Are you interested in horror games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for lightning_xiii2
Lightning_XIII2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1 Lightning_XIII2
Member since 2019 • 10 Posts

Do you like discussing horror games?

I have a horror board here if anyone's interested:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

I'm already familiar with GFAQ.

But horror is a loose term.

Survival Horror games? Yes.

Action/ Platformer games with a gothic horror theme? Yes.

Stealth horror games that involve bad stealth mechanics and lurking around walls 95% of the game? hard pass

Lightning_XIII2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lightning_XIII2

It's about all kinds of horror games, any horror game you like can be discussed. I'm personally a survival horror fan with The evil within games and some of the Resident evil games being my favorites.

I'm also a fan of side-scrollers.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#4 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Yes. But I can be pretty selective with what I find "scary." (I guess that's with everyone though.) When playing a horror game, I like the feeling of suspense more than generally just feeling scared. Alien Isolation is a perfect example.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

I like action horror games like FEAR, Cry of Fear, Nightmare House 2. That sort of thing. Not a fan of those horror games where you just run and hide and wait.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ
@speeny said:

Yes. But I can be pretty selective with what I find "scary."

I think a lot of people overlook that not all games related to horror are suppose to be scary. Look at CastleVania series as a perfect example, Devil May Cry is another.

@lightning_xiii2 said:

It's about all kinds of horror games, any horror game you like can be discussed. I'm personally a survival horror fan with The evil within games and some of the Resident evil games being my favorites.

Good taste, TEW and Resi games are some of my personal favorites. However I recommend not using a forum called Games Discussion to tell people to go elsewhere. Not really the purpose.

That's what Off-Topic is for.

I do believe the rules have a no advertising policy here. So keep that in mind dood.

Not a fan of those horror games where you just run and hide and wait.

Agreed, I use to go into ghost houses in amusement parks that enticed me more than Stealth Horror games.

I think my main issue with the Stealth Horror games is the lack of options and having to play in such a linear structure. To beat these games, everyone has to play the exact same way, and normally have to die several times before the player knows the escape route in a map area. To me that's not scary, that's bad game design.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#7 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Well, I have a weak heart ( a real medical condition) so I cannot play really scary games in case I get heart attack.

Bit of a bummer really. Luckily Resis or TLoU arent really scary.

Indeed, I feel the term horror bit too easily given to games. Unless you're genuinely terrified during the game, its not really horror, now is it?

I think Silent Hill and Doom 3 did horror real well. Alien Isolation was more tedious than horrifying...

Lightning_XIII2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lightning_XIII2

@vagrantsnow said:

Not a fan of those horror games where you just run and hide and wait.

I agree. I want to fight and kill!

@RSM-HQ said:

Good taste, TEW and Resi games are some of my personal favorites. However I recommend not using a forum called Games Discussion to tell people to go elsewhere. Not really the purpose.

That's what Off-Topic is for.

I do believe the rules have a no advertising policy here. So keep that in mind dood.

Thanks! And you're probably right. It might be better if I post it there. I noticed this site has very few boards and not even a single board for discussing horror! This is my first time posting here. I'm not familiar with the rules.

@henrythefifth said:

Well, I have a weak heart ( a real medical condition) so I cannot play really scary games in case I get heart attack.

Sorry to hear that.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RSM-HQ

@henrythefifth: You think D00M III, heavily flawed game that repeats the corner Imp spawn over one hundred times has better scares than the two Remake Resident Evil games?

. . .alright.

Lightning_XIII2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lightning_XIII2

@RSM-HQ said:

@henrythefifth: You think D00M III, heavily flawed game that repeats the corner Imp spawn over one hundred times has better scares than the two Remake Resident Evil games?

. . .alright.

I haven't played any Doom games. I'm not a fan of first-person shooters, but I've heard people praising Doom games!

