Any Different Role Playing Games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheStickMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TheStickMafia
Member since 2011 • 868 Posts

Less voilent settings, and more realistic, with quests that involve something else than hunting and fighting. And it has to be for PC.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#2 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
Well you have the Harvest Moons, but those are on GBA, NDS, PS2 and GC. The one that most fits your discription is probably Recettear, for PC.
Dezuria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Dezuria
Member since 2003 • 741 Posts
Well if you don't mind older games, give Planescape: Torment a try. it's on GOG.com You could also try the Gothic and Risen games. They have fighting, but the quests are very open ended.(many different solutions, talking, killing, stealing.)
thegroveman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 thegroveman
Member since 2012 • 123 Posts
[QUOTE="Dezuria"]Well if you don't mind older games, give Planescape: Torment a try. it's on GOG.com You could also try the Gothic and Risen games. They have fighting, but the quests are very open ended.(many different solutions, talking, killing, stealing.)

Saw the thread and immediately thought of Torment, so I echo this. It's $10 on GoG and well worth it.
Peazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Peazo
Member since 2004 • 171 Posts

Personally I cannot reccommend Legends of Grimrock for the PC enough. It's £10 and harks back to one of my early RPG favourites - Dungeon Master. Fiendish puzzles, tough enemies and for an indie game is one of the most refreshing first person games to come out for awhile. I don't tend to write reviews, but for me this a wonderful piece of gaming. It's a pity Gamespot haven't reviewed or commented on it as it really deserves some attention.

http://uk.gamespot.com/legend-of-grimrock/user-reviews/791956/platform/pc/

Also agree with the Planetscape Torment advice. Worth checking out System Shock 2 for some sci-fi RPG adventures.

biswarupg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 biswarupg
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Planescape Torment and Ultima 8 Pagan are two different type of RPGs you may like. Both are available on GOG.com.

biswarupg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 biswarupg
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Also check Guild series games.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#8 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

Probably those social sim type RPGs, such as Persona and Sakura Wars.