for Almighty-mints
#12 Posted by Almighty-mints (5036 posts) -

I have a nostalgic attachment to Squall... FFXIII was the first Final Fantasy I played!

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#13 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

Tidus and then Lightning

Avatar image for bowchicka07
#14 Edited by bowchicka07 (1104 posts) -

Ramza Beoulve from FF tactics...Loved his deep conflict with Delita and his quest to overthrow the evil leaders of the church. The game had holy wars, internal conflicts with Ramza and his allies and enemies, and an overall good vs. evil battle in which your characters endures a lot.

@Almighty-mints said:

I have a nostalgic attachment to Squall... FFXIII was the first Final Fantasy I played!

you mean VIII?

@blamix99 said:

Terra is such a drama princess

Cloud has spiky yellow hair with a big sword

Squall is quite and weird

Zidane is small and has a big head

Tidus is noisy and annoying

Yuna became slutty in FFX-2

Vaan is not a good main character, should've been Basch instead of Vaan

hopefully Noctis will be cool

more or less why ramza is my fav.

Avatar image for MadVybz
#15 Posted by MadVybz (2797 posts) -

I like Tidus the most out of the main series. His narration over the course of the events really put things into his perspective.

@bowchicka07 said:

Ramza Beoulve from FF tactics...Loved his deep conflict with Delita and his quest to overthrow the evil leaders of the church. The game had holy wars, internal conflicts with Ramza and his allies and enemies, and an overall good vs. evil battle in which your characters endures a lot.

Also, this. ^

Avatar image for GreySeal9
#16 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

@tobougg said:

i honestly can't believe that kiddy, teeny bopper music video of a game FF10 actually is the most popular... theres some seriously great characters in the FF series. But the emo retards in FF10 are a joke. Like that idiot with 1 leg shorter than the other on his shorts and a big blond wig and an underwater game that defies the laws of physics... seriously. the world is fucked. it's the same for music. the songs with the least talent or creativeness put in them are the ones that make the most money. 50 million copies of fuckin remixes or other people's songs. or copy paste clone boy/girl band shit. or black guys "speaking" rhyme words about their bitches and ho's and how many people they shot with literally justs a drum machine playing in the background go platinum. Then bands like Biffy Clyro who's struggled for 10 years to become knowns. truely creative people. It's basically, the more stupid and good looking you are. The better your life will be. **** THIS WORLD, IT'S FUCKED. Gangnam Style... jesus H christ jumping on a pogo stick

Haha. Cry moar.

Avatar image for GuitarSmash
#17 Posted by GuitarSmash (274 posts) -

Tidus.... dat ending though. Im pretty sure we can all agree that FFX had a powerful ending even if you did not like Tidus.

He had great character development from a snobby jock to an unselfish guardian. But i guess many people got tired of him and was stuck thinking about the first impressions of him in the beginning of the game.

But overall he is my favorite protagonist.