• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#1 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts

I've heard some people say that certain FF's had a weak story.So I thought I should post a topic about it.

Personally I think that all the Final Fantasy's had great stories. Although some started weak (like Final Fantasy V) but got better as the game went on.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
Yeah...I personally think FFX-2 had a really weak story, FFXII would be a close second...
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Amnesiac23
:o FFXII?? I never thought anyone would pick that one. And yeah, I guess your right about FFX-2. lol I always forget about that game.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NWA_31
Yeah, there's a lot of things about XII that I didn't like, especially the story and music. It wasn't as exciting as some FFs, I even got bored and stopped playing for acouple ofmonths. I also hated the way the characters talk..after every cutscene, I was literally staring at the screen, thinking: 'Wtf did he say?' :P
Avatar image for WhiteFlame-XIII
WhiteFlame-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 WhiteFlame-XIII
Member since 2007 • 4610 Posts
Well You just hate it because you're NWA... I just beat FF XII and I loved everything about it. The music was okAy exept for the last song which was amazing. so I loved the story. Maybe the story wasn't your Ideal fit or something. But I loved it!
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Amnesiac23
The only thing I didn't like about XII was the music...it's just not...epic (like other FFs)
ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ThreeVo
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts

Oh god not again..... for the love of god not again!

please lets let 12 rest in piece and leave it at that

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Amnesiac23

Oh god not again..... for the love of god not again!

please lets let 12 rest in piece and leave it at that

ThreeVo

You hate it or love it? lol Not sure by your reaction. I love the game...just not the way I love my other Final Fantasys (sorry LOL I revived it again)

WhiteFlame-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WhiteFlame-XIII
Don't mind ThreeVo. if you get him started, he'll write page long paragraphs to try and prove his point which he'll get mad at me for pointing out...
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Amnesiac23
hmmm lol Reminds me of.....Fs_metal maybe...no..not him (lol I'm just picking on ya FS)
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
I am pretty sure a lot of people had mixed reactions, but Final Fantasy XII turned out fairly well. I not sure if any Final Fantasy has a weak story. Though some FFs appeal to others more.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
FFX-2 had a horrible story, and FFXII's story could have been better. Other than this, all other FF's have great stories:D.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts

Anyone that thinks Final Fantasy XII has a weak story has no idea of that which they speak

Anyone that thinks that no FF has a weak story is yet to play Tactics Advance.

GoPhins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 GoPhins123
Member since 2005 • 3655 Posts

Anyone that thinks Final Fantasy XII has a weak story has no idea of that which they speak

Anyone that thinks that no FF has a weak story is yet to play Tactics Advance.

Yeah the story for TA wasn't all that great, its still a good game though.

fs_metal
ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ThreeVo
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts
Don't mind ThreeVo. if you get him started, he'll write page long paragraphs to try and prove his point which he'll get mad at me for pointing out...WhiteFlame-XIII
=/
WhiteFlame-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WhiteFlame-XIII

[QUOTE="WhiteFlame-XIII"]Don't mind ThreeVo. if you get him started, he'll write page long paragraphs to try and prove his point which he'll get mad at me for pointing out...ThreeVo
=/

toldjya... (told you)

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

Final Fantasy XII had the worst story ever. It felt like there wasn't even a story at all, it was level grind, go to this dungeon, boring cut scene, grind some more, another area repeat...Not to mention you could relate it to a Star Wars ripoff most of the time. You could write the whole story in less than 3 pages.

It also had the worst soundtrack.

And for every cut scene, if there was one, all the characters acted like they just met each other. They didn't have that type of attachment to each other like previous Final Fantasys.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NWA_31

Final Fantasy XII had the worst story ever. It felt like there wasn't even a story at all, it was level grind, go to this dungeon, boring cut scene, grind some more, another area repeat...Not to mention you could relate it to a Star Wars ripoff most of the time. You could write the whole story in less than 3 pages.

And for every cut scene, if there was one, all the characters acted like they just met each other. They didn't have that type of attachment to each other like previous Final Fantasys.

