Best Final Fantasy Main Character

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sundayismyDAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Best Final Fantasy Main Character (23 votes)

Firion 0%
Cecil Harvey 4%
Bartz Kauser 0%
Terra Branford 9%
Cloud Strife 22%
Squall Leonhart 9%
Zidane Tribal 22%
Tidus 17%
Yuna 9%
Vaan 0%
Lightning 4%
Noctis Lucis Caelum 4%

All of the protagonists except for the first one.

• 
sundayismyDAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1 sundayismyDAD
Member since 2008 • 438 Posts

I happen to like Tidus the most.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#2 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19509 Posts

Cloud Strife. I think he was the most complex and well-developed protagonist in the series. His 'cloudy' memories and internal 'strife' are partly what made FFVII so interesting for me at the time. And that big reveal about his psychological disorder was one of the most shocking plot twists I remember, definitely the highlight of the game for me, more so than that famous Aerith scene.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

Terra is such a drama princess

Cloud has spiky yellow hair with a big sword

Squall is quite and weird

Zidane is small and has a big head

Tidus is noisy and annoying

Yuna became slutty in FFX-2

Vaan is not a good main character, should've been Basch instead of Vaan

hopefully Noctis will be cool

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#4 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Zidane. He's funny, flirtatious, and friendly, which is a great combination.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@Jag85:

I agree. My 1st FF was FFX but FF7 had such an interesting story and after playing Crisis Core and watching Advent Children, Cloud is definitely up there with Tidus/Auron/Barret/Fang as my favourite of all time.

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

I look at this and I think... I actually liked the secondary characters in these games more.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#7  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19509 Posts

Besides FFVII's Cloud, my next favourite protagonist would probably be Cecil Harvey from FFIV. Despite being from the 16-bit era, he was probably the 'darkest' protagonist of the series... up until FFXV's Noctis (who seems to have a similarly 'dark' vibe). Unlike the later FF protagonists, Cecil is initially a dark knight who wages war, commits theft, and engages in mass-murder, in the name of his kingdom... completely unlike your typical JRPG protagonist. While much of FFIV's plot has now become cliched, Cecil's story of redemption still remains somewhat unique even to this day.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts
Loading Video...

Definitely not Tidus. I like FFX, but I find him to be incredibly annoying.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

@blamix99:

This post made me angry I wish I didn't read it ;/ then again everything about video game is making angry these days... except broken age...

My favorite is Terra Bradford. Due to her nature as half human half esper, Terra finds it hard to fit in. She questions her existence and journeys with the others in the game hoping to find a meaning to her life. Later on she learns that helping others makes her happy and that she was blessed with a special power to help loved ones.

Tobougg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Tobougg
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

i honestly can't believe that kiddy, teeny bopper music video of a game FF10 actually is the most popular... theres some seriously great characters in the FF series. But the emo retards in FF10 are a joke. Like that idiot with 1 leg shorter than the other on his shorts and a big blond wig and an underwater game that defies the laws of physics... seriously. the world is fucked. it's the same for music. the songs with the least talent or creativeness put in them are the ones that make the most money. 50 million copies of fuckin remixes or other people's songs. or copy paste clone boy/girl band shit. or black guys "speaking" rhyme words about their bitches and ho's and how many people they shot with literally justs a drum machine playing in the background go platinum. Then bands like Biffy Clyro who's struggled for 10 years to become knowns. truely creative people. It's basically, the more stupid and good looking you are. The better your life will be. **** THIS WORLD, IT'S FUCKED. Gangnam Style... jesus H christ jumping on a pogo stick

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@gamingqueen said:

@blamix99:

This post made me angry I wish I didn't read it ;/ then again everything about video game is making angry these days... except broken age...

My favorite is Terra Bradford. Due to her nature as half human half esper, Terra finds it hard to fit in. She questions her existence and journeys with the others in the game hoping to find a meaning to her life. Later on she learns that helping others makes her happy and that she was blessed with a special power to help loved ones.

sorry.. my post earlier is just what i think of them, but still it doesn't mean i never liked them. them stuff i just posted is the stuff i didn't like about them

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4b602d21842
deactivated-5d4b602d21842

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d4b602d21842
Member since 2006 • 5036 Posts

I have a nostalgic attachment to Squall... FFXIII was the first Final Fantasy I played!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#13 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Tidus and then Lightning

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

Ramza Beoulve from FF tactics...Loved his deep conflict with Delita and his quest to overthrow the evil leaders of the church. The game had holy wars, internal conflicts with Ramza and his allies and enemies, and an overall good vs. evil battle in which your characters endures a lot.

@Almighty-mints said:

I have a nostalgic attachment to Squall... FFXIII was the first Final Fantasy I played!

you mean VIII?

@blamix99 said:

Terra is such a drama princess

Cloud has spiky yellow hair with a big sword

Squall is quite and weird

Zidane is small and has a big head

Tidus is noisy and annoying

Yuna became slutty in FFX-2

Vaan is not a good main character, should've been Basch instead of Vaan

hopefully Noctis will be cool

more or less why ramza is my fav.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

I like Tidus the most out of the main series. His narration over the course of the events really put things into his perspective.

@bowchicka07 said:

Ramza Beoulve from FF tactics...Loved his deep conflict with Delita and his quest to overthrow the evil leaders of the church. The game had holy wars, internal conflicts with Ramza and his allies and enemies, and an overall good vs. evil battle in which your characters endures a lot.

Also, this. ^

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#16 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@tobougg said:

i honestly can't believe that kiddy, teeny bopper music video of a game FF10 actually is the most popular... theres some seriously great characters in the FF series. But the emo retards in FF10 are a joke. Like that idiot with 1 leg shorter than the other on his shorts and a big blond wig and an underwater game that defies the laws of physics... seriously. the world is fucked. it's the same for music. the songs with the least talent or creativeness put in them are the ones that make the most money. 50 million copies of fuckin remixes or other people's songs. or copy paste clone boy/girl band shit. or black guys "speaking" rhyme words about their bitches and ho's and how many people they shot with literally justs a drum machine playing in the background go platinum. Then bands like Biffy Clyro who's struggled for 10 years to become knowns. truely creative people. It's basically, the more stupid and good looking you are. The better your life will be. **** THIS WORLD, IT'S FUCKED. Gangnam Style... jesus H christ jumping on a pogo stick

Haha. Cry moar.

GuitarSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GuitarSmash
Member since 2013 • 274 Posts

Tidus.... dat ending though. Im pretty sure we can all agree that FFX had a powerful ending even if you did not like Tidus.

He had great character development from a snobby jock to an unselfish guardian. But i guess many people got tired of him and was stuck thinking about the first impressions of him in the beginning of the game.

But overall he is my favorite protagonist.