Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#51 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@warmblur: btw warmy, what you think of this?

Loading Video...

Followup to one of the best game of all time. pioneer of immersive sim. and this one looks very intelligent.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#52 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

@warmblur: Stalker 2 has nothing to do with microsoft. Its self publish game that rewuired budget less than most AAA games. Metro has always been nichie series. Same goes to Hitman. It has nichie audience compare to something like Assassisns creed.

Doom is AAA series but its not in a league in your typical sony games or COD/BF when it comes to popularity.

You should really play VR man most of the games are in first person and it's extremely immersive something flatscreen gaming can't touch and it's very niche and not mainstream.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:

@warmblur: Stalker 2 has nothing to do with microsoft. Its self publish game that rewuired budget less than most AAA games. Metro has always been nichie series. Same goes to Hitman. It has nichie audience compare to something like Assassisns creed.

Doom is AAA series but its not in a league in your typical sony games or COD/BF when it comes to popularity.

You should really play VR man most of the games are in first person and it's extremely immersive something flatscreen gaming can't touch and it's very niche and not mainstream.

most of VR games are pretty bad and best one Half life alyx is only good because its spinoff of best FPS franchise.

flatscreen FPS or first person games in general are enough for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Loading Video...

Followup to one of the best game of all time. pioneer of immersive sim. and this one looks very intelligent.

Looks ok I guess I like the atmosphere.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:
@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Loading Video...

Looks ok I guess I like the atmosphere.

This is the game that give birth to Bioshock, Dead space and Prey. and its getting reboot/remake.

I consider Bioshock and Dead space both a dumbed down System shock 2 since bioshock was walking in straight line and Dead space was third person. Prey 2017 is only game that capture spirit of SS2.

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#59 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts

There used to be a time when certain genres were oversaturated. FPS being the prime example. Now it seems like the whole industry is oversaturated with games. And that doesn't include past games.

Right now, in theory, is the best time to game. The idea that you can transform your phone into a little handheld games machine playing SNES games and have 100 games downloaded onto it, would blow the minds of the kids back in the 16bit era who are now adults and say gaming peaked back then.

There is a huge library of games that people can play for free in the form of emulation. Then there is GOG and other websites offering classic games for low prices. Getting peoples attention is harder than ever. The "free to play games" on PS4 are excellent tbf.

In regards to innovation, it does happen, but not on the level of say the 32 bit era and never will until there is innovation in the way we play games, more on the hardware than software front. Sony is going in the right direction with their new controller. Gaming as it is now, playing with a simple controller and TV has peaked. That's why there are so many remakes and remasters.

With Sony making new AAA games $70, it's probably good news for the Indie market. That is where the innovation is, they have been innovative to grab peoples attention. But now they'll stand out even more with the price tag.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:

most of VR games are pretty bad and best one Half life alyx is only good because its spinoff of best FPS franchise.

There's actually a lot of good stuff in VR these days. Sure, there's a ton of shovelware too but it's not like the early days where you got "experiences" that would barely qualify as a game were they not in VR. I could list a ton of really solid VR titles that I put a fair amount of time into but that's not really the topic of this thread.

@warmblur: So my question is, what kind of games do -you- like? Indie gaming doesn't mean you're limited to 2d platformers or 8-bit style graphics as it might have in the past. Some of the best games I've played in recent years were Kickstarter funded.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@Byshop said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:

There's actually a lot of good stuff in VR these days. Sure, there's a ton of shovelware too but it's not like the early days where you got "experiences" that would barely qualify as a game were they not in VR. I could list a ton of really solid VR titles that I put a fair amount of time into but that's not really the topic of this thread.

@warmblur: So my question is, what kind of games do -you- like? Indie gaming doesn't mean you're limited to 2d platformers or 8-bit style graphics as it might have in the past. Some of the best games I've played in recent years were Kickstarter funded.

Open world games mostly crime type like GTA,Mafia, Sleeping Dogs etc.. I like FPS shooters, third person games, extreme sports games although they don't make them much anymore stuff like Tony Hawk and the SSX series. I also like fighting games but mostly just Mortal Kombat these days I like VR to but don't play as much as I use to.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#62 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I would say yes, because I experience more frustration in dealings such as DLC, unfinished games, microtransactions, live services, etc., than just having plain fun with my games. I still enjoy gaming a lot, though, but I think it peaked for me with PS3/Xbox 360.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@warmblur: Open world genre is oversaturated although i agree on theres. not enough crime open-world games. Only liked Mafia 1 and 2 among these.

If you like FPS, I cant see how can Stalker 2, System shock, Deathloop, Atomic hearts, Dying light 2, Shadow warrior 3 cant impressed you unless you like military shooters which I always disliked.

Even theres also next IGI coming next year which might fit your criteria my friend due to being sandbox realistic shooter. FPS is only genre that offers much variety. Most of good FPS come from mid tier developers.

Third person genre is another oversaturated. During 7th gen it was FPS but now third person and open world took place.

Also in terms of fighting games theres.more variety now. Although I only liked street fighter 5 due to nostalgia and injustice only because of dc heroes maybe.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts
@warmblur said:

Open world games mostly crime type like GTA,Mafia, Sleeping Dogs etc.. I like FPS shooters, third person games, extreme sports games although they don't make them much anymore stuff like Tony Hawk and the SSX series. I also like fighting games but mostly just Mortal Kombat these days I like VR to but don't play as much as I use to.

Open world is kind of like co-op. It's something that I thought I wanted to see more of until developers started clumsily shoe-horning it into every game and making them worse as a result. Open world is great when it's done well, but when it's not it pads a game unnecessarily.

