General Social Discussions - Thread XXII - Happy Birthday Jumbo Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

omega235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 omega235
Member since 2006 • 5922 Posts
I never denied that I feel the urge to go on a rampage :|:Pnatiko
riiiiiiiiiiiiight
jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 jimbo_mog
Member since 2005 • 1171 Posts
everybody feels like a rampage once every now and then.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#153 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
Don't lie, we all know you wish to go on a rampage:Pnatiko
well....yes....deep down I'm a raging ***** :lol:
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#154 natiko
Member since 2005 • 13284 Posts
Exactly! and now that you've gotten that out of your system you can commence the killing:D
omega235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 omega235
Exactly! and now that you've gotten that out of your system you can commence the killing:Dnatiko
killing doesn't appeal to me, and if you had t die would you rather get shot or die naturally
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
Anyone here who have watched the anime Thunder Jet? That's one of my most favorite ever.
omega235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 omega235
Anyone here who have watched the anime Thunder Jet? That's one of my most favorite ever.Fantasy_Gamer
thats an anime? wow nnnnevver heard of it bvefore
Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#158 Headbanger88
Member since 2004 • 5023 Posts
I haven't heard of that one, might have to check it out. My favorite anime ever is Cowboy Bebop which everybody knows and my favorite OVA is Samurai X-Trust and Betrayal. Thunder Jet sounds cool, just give me a synopsis and I might have to check it out.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Fantasy_Gamer

I haven't heard of that one, might have to check it out. Thunder Jet sounds cool, just give me a synopsis and I might have to check it out.Headbanger88

Here it is:

THUNDER JET
(JP: Ginga Sengoku Gunyuuden Rai)
(ENG: Galaxy Warring State Chronicle Rai)
Iirc, "rai" in Japanese is "thunder".

A fearless warrior - His destiny is to bring peace to the war torn Galaxy Empire!!

ENOKI FILMS proudly presents the powerful animated series "THUNDER JET, RAIDERS OF THE GALAXY EMPIRE." Cosmic in scale, this series unfolds with action packed episodes, fast and explosive.

After the collapse of the Sacred Galaxy Empire, a battle for control of the Milky Way Constellation breaks out among the War Lords. From the chaos of outerspace emerges a young courageous warrior, "THUNDER JET." THUNDER JET is a fearless warrior to his foes but to others, he is a gentle soul, dependable and loyal.

Two powerful forces aspire to reign over the entire Empire, Dan-Joe ruler of the North Region of the Milky Way and Queen Mussamney, ruler of the Southern Region.

THUNDER JET sees the ensuing battle and ponders the ultimate goal. Is it power and glory these rulers seek or a peaceful Milky Way under one rule? THUNDER JET realizes the importance of this battle and the purpose of his destiny. One day THUNDER JET will bring peace to the Milky Way.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Fantasy_Gamer

Characters

THUNDER JET:
The Hero of this series. 18 years old. His real name is Rai Ryuga. Joined the Army as a private but he is swiftly promoted to lead a troop and to a battalion commander after successive victories in critical battles.

FRYER MUNK :
34 year old. born on the same planet as Thunder Jet. He has tremendous physical strength.

TASKEE:
Age 14 year old. A tag-along side-kick of Thunder Jet.

SIMONE:
The daughter of Shuzen Assop, the King of Sakura. Age 16 year old. She is an only direct descendent of "The Holy Galaxy Empire."

REILA:
The daughter of Dan-Joe Hicky, the King of "Gojo Kingdom". She is in love with Thunder Jet.

SISHIN:
A young and resourceful man who decides to devote his life and talent to Thunder Jet.

ASHIN:
A younger brother of Sishin. He supports Thunder Jet with his brother Sishin.

DAN-JOE:
The ruler of Gojo Kingdom. He was one of two General-in-Chiefs of the Holy Galaxy Empire. Age 72 year old. He intends to destroy the rival in South Region.

