Cboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53 Cboy95
Member since 2017 • 180 Posts

But how do those games stack to the popularity of say, Overwatch and Fortnite as mentioned before?

Avatar image for jenfortnitelife
Jenfortnitelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 Jenfortnitelife
Member since 2018 • 10 Posts

It's not that he's dying it's just that the popular streamer streams multi games. So it's normal for multiplayer games to be more prominent than solo games

Rob27shred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Rob27shred
Member since 2012 • 73 Posts

Nope, single player games are not going anywhere, much to the chagrin of companies like EA, Activision, etc. I honestly believe the "Single player games are dying" myth is perpetuated by these bigger video game production companies because they have seen how much they can monetize multiplayer games. It's more what the corporate side of making videos games wants to happen than what is really happening.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@Rob27shred said:

Nope, single player games are not going anywhere, much to the chagrin of companies like EA, Activision, etc. I honestly believe the "Single player games are dying" myth is perpetuated by these bigger video game production companies because they have seen how much they can monetize multiplayer games. It's more what the corporate side of making videos games wants to happen than what is really happening.

Companies with the funding can frame opinions to their liking by clever marketing. When I say 'clever marketing' I think people assume I mean advertisements with gingles. No I mean being friendly to journalists, maybe even out right paying them, molding public opinion via being the in back ground for opinion pieces.

It becomes far more clear that something is going on when you game outside of those AAA forumlas and start to notice that what the narrative is that you hear is almost always pure bullshit...like 'single player games are dying' when in fact its actually just the opposite, just maybe not in the AAA universe

davidmajdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 davidmajdi
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

no way

Steve5XG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Steve5XG
Member since 2018 • 180 Posts

I believe single games are atemporal, just because people is getting used to playing alone, it's easier than meeting some friends diary. For example, these days I'm just playing new Tomb Raider and all the craft experience is simply amazing. You can even make your own arrows, and that's pretty cool.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Simple answer, no.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I've been hearing a lot of talk about multi player experiences are slowly fading, especially when recently Sony are not adding a multi player mode in God of War, and games like Spiderman, Breath of the Wild, and Divinity Original Sin 2 are becoming incredibly popular. I want to know what you think of this?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

OP brings up 4 games. Obviously SP games are on their way out.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#62 GNS
Member since 2015 • 921 Posts

They are not dying, but the developers want more money, and that more money is either in loot-boxes, but it's being frowned upon (see Dutch case where it is attributed to on-line gambling) or in multiplayer, where you can buy skins and/or gear for real world money instead of having to grind for them. Of course, there are those developers who put these features in SP games as well (Ubisoft for example), but if you do not need them, don't use them.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

I have been playing all the yakuza games which have amazing single player. I also picked up fist of the north star which looks really good.

I do not believe single player is dying on the PS4. My friends tell me to build a PC so I can play multiplayer with them, but I really do not enjoy multiplayer gaming because it is not immersive enough and I prefer to play a game which has a really engaging story.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 GNS

@joen: I rather pirate than buy something from G2A (majority of content is money laundering schemes)

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TryIt

@gns said:

@joen: I rather pirate than buy something from G2A (majority of content is money laundering schemes)

how would that money laundering work exactly I wonder

or was that just a non-well though out random insult because you where bored?

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 GNS

@tryit: seriously? From stolen credit cards people buy-up CD-keys in countries where they are cheap and sell them on G2A. Look it up.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TryIt

@gns said:

@tryit: seriously? From stolen credit cards people buy-up CD-keys in countries where they are cheap and sell them on G2A. Look it up.

yes 'seriously' I dont even know what the **** 'G2A' even is for christ sake.

what you are describing however is not money laundering.

so like I said, given that money laundering is a specific thing, I think you just pulled out a random financial negative because it felt good

money laundering is to take money gotten illegally (not credit...actual money) and make it look legal by transferring it among companies.

So buy X for Y dollars, sell X to your other company for y(x10)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@tryit said:
@gns said:

so like I said, given that money laundering is a specific thing, I think you just pulled out a random financial negative because it felt good

money laundering is to take money gotten illegally (not credit...actual money) and make it look legal by transferring it among companies.

Money laundering is the generic term used to describe the process by which criminals disguise the original ownership and control of the proceeds of criminal conduct by making such proceeds appear to have derived from a legitimate source.

The processes by which criminally derived property may be laundered are extensive. Though criminal money may be successfully laundered without the assistance of the financial sector, the reality is that hundreds of billions of dollars of criminally derived money is laundered through financial institutions, annually. The nature of the services and products offered by the financial services industry (namely managing, controlling and possessing money and property belonging to others) means that it is vulnerable to abuse by money launderers.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By TryIt

@boycie said:
@tryit said:
@gns said:

Money laundering is the generic term

no its not.

its a specific process of cleaning money that is dirty. its not a general term, other than among the ignorant

if I steal from a bank its not called 'money laundering' as example.

even if you commit financial fraud it very well could not be 'money laundering'

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@tryit said:
@boycie said:
@tryit said:
@gns said:

no its not.

its a specific process of cleaning money that is dirty. its not a general term, other than among the ignorant

They were not my words, I copied and pasted that from this website

https://www.int-comp.org/careers/a-career-in-aml/what-is-money-laundering/

Facts.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TryIt

@boycie said:
@tryit said:
@boycie said:
@tryit said:

no its not.

