TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts

There you go. Which FF game did you find the hardest to complete? Please tell why.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
Final Fantasy I on hte NES - the attack air glitch. Highest level was 50. Couldn't care any more than 50 potions. Very high encounter rate. Loing dungeons with no save points. No healing item better than a potion, which means they are useless by about level 15
Sprigain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Sprigain
Member since 2006 • 3575 Posts
FF 5 for me the opponents were just so tough it was hard to train, you didn't gain much exp from battles either
Platin_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Platin_ghost
Member since 2006 • 620 Posts
FFVIII - Junction system suxx!
Geitsau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 Geitsau
Member since 2006 • 94 Posts
FFVI. I still remember the horrors of the flying continent(or whatever it was called)... And leveling was such a slow and painful task.
IAMSHAWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 IAMSHAWN
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
Final Fantasy XI, hands down..the grind is so annoying.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
FF II, but the old FFs were all pretty hard.
-Masterchef-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 -Masterchef-
Member since 2007 • 10244 Posts
FFX
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
FF5, I just don't seemto level as much asI do in other Final Fantasies, and I don't even want to talk about the last boss:|. Also, I find that FF5's bonus dungeon isMUCH harder than 4's and 6's (unlike 4's and 6's, I still haven't gone through the bonus dungeon andbeaten theboss within, FF5's is just way too big and confusing and full of really tough monsters).
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#12 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts

FFX-Masterchef-

hmmm....Final Fantasy X was the easiest in my opinion. I would say V and VIII (VIII because of some of the optional bosses )

VanCraSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VanCraSh
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yeah X is the easiest... i think I and V would be the ones that gave me the most hard time (I still remember how I screamed everytime i got killed) and by the time i played those games, i still didnt understand english (i was about 11), so it was kinda hard gettin through the game...lol
Ebi_Furya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#14 Ebi_Furya
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

III on the NES (the DS version just seems easier to me so far...) followed by V gave me the biggest challenge. I never could beat the end boss on III, even with decent levels. And on V, I had to go back and do some massive training beforeI could beat it.

IV was no problem. VI was tough in parts, but not bad. VII was easy to beat (with the exception of Ruby / Emerald) as was VIII if you mastered the Junction system and kept your levels low. IX had its challenges, but still seemed easy. Damage Limit Break ruined X, although it's still an easy game even without using it. XII had some very tough optional bosses, but even they were quite beatable.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Amnesiac23
Yeah, I have to agree (knew I was missing something) with you Ebi_Furya. I think that FFXII had some tough ones. And quite frankly the toughest Final Fantasy in years. lol
Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shekb
Member since 2005 • 13506 Posts
I believe Final Fantasy was the hardest of the bunch
ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ThreeVo
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts

Actaully if you check up on it.... Through expirenece ff1 was very frustrating. but if youve ever played the original japanese versoin of ff 4 on the snes, u will understand no forgivness.. that is the truth, to this day i havent found a harder ff game, now the amrican ver. of ff4 (2 on snes) was average, not too hard, not too easy. If u want a chalange go pick up a copy of ff chronicles (chrono trigger and ff4) wich contains the japanese ver. trust me... teh majority of u will swallow your words.

X was cake for whoever said that was a hard ff game, 8? r u seroius? get to level 100 in disc one and slay the storyline in 30 hrs, and there are plenty of cheap exploits if ur smart that willgarantee ur success with any sideboss. That applies to 7 as well. 9 really didnt have core challange at all, but rather had annoying fetch side quests and random encounter side quests that helped u out with ozma but for the most part that game was straight forward, unless u went for excal. 2, by reaching hades b4 15 hrs. Completly and absolutey usless unless ur a perfectionist but even that is just a waist of time, epecially when the max sinlge shot damge in the game was 9999, wich u could deal with regualer mp atk blows if u play ur cards right or with stiners shock(rendering vivi usless post game).12 was pretty much in the right place, same with 6(almost flawless if ya ask me).

