Flipyap28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Flipyap28
Member since 2008 • 3865 Posts

There has to be something everyone hates whether its the characters (vann, edward etc) or a status ailment which they wish never existed...

The thing I hate is they design status ailments, some games (like pokemon...LOL) make it so that you can come out of things like confusion after a certain amount of time with at least being able to do one attack etc or pokemon can sleep but when they wake up they at least get a go before going to sleep again.

Final Fantasy (X) on the other hand can result in 10+ minute (easy) battles where your one character left is confused and yor opponents only throw magic spells at you meaning you are stuck in it, and whenever you come out, you get confused again..grrr..

So what does everyone else hate? I know we all love Final Fantasy but there has to be something you dont like...

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 ktulu007
Member since 2004 • 41725 Posts

Things that I hate about Final Fantasy part 1.

FFI: There's no characterization, there are just character classes that define the characters as a result your party is composed of depth-less characters and it makes the storyline suffer. 

FFII: The gimmick about learning new terms and using them in interactions is pointless. You don't even need it to progress in most cases, and having to actually control the interaction is just stupid since you can't change the story based on your involvement anyway. 

FFIII: The overall plot is recycled. Go after the crystals, I wonder where I've seen that before (FFI). 

FF Mystic Quest: The whole game is a let down. It's far too easy, the story is poorly written and the characters are flat. It's like they made this game to be a children's introduction to Final Fantasy. 

FFIV: I have several complaints about this. First off Cecil changing class, you have to do it and he sucks as a Paladin. He was much better before. Rydia's rapid aging. It doesn't make sense, it goes past suspension of disbelief to rampant stupidity. The revolving door of party members. Why can't you just pick the characters in your party instead of having them randomly change without getting any choice in the matter? 

youngsexynerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 youngsexynerd
Member since 2008 • 873 Posts
i hate that they keep remaking older final fantasys for the nintendo d.s. i wish they would remake them for ps2 or ps3, that would be cool!
fffan9391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fffan9391
Member since 2007 • 4967 Posts

I hate how in FFVIII you can't switch Squall out of your party. I try to get every body balanced and Squall is level 100 while everyone else is like level 50, which means the bosses are difficult because their levels increase as yours do, which is another thing I hate.

I also hate how they left out all of the important summons in FFXII in favor of naming them airships. Yes, I know they're in Revenant Wings.

That's all I can think of right now.

fffan9391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fffan9391

FF Mystic Quest: The whole game is a let down. It's far too easy, the story is poorly written and the characters are flat. It's like they made this game to be a children's introduction to Final Fantasy.

ktulu007

Sorry to double post, but you do know that FF Mystic Quest is called Final Fantasy America in Japan, right? It was made because they thought that Americans were too stupid to complete a regular Final Fantasy. That's why it's so easy. They even dumbed down the difficulty of the original FFIV (FFII on SNES) for Americans. (I'm American by the way, and I'm not trying to insult anyone)

Flipyap28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Flipyap28
yep fffan is right, japan saw themeselves at the time as the hardcore players with no one else coming close to them
Z_XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Z_XIII
Member since 2009 • 102 Posts
I hate that fake save point after you defeat Yuffie in FFVII. When you go to it and try to save your game, Yuffie runs away and steals from you, very annoying...
sk84uhlivin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sk84uhlivin
Member since 2009 • 1393 Posts

I hate how in FFVIII you can't switch Squall out of your party.

fffan9391

Interchangeable with Cloud in VII, no? 

fffan9391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fffan9391
[QUOTE="fffan9391"]

sk84uhlivin

You can't take Cloud out of your party either, (*slight spoiler ahead?*) but there is that part where he has amnesia (*end of spoiler*), and that's pretty late in the game, but unlike Squall, I actually like Cloud in my party and your levels don't change the levels of the bosses in FFVII, except for Safer Sephiroth.