Also, I've played both RE remakes. RE 2 remake was awesome, but the first remake was a pain, especially because of the fixed camera and character movements. I also hate auto-aim (which is inevitable in a game with fixed camera). The ridiculous inventory and lack of autosaves didn't help either. It was really a chore to play. I found it frustrating more than anything else. Haven't played any other fixed-camera RE games.

jamesjandrew80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jamesjandrew80

Survival horror, for sure. Other horror games, well it depends on what it is.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

. . .alright.

I'm talking about Doom 3 on OXB. It was heavily revamped game and much better than the horrid PC version. Still find it great and atmospheric game, and much better than the shoot shoot shoot yawn shoot DOOM on PS4.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RSM-HQ
@henrythefifth said:

I'm talking about Doom 3 on OXB. It was heavily revamped game and much better than the horrid PC version. Still find it great and atmospheric game, and much better than the shoot shoot shoot yawn shoot DOOM on PS4.

Huh? First time I've ever read a D00M be better on console, the P.C. version is one of the most disappointing games I've ever played. And I bought that game at launch just after discovering the older D00M games a year prior_

As for D00M (IV) that's kind of the point in the entire franchise. It's what fans want from those games. You want a good horror experience? you find a good survival horror game. No real shortage at the time (128-bit generation) one could even state that was the high point for Survival Horror. D00M however is one of the founding franchises to the FPS genre. So naturally people just want a good shooter with great level design, DIII offered neither.

D00M 64 in my opinion did the whole Horror'esk atmosphere D00M better than any other game in the series. DIV was just a return to form from UD/ DII. Has horror themes, but is closer to a shotgun power fantasy.

D00M IV was successful because it's the game people wanted. D00M III was a glorified tech demo with terrible game-design.

@lightning_xiii2 said:

Also, I've played both RE remakes. RE 2 remake was awesome, but the first remake was a pain, especially because of the fixed camera and character movements. I also hate auto-aim (which is inevitable in a game with fixed camera). The ridiculous inventory and lack of autosaves didn't help either. It was really a chore to play. I found it frustrating more than anything else. Haven't played any other fixed-camera RE games.

The appeal in the first Resident Evil Remake is it adding the best elements of the older games and ramping it up to eleven.

Fixed cameras are bad, that I agree, clearly originally used as technical limitations. Can create dramatic angles yet doesn't help for gameplay situations. With that stated the level design in ResiRemake is excellent and almost every situation has at least three options to go towards your next objective in the mansion. Which can change greatly your situation.

I also agree shooting or using the knife was never a highlight. the item restrictions however are, realistically we as humans can not carry it all and putting that on the player is a choice, of what to carry and when. Which adds to the tension of self-doubt.

The original remakes strengths to me is its drastic tension/ horror vibes, Crimson Heads and choosing which ones to burn has real weight on your choices. Characters dying which alters your playthrough adds to that choice, and lastly the puzzles, which to me older Resi game bosses are like puzzles, as they have a very clear concept how to come to the conclusion.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RSM-HQ

On a more recent note (keeping that Survival Horror train rollin')

No surprise that Tango GameWorks yet again saved a Bethesda Press Conference from being terrible.

GhostWire Tokyo seems interesting but that trailer honestly did nothing for me. Would love some gameplay

Eitherway I hope Nakamura Ikumi chans first game as director goes well, she has the portfolio to back such a project and Mikami Shinji san seems to believe in her vision. And that worked out well when a different person directed TEW2.

Best of luck you adorable creature.

Lightning_XIII2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lightning_XIII2

@RSM-HQ said:

realistically we as humans can not carry it all and putting that on the player is a choice, of what to carry and when. Which adds to the tension of self-doubt.

The original remakes strengths to me is its drastic tension/ horror vibes, Crimson Heads and choosing which ones to burn has real weight on your choices. Characters dying which alters your playthrough adds to that choice, and lastly the puzzles, which to me older Resi game bosses are like puzzles, as they have a very clear concept how to come to the conclusion.

I agree about the inventory. You can't expect to have an unlimited inventory, especially in a survival horror game, but at least it's supposed to be reasonable, right? RE remake just wastes your time by forcing you to repeatedly go back to the room with the item box and it's just annoying. RE 2 remake does it a lot better. The inventory makes much more sense in that game.

