Absolute Worst Rated Game u r PROUD to own?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 multiplat
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

title says it all.

so as not to overlook something YOU value

jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jsh020
Member since 2010 • 1168 Posts

ive noticed the games alot of peole hate end up actualy being good,

for fan rebuttle

FFXIII(one of the best rpgs ive played since FFX and grandia 2)

resistance 2(i hate shooters but thought this game was fun)

gta 4

for critical and fan rebuttle

dawn of mana

infinite undiscovery

kane and lynch 1 and 2

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

for fan rebuttle

gta 4

dawn of mana

infinite undiscovery

kane and lynch 1 and 2

jsh020

Neir, I guess story, characters, and sound mean nothing to reviewers, but they mean alot to me.

Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

The Neverhood. Panned by reviewers because it requires keeping a VERY detailed outside journal/notebook of random things you notice in the game, and is unfairly designed. I loved it, though. Once I dug out the notebooks Dad and I kept when we were trying to beat it and I was like 6 or something, it only took me two hours to finish. The only adventure game I've ever enjoyed.

Nooberman2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nooberman2k
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts

Deadly Premonition. I remember reading a review giving it 2/10 talking about the story being entertaining but everything else letting it down. I decided to overlook shoddy controls and archaic design decisions and picked it up for £15. Utterly adored it.

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

Oblivion. The game might as well be rated 1/10 for all the hate it receives here. People fail to see just how ambitious the game is compared to even Morrowind and compare the graphics as though they were released in 2010 and not 2006.

Moo-Moo-Milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Moo-Moo-Milk
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts
Graffiti Kingdom. Picked it up after watching an old review of the game on Judgment Day.
JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
based on GS ratings, probably The Legend of Dragoon. I really enjoyed it though.
locknload17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 locknload17
Member since 2010 • 166 Posts

In terms of Review Scores, particularly the Gamespot Review:

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (Gamespot gave this a 7.7. It is one of my favorite RPGs of the past decade 2000 - 2009, definitely the most atmospheric.)

In terms of reception from gamers on forums and the amount of hate it seems to get on forums:

Grand Theft Auto IV (my favorite GTA game in the series next to Vice City)

Tribes Vengeance (great SP campaign, it was from the same developers that made Bioshock, Tribes Vengeance was released in 2004, in a year that was already crowded with quality shooters, and T:V still stood out for it's great single player campaign. If there was any mistake this game made was putting the word "Tribes" in the title, since it was very different from what series fans had wanted...particularly a multiplayer focuses game. It's a shame we'll never get a sequel to the story.)

cprmauldin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 cprmauldin
Member since 2009 • 1567 Posts

Two Worlds :)

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Dark Void. It's got a 59/100 Metacritic score and I had tons of fun playing it.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Advent Rising got a 5.7 here, I think, but I find it to be a really great game.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Oblivion. The game might as well be rated 1/10 for all the hate it receives here. People fail to see just how ambitious the game is compared to even Morrowind and compare the graphics as though they were released in 2010 and not 2006.

cyborg100000

Are you being sarcastic? Oblivion is one of the most fan-adored RPG's of all time, and a critical darling as well.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

Turok! I just love dinosaurs. Also Aliens vs. Predator. Just a big fan of that universe and I thought it was pretty good fun.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts

Deadly Premonition. I remember reading a review giving it 2/10 talking about the story being entertaining but everything else letting it down. I decided to overlook shoddy controls and archaic design decisions and picked it up for £15. Utterly adored it.

Nooberman2k
Deadly Premonitions has got to have the most polarizing reviews from critics for a game that I've seen. Either way, I thought it was a blast to play as well. Another game that I own and liked was Battlezone Rise of the Black Dogs for the N64. I remember that got hammered by a few critics.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#17 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

From the critics: Mercenaries 2: World in Flames. Yes, it was buggy and the story and voice acting were mediocre, but it was a lot of fun to play.

From gamers: Far Cry 2. Fantastic game. One of my favorite shooters. Resistance 2 as well, it beat Fall of Man in every way.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Alpha Protocol, Kane and Lynch 1 (not 2), The Saboteur, just to name a few.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="cyborg100000"]

Jbul

Are you being sarcastic? Oblivion is one of the most fan-adored RPG's of all time, and a critical darling as well.