ExireHG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 ExireHG
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts
[QUOTE="fffan9391"]

sk84uhlivin

Actually I disagree. FFVIII is a very different game. It's played off of stats a lot more, the game can be much more difficult when one character like Squall is insanely over leveled. The other characters in your team suffer. The general idea is to keep a low to mid level through most of the game. So really, if you play VIII like VII, or any other RPG for that matter, you could get screwed over if you don't know what your doing. Easily solved by killing Squall off and letting the other two characters level, but still really annoying. FFVII is a ton more forgiving in that regard. FFVIII is just a lot more of a technical game, if you choose to play it that way. Took me awhile to learn, but through at least half the game I card my enemies instead of actually fighting them. Putsy, but oddly enough I tend to enjoy the game better.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say what I hated about FF. Besides Squall always being in the party of course. Drawing in FFVIII was a pain, especially if your preparing early. Not such a big deal if your casually playing through the game though. I hated that FFXII got rid of the classic summons. Of course, there were a lot of things I hated about that game too, haha. I hated the idea of X-2...and FFXI. FFX ended almost perfectly...why? I hate the final bosses that seemingly come out of nowhere, like Necron or Yu Yevon. And last but certainly not least, I hate Rikku. She was bad in the original, I was floored that she actually got worse in X-2. I didn't think it was humanly possible. Well...I was obviously wrong, wasn't I? XD

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

I hate some of the characters and their voices or the way they act...

fffan9391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fffan9391

Something new: I hate how in X-2 that you can only get 100% completion if you join the Youth League (I think, it might be New Yevon), I hate watching all those CommSphere scenes, and I hate Sphere Break, especially against Shinra.

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ktulu007
Things that I hate about Final Fantasy part 2

FFV: I've seen this plot at least twice. Why couldn't they come up with something new?

FFVII: Who gave Cid dialogue? Seriously he's freaking obnoxious. And why does Cait Sith have to exist? Couldn't they have done the same thing that they do with Cait Sith without giving you a useless character?

FFVIII: The characterization gets thrown completely out in the third disc. Why create the characters if you're going to butcher the characterization anyway? Couldn't they have done it consistently? The plot is really stupid, seriously who thought that that was good writing?

FFIX: Some of the cut-scenes were way too long. We got this game to play, not watch. 

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

1. EDWARD.

2. Sleeping while standing.

3. Battle system of FF12. 

sk84uhlivin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sk84uhlivin
[QUOTE="sk84uhlivin"][QUOTE="fffan9391"]

fffan9391

You can't take Cloud out of your party either, (*slight spoiler ahead?*) but there is that part where he has amnesia (*end of spoiler*), and that's pretty late in the game, but unlike Squall, I actually like Cloud in my party and your levels don't change the levels of the bosses in FFVII, except for Safer Sephiroth.

True, all I was saying is that you cannot switch Cloud out of your party. 

fffan9391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fffan9391
^Yeah I realized that afterwards.
game-dna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 game-dna
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I hate the malboro (king malboro ) monsters in the games. And i hated Yuffie and cait sith in FF7.

But by far FF7 was one of the better ff's 

Flipyap28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Flipyap28

I hate the malboro (king malboro ) monsters in the games. And i hated Yuffie and cait sith in FF7.

But by far FF7 was one of the better ff's 

game-dna

Same, I hate malboros, theres only too many status ailments you can defend yourself from

Avatar image for A_Fading_Scream
A_Fading_Scream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 A_Fading_Scream
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts
Things that I hate about Final Fantasy part 2

FFV: I've seen this plot at least twice. Why couldn't they come up with something new?

FFVII: Who gave Cid dialogue? Seriously he's freaking obnoxious. And why does Cait Sith have to exist? Couldn't they have done the same thing that they do with Cait Sith without giving you a useless character?

FFVIII: The characterization gets thrown completely out in the third disc. Why create the characters if you're going to butcher the characterization anyway? Couldn't they have done it consistently? The plot is really stupid, seriously who thought that that was good writing?

FFIX: Some of the cut-scenes were way too long. We got this game to play, not watch.

ktulu007

wys every1 hatin on cait sith, admitedly, I didnt use him tht much, but i liked him and his limit breaks...Cid was kule aswell...

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ktulu007
[QUOTE="ktulu007"]Things that I hate about Final Fantasy part 2

A_Fading_Scream

wys every1 hatin on cait sith, admitedly, I didnt use him tht much, but i liked him and his limit breaks...Cid was kule aswell...