But like i said, and im not going to brag, but im an exceptional ff player and im telling u FF chronicls (ff 4) is the hardest, period.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Amnesiac23
I wasn't talking about Final Fantasy VIII as a whole. Just that one side level (optional bosses). Final Fantasy IV was hard, but it's all a matter of opinion which is the hardest. Everyone plays the games differently. Kind of like everyone has their favorite Final Fantasy, it can never be a fact about which one is the hardest. Just opinion.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NWA_31

Actaully if you check up on it.... Through expirenece ff1 was very frustrating. but if youve ever played the original japanese versoin of ff 4 on the snes, u will understand no forgivness.. that is the truth, to this day i havent found a harder ff game, now the amrican ver. of ff4 (2 on snes) was average, not too hard, not too easy. If u want a chalange go pick up a copy of ff chronicles (chrono trigger and ff4) wich contains the japanese ver. trust me... teh majority of u will swallow your words.

X was cake for whoever said that was a hard ff game, 8? r u seroius? get to level 100 in disc one and slay the storyline in 30 hrs, and there are plenty of cheap exploits if ur smart that willgarantee ur success with any sideboss. That applies to 7 as well. 9 really didnt have core challange at all, but rather had annoying fetch side quests and random encounter side quests that helped u out with ozma but for the most part that game was straight forward, unless u went for excal. 2, by reaching hades b4 15 hrs. Completly and absolutey usless unless ur a perfectionist but even that is just a waist of time, epecially when the max sinlge shot damge in the game was 9999, wich u could deal with regualer mp atk blows if u play ur cards right or with stiners shock(rendering vivi usless post game).12 was pretty much in the right place, same with 6(almost flawless if ya ask me).

But like i said, and im not going to brag, but im an exceptional ff player and im telling u FF chronicls (ff 4) is the hardest, period.

ThreeVo

Actually, the fact that you get less experience doesn't make it any harder, just more frustrating. If you took your time to level up, it wouldn't be that difficult.

In FFVIII, however, it doesn't matter if you are level 100 or not. Omega Weapon can still pwn you in a matter of seconds, now THAT's what I call hard. It's just my opinion, though.

ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ThreeVo

Well just to let u know, lesser exp is not the only thing present in the *** ver. of 4, the monsters are significantly stronger and there turns come much faster..

Now if ur having trouble with omega wep. then i dont know what to tell u man............ he has a one shot atk no matter what u do will kill u(the gf trick doesnt work) u simply have to use ur holy wars at the right time, lol u made a comment about frustrating? a boss that disragards any form a strategy or strenghts that u and ur party setup have, with an atk that will elimintate u unless ur lucky to use the holy wars at the right time, that has noithing to do with gamplay skill sir..... that.... is frustrating, not challanging...

ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ThreeVo

I wasn't talking about Final Fantasy VIII as a whole. Just that one side level (optional bosses). Final Fantasy IV was hard, but it's all a matter of opinion which is the hardest. Everyone plays the games differently. Kind of like everyone has their favorite Final Fantasy, it can never be a fact about which one is the hardest. Just opinion. Amnesiac23
Im not trying to offend anyone but the truth is that the *** ver. is harder in all aspects, its not a matter of opinion unfortunaltey, they said it themselfs.(SE that is)

The monsters are almost 50% stronger and the hidden atb gauge of the enemiesis ALMOST twice as fast and they reward u with less amount of exp and lootas opposed to the amer snes ver. the proof is in the pudding

Avatar image for TheHeartofaLion
TheHeartofaLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheHeartofaLion
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts
XII was fairly challenging for me. It was definately harder than VII, VIII, or X (The easiest). I haven't played IX, XI, or any pre-Playstation FFs, but many say that those are the hardest. Plus Yiazmat didn't make XII any easier.
OpalDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OpalDragon
Member since 2003 • 51 Posts

Final Fantasy XI, hands down..the grind is so annoying.NeoGen85

I agree, FFXI. It takes so long to level, getting just one job to level 75 is a pain. And there are 15+ jobs in the game... There is so much to do, and half the content is "End Game" -- you need a level 75 character and party to participate in, that much of the game I haven't even seen yet.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NWA_31

Well just to let u know, lesser exp is not the only thing present in the *** ver. of 4, the monsters are significantly stronger and there turns come much faster..

