The_Judgemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 The_Judgemaster
Member since 2006 • 142 Posts
This is a no brainer. Definitely, it is Final Fantasy.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
Until now, I cannot comprehend what people saw in Zelda. That Link character is a very generic looking elf. I have only tried the 2D ones and all my experience was a lot of hack n' slash and some grabbing. I just don't know about the newer ones.
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#4 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
Legend of Zelda none of its games ever disapointed me so bad that I sold it.
alexjonathan41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 alexjonathan41
Member since 2010 • 283 Posts

Legend of Zelda none of its games ever disapointed me so bad that I sold it.D3dr0_0

I have been disappointed since the original game.

JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 JukedSolid
Member since 2006 • 991 Posts

LoZ: A Link to the Past was the first game I ever played when I was pretty young and for a kid's first game I thought it was pretty awesome. You're not as focused on plotlines and moral dilemmas when you're young and the black and white idea of being the only one who can save the country from the evil Ganondorf is as simple and satisfying as you can get. If I had started those games as a teenager I would probably not be as in to it as I am now but I've had a good history with LoZ so I have to throw my two cents in.

However, I still voted for FF because on a total level of quality and entertainment, Final Fantasy is far superior.  

Deadlyrain92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Deadlyrain92
Member since 2005 • 22002 Posts

is this a serious thread question/poll? :s

FF.

z827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#8 z827
Member since 2008 • 4731 Posts

Until now, I cannot comprehend what people saw in Zelda. That Link character is a very generic looking elf. I have only tried the 2D ones and all my experience was a lot of hack n' slash and some grabbing. I just don't know about the newer ones.Fantasy_Gamer
The newer ones are still generally hack-and-slash , with some bombs and bows etc. etc. In Action standards , I'd only rate it average , in RPG standards , it sucks :P

Well , there are better Action games such as Monster Hunter and God Eater , so I don't really see what's the hype for Zelda :X The game doesn't really pick up in content nor excitement but you won't really get bored to the extremities of it.

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 D3dr0_0

[QUOTE="D3dr0_0"]Legend of Zelda none of its games ever disapointed me so bad that I sold it.alexjonathan41

I have been disappointed since the original game.

Can't realy be disappointed if never had hope for it now can you.

Avatar image for A_Fading_Scream
A_Fading_Scream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 A_Fading_Scream
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts

FF

despite trying, zelda never held my attention for very long at all, around 10 mins at the most...

Avatar image for The_Judgemaster
The_Judgemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Judgemaster

FF.

Deadlyrain92

My point... exactly.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 valereth-1
Member since 2009 • 9249 Posts
Until now, I cannot comprehend what people saw in Zelda. That Link character is a very generic looking elf. I have only tried the 2D ones and all my experience was a lot of hack n' slash and some grabbing. I just don't know about the newer ones.Fantasy_Gamer
WHO CARES?! Games AREN'T about story. They are about gameplay,. They always have been about gameplay. They always will be about gameplay.
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 valereth-1
Final Fantasy's stories are better. Zelda's gameplay is better. Zelda has disappointed me less than Final Fantasy, but Final Fantasy VI.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
Final Fantasy has better gameplay as compared to all the Zelda games I've played.
z827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 z827
Lol , your actually content about Zelda's gameplay? :O Though I must admit that I had fun riding on my good ol' horse while shooting every one else down with my bow , I prefer Final Fantasy despite it's....well , typical JRPG battle standards :P
alexjonathan41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 alexjonathan41

Final Fantasy's stories are better. Zelda's gameplay is better. Zelda has disappointed me less than Final Fantasy, but Final Fantasy VI.valereth-1

The gameplay of Zelda is repetitive. Most of the Zelda games are more or less the same, with a few tweaks here and there.

As for Final Fantasy's gameplay, Tactics was praised for its gameplay.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 valereth-1
Lol , your actually content about Zelda's gameplay? :O Though I must admit that I had fun riding on my good ol' horse while shooting every one else down with my bow , I prefer Final Fantasy despite it's....well , typical JRPG battle standards :Pz827
Zelda's gameplay has far more variety than Final Fantasy's gameplay. Then again, that isn't hard to do
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 valereth-1

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]Final Fantasy's stories are better. Zelda's gameplay is better. Zelda has disappointed me less than Final Fantasy, but Final Fantasy VI.alexjonathan41

The gameplay of Zelda is repetitive. Most of the Zelda games are more or less the same, with a few tweaks here and there.

As for Final Fantasy's gameplay, Tactics was praised for its gameplay.

Final Fantasy's gameplay is also repetitive. Most Final Fantasy games are more or less the same, with a few tweaks here and there.

One game having different gameplay does not change the fact that about 11 of the Final Fantasy games play pretty much the same

The_Judgemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Judgemaster
Gameplay does not only include the battle system and exploration. It also involves the mini-games, how fun or tedious a side quest is, how you interect with the NPCs, the controls, how you customize your characters' equipment and abilities, and many other factors.
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 valereth-1
Gameplay does not only include the battle system and exploration. It also involves the mini-games, how fun or tedious a side quest is, how you interect with the NPCs, the controls, how you customize your characters' equipment and abilities, and many other factors.The_Judgemaster
And, for the most part, most of the primary Final Fantasy games have played the exact same way
The_Judgemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Judgemaster
Except for a few, how we customize and power up our characters alone, I do not see "how" FF games have played "the exact same way". Well, if you talk about walking, exploring dungeons, casting spells and equipping swords, we mighas well generalize the entire RPG library for being the same.
z827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 z827

A debate? :?