No he isn't. Oblivion is also one of the most-hated games of all-time. There are A LOT of people who just can't get into it. That would include me. I hate it with a passion. So there you go. At least I'm willing to admit it. And it starts with the gawd awful engine...
momentum_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 momentum_god
Member since 2011 • 779 Posts

Lair, the game was great once you learned the controls one of my favorites the only snag is learning the controls is really hard

5UPERMARIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#21 5UPERMARIO
Member since 2006 • 1204 Posts

Splatterhouse got horrible reviews and I loved it.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I don't feel like going through all my games to see the ratings, but usually games from NIS don't get high score even though they're my fav. games. Also the Warriors series gets horrible scores even though I love them (just plated DW7 today btw ^^)

Edit: i just saw that I can sort the games. The worst rated game I loved to play is Hyperdimensional Neptunia, got a 3.0, plated it, can't wait for HN2

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Probably Sonic Unleashed. I have no idea how it got a 3.5 on Gamespot. That's lower than Sonic 06. How on Earth can it be worse than Sonic 06? I loved Sonic Unleashed, it should've been game of the year for 2008. (Either that or Tales of Vesperia.) But still, Sonic Unleashed isn't nearly as bad as most people make it out to be. Sure the nighttime stages were boring, but they grow on you. But the daytime stages were so much fun, they made up for the fact that playing as the werehog felt like a chore.

Lex224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lex224
Member since 2007 • 225 Posts

Fantastic 4 for PS1. On here it got a 4.3 but I actually love it. Not sure why it didn't come with any kind of save/password feature but it makes it quite a challenge to get through and it's great with 2-4 players also.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

Splatterhouse, Alpha Protocol, Bullet Witch, Deadly Premonition (My 2010 GOTY along with Heavy Rain), Nier, The Last Remnant (I own both the PC and 360 versions), Infinite Undiscovery, Clock Tower, Phantasmagoria, Clive Barker's Jericho, Calling, Epic Mickey and Medal Of Honor (It may be short and flawed but the atmosphere and game mechanics are pretty cool).

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Dance Dance Revolutio Mario Mix, it sucked, but I have it!

Oh, and Super Mario Sunshine. I absolutely loved that game, and fail to see why others hate it.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#27 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
Probably this game.
evil_angel74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 evil_angel74
Member since 2007 • 988 Posts
Team Buddies. 4.8 here on GS. But I love it. Loved it back in the day when it came out and just picked it up really cheap, really good condition as well. As for fan's opinions, I guess Final Fantasy VIII could be in the running. Everywhere I go it seems to be one of the most hated FF games, and definitely the most hated PS1 FF. I absolutely adore it though. It was my first FF and my brother got it for me for my birthday. Even if the plot kind of fizzles out around disc 3, it's still one of my all time favourites.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#29 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Alpha Protocol, Deadly Premonition, Risen, Metro 2033

Melkari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Melkari
Member since 2004 • 595 Posts

The Xenosaga series I guess. It didn't get bad reviews really, but it was pretty much hated by the general gaming community as well as hated by pretty much the entire Xenogears fanbase for not being Xenogears 0, ultimately failing horribly on the third entry saleswise and ultimately getting cancelled. Pretty much no one liked it. I loved it, especially Episode III.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

Big Rigs, because i was able to pick up a physical version. Its nice to say you own the worst game ever made.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#32 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

game reviews are generally very high in ratings. its pretty rare that i feel a game is horribly underrated in terms of reviews (overrated is another thing completely, but im sure there are bazillions of "overrated" threads), so mine will be pretty weak:

madworld got great scores in multiple major review sources. however, it got a 7.5 here which isnt quite the glowing review i would have given it. oh yeah, i went there :P