Now if ur having trouble with omega wep. then i dont know what to tell u man............ he has a one shot atk no matter what u do will kill u(the gf trick doesnt work) u simply have to use ur holy wars at the right time, lol u made a comment about frustrating? a boss that disragards any form a strategy or strenghts that u and ur party setup have, with an atk that will elimintate u unless ur lucky to use the holy wars at the right time, that has noithing to do with gamplay skill sir..... that.... is frustrating, not challanging...

ThreeVo

Yeah, but at least FF4 is possible to beat, correct ? Unlike Omega Weapon...but then again, I never played the Japanese version of FF4, so I don't know...

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

[QUOTE="NeoGen85"]Final Fantasy XI, hands down..the grind is so annoying.OpalDragon

I agree, FFXI. It takes so long to level, getting just one job to level 75 is a pain. And there are 15+ jobs in the game... There is so much to do, and half the content is "End Game" -- you need a level 75 character and party to participate in, that much of the game I haven't even seen yet.

Yeah, I don't care what anyone elsehas said!A RPG is a RPG! The Final Fantasy genre is a RPG. You can play straight through each one with no real difficulty. Considering that Final Fantasy XI is a MMORPG; I still believe that it is the hardest Final Fantasyin existance right now. It is apart of the original/main franchise which we all forget. Leveling is a pain! And of course the only way to advance through the storyline is being at a appropriate level. Themore levels you gain the harder it is to act alone in dangerous situations. And even group confrontations become overwhelming sometimes. Not to mention once you reach the level to use a main and subjob it can become tedious to maintain them so you can be at your 100% in a group. The true expert FF player has at least suffered through this. rofl

Tharx75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#26 Tharx75
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts

I believe that XI is the hardest because it involves the trust you put into other players to do their job, which totally sucks most of the time.

Disregarding XI and its uniqueness in the Final Fantasy family, I'd have to say that V is the one that gave me the most trouble.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Amnesiac23

[QUOTE="Amnesiac23"]I wasn't talking about Final Fantasy VIII as a whole. Just that one side level (optional bosses). Final Fantasy IV was hard, but it's all a matter of opinion which is the hardest. Everyone plays the games differently. Kind of like everyone has their favorite Final Fantasy, it can never be a fact about which one is the hardest. Just opinion. ThreeVo

Im not trying to offend anyone but the truth is that the *** ver. is harder in all aspects, its not a matter of opinion unfortunaltey, they said it themselfs.(SE that is)

The monsters are almost 50% stronger and the hidden atb gauge of the enemiesis ALMOST twice as fast and they reward u with less amount of exp and lootas opposed to the amer snes ver. the proof is in the pudding

I'm not offended. Don't get me wrong. I was just stating that Final Fantasy IV (japanese) or not is not as hard as some others. I personally found the Japanese version of Final Fantasy III insanley hard. :P

Ebi_Furya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#28 Ebi_Furya
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

ThreeVo

I've played all three versions of IV (SNES / PS1 / GBA) and I stick by my words that even the harder version of the game isn't that bad. No, you don't get as much experience and the battles move faster, but that just makes it more exciting and enhances the gameplay experience imho.

ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ThreeVo
[QUOTE="OpalDragon"]

[QUOTE="NeoGen85"]Final Fantasy XI, hands down..the grind is so annoying.NeoGen85

Yeah, I don't care what anyone elsehas said!A RPG is a RPG! The Final Fantasy genre is a RPG. You can play straight through each one with no real difficulty. Considering that Final Fantasy XI is a MMORPG; I still believe that it is the hardest Final Fantasyin existance right now. It is apart of the original/main franchise which we all forget. Leveling is a pain! And of course the only way to advance through the storyline is being at a appropriate level. Themore levels you gain the harder it is to act alone in dangerous situations. And even group confrontations become overwhelming sometimes. Not to mention once you reach the level to use a main and subjob it can become tedious to maintain them so you can be at your 100% in a group. The true expert FF player has at least suffered through this. rofl

I would have gladly aggreed with this being the Hardest.... but even though it bears the final fantasy name, its a different game in its own. and mmo rpg to be exact. Judging a games difficulty by the shear randomness of other actual players is an unfair judgment. I have a freind who plays with 5 of his personal real life freinds, and that makes his gamplay experience a LOT less frustrating, it just all depends.

And for the record i quit wow as of last week(70 tauren war. Berial)to go back to ff 11 until SC2 comes out and the mysterious new mmo rpg by SE. I know the level iof frustration of ff11, some days u would log on and be on for about 3 hours and not have any "luck" with getting a party going in dunes or quafim early on. But hense the word luck, imo a game that strongly relies on luck (if ur playing alone) to reward u and allow u to advance does not count. Some days theres a party just looking for a blm, some days not.... u have to hope unkless ur have a very dedicated linkshell, and then u have to hope that everyone in the group has a dedicated amout of time there able to spend playing, it veries incredbly. Does this make it necesarily harder thenWoW?not exaclty, it all depends on ur freinds and contacts, skill is not included for the most part until ur 75....

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TaCoDuDe

I agree with the above post. Other people's shortcomings shouldnt be attributed towards the games "hardness".

Out of the ones I've played, V has been the most difficult. But I expect Tactics for the Playstation to be harder, from what I've read.

Sonic_Wolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#31 Sonic_Wolfe
Member since 2007 • 281 Posts

Well once again basing my answers on both the core storyline and completely clearing the game.

The hardest FF for me without the extras was FFVIII, God damn that Ultimecias castle! Grrrrrrr.....but to clear completely I found FFVII hardest despite it bein the easiest to finish sans extras, lol....go figure!

ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ThreeVo

I agree with the above post. Other people's shortcomings shouldnt be attributed towards the games "hardness".

Out of the ones I've played, V has been the most difficult. But I expect Tactics for the Playstation to be harder, from what I've read.

TaCoDuDe
I could see that, but tactics is only hard to those who've never played a strategy rpg like that. Personaly, tactics is my favorite and it was the first strategy grid/turn based rpg ive ever played b4, i didnt run into much hardship, imo the challenge was just right.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

All FFs are manageable if we build are characters well, but if all things have been done, I think, (excluding FF11 coz I haven't tried it), FF Tactics is the hardest in the sense that at max level and with best equipment, regular monsters can easily destroy your group if youare not careful. Well, FFT is not really a mainstream FF.

For the mainstream FF, I think FFIII (NES) [and the the frist 2 NES FFs) are the hardest.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Amnesiac23

All FFs are manageable if we build are characters well, but if all things have been done, I think, (excluding FF11 coz I haven't tried it), FF Tactics is the hardest in the sense that at max level and with best equipment, regular monsters can easily destroy your group if youare not careful. Well, FFT is not really a mainstream FF.

For the mainstream FF, I think FFIII (NES) [and the the frist 2 NES FFs) are the hardest.

Fantasy_Gamer

hmmm...good point. I think that it might be the leveling up systems of some FFs that make it hard for some people. Not the fighting and monstersthemselves.

ff-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ff-gamer
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts

i would think that final fantasy 8 is the hardest final fantasy as there is so much to do and the fights start off harder then most and get harder still especially when you try to get odin and tonberry GF's there are things not mentioned in the game like how to get the tonberry GF which is by killing 100 tonberry's in the time limit and could only be found out by the guide which makes the game very entertaining and surprising if you do not know how to get it but do so i say tht this Final Fantasy is the hardest yet

