Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="mfouad"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]No. I am saying random battles suck and they need to be gotten rid of foreverSony_FanBoy

yeah you are right!!

many others feel differently, and still like the random battle system. If that is the case, then there is no reason to get rid of it.

It's outdated. that's more htan reason enough to get rid of it

If there is still people out there that want it, then it will be still around, it doesn't matter if it may be outdated or not. It will still be around if a majority of the people want it.

Not necessarily true. It is out dated and that is more than enough reason to get rid of it. A majority of the people DON'T want it dude. Just hardcore JRPG fanboys that don't know how to let things go. The kind htat don't like FFXII because it actually progressed the genre. It's those kinds of people that are dragging JRPGs back down into the mud in the first place
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#52 Sony_FanBoy
Member since 2006 • 2993 Posts
[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="mfouad"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]No. I am saying random battles suck and they need to be gotten rid of foreverfs_metal

yeah you are right!!

many others feel differently, and still like the random battle system. If that is the case, then there is no reason to get rid of it.

If there is still people out there that want it, then it will be still around, it doesn't matter if it may be outdated or not. It will still be around if a majority of the people want it.

Not necessarily true. It is out dated and that is more than enough reason to get rid of it. A majority of the people DON'T want it dude. Just hardcore JRPG fanboys that don't know how to let things go. The kind htat don't like FFXII because it actually progressed the genre. It's those kinds of people that are dragging JRPGs back down into the mud in the first place

Ok, "dude". Where's this majority you're talking about? I liked FF XII, not because it did or didn't have random battles, but because it had a decent story and like 4 characters that I liked. The battle system was cool, I liked it. But if it had random battles, I'd still buy it and still would have had a good time with it. I don't have a problem with the either one.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
Actually fs_metal is right. There is a larger number of people who do not enjoy random battles. At a steady pace this is creeping up on a lot RPG fans.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="mfouad"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]No. I am saying random battles suck and they need to be gotten rid of foreverSony_FanBoy

yeah you are right!!

Ok, "dude". Where's this majority you're talking about? I liked FF XII, not because it did or didn't have random battles, but because it had a decent story and like 4 characters that I liked. The battle system was cool, I liked it. But if it had random battles, I'd still buy it and still would have had a good time with it. I don't have a problem with the either one.

Those that spent so long playing Diablo 2? those that play WoW now? I don't know if you noticed, but hte userbase for both of those games at their peak was ludacrisly huge the point is that random battles are loosing steam. that's why FFXII didn't have them. With the increasing popularity of western RPgs that show that they are not needed, the JRPg market shrinks because of random battles
Ebi_Furya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#55 Ebi_Furya
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

You guys do realize that when you click the Quote button you can delete all but the last post you actually want to quote instead of making the thread big and hard to read by re-posting everything again, don't you???

Anyways, I know I already said that I like random battles, and I still do, but I've been thinking about things and rolling them around in the back of my head and XII had the right idea. It did bring change to the tried-and-true equation of the past and in a way, it's part of the reason I really enjoyed XII. I still like the random battles too, but change can be good. I was reading that the battle system of XIII will be similar to XII in that there are no random battles.

This brings me great pain to actually say this, but fs_metal has a point. WoW and Diablo and others big titles are very successful without having random battles. It's partially by the design of the game (MMO-RPG and hack-n-slash-RPG vs traditional-RPG) but it's close enough to justify a comparison.

If all new RPG games go towards non-random battles, I'd be perfectly okay with that. Unlike other's who are stuck in their ways and believe what they believe should be what everyone else believes and that all other ideas are foolish and what they see as truth is written in stone and cannot be changed, I'm willing to accept the ideas of others and accept change for the future. I'm willing to change my ideas and accept that what I know about a topic may not the correct and learn from it and move on instead of dragging on and on with no forward progression. Also, I know that if I feel the need for random battles, I have 10+ older Final Fantasy games available to me.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I fully support change, and i liked XII's gameplay.

But at the same time, I liked random battles, and wouldn't mind seeing them in any other games. I wouldn't want to see them again in the main series of FF, since FF is now on the road of change, but maybe Square or other comapnies could make games that use the random battle system for people like me that still really appreciate, and also make games with different, more unique systems, for those that want change.