ROGINA:
One of Five Warlords of Gojo Kingdom. Age 22 year old. A female General, with courage and intelligence.

FOMAY:
The leader of five warlords of Gojo Kingdom. 42 year old. Merciless and cruel.

GEN-YEE:
One of five Warlords of Gojo Kingdom. Age 24 year old. A handsome man with cunning strategy. His true identity is an alien life force. He possesses strong psychic power.

KAGAN:
An affectionate and devoted follower of Gen-Yee. She also possesses r of sorcery power and has no hesitation to do whatever she thinks is good for her master, even assassination.

GARER:
One of five Warlords of Gojo Kingdom. 30 year old. An ambitious warrior with "Tiger" face.

GASAN:
Young brother of Garer. Gasan is a strong warrior like Garer. He is defeated by Thunder Jet and is killed in the battle

GATEN:
The youngest of Garer brothers. He wants to help Garer to ascend to the throne of the Sacred Galaxy Empire and He devises stratagems at every opportunity. But, his plans are overturned by Sishin, the strategist of Thunder Jet.

MASSINA:
The Queen of "TY" Kingdom. The leader of allied South Region of Galaxy. She is a formidable warrior with amazing strength and is known as "One-eyed Dragon."

HEE-LAI:
The deputy and also a staff officer of Queen Massina. She assumes No.2 post in the entire "TY" fleet. She is engaged in espionage as an outstanding 'ninja."

LEIGE:
The first attendant of Queen Massina. Formerly the vice commander of King Racko of Kingdom of "REN."

RACKO:
The young ruler of "REN" Kingdom. He seeks for a chance to destroy General Rogina who killed his father.

COSISHOO:
The chief of joint staff of Ren Kingdom and the best friend of King Racko since the childhood days.

SUNLUCK:
A happy-go-round soldier. His job is to look after the ladies.

MOKACK:
Deputy commander of "Kongo", Thunder jet's ship. He is doubtful of T.J.'s ability to command a ship and a fleet at the beginning. After witnessed T.J.'s outstanding courage and leadership, he becomes T.J.'s one of most trustful officers.

COLIN & COBIN:
Father Colin and son Cobin are notorious space pirates in the deep south region. After a battle against Thunder Jet, they join our hero's fleet with all the fellow pirates.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Fantasy_Gamer

Here are some screenshots:

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Fantasy_Gamer

Oh. I love THUNDER JET! The space battles are full of cool strategy. Power grab/struggle and traitors. Memorable characters and a touch of love story...

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Fantasy_Gamer

After the collapse of the holy empire, there's a power struggle for control in the Milky Way. The northern region (reigned by King Dun-Joe) and the southern region (reigned by Queen Mussamney). In the northern region, Dun-joe has 4 generals: Rogina, Fomay, Gen-yee and Garer. All these generals are given control at differnet areas of the northern region., and all of them wish to be the ruler. Thunder Jet comes into the picture as an ordinary soldier under the command of General Rogina.

There are a lot of external and internal conflicts. Many battles are engaged in the outerspace (battle of a lot of airship fleets). All the generals have their own strategist and all these strategist are also trying to prove that they are the best in that field.

Thunder Jet will rise up to the ranks... Oh. I cannot explain the joy of remiscing my experience with that anime.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Fantasy_Gamer

The list of characters is not complete. There are a whole lot of them especially later in the show. It's realy worth a watch.

Btw, it is composed of 52 episodes. If I will have a chance, I would like to have my own copy of that anime.