Cait Sith's second limit break could kill your entire party, yeah that's useful. And what does "kule" even mean? In fact I have the same question about "wys""tht" and "aswell".

sk84uhlivin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sk84uhlivin
The cut scene for the "Knights of the Round" materia.
fffan9391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fffan9391
^The length?
dbz987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

User Lists: 1

#24 dbz987
Member since 2006 • 3765 Posts

1. Some FF stories seem to be recyled

2. Some FF Final Bosses came out of nowhhere

Arc166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Arc166
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts

First of all hate is too strong  word. These are things I dislike, not hate.

The unfairness of many things in the game, mainly the enemies being at full HP and MP at the beginning of every fight, while the playable characters are slowly weakening.

In 8 the enemies para level. This can lead to problems if Squall is too high a level, though with the right junctions it's not of much importance.

Little mini games in the games that are required to pass points in the game, get items and whatever else.

Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles. I'm referring to the fact that you need four GBA's and link cables to play on four player, and single player is just inferior.

Inconsistent plots, gimmick character's and mostly inferior equipment (such as Exalipoor) or certain armour.

That should suffice for now.

sk84uhlivin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sk84uhlivin

^The length?fffan9391

Haha yeah I've only watched it once and already it's too long.... 

Darkknight313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 Darkknight313
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts
The fact that Final Fantasy II and III weren't released in america on the NES and Final Fantasy V wasn't released on the SNES in america and they changed Final Fantasy IV and VI into II and III and why does Final Fantasy V have swearing?
Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Abicus7
Member since 2007 • 2009 Posts

One thing I hate is that Ever sence 7, there hasnt been any secret characters. What happened?

Shadow , Yuffie , Vincent.. And thats the last of the secret / optional characters.

Why did SE stop doing Secret Characters?

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ktulu007

Things that I hate about Final Fantasy part 3

FF IX: The final boss comes out of nowhere. 

FFX: The English voice acting, Wakka. 

FFXI: The whole thing. 

FF Tactics: The protect missions, the "plot twists" are really obvious.

FF Tactics Advance: The laws, getting special abilities from weapons. 

Cokelore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cokelore
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

ktulu007

Really? I thought that was the whole entire point of Wakka! He was that big ol' clumsy clusk (if that's even how you spelt it) oak brother, that we could all laugh at. Like Kramer, sort of......, he alleviated the tensions in the party, but then again Tidus was enough of all those things already. Honestly, imo I like the loner/cool/calm, and not collected main characters better. Not only because you want to learn more about them, it just feels like a main character you could roleplay (as opposed to the main characters, that cheer everyone up when they are down). And wasn't the loner protagonists a better alternative to the completely silent main characters in rpgs? Chrono/Breath of Fire series, anyone? Of course, this is only an assumption. Anyways, I tried the version with the japanese voiceovers (please don't ask me how), and I didn't like it. 

Z_XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Z_XIII
Member since 2009 • 102 Posts

ktulu007

I thought Wakka's voice fit him perfectly

lilmurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 lilmurfer
Member since 2006 • 736 Posts
cloud isn't supposed to be switched anyways, cuz how would he become such a badass if he keeps whimping out on some battles
Cokelore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cokelore
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts
[QUOTE="ktulu007"]

Z_XIII

I am genuinely not pointing any fingers at anybody here (if that makes any sense at all). But there is a common misconception (I would call it a misconception, since I don't even think this should be an opinion) that voice acting is solely based on how good the voice sounds, or rather even how "cool" the character sounds (Balthier, anybody? But yes he did a great job). I always thought voice acting should be based on personality of the character. I even disagree with some about Yuna because of her incredibly timid personality in nature (even though she did do a poorer job than everybody else). Voice acting doesn't directly give personality to a character, the scripts do. Voice acting just brings the character alive, and follows up with what the scripts do. I would assume that's why people look for different voiceactors, instead of the one who just sounds the best. And, at least, in my own opinion, Wakka covered that job. 

I'm torn though, I seriously thought everytime someone mentioned FFX's bad voiceacting, it would be Yuna or Seymour.