I really am fine either way...

FF-Is-Awsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 FF-Is-Awsome
Member since 2008 • 424 Posts
Personally i like random battles but id be fine if they were gone if the new gameplay was good. I don't think i'd want another game with XII's gameplay as well all i did was run through rooms and everything died kind of boring really. I like no random encounters in games action RPG's but the system in XIII looks good just not to sure about controlling multiple characters.
mfouad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#58 mfouad
Member since 2005 • 1636 Posts
some of my friends do not like FF series because of random battles:(
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Sony_FanBoy

some of my friends do not like FF series because of random battles:(mfouad

Well it's there loss. :P

lo_Reaper_ol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lo_Reaper_ol
Member since 2007 • 4953 Posts
I can't stand it anymore! Someone break the tie, for goodness sake!
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Sony_FanBoy

I can't stand it anymore! Someone break the tie, for goodness sake!lo_Reaper_ol

Yeah, it's 9-9. Since the last choice is for either one. I added those points to both. So 9-9 instead of 6-6-3.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DJ-Lafleur

[QUOTE="lo_Reaper_ol"]I can't stand it anymore! Someone break the tie, for goodness sake!Sony_FanBoy

Yeah, it's 9-9. Since the last choice is for either one. I added those points to both. So 9-9 instead of 6-6-3.

going by that, the score would be 10-10, I just voted for either today.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Sony_FanBoy
Random battles just pulled ahead.
vornwrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 vornwrath
Member since 2007 • 478 Posts
If Random battles were never in another game ever again, it would not make me angry. It wouldn't even bother me a bit.
Yuna_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Yuna_17
Member since 2005 • 2116 Posts
I don't mind either really. Random Battles can be a pain sometimes when you just want to get going, but when you're not angry at them they're rather enjoyable. Seeing the enemy ahead is a bit easier I think, you can avoid them or heal up, etc.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DJ-Lafleur

If Random battles were never in another game ever again, it would not make me angry. It wouldn't even bother me a bit.vornwrath

same here, but if they still remained, I would not get angry at it either. I'm more concerned that whatever battle system is fun and entertaining.

cloudstrife145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#67 cloudstrife145
Member since 2006 • 1051 Posts

I chose either. Both are fun. Period.

SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#68 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts
I'm not going to NOT play a game because of random battles but they really peeve me off when i'm trying to get somewhere or check something out and every four seconds another one appears (*ahemFFXahem*) Personally I prefer to see the enemy so I can decide whether i want to engage it or not. (RS:MS was PERFECT that way; sometimes you couldn't avoid them but at least you knew they were there! :))
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
Personally, I don't have a preference. I'm fine with any kind of enemy encounters, as long as it's done right.
vornwrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 vornwrath

[QUOTE="vornwrath"]If Random battles were never in another game ever again, it would not make me angry. It wouldn't even bother me a bit.DJ-Lafleur

same here, but if they still remained, I would not get angry at it either. I'm more concerned that whatever battle system is fun and entertaining.

And sinces random battles are annoying.....
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="vornwrath"]If Random battles were never in another game ever again, it would not make me angry. It wouldn't even bother me a bit.vornwrath

Which I usually do not find them to be...

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

DJ-Lafleur

Yeah, same here. It's hard to hit that sweet spot, but I've played games that did it right.

vornwrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 vornwrath
[QUOTE="vornwrath"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="vornwrath"]If Random battles were never in another game ever again, it would not make me angry. It wouldn't even bother me a bit.DJ-Lafleur

I used to be that way, Then I started playing games by Bethesda and Bioware
RazerOfHellVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#74 RazerOfHellVII
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts
Yea, i dont mind for either of em, but everyone is forgetting one thing, when you have a random battle you never know how strong the creature is, so you fight it and gain alot of exp, but when you do know how strong it is, you cantry to avid it
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

That's why i like random battles. The feeling of surprise is always there.

However, I don't want to make an impression that I hate non-random battles. Just don't make it like a hack n' slash game like Diablo and Champions of Norrath, an RPG with non-random battle system will be very enjoyable to me.

lo_Reaper_ol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lo_Reaper_ol
Member since 2007 • 4953 Posts
FG FTW!:P