Have you ever played Revelations 2? It has the best inventory system in the series. You can even put an item down and pick it up later if you want to. It's very helpful. I expected RE 2 remake to do the same, but it didn't. Revelations 2 was such a great game. Both Revelations games are fantastic. I believe the first Revelations game is the best in the entire RE series.

I also agree about the puzzles. I personally liked RE remake's puzzles and found them entertaining. They weren't very easy. They weren't very hard either. I liked the puzzles and actually enjoyed them, but unfortunately, puzzles are among the very few things that game did right. The bosses and boss battles were awful (and the camera made them even worse). I liked Lisa Trever, though. I'm also a fan of Crimson heads, but Operation Raccoon city is the game that made the best version of them.

@RSM-HQ said:

GhostWire Tokyo seems interesting but that trailer honestly did nothing for me. Would love some gameplay

Eitherway I hope Nakamura Ikumi chans first game as director goes well, she has the portfolio to back such a project and Mikami Shinji san seems to believe in her vision. And that worked out well when a different person directed TEW2.

No Caption Provided

Hadn't heard of it before! That sounds interesting! I hope it'll be a good game. And Nakamura is the director? She was the concept artist for The evil within. I have some interview videos of her talking about the creatures' design on my board. I can post a link for you if you're interested.

And yes, Mikami wasn't the director of TEW 2, but the game turned out to be great.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RSM-HQ

@lightning_xiii2:

RE remake just wastes your time by forcing you to repeatedly go back to the room with the item box and it's just annoying

Hmm I see your point of view but never gave me much problems. I never for example pick up every herb in an area. As always assumed I would return to that area for it to be useful later. Did the exact same in Resi2Remake. Considering we didn't really get as many slots on Hardcore mode, which to me was more faithful to the original. I dunno. . To me inventory management just is part of the series appeal. I felt Resi5 was pretty simplistic in that area, and too much a departure.

Also worth note you can beat Remake original without ever using an inventory box once.

Have you ever played Revelations 2? It has the best inventory system in the series. You can even put an item down and pick it up later if you want to. It's very helpful. I expected RE 2 remake to do the same, but it didn't. Revelations 2 was such a great game.

Revelations 2 is a great game and enjoy quite a lot about it despite handling really clunky and level design not being that excellent. The drop item mechanic comes from Zero, and was refined in Outbreak. But yes I quite like that they brought back the feature in Revelations. However also still a fan of inventory boxes.

Even then, let's be honest. The coop use in Revelations 2 is pretty awful. One plays as the useful gun-nut, the other points at things and has a boring playthrough. . .

but Operation Raccoon city is the game that made the best version of them.

Will have to agree to disagree on that one. For starters lore-wise crimson heads only existed in the mansion. And that went boom.

I'm glad Capcom didn't continue ORC route for the series. It's just not the same experience (nicely speaking). The fanbase majority agree it's a game better forgotten.

ORC wasn't even a Resident Evil game, was developed by ex-Socom developer. And played like a Socom game.

have some interview videos of her talking about the creatures' design on my board

Actually own a copy of the Psycho Break Art Book. With developer notes from Nakamura Ikumi chan herself. Big fan. I'm assuming it's very similar to what I have already read

However you can share those kind of links I assume. It's game related, and more TEW is never a bad thing in my opinion!

Lightning_XIII2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lightning_XIII2

@RSM-HQ said:

Revelations 2 is a great game and enjoy quite a lot about it despite handling really clunky

I don't understand which part of the game was 'clunky' for you! It played great for me! The game has fantastic mechanics and controls.

The fanbase majority agree it's a game better forgotten.

ORC wasn't even a Resident Evil game

I don't care about what 'the fanbase' say. They also praise a heavily flawed game like RE remake. ORC was a great game with a great atmosphere, very well-designed enemies, bosses, and boss battles. It wasn't flawless, but I played it a lot and enjoyed it a lot and it's among my favorite RE games.