Kefkamania05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Kefkamania05
Member since 2005 • 7537 Posts
I hadn't heard of it before, but I'm gonna try watching some animes soon so I might add that to the list.
Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Headbanger88
Reminds me of Outlaw Star
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Fantasy_Gamer
Please try watching it and spread the word. :P I think it's a really nice anime, which is long forgotten. :(
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 natiko
I might watch it some time.
omega235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 omega235
same here i might
The1andOnlyMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 The1andOnlyMG
Member since 2006 • 858 Posts
i won't....sorry not much of an anime fan (puts on flame suit) :)
mr_bri9htside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#171 mr_bri9htside
Member since 2005 • 1948 Posts
Hmmmm.... I'll stick with the one and only anime show I watch. Pokemon...... LOL Kidding, I only watch Bleach. :wink:
Yuna_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Yuna_17
Member since 2005 • 2116 Posts

Hmmmm.... I'll stick with the one and only anime show I watch. Pokemon...... LOL Kidding, I only watch Bleach. :wink:mr_bri9htside

Bleach is pretty cool along with Full Metall Alchemist but so is pokemon *sounds like an uber nerd now* hey everyone used to watch Pokemon, or atleast i did :P

Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#173 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts

I watched Pokemon too few years ago. I got addicted to it that i bought a couple of the GBA games of it. These days i watch Chrono Crusade and Love Hinna.

Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Headbanger88
Hmmmm.... I'll stick with the one and only anime show I watch. Pokemon...... LOL Kidding, I only watch Bleach. :wink:mr_bri9htside

Bleach is cool, even though the Bountu Arc was a load of fried crap. I'll make a list of the anime I like:
*Bleach
*Outlaw Star
*Cowboy Bebop
*Samurai Champloo
*Rurouni Kenshin
*Trinity Blood 
*Paranoia Agent
*Ghost in The Shell
*Hellsing
*Vampire Hunter D

jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 jimbo_mog
latest anime ivre been into is Chrono Crusade.
its very good. chek it out.
Kraker2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Kraker2k
Member since 2004 • 1427 Posts
Dont forget Naw-roo-toes!.....Nearly everyone has seen that...Believe It!!
droge085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 droge085
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts
[QUOTE="mr_bri9htside"]Hmmmm.... I'll stick with the one and only anime show I watch. Pokemon...... LOL Kidding, I only watch Bleach. :wink:Headbanger88

Bleach is cool, even though the Bountu Arc was a load of fried crap. I'll make a list of the anime I like:
*Bleach
*Outlaw Star
*Cowboy Bebop
*Samurai Champloo
*Rurouni Kenshin
*Trinity Blood
*Paranoia Agent
*Ghost in The Shell
*Hellsing
*Vampire Hunter D

I'm a big anime junky and love all those too. I also love Evangelion, Peacemaker, Full Metal Alchemoo(I wonder if any one will understand that reference) and whenever Sesshomaru's on in Inuyasha-don't really like Inuyasha though to name a few. Ive never seen Chrono crusade but it's on my to do list. Naruto on the other hand is far worse than Inuyasha. The only decent character is Kakashi and the script is terribly redudant. Now the manga was decent-but once the anime aired I was completly taken back from that series. Simply put- it sucks-believe it! However if you still choose to like it feel free-we all have different tastes. At least you like Bleach.
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 natiko
NAWROOTOES!!!!...j/k:P I love all sorts of anime..I've literally seen hundreds of them, I'm not even going to bother listing my favorites...too long:| I will say the names of a few that you MUST check out though....Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal and Azumanga Daioh....watch them..now:P
droge085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 droge085
I qualify samurai x as rouken(kenshin for the brain dead)-samurai x is possibly my favorite

Kraker2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Kraker2k
Member since 2004 • 1427 Posts
Full Metal Alchemoo(I wonder if any one will understand that reference)droge085

Is it cuz the manga artist envisions her self as a cow in panties in her manga volumes :o?

btw your sig does a number on my brain...its too fast...O_O
Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Headbanger88
[QUOTE="droge085"] Full Metal Alchemoo(I wonder if any one will understand that reference)Kraker2k

Is it cuz the manga artist envisions her self as a cow in panties in her manga volumes :o?