Subnautica is a survival open world game from a few years that's actually really good. On the surface (pun!) it looks like just any generic survival game set in an ocean instead of on land but once you make some real progress there's actually a pretty decent narrative that unfolds that adds a lot to the game.

Greedfall is an RPG that came out a few years ago. It's not quite open-world but it's very large. The maps are comprised of zones that are connected by travel points/fast travel, but the zones are huge so the game has a very open world feel to it. Other than that it's a very standard western-RPG style in the vein of Mass Effect or Skyrim. Not quite as good as either of those but a pretty solid game if you like RPGs at all.

Extreme sports games have indeed fallen out of favor. Outside of VR you don't see that many games like SSX anymore which is a shame.

Fighting games there are tons but it's just a question of which kinds of fighting systems you like (anime fighters, Neverrealms-style animation, 2d, 3d, 2.5d).

VR has been a blast lately but again that's a platform vs a genre. Sniper Elite VR just came out and it's pretty decent for what it is. TWD Saints and Sinners was great. Until You Fall is a pretty fun rogue-like.

@ghosts4ever said:

@warmblur: Open world genre is oversaturated although i agree on theres. not enough crime open-world games. Only liked Mafia 1 and 2 among these.

If you like FPS, I cant see how can Stalker 2, System shock, Deathloop, Atomic hearts, Dying light 2, Shadow warrior 3 cant impressed you unless you like military shooters which I always disliked.

Even theres also next IGI coming next year which might fit your criteria my friend due to being sandbox realistic shooter. FPS is only genre that offers much variety. Most of good FPS come from mid tier developers.

Third person genre is another oversaturated. During 7th gen it was FPS but now third person and open world took place.

Also in terms of fighting games theres.more variety now. Although I only liked street fighter 5 due to nostalgia and injustice only because of dc heroes maybe.

1st and 3rd person aren't really genres, so much as formats. The same goes for open world. Any combo of these traits can be shooters, RPGs, horror, etc (although "open world" horror is pretty rare).

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Watch_My_6
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

Your best days of gaming are over, yes.

Someone else's has just started.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@Watch_My_6 said:

Glad I had it better then them poor bastards.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts
@warmblur said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

I feel like this as well many times these days. Poor idiot young gamers out there now thinking gaming is so wonderful in this age with its season passes, microtransactions, always-online garbage, politics, and watered-down content compared to my childhood of the N64 and Gamecube times. And seeing how hard these shills defend the bad practices these video game companies continue to exhibit is hilarious and sad at the same time.

Thankfully, there are the indies. Glad to see some people understand what it takes to make a good video game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@poe13 said:
@warmblur said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

I feel like this as well many times these days. Poor idiot young gamers out there now thinking gaming is so wonderful in this age with its season passes, microtransactions, always-online garbage, politics, and watered-down content compared to my childhood of the N64 and Gamecube times. And seeing how hard these shills defend the bad practices these video game companies continue to exhibit is hilarious and sad at the same time.

Thankfully, there are the indies. Glad to see some people understand what it takes to make a good video game.

It sure is man its no wonder why the industry is in the shitter.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur:

Loading Video...

Another AAA PC exclusive coming this year.

"but but but AAA PC exklusive no longer exist since Crysis 2007"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@ghosts4ever said:

@warmblur:

Loading Video...

Another AAA PC exclusive coming this year.

"but but but AAA PC exklusive no longer exist since Crysis 2007"

Why do you get so triggered? didn't know you where a RTS guy good for you but not my cup of tea. Anyways no need to get so upset it's just video games. Anyways just a FYI when I talked about AAA PC exclusives it was always about FPS and TPS.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@warmblur: Thats console gamers mindser lol. RTS dont count. RTS are AAA. Infact age of empire is publish by microsft. I dont care game is exclusive or not. Its good then good. Bad then bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@ghosts4ever said:

@warmblur: Thats console gamers mindser lol. RTS dont count. RTS are AAA. Infact age of empire is publish by microsft. I dont care game is exclusive or not. Its good then good. Bad then bad.

Then why did you post that company of heroes 3 trailer? also I never said RTS don't count and wasn't AAA like I said it was always about FPS and TPS for me.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Then why did you post that company of heroes 3 trailer? also I never said RTS don't count and wasn't AAA like I said it was always about FPS and TPS for me.

but my friend gaming doesnot revolve around only AAA games. if that was the case i would have quit it long ago lol.

BigCat2K20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#74 BigCat2K20
Member since 2004 • 426 Posts

@warmblur: There are video games are worth playing. You just have to do some searching. As for microtransactions, it's meh & nobody's forcing anybody to buy them (there's a reason why you, I & rest of the gaming community have an choice on to buy or not).

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Its good to see so many indies trying things different gamepass allows indi devs to take more risks.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#77 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@warmblur said:

In the last few years the gaming industry has become more greedy then ever. On top of that there's not many risk in the AAA market and the games all feel samey nothing really stands out as unique or exciting and less SP games then ever before. All these trash GaaS games and worthless 4V4 gimmick games that are only design to drain your wallet with microtransactions. I know gaming is a business obviously but it's just absurd and comical how these publishers milk everything they can. I still think there will be good games to come out of course it's not all doom and gloom but it's a far cry from what it use to be.

PS: I don't care about indy games just saying.

In all honesty, i don't think less good games are being made. I think more games are being developed than ever before, and a lot of them are not for you.

Or at least, the developers are targeting different audiences.

There are much more people playing games nowadays then there was a few decades back. More people mean different tastes.

I don't think monetization schemes are ruining triple-a games, either. If anything, the cosmetics-only format for microtransactions is very healthy for most multiplayer games.

Things are changing, and there are more people making more content, for more audiences.

We just have to get used to it.