And here are the links:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games/77271846

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games/77271846#3

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RSM-HQ
@lightning_xiii2 said:

I don't understand which part of the game was 'clunky' for you! It played great for me! The game has fantastic mechanics and controls.

Characters have rigid animations for both movement and interacting with the environment which during a few sections can feel less the player faults and more the engine giving the player bad luck, hitbox detection's are odd, and NPCs commonly get stuck in the environments are just some of what I remember at the top of my head.

Weapons also feel like they should have more weight and impact.

I let a lot of this slide simply because Revelations are cheap budget Resident Evil games, and are hardly asking full retail price.

I don't care about what 'the fanbase' say. They also praise a heavily flawed game like RE remake.

It's nice you like it, but what does this statement really tell anyone? don't like classic style Resident Evil so this is good enough for me

Sure, wish I got any form of fun out of Operation Raccoon City. Did not though, it's the third worst game I've played in the franchise. And the series has a few stinkers.

Sure I adore the Remake but I understand how someone could not, and yet mentioned what makes it special. Whether you find that to have any value is subjective, and will vary from Gamer-to-Gamer. We are on something called Games Discussions after all, nothing wrong with having different interests or 'taste' in games.

I would state however if you cannot really mention what makes ORC good outside of "I don't care" you are not really making a good case/ discussion for that game outside of a pretence notion. This is the game I remember, ugly/ glitchy/ barely worked/ long loading screens/ some of the worst movement in a third person shooter/ could go on_

It is clearly a flawed game at anycase. But would gladly read a real rebuttal for why you enjoyed the game. Though if I had to guess you may have already been a Socom fan, so like these kind of experiences?

Even with your issues with Remake, didn't so much change how I see it. Better to see perspectives than force our own taste.

Ignoring the faults with ORC however because you have fond memories with it just leads any communication to a halt. As you notice, despite my love for the Remake, I gladly ripped apart its fixed cameras and combat. That's what one would call a deceive opinion. Even my favorite games I would gladly rip apart mechanically, because no game is really perfect.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10438 Posts
@RSM-HQ said:

Stealth horror games that involve bad stealth mechanics and lurking around walls 95% of the game? hard pass

i hope you're not bad mouthing alien isolation again

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RSM-HQ
@Macutchi said:

i hope you're not bad mouthing alien isolation again

Same as before. And wouldn't say I ever really banged on that particular game, just shared my perspective. Which was mixed. Fallout 3 I believe is the game I've openly called garbage that you enjoy, and will have to tell you not going to change. It just took fans till FO76 to notice the decline in quality.

Back to A:I probably the highest I've praised a Stealth Horror game. Sure more a hide n' seek kind of game than the survival experience that usually grabs me. Though at least I accept it has a certain appeal, and as time went on saw it as the standard of that kind of horror experience.

Just doesn't fit what I want from a game, and even then I saw it to the end (eventually). After I gave it a second chance. And I look back at it with more positive than negative.

For what Alien: Isolation is designed to be, is a very good product. The QTE ending and overuse of robot which drags the pacing is a downer, and yet has clever radical A.I. which I always approve. As well as a level of polish not found in the other Outlast games/ clones.

Cannot think of a game based on a movie franchise at the top of my head with this attention/ and faithfulness to detail either. For fans of the movies it probably gets bonus points because of that. I admit (and probably did back then) I don't care much for the movies, but the accuracy to those movies is very noticeable.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10438 Posts

@RSM-HQ: i was only playing with you dude. i'm glad you enjoyed it a little more upon second play. it is a game of hide and seek. but for someone like me, who gets deeply immersed in the atmosphere, the most terrifying game of hide and seek i've ever played! but it's an acquired taste, no doubt. i did enjoy f3 back in the day but it was one of those good-at-the-time kind of games. hope you're doing well by the way

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Macutchi:

i was only playing with you dude

I know. Tend to ramble and miss jokes when I'm stuck on the train. Nothing more really.