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ktulu007
[QUOTE="ktulu007"]

Cokelore

Really? I thought that was the whole entire point of Wakka! He was that big ol' clumsy clusk (if that's even how you spelt it) oak brother, that we could all laugh at. Like Kramer, sort of......, he alleviated the tensions in the party, but then again Tidus was enough of all those things already. Honestly, imo I like the loner/cool/calm, and not collected main characters better. Not only because you want to learn more about them, it just feels like a main character you could roleplay (as opposed to the main characters, that cheer everyone up when they are down). And wasn't the loner protagonists a better alternative to the completely silent main characters in rpgs? Chrono/Breath of Fire series, anyone? Of course, this is only an assumption. Anyways, I tried the version with the japanese voiceovers (please don't ask me how), and I didn't like it. 

The English Voice Acting and Wakka are two separate complaints. I just hate Wakka, he's a pointless, and obnoxious oaf. 

sk84uhlivin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sk84uhlivin
[QUOTE="ktulu007"]

Z_XIII

I second this

Flipyap28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Flipyap28

ktulu007

I have to disagree with wakka's voice, it seemed perfect for him. he seemed like a real island guy especially the way he says "yah"

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ktulu007

[QUOTE="ktulu007"]

Flipyap28

I have to disagree with wakka's voice, it seemed perfect for him. he seemed like a real island guy especially the way he says "yah"

As I just said: my complaints about FFX are 1. The voice Acting. 2. Wakka. They aren't connected. Wakka is a poorly done obnoxious twit of a character and the English voice acting, as a whole, is pretty terrible. 

fffan9391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fffan9391
[QUOTE="Flipyap28"]

[QUOTE="ktulu007"]

ktulu007

As I just said: my complaints about FFX are 1. The voice Acting. 2. Wakka. They aren't connected. Wakka is a poorly done obnoxious twit of a character and the English voice acting, as a whole, is pretty terrible.

Wakka is my favorite character from FFX.

Flipyap28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Flipyap28
Lol, it is pretty clear that Wakka is one of the favourite characters of the general FFX fan. He certainly was one of my favourite characters. The only thing that I didn't really like about FFX were the enemy characters, Seymour was ok but no one else seemed as epic. There was Sin but the battle was pretty easy. Plus FFX has the easiest final battle ever
Arc166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Arc166
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts

He was racist, that alone made him quite unlikable to me.

He was also showing so much faith in yevon that he just assumed that whatever they say is true, or a large portion of the game. And magic could deal with his specialty enemies easily.

livestrong__x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 livestrong__x
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

possibly my only real hang up about ff7 was yuffie, im one of those people who wants to get 'the perfect game' all optional characters all summons, all the best weapons etc etc

so missing yuffie is something i cant bring myself to do, but as soon as i get her, i wonder why i did

i swear i will never ever forgive her for stealing from me

even in advent children, i screamed at the tv cursing her

my friends were sure id gone insane as i was babbling 'how dare you MY MATERIA ITS MINE, Cloud may have accepted you, but I have not'

many of my friends havent even heard of final fantasy let alone played it lmao

jaSteRdcX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 jaSteRdcX
Member since 2004 • 1944 Posts

When i was younger.. Random battles and grinding.. I just wanted to advance in the story and fight the bosses.

Now a days, I don't like when the game ends haha.. Hmm seroiusly though.. I still don't like grinding :/ hahah

sk84uhlivin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sk84uhlivin

possibly my only real hang up about ff7 was yuffie, im one of those people who wants to get 'the perfect game' all optional characters all summons, all the best weapons etc etc

so missing yuffie is something i cant bring myself to do, but as soon as i get her, i wonder why i did

i swear i will never ever forgive her for stealing from me

even in advent children, i screamed at the tv cursing her

my friends were sure id gone insane as i was babbling 'how dare you MY MATERIA ITS MINE, Cloud may have accepted you, but I have not'

many of my friends havent even heard of final fantasy let alone played it lmao

livestrong__x

I know, it makes me feel like a loser... 

When i was younger.. Random battles and grinding.. I just wanted to advance in the story and fight the bosses.