btw your sig does a number on my brain...its too fast...O_O

Yea, it totally trips you out. Evangelion characters don't change facial expressions.
droge085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 droge085
The artist grew up with cows and therefore a strong love for them, therefore she depicts many cows in her art(I think its a she).  Anywho-I found out from a copy from any article from an issue of Anime Insider and that little tidbit was titled Fullmetal Alchemoo.  Just thought anyone might like to know.
mr_bri9htside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 mr_bri9htside
I wonder, can anyone here dance? Like actually took classes and id competitions?
Jumbo120788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Jumbo120788
Member since 2004 • 14956 Posts
The artist grew up with cows and therefore a strong love for them, therefore she depicts many cows in her art(I think its a she). Anywho-I found out from a copy from any article from an issue of Anime Insider and that little tidbit was titled Fullmetal Alchemoo. Just thought anyone might like to know.droge085
cows make excellent burgers
Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Headbanger88
[QUOTE="droge085"]The artist grew up with cows and therefore a strong love for them, therefore she depicts many cows in her art(I think its a she). Anywho-I found out from a copy from any article from an issue of Anime Insider and that little tidbit was titled Fullmetal Alchemoo. Just thought anyone might like to know.Jumbo120788

And steaks
omega235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 omega235
[QUOTE="Jumbo120788"][QUOTE="droge085"]The artist grew up with cows and therefore a strong love for them, therefore she depicts many cows in her art(I think its a she). Anywho-I found out from a copy from any article from an issue of Anime Insider and that little tidbit was titled Fullmetal Alchemoo. Just thought anyone might like to know.Headbanger88

And steaks

yes they do and i will never become a vegitarian, god ment for us to eat meat
droge085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 droge085
As a wise man once told me, to Hell with vegetarianism.  I could sure go for a nice beef-flavored milk-shake.
omega235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 omega235
As a wise man once told me, to Hell with vegetarianism.  I could sure go for a nice beef-flavored milk-shake.droge085
that man is very wise
mr_bri9htside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 mr_bri9htside
I just got out of Level 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
omega235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 omega235
I just got out of Level 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Dmr_bri9htside
good for you really good for you
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Orasion_Seiz

[QUOTE="mr_bri9htside"]I just got out of Level 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Domega235
good for you really good for you

good job! it was a terrible level believe me. i know how someone feels whenever they got out of lvl 20.

Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Headbanger88
    I started playing Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, and I have to so it's one of the most enjoyable rpg's I've played in a long while. It doesn't take itself too seriously, the combat and mana system is fun, and the characters and story are lighthearted and cute. The game is also one of the funniest games I've ever played. Whenever Delsus opens his mouth, hilarity ensues. The game is totally cliched, but it just adds to the hilarity.This is the throwback game to the SNES for sure. Oh yea, Delsus is now one of my all time favorite game characters :lol:
droge085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 droge085
In the second one, Viese was getting pissed off at everyone and was pmsing at everyone (please don't take offense anyone, namely females), and my game had an interesting glitch. Viese just started say F*K over and over again.  I was all WTF?
jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 jimbo_mog
i just saved 1000 dollars or so, building my computer myself.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Fantasy_Gamer

I started playing Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, and I have to so it's one of the most enjoyable rpg's I've played in a long while. It doesn't take itself too seriously, the combat and mana system is fun, and the characters and story are lighthearted and cute. The game is also one of the funniest games I've ever played. Whenever Delsus opens his mouth, hilarity ensues. The game is totally cliched, but it just adds to the hilarity.This is the throwback game to the SNES for sure. Oh yea, Delsus is now one of my all time favorite game characters :lol:Headbanger88

Yeah. It is a simple, yet very enjoyable RPG. I remember, I was bored with all the games I'm playing, I checked my library of PS2 games and decided to put Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana in my PS2 disc tray. The graphics is a little off with the PS2 standards, but I did not pay much attention to it. It is just so enjoyable.