Wouldn't call my first try a 'playthrough' more of two hours calling it "not my survival horror" haha. And that was a very dismissive attitude to have. Once I took it more for what it is, it was something I could at least appreciate.

hope you're doing well by the way

Thanks. You as well dood.

Just tired. Mixing e3 hype with work is not a good combo. lol

Lightning_XIII2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lightning_XIII2

@RSM-HQ said:

Characters have rigid animations for both movement and interacting with the environment which during a few sections can feel less the player faults and more the engine giving the player bad luck, hitbox detection's are odd, and NPCs commonly get stuck in the environments are just some of what I remember at the top of my head.

Weapons also feel like they should have more weight and impact.

I let a lot of this slide simply because Revelations are cheap budget Resident Evil games, and are hardly asking full retail price.

I don't understand any of these! The game played great for me! It has one of the best mechanics and controls, far better than 'full budget' titles like RE 5 and RE 6 which had some big flaws. The Revelation series is amazing and the first Revelations game is the only 10/10 game in the entire series, flawless.

I would state however if you cannot really mention what makes ORC good outside of "I don't care" you are not really making a good case/ discussion for that game outside of a pretence notion.

I think I already did:

ORC was a great game with a great atmosphere, very well-designed enemies, bosses, and boss battles.

It also has some really nice, memorable, and atmospheric soundtracks. The monster design is great. The bosses and boss battle designs are fantastic, from every aspect. The Crimson heads are far better than the ones in RE remake. The game also has very high replay value.

And I never said it was flawless. I mentioned it had some flaws before. I personally didn't feel comfortable performing melee attacks, so I totally forgot about the melee, pretending it doesn't exist! And I didn't like the fact that you couldn't carry more than two guns and one of them had to be a pistol which has never been my weapon of choice.

The main protagonists were unrelatable and forgettable too. I also experienced some crashes and unresponsiveness when using some special abilities.

And you're not the only one saying they experienced glitches in the game. Some others said that too, but I don't remember encountering any of those funny glitches people talked about. The loading screens weren't long either. And the framerate wasn't 60 all the time, but it was fine and felt quite smooth. I played on PC, though. I also don't know a game named 'Socom'.

@Macutchi I like your profile picture!

Avatar image for adamlimbrent660
adamlimbrent660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By adamlimbrent660
Member since 2019 • 12 Posts

I really like horror games!!! Here is the best list I believe https://bestgamingthings.com/list-of-the-best-horror-games-2019/. Do you know any other cool horror games?

Lightning_XIII2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lightning_XIII2

@adamlimbrent660 said:

I really like horror games!!! Here is the best list I believe https://bestgamingthings.com/list-of-the-best-horror-games-2019/. Do you know any other cool horror games?

The Evil within games and the Resident evil Revelations series are my favorite. Little nightmares is also a cool horror side- scroller.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#26 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58960 Posts

Absolutely, but not the youtube fodder ones with no gameplay where people just walk around and over-react under the impression it's comedy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1dcd6d28677
deactivated-5d1dcd6d28677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-5d1dcd6d28677
Member since 2019 • 15 Posts

The Resident Evil series sucks now. The recent games actually feel like bad parodies now, or those cheap-rate indie horror games that flood Steam and all that jazz. The same can be said about Silent Hill, after Team Silent stopped producing them, and also Shinji Mikami would not have ruined Resident Evil like Capcom has, had he remained an employee. After all, he created it. He has however, been doing a fine job with The Evil Within. Although that's a great IP in its own right, I do miss Shinji being with Capcom.

I'm also tired of the self-contained plot aspects in the franchise. Even if they re-use the classic characters such as Jill and Chris, they throw in all this new stuff that normally goes nowhere. But I probably shouldn't use the word "normally" here, because I know this happens all the time. Nothing gets resolved, ever. When a new game comes out, it's the same thing. The tactics are the same. It really just ends up a mess, quite honestly. Instead of sticking to one plot, they add in new things, and it ultimately gets ignored anyway. Then a new game comes out, and... I think you get the point. They've been doing this ever since 2005.