Flame_Blade88

Couldn't agree more, except for that SW rip-off thing. Although I must admit, the final battle did felt like Star Wars.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fs_metal

Flame_Blade88
I suppose if ignorance is bliss for you, then go ahead and be blissfull in your ignorance. I will continue being happy in the REAL world
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NWA_31
[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]

fs_metal

I suppose if ignorance is bliss for you, then go ahead and be blissfull in your ignorance. I will continue being happy in the REAL world

It's called 'personal opinion' :| Whether you like FF XII or not does not make you ignorant nor knowledgeable...

WhiteFlame-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WhiteFlame-XIII
i would just say that this story wasn't just your style... maybe there was just too much politics in it for you 2... And it depends on the 3 pages... It's the writer that makes it 3 pages... You pretty much only have to grind a few times in FF XII to be decent. Yeah and I would agree a little bit like star wars, but It wasn't too star warsy...
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Flame_Blade88
[QUOTE="NWA_31"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]

Flame_Blade88

It's called 'personal opinion' :| Whether you like FF XII or not does not make you ignorant nor knowledgeable...

So much for opinions then :roll: I know many hardcore FF fans who agree with me. You don't have to agree with me and get all nasty like that.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Flame_Blade88

i would just say that this story wasn't just your style... maybe there was just too much politics in it for you 2... And it depends on the 3 pages... It's the writer that makes it 3 pages... You pretty much only have to grind a few times in FF XII to be decent. Yeah and I would agree a little bit like star wars, but It wasn't too star warsy...WhiteFlame-XIII

Yeah, I'm not trying to insult you for liking it, I'm really not, just my opinion, if I insulted, I am sorry.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NWA_31

So much for opinions then :roll: I know many hardcore FF fans who agree with me. You don't have to agree with me and get all nasty like that.Flame_Blade88

Are you...talking to me ? Because I agree with you :P

WhiteFlame-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WhiteFlame-XIII

[QUOTE="WhiteFlame-XIII"]i would just say that this story wasn't just your style... maybe there was just too much politics in it for you 2... And it depends on the 3 pages... It's the writer that makes it 3 pages... You pretty much only have to grind a few times in FF XII to be decent. Yeah and I would agree a little bit like star wars, but It wasn't too star warsy...Flame_Blade88

Yeah, I'm not trying to insult you for liking it, I'm really not, just my opinion, if I insulted, I am sorry.

whatever...

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Flame_Blade88

[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]So much for opinions then :roll: I know many hardcore FF fans who agree with me. You don't have to agree with me and get all nasty like that.NWA_31

Are you...talking to me ? Because I agree with you :P

No :lol: Not you man.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
I think the mission-based story progress of X-2 caused so much harm to the what could have been a nice love story...
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fs_metal

i would just say that this story wasn't just your style... maybe there was just too much politics in it for you 2... And it depends on the 3 pages... It's the writer that makes it 3 pages... You pretty much only have to grind a few times in FF XII to be decent. Yeah and I would agree a little bit like star wars, but It wasn't too star warsy...WhiteFlame-XIII
IT does draw inspiration from Star WArs, especially on it's airship battles, which are fantastic. The ground battles were influenced by Lord of the Rings. They were also fantastic. I mean, come on? Rasler on the chocobo? That was amazing and incredibly well handled

I appreciate the fact that someone actually gets it. FFXII's story isn't BAD. It is every bit as deep and involving as any prior story. IT is just DIFFERENT in that it is event driven instead of character driven and that it has alot more politics than any prior FF. That doesn't make it bad