Well , truth be told , both series need to evolve from their old shells to be honest. The Zelda series had mainly seen improvements but not entirely new systems whereas Final Fantasy retains it's old system while adding several new systems per game , but not retaining them.

Gameplay-wise , it's hard to compare due to major differences but from a RPG stand of view , Final Fantasy is much more concrete in it's system and gameplay as a RPG game. Zelda is somewhere in the borderline of being an Action game and a RPG. It also lacks a large variety of content compared to typical RPGs , nor is it actually quite as exciting as typical action games.

But Zelda can certainly be compared to the Crystal Chronicles series. Though I don't think that's within the point? :P

JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 JukedSolid
Member since 2006 • 991 Posts

Well , truth be told , both series need to evolve from their old shells to be honest. The Zelda series had mainly seen improvements but not entirely new systems whereas Final Fantasy retains it's old system while adding several new systems per game , but not retaining them.

Gameplay-wise , it's hard to compare due to major differences but from a RPG stand of view , Final Fantasy is much more concrete in it's system and gameplay as a RPG game. Zelda is somewhere in the borderline of being an Action game and a RPG. It also lacks a large variety of content compared to typical RPGs , nor is it actually quite as exciting as typical action games.

But Zelda can certainly be compared to the Crystal Chronicles series. Though I don't think that's within the point? :P

z827

dude I think you just totally nailed it. Completely unbiased. props. 

z827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 z827
[QUOTE="z827"]

JukedSolid

dude I think you just totally nailed it. Completely unbiased. props.

Lol , I guess reviewing Animes had turned me into a non-biased person in terms of judging games XD
Avatar image for Zero_resistance
Zero_resistance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Zero_resistance
Member since 2009 • 232 Posts

They're two different types of RPG

I like Zelda, But I also like FF, but which is best?

There's only one way to find out!!

FIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

Yonathin3155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Yonathin3155
Member since 2009 • 1265 Posts

Zelda is an Action/Advnture series. The only Zelda RPG was Zelda II: Adventure of Link.

That being said, I prefer Zelda's gameplay. Except for Twilight Princess, which was far too boring/easy.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 valereth-1

Zelda is an Action/Advnture series. The only Zelda RPG was Zelda II: Adventure of Link.

That being said, I prefer Zelda's gameplay. Except for Twilight Princess, which was far too boring/easy.

Yonathin3155
Twilight Princess is my favorite 3D Zelda game
z827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 z827
[QUOTE="Yonathin3155"]

valereth-1
Twilight Princess is my favorite 3D Zelda game

I smell trouble :(
snoogans77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 snoogans77
Member since 2009 • 306 Posts
i dont find this fair cuz i played zelda forever and final fantasy too. i have no answer.
alexjonathan41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 alexjonathan41

Fun is not something I have had when playing Zelda games. Final Fantasy is fun to play, has intriguing storylines, and is beautiful to look at. Zelda's gameplay is repetitive and boring, the storylines are predictable, and the graphics are nothing to brag about.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

FF.

Deadlyrain92

I find it hard to belive people actually voted for Zelda. *cough*Nintendo fanboys*cough*

Poltergeist86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Poltergeist86
Member since 2003 • 1888 Posts

Hard question, I'm a junkie of both series!

why isn't there a neutral option :cry:

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 valereth-1
[QUOTE="Deadlyrain92"]

FF.

samanthademeste

I find it hard to belive people actually voted for Zelda. *cough*Nintendo fanboys*cough*

Such a statement makes you come across as a Square Enix fanboy
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 D3dr0_0
[QUOTE="Deadlyrain92"]

FF.

samanthademeste

But I don't like Mario I'm more of a Zelda fan boy.

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 magitekk
Member since 2009 • 3959 Posts
I've never actually played Zelda, but the very thought of playing as a boy dressed in green that looks like an elf in every single game is just plain retarded. Same with having the same villain in just about every game in the series: lame.
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 valereth-1
I've never actually played Zelda, but the very thought of playing as a boy dressed in green that looks like an elf in every single game is just plain retarded. Same with having the same villain in just about every game in the series: lame.magitekk
You should really give one or two of the games a try some time. They are very good. Story is not the point of Zelda. It is all about gameplay, and games like Links Awakening, Link to the Past and Twilight Princess all have absolutely stellar gameplay
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 samanthademeste

[QUOTE="magitekk"]I've never actually played Zelda, but the very thought of playing as a boy dressed in green that looks like an elf in every single game is just plain retarded. Same with having the same villain in just about every game in the series: lame.valereth-1
You should really give one or two of the games a try some time. They are very good. Story is not the point of Zelda. It is all about gameplay, and games like Links Awakening, Link to the Past and Twilight Princess all have absolutely stellar gameplay

Almost every Zelda game is more or less a rip-off of its predecessor, and Skyward Sword is no different.