Sonic_Wolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#36 Sonic_Wolfe
Member since 2007 • 281 Posts

i would think that final fantasy 8 is the hardest final fantasy as there is so much to do and the fights start off harder then most and get harder still especially when you try to get odin and tonberry GF's there are things not mentioned in the game like how to get the tonberry GF which is by killing 100 tonberry's in the time limit and could only be found out by the guide which makes the game very entertaining and surprising if you do not know how to get it but do so i say tht this Final Fantasy is the hardest yet

ff-gamer

I dont think they ever put much clues in the games as to where and how you get what, so they either expect us to spend a long time invrstigating, or much of SEs revenue comes from their official game guides they kno most if not all of us will buy sooner or later. I always finish an FF on my own first time around, then clear it completely the second, with the guide; that way third, fourth times I play it etc I can do it solely to enjoy the story, but yeah FFVIII was hard....and loooooong!

droge085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 droge085
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts
FFVIII was challenging in a fun way. FFIV sometimes trips me out.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Amnesiac23

Im the same way, I play it through the first time and then buy the strategy guide for it. For a couple reasons, 1, I like to have that info when I write an editorial on Final Fantasy,which bosses are in which games ect. But I don't qoute or anything from the guides. Just like to know some general info about how many bosses and stuff are in the game. Good for whenI was doing Summons 101, because I knew when that summon first came into FF and it's attacks. But that's all I used for those. The rest was reserch.But it was still a big help knowing that stuff instead of trying to remember. 2nd of all, it's good to have when I go back for the secrects) *EDIT* HERE IS HOW THE POST IPOSTEDEARLIERWAS SUPPOSED TO BE. Sorry GS screwed something up

Gameslayer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 Gameslayer3
Member since 2006 • 19915 Posts
ff c.c
Rocket1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rocket1988
Member since 2004 • 52 Posts
FFVI was a pain in the ass cuz of the flying continent part for me, but tactics was also very hard.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

FFVI was a pain in the ass cuz of the flying continent part for me, but tactics was also very hard.Rocket1988

I never have that many problems with VI. The only FF's that challenge me is FF1 on the NES (which is funny, because it's extremely easy on Dawn of Souls), FF5, and FF12 was pretty tough in the beginning.

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TaCoDuDe

FFVI was a pain in the ass cuz of the flying continent part for me, but tactics was also very hard.Rocket1988

Hm, I didnt find that part too difficult. Might be because I tend to overlevel a bit though...

Im finding FFV to be relatively challengin, at least harder than VI was.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Amnesiac23

[QUOTE="Rocket1988"]FFVI was a pain in the ass cuz of the flying continent part for me, but tactics was also very hard.TaCoDuDe

Hm, I didnt find that part too difficult. Might be because I tend to overlevel a bit though...

I overlevel too. So I found FFVI to also be easier than FFV. FFV was HARD because you had to level up a LOT. But it made it really rewarding when you defeated a difficult boss.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 fs_metal

[QUOTE="Rocket1988"]FFVI was a pain in the ass cuz of the flying continent part for me, but tactics was also very hard.TaCoDuDe

I am sure that, by the end ofh te tghe game, the encounter rate will make you pull out your hair.
ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ThreeVo

Fantasy_Gamer

! its the towering king that overlooks all.... and makes sure that darn stream is flowing... lol jk

its mainstream in my book

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 fs_metal
Everything Final Fantasy is mainstream
Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shekb
Member since 2005 • 13506 Posts
True, but the mainstream of Final Fantasy games are the ones with a number in it

FFT is not that well known compared to others like FFVII or FFX
Some don't even know it exists
ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ThreeVo

Some one even told me "hey there makinga new final fantasy game for the psp, its gana be like a grid based stratgame, a prequel to ff tactics advance, im hoping there gana explain ffta a little more in it"

Thats when i told him to never touch a rpg ever again in is life. And that goes for everyone who doesnt know fft existed b4 the upcoming psp port. lol