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

NIER. One of the best games I own & I'm definitely proud I own it. Best OST & story this generation in my opinion. I'm so glad I managed to find out about it & bought it regardless of the little attention & poor reviews. It makes me wonder how many other amazing games I've missed because of this.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
The thing with me is, I don't just stick with the main titles all year around (for example this Christmas I will probably get something like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Saints Row 3 and Tomb Raider... you get the idea), I like to go back and get the games I never had the chance to play (as I am sure a lot of other people do as well :)). Some of these games include: BlackSite: Area 51 TimeShift King Kong (although I have had it on the PSP since release, only just got it on the Xbox 360) WET Stranglehold Dark Void Wanted: Weapons of Fate Also, the following are guilty pleasures because I really enjoy WWII FPS games and never get bored of them: Hour of Victory Battle for the Pacific Out of those games listed the most, I think that everybody should check out TimeShift as it is probably one of the more unique FPS games and WET for a game that could spawn a many sequels and possibly something more (such as movies etc.) because the main character is what makes this game what it is, to be honest. Some people also disliked DRIV3R, Driver: Parellel Lines, The Getaway and The Getaway: Black Monday but I had soo much fun on these games! DRIV3R may not be perfect, but I actually find the challenging difficulty to make the game a lot more fun as it feels like you accomplish something when you do a VERY hard mission. The Getaway is just beautiful and it's a fantastic game. Many a hour were wasted playing the stories OVER and OVER again and on free roam. I played these perhaps as much as the GTA games! :D.
Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts

Anything made by Koei.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

bd

It has got to be one of the buggiest, worst controlling games I've ever played. For some reason I had a good time with it, from time to time--even realizing it was pretty bad. I don't remember it's release date, but I want to say it pre-dates any GTA.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

bd

It has got to be one of the buggiest, worst controlling games I've ever played. For some reason I had a good time with it, from time to time--even realizing it was pretty bad. I don't remember it's release date, but I want to say it pre-dates any GTA.

Heirren

According to gamespot:

Release Date: Sep 30, 1998

And score of 7.0by gamespot.

Ian_K2772

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 Ian_K2772
Member since 2010 • 812 Posts

R.U.S.E.'s story is bad, the voice acting is horrid, the music is okay, and the rest of the game is AMAZING! Even though it scored a 7 here on GS, I'm proud to be a R.U.S.E. commander.

Jack_240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#39 Jack_240
Member since 2009 • 522 Posts

for fan rebuttle

gta 4

dawn of mana

infinite undiscovery

kane and lynch 1 and 2

jsh020

funny, earlier today I met a guy in college and I told him that FFXIII is one of the best RPG games I've played and then he started saying "you're not true FF fan" although I've been with the series since 7 and went back to play 3 on DS which is clearly FF1 lol

I don't understand the hate on this game.

well, here's my list.

Demon Souls, I found this game really fun, but seeing some players' reviews in this site saddens. They actually hate the game for being hard and cluncky in controls..

Killzone 2, well, there are people who like this game and I like it for its realism aspect, the way you're carrying your gun and it actually has a weight. But people started calling it the PS3's halo... -_-

Again with FFXIII, a game that sold 5.5 M for the name and then getting the same treatment as X with a direct sequel ..? how's that a disappointment? of course they tried something new and failed miserably, but I like new and fresh ideas.

Nooberman2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nooberman2k
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts
Noticing a few Alpha Protocol mentions on here. I'd forgotten how much I'd enjoyed that game, very disappointed that there won't be a sequel. Same for Jericho for that matter.
Rev3nger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rev3nger
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
Mario Kart 64 comes to mind
planetjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 planetjumper
Member since 2010 • 638 Posts
Oni for pc- thought it was cool at the time Command and Conquer Renegade-I loved it for a while Postal 2-9 years old when i bought the game, found it to be hilarious Tactical Ops:Assault On Terror-fun when i wasnt in game cafe's playing 1.6
LankyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LankyKong
Member since 2011 • 2678 Posts

Splatterhouse, Dante's Inferno, Mercenaries 2, Deadly Premonition.

bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#44 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
Neir, I got it not really expecting much because of all the bad reviews. But in the end I found it to be a great game, one with great and interesting characters. As well as an emotional story which I liked very much.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Not much of a low rated game but Nier did have some really low scoring reviews. When I played it, I thought it was one of the best games I've played that year.
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

Die Hard: Vendetta.

Love it, everyone else thinks its terrible, got bad reviews...but I think its really fun.

Psycoholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Psycoholic
Member since 2004 • 171 Posts
I have Drake of the 99 Dragons which has a 22 out of 100 and is one of the reasons I bought it.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

im about to beat the pants off all suggestions before me.. code of honor the french foreign legion, conspiracy island & desperate measures

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
too human. Although it did actually get some good reviews.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

Die Hard: Vendetta.

Love it, everyone else thinks its terrible, got bad reviews...but I think its really fun.

23Jarek23
That's definitely one of the games I wish I had a PAL Xbox for.