Lttp: more or less a rip-off of the first Zelda game

OoT: more or less a rip-off of Lttp

TP: more or less a rip-off of OoT

SS: more or less a rip-off of WW and TP

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 valereth-1

[QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="magitekk"]I've never actually played Zelda, but the very thought of playing as a boy dressed in green that looks like an elf in every single game is just plain retarded. Same with having the same villain in just about every game in the series: lame.samanthademeste

Almost every Zelda game is more or less a rip-off of its predecessor, and Skyward Sword is no different.

Again. It is NOT about the story. It is about stellar gameplay, and Zelda has that
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 samanthademeste
[QUOTE="samanthademeste"]

[QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="magitekk"]I've never actually played Zelda, but the very thought of playing as a boy dressed in green that looks like an elf in every single game is just plain retarded. Same with having the same villain in just about every game in the series: lame.valereth-1

Again. It is NOT about the story. It is about stellar gameplay, and Zelda has that

Stellar gameplay=rip-off and unoriginality.

Oh and just because Nintendo has Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Pokemon dose not automatically make them better then Playstation/Xbox. And older does not always mean better, sometimes someone can come along and outdo the older version.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 valereth-1
[QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="samanthademeste"]

[QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="magitekk"]I've never actually played Zelda, but the very thought of playing as a boy dressed in green that looks like an elf in every single game is just plain retarded. Same with having the same villain in just about every game in the series: lame.samanthademeste

stellar gameplay=rip-off and unoriginality.

You cannot rip off yourself. the Zelda game play is a lot more involved and varied than the Final Fantasy gameplay. FFIV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX and X-2 all play the same, you know.
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 samanthademeste
[QUOTE="samanthademeste"][QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="samanthademeste"]

[QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="magitekk"]I've never actually played Zelda, but the very thought of playing as a boy dressed in green that looks like an elf in every single game is just plain retarded. Same with having the same villain in just about every game in the series: lame.valereth-1

You cannot rip off yourself. the Zelda game play is a lot more involved and varied than the Final Fantasy gameplay. FFIV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX and X-2 all play the same, you know.

yes you can, its called being repetitive.

Final fantasy is NOT reptitive in that sense. Each Final Fantasy has a differant story, gameplay, graphics, characters, world ect.

Zelda is pretty much the same thing over and over.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 valereth-1
[QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="samanthademeste"][QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="samanthademeste"]

Final fantasy is NOT reptitive in that sense. Each Final Fantasy has a differant story, gameplay, graphics, characters, world ect.

Story, yes, though FF definitely has a formula (that FFXII broke). Zelda has a formula to it's story (that Links Awakening and Adventures of Link broke). As described above, the gameplay mechanics are the same for quite a number of the Final Fantasy games. Thney made tweeks to the system but so has Zelda. One would be foolish to say that all of the Zelda games have the same graphics. Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess all have their own distinct looks. Your arguments sound more like the cries of a Final Fantasy fanboy who desperately wants to be right and knows they are wrong than actual arguments
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 samanthademeste
[QUOTE="samanthademeste"][QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="samanthademeste"][QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="samanthademeste"]

Story, yes, though FF definitely has a formula (that FFXII broke). Zelda has a formula to it's story (that Links Awakening and Adventures of Link broke). As described above, the gameplay mechanics are the same for quite a number of the Final Fantasy games. Thney made tweeks to the system but so has Zelda. One would be foolish to say that all of the Zelda games have the same graphics. Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess all have their own distinct looks. Your arguments sound more like the cries of a Final Fantasy fanboy who desperately wants to be right and knows they are wrong than actual arguments

OK, there have been one or two truly unique Zelda games, but the gameplay has not evolved that much over the years, but Final Fantasy has not had the same gameplay since X. Twilight Princess did not change the formula very much, hell with TP I felt like I was playing a fancier version of OoT. Skyward Sword is blending Wind Waker and Twilight Princess and essentially has the same formula of gameplay of all the Zelda games before it. FF11, FF12, and FF13 played nothing like each other at all. FF14 will hopefully be more enjoyable then 11.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 valereth-1
[QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="samanthademeste"][QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="samanthademeste"][QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="samanthademeste"]

OK, there have been one or two truly unique Zelda games, but the gameplay has not evolved that much over the years, but Final Fantasy has not had the same gameplay since X. Twilight Princess did not change the formula very much, hell with TP I felt like I was playing a fancier version of OoT. Skyward Sword is blending Wind Waker and Twilight Princess and essentially has the same formula of gameplay of all the Zelda games before it. FF11, FF12, and FF13 played nothing like each other at all. FF14 will hopefully be more enjoyable then 11.

Most people would argue that Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XII played quite similar. I have seen this stated time and time again on pretty much every Final Fantasy forum that I have been on.

I gave you 4 prime examples of distinct looks for the Zelda series. Do not ignore it. From a graphical standpoint, it is no more repetitive than the Final Fantasy series is.

You say there has been no gameplay changes or innovations in