Sprigain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sprigain
Member since 2006 • 3575 Posts
the weakest FF story has to be x-2 it was pretty lame
WhiteFlame-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WhiteFlame-XIII
I hated the FF III story because it was pretty shallow... not even some character growth... It was just help some random person for no good reason... dungeon, Dungeon, 3 hour level grind, Dungeon, another crap story arc, 2 hour level grind, Dungeon, Dungeon 4 hour level grind... It was horrible...
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Amnesiac23
Maybe that's why it's not on the PS (like they ported FFV, FFVI, FF1, and FFII. They left out III lol) . Just the on theDS (and of course the original system itcame out on)
WhiteFlame-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WhiteFlame-XIII
I still hate FF III on the DS
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fs_metal
I hated the FF III story because it was pretty shallow... not even some character growth... It was just help some random person for no good reason... dungeon, Dungeon, 3 hour level grind, Dungeon, another crap story arc, 2 hour level grind, Dungeon, Dungeon 4 hour level grind... It was horrible...WhiteFlame-XIII
IT WAS AN NES GAME
WhiteFlame-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WhiteFlame-XIII
I meant on the DS...
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NWA_31

I meant on the DS...WhiteFlame-XIII

...which is a remake of the NES game.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fs_metal
I meant on the DS...WhiteFlame-XIII
It was STILL an NES game
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Amnesiac23
yes fs_metal. We understand that. What we are talking about it the fact that the DS version didn't add anything much (like other remakes added bonus things). And the story still wasn't the best.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fs_metal
The game is 20 years old. Story telling has had 20 years to progress since then. It's not hard to imagine it being behind the times for anyone with their head screwed on straight. Think about it in it's time though. It was surrounded by things like 'save the princess' in Mario and Zelda or 'save the president' or things like that. At the time, it had alot of depth because it was not simple or straightforward. Again. IT was an NES game. It should be taken into consideration by those standards, not FFXII standards. Few stories are THAT good
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Amnesiac23
yeah I know what you mean. read the GS reviews for Origin. I mean, come on it was made 20 years ago. Final Fantasy hasn't been like we know it now forever. :P
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

yeah I know what you mean. read the GS reviews for Origin. I mean, come on it was made 20 years ago. Final Fantasy hasn't been like we know it now forever. :P Amnesiac23

yeah, and when they remake a game, they probably try not to stray too much from the game's story and gameplay, only improving graphics and music, just for a bit of nolstalgia for people that played it, and for those who haven't,have them play most of which the old game was.

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts
I think fs_metal needs to understand what "personal opinion" is...just because you think the FFXII story is great, doesnt mean everyone else has to.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Amnesiac23

I think fs_metal needs to understand what "personal opinion" is...just because you think the FFXII story is great, doesnt mean everyone else has to.TaCoDuDe

Don't worry about him. It's best not to start anything. It is an opinion and he has the right to share it.

Sonic_Wolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#46 Sonic_Wolfe
Member since 2007 • 281 Posts
I would have to say it very much depends on wot ya look fer in ur chosen FF. Some ppl say that FFXII had a weak story becoz it was event driven rather than the usual character driven plot, personally, I loved it. It was FFVI I felt that was weak, I never connected with any of the many cast, and Kefka as good as he was, was jes plain crazy and for me, thats not a good villain MO....
Avatar image for TheHeartofaLion
TheHeartofaLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheHeartofaLion
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts
XII had a great story, yet it wasn't as strong as any of the previous ones. That being said, that does not mean that XII is not as good as these previous FFs. I enjoyed XII way more than X. XII's story didn't have any real surprises; it was basic the entire way through. Still great and enjoyable, and it certainly did not disappoint for a FF game.
WhiteFlame-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WhiteFlame-XIII
I prefer things greater than the personal desire. That's why I enjoy event driven stories... they have a more important feel with less bothersome angst that seems to do less to drive the characters. The FF XII had a few plot turns but most of them were probably ruined by story faqs or something...
Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shekb
Member since 2005 • 13506 Posts
The problem with FFXII is that there is no emotions
I mean, FFVII, I could feel the drama at the death of THAT lady
In FFIX, the whole game was fantastic at pulling you into the ambiance and I was able to laugh and be sad just by playing the game
FFX had a tremendous impact at the end, for me at least
FFXII...... not much I have to say
WhiteFlame-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 WhiteFlame-XIII
Well I guess It's just my preference then. I don't really care for emotion much as story plots.