They were not my words, I copied and pasted that from this website

https://www.int-comp.org/careers/a-career-in-aml/what-is-money-laundering/

Facts.

stealing money is not 'money laundering'

committing financial fraud is not 'money laundering' in of itself

'money laundering' is taking money (not credit) from illegal gains and 'cleaning it' so that it is legitimate, he was using the term randomly as I had said.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By GNS

@tryit: yes, credit card money is not actual money, yes, it's monopoly money. You can't purchase anything with it. No, no...

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By TryIt

@gns said:

@tryit: yes, credit card money is not actual money, yes, it's monopoly money. You can't purchase anything with it. No, no...

money laundry is taking money (not credit) gotten illegally and 'cleaning it' to make it look legit. it is NOT stealing credit cards.

I thought this was extremely common knowledge

also as a side note, how is other people stealing credit cards to then use on a site evidence that the site is doing illegal activities? wouldnt it be the people who stoled the credit cards?

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 GNS

@tryit: sigh* read again, they steal the credit cards, then USE THE MONEY ON THEM TO PURCHASE the CD-Keys in the countries were they are cheap, and then re-sell the stolen keys on G2A. Of course the stealing of the credit card is not money laundering.

No, shit, Sherlock, of course the people are doing illegal activities, not the site. But as the site owner you are responsible for what's going on your site.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TryIt

@gns said:

@tryit: sigh* read again, they steal the credit cards, then USE THE MONEY ON THEM TO PURCHASE the CD-Keys in the countries were they are cheap, and then re-sell the stolen keys on G2A. Of course the stealing of the credit card is not money laundering.

No, shit, Sherlock, of course the people are doing illegal activities, not the site. But as the site owner you are responsible for what's going on your site.

I dont know what 'G2A' is so I am confused when you say 'they steal credit cards'

are you saying G2A steals credit cards? who is 'they'?

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 GNS

@tryit:

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TryIt

@gns said:

@tryit:

that doesnt help your position remotely.

anyway...it clear my orginal assetment was correct.

its not 'money laundering' it might be crime of some kind but its not specifically 'money laundrying'

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By GNS

@tryit: it's position to your fucking inability to read what is being written and then ask stupid questions. I write that people steal credit cards, use their money on cheap cd-keys and then re-sell them on sites like G2A, and than you ask: "So, hurr durr, does the G2A steal cards, I don't understand, hurr durr". Yeah, you don't understand, cause you're a fucking retard.

Oh, and by the way, look up money laundering + credit card theft.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TryIt

@gns said:

@tryit: it's position to your fucking inability to read what is being written and then ask stupid questions. I write that people steal credit cards, use their money on cheap cd-keys and then re-sell them on sites like G2A, and than you ask: "So, hurr durr, does the G2A steal cards, I don't understand, hurr durr". Yeah, you don't understand, cause you're a fucking retard.

1. that is not money launderying

2. how does that make G2A the criminal.

look follow along, if someone steals my credit card and uses that credit card to buy gas at Walmart, Walmart is NOT committing 'money laundering' because of it.

its not a crime to be knowledgeable, use your bad asssery no noneness awesomeness in the correct direction, not the stupid direction. If people would spend the same amount of energy as they do REFUSING to be knowledge to instead have a clue they would not have to work so hard at it.

Theman2131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Theman2131
Member since 2018 • 18 Posts

These are only a few examples. While I agree that it is becoming a more "connected" world on video games, there are still a lot of games that require to be story driven. I do not think that they will ever be completely phased out.

Cboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Cboy95
Member since 2017 • 180 Posts
@joen said:

hello guys! in this webside you can buy the newest games cheaply. Page is 100% legit + hight promotions for all.

https://www.g2a.com/r/loverpat

That is completely off-topic.

heljar75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 heljar75
Member since 2008 • 82 Posts

@tryit: It's not a specific process. Money Laundering is whatever means you use to disguise the actual source of the money. You can buy property and sell it to others, you can transfer it through various companies, you can buy and sell Bitcoin etc. etc. g2a might be innocent in all this.

Wecica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Wecica
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

I only like single play games.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 TryIt

@heljar75 said:

@tryit: It's not a specific process. Money Laundering ...

absolutely positively completely wrong.

sstealing a credit card is NOT Money Laundering.

but its good to know that if you were to watch a very simple show like Ozarks you would be completely lost because the director assumes people know the basics.

You would also be completely lost being informed about Trumps wealth.

'Money Laundering' does have a specific meaning

its taking money gotten illegally and CLEANING IT to make it look legal.

I thought everyone knew this

muppetrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 muppetrat
Member since 2018 • 10 Posts

I find the game solo is much more immersive and interesting scenaristically.

So depending on the experience you want, the solo will always be popular, but the multiplayer is an equally interesting mode if you like competition, team play, strategy.