Jumbo120788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Jumbo120788
Member since 2004 • 14956 Posts
i just saved 1000 dollars or so, building my computer myself.
jimbo_mog
how long did it take?
Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Headbanger88

[QUOTE="Headbanger88"] I started playing Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, and I have to so it's one of the most enjoyable rpg's I've played in a long while. It doesn't take itself too seriously, the combat and mana system is fun, and the characters and story are lighthearted and cute. The game is also one of the funniest games I've ever played. Whenever Delsus opens his mouth, hilarity ensues. The game is totally cliched, but it just adds to the hilarity.This is the throwback game to the SNES for sure. Oh yea, Delsus is now one of my all time favorite game characters :lol:Fantasy_Gamer

Yeah. It is a simple, yet very enjoyable RPG. I remember, I was bored with all the games I'm playing, I checked my library of PS2 games and decided to put Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana in my PS2 disc tray. The graphics is a little off with the PS2 standards, but I did not pay much attention to it. It is just so enjoyable.

I beat it! It took me 5 days, only because I wanted to get it out of the way before Rogue Galaxy comes out. I have to say though, the last boss was a pushover, especially since I skill breaked all of his attacks. (Having 3x double damage modifiers on each weapon can do that!) Anyway, I loved Atelier Iris and recommend it to anyone that is looking for a fun time that 's light on difficulty and heavy on humor.
Iron_Maiden_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Iron_Maiden_Z
Member since 2005 • 113 Posts
[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

[QUOTE="Headbanger88"] I started playing Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, and I have to so it's one of the most enjoyable rpg's I've played in a long while. It doesn't take itself too seriously, the combat and mana system is fun, and the characters and story are lighthearted and cute. The game is also one of the funniest games I've ever played. Whenever Delsus opens his mouth, hilarity ensues. The game is totally cliched, but it just adds to the hilarity.This is the throwback game to the SNES for sure. Oh yea, Delsus is now one of my all time favorite game characters :lol:Headbanger88

I beat it! It took me 5 days, only because I wanted to get it out of the way before Rogue Galaxy comes out. I have to say though, the last boss was a pushover, especially since I skill breaked all of his attacks. (Having 3x double damage modifiers on each weapon can do that!) Anyway, I loved Atelier Iris and recommend it to anyone that is looking for a fun time that 's light on difficulty and heavy on humor.

congrats! now go beat the extra dungeon. it's harder than hell =)

Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Headbanger88
[QUOTE="Headbanger88"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

[QUOTE="Headbanger88"] I started playing Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, and I have to so it's one of the most enjoyable rpg's I've played in a long while. It doesn't take itself too seriously, the combat and mana system is fun, and the characters and story are lighthearted and cute. The game is also one of the funniest games I've ever played. Whenever Delsus opens his mouth, hilarity ensues. The game is totally cliched, but it just adds to the hilarity.This is the throwback game to the SNES for sure. Oh yea, Delsus is now one of my all time favorite game characters :lol:Iron_Maiden_Z

There's an extra dungeon? I saved after I beat the game and reloaded it, and I was still in Mull's dungeon with the "Defeat Mull" mission incomplete. I just figured there was nothing there.
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Orasion_Seiz
[QUOTE="Iron_Maiden_Z"][QUOTE="Headbanger88"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

[QUOTE="Headbanger88"] I started playing Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, and I have to so it's one of the most enjoyable rpg's I've played in a long while. It doesn't take itself too seriously, the combat and mana system is fun, and the characters and story are lighthearted and cute. The game is also one of the funniest games I've ever played. Whenever Delsus opens his mouth, hilarity ensues. The game is totally cliched, but it just adds to the hilarity.This is the throwback game to the SNES for sure. Oh yea, Delsus is now one of my all time favorite game characters :lol:Headbanger88

There's an extra dungeon? I saved after I beat the game and reloaded it, and I was still in Mull's dungeon with the "Defeat Mull" mission incomplete. I just figured there was nothing there.

Go back to your base, there will be a scene. Then go to that Playground place (forgot the name). There will be some kind of portal.