Now a days, I don't like when the game ends haha.. Hmm seroiusly though.. I still don't like grinding :/ hahah

Jaster_DCX

Same here. I hate the storyline of most games, until I beat it, then I miss it.. 

Kireina-Neko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Kireina-Neko
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts
Yeah, definitely the random battles that constantly pop up when you are trying to advance.
ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ktulu007
Things that I hate about Final Fantasy part 4

The spin-offs of FFVII (Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, etc...) I make an exception only for Advent Children.

FFX-2: The fan-service. There's too much of it.

Crystal Chronicles: Weak Characterization, actually there's no bloody characterization in Crystal Chronicles.

Bluegreen17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bluegreen17
Member since 2009 • 1061 Posts
The unskippable cutscenes in FFX drive me nuts. I don't mind watching once - I DO mind watching five times because Seymour Flux kills me right afterwards. :P
LiquidClear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LiquidClear
Member since 2008 • 356 Posts

The unskippable cutscenes in FFX drive me nuts. I don't mind watching once - I DO mind watching five times because Seymour Flux kills me right afterwards. :PBluegreen17

OMG, my first play through I had this same type of problem with a few bosses all the time. "Hey... you're starting to sound kinda like a leader you know?" "Didn't anyone tell you? Star player of the Zanarkand Abes!" Etc. lol. 

In FFXII I felt like the characters were bland for the most part. Balthier was the only one who seemed to have some personality and for some reason his voice made me keep picturing him as a magician from some movie I've seen.  

And as far as Wakka goes, I thought he was probably executed better than any other character in the game. He was racist at first and extremely stubborn, but that was his character; he's not perfect by a long shot which makes him interesting at least. I thought his voice acting was the best too. He created his own island accent and maintained it well throughout the whole game, ya?

livestrong__x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 livestrong__x
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Balthiar and Fran were the only reason i finished FFXII

i really loved them two lol

Flipyap28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Flipyap28

[QUOTE="Bluegreen17"]The unskippable cutscenes in FFX drive me nuts. I don't mind watching once - I DO mind watching five times because Seymour Flux kills me right afterwards. :PLiquidClear

OMG, my first play through I had this same type of problem with a few bosses all the time. "Hey... you're starting to sound kinda like a leader you know?" "Didn't anyone tell you? Star player of the Zanarkand Abes!" Etc. lol. 

In FFXII I felt like the characters were bland for the most part. Balthier was the only one who seemed to have some personality and for some reason his voice made me keep picturing him as a magician from some movie I've seen.  

And as far as Wakka goes, I thought he was probably executed better than any other character in the game. He was racist at first and extremely stubborn, but that was his character; he's not perfect by a long shot which makes him interesting at least. I thought his voice acting was the best too. He created his own island accent and maintained it well throughout the whole game, ya?

Ya, wakka is my favourite character in FFX with auron second ya. Wakka may be racist but he has a reason to be and how the party kept secrets from him about Rikku...even when he didn't really care about her being Al-bhed and even worse, Yuna being half al bhed

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

FFI: Like klutu said, no characterization.

FFII: The stupid leveling up system. Also the key terms thing.

FFIII: Phoenix Downs aren't buyable, recycled storyline.

FFIV: Edward, Zeromous in the remake is ridiculous.

FFV: First world can be hard due to there being a lack of good places to level up. Characters aren't too good.

FFVI: All the characters = lots of grinding, story goes downhill 3/4 into the game, Kefka is a bit on the easy side.

FFVII: Storyline is convoluted.

FFVIII: The junction system can be too complicated at the beginning, leveling up is pointless(which is stupid, IMO), Squall and Rinoa's relationship feels forced, and Squall isn't that great of a character.

FFIX: Easy, Necron comes out of nowhere, Trance system.

FFX: It can take forever to level up later in the game, Rikku, the voice acting can be horrible.

FFXI: Monthly fees.

FFXII: Vayne isn't a very good villian, Vaan and Penelo serve almost no purpose after you leave Rabanastre.

FF Tactics: Beginning can be way too hard, Belius is ridiculous, storyline can be super confusing.

FFX-2: Everything. :x