Do you remember back in 2000, when Wesker was supposedly involved with a group called the HCF? They're the people responsible for taken Steve Burnside's body away. What the heck happened to that story? In Resident Evil 5, he only really had Excella helping him, besides the villagers, and that was it. He was merely using Jill like a puppet, but yeah, she counts too. Again, it's like Capcom just makes stuff up, that goes nowhere at all.

Also, Chris Redfield looks stupid now. He doesn't look like the age he is meant to be, for a start. His voice actor and model, is quite frankly, just lame. It's like he has somehow aged backwards. I'm not sure how old he was in Resident Evil 6, or even the recent CGI movie he was in with Leon and Rebecca, but in 7: Biohazard, he basically looks like a generic soldier with no real Chris like persona. I'm sorry, but it's no wonder I complain so much about these games.

By the way... I thought it was stupid how Zoe's uncle Joe just punches the monsters, and punches boarded up entranceways. Like, what the hell? Are you kidding me? Who does he think he is? But kudos to Capcom for trying something kind of new-ish in the franchise. But come on. A guy now doesn't need to use a gun to eliminate these creatures. He can just Bruce Lee every walking turd monster. Really!?

Not even Chris can do that without shooting them first. This is why I look at games like this, and just see them as ridiculous. Capcom is only doing this for the money, and then you have to buy the rest of the game, unlike in the days of earning unlockables and you know? Getting a full game for your money. Why is Capcom outsourcing everything anyway? It's dumb.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44171 Posts

I like some. Resident Evil games are my favourite but I do also enjoy The Evil Within, Alan Wake, and Silent Hill.

Lightning_XIII2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lightning_XIII2

@petersurvivor99 said:

The Resident Evil series sucks now. The recent games actually feel like bad parodies now

Have you played RE 2 remake?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1dcd6d28677
deactivated-5d1dcd6d28677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d1dcd6d28677
Member since 2019 • 15 Posts

Yeah. I thought it was good, but I think the original is heaps better in just about every way there is. Maybe not graphically, of course, but everything else is how I see the story.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DoomNukem3D
Member since 2019 • 445 Posts

I like Horror games such as System Shock 2, Sweet Home, and if it counts Blood. No game really scares me (some can make me tense up) but I like horror atmosphere. A lot of survival horrors that I've played are plagued with poor puzzles though.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

On a more recent note (keeping that Survival Horror train rollin')

No surprise that Tango GameWorks yet again saved a Bethesda Press Conference from being terrible.

best of luck you adorable creature.

I think the trailer was good in its own right, but I do agree that when it comes to getting me interested in a game a CGI trailer doesn't do much.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

My favourite horror games apart from classic survival horror with fixed camera are the hide seek ish ones

The likes of Amensia Dark Descent, Outlast and Penumbra Dark Plague are some of favourite horror experiences.

I think that the feeling your no match for the emenies adds to the fear, Silent Hill games have done this well over the years were you can engage in combat but more often than not you loose more than you gain or die.

I enjoyed Alien Isolation to a point, the game was to long and eventually I lost interest.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I enjoyed resident evil 1-3 and the silent hill series. Fatal frame was good on the Wii u that sadly nobody played.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RSM-HQ
@PernicioEnigma said:

I think the trailer was good in its own right, but I do agree that when it comes to getting me interested in a game a CGI trailer doesn't do much.

Well I base a heavy amount on Tango GameWorks always showing a flashy CGI trailer which also has gameplay clips in it, they did this for both The Evil Within (Psycho Break) games, and the DLC expansions.

Loading Video...

GhostWire Tokyo reveal was clearly rushed to give Bethesda a better image considering they've been lacking with titles like Fall Out.

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GettingonwithGamingLife
Member since 2017 • 277 Posts

I mean what counts as a horror game. Bloodborne is an ARPG horror game, it gives me the creeps still and TLOU is survival horror. I like light horror elements blended with story and gameplay

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

Sadly, this is a 2 month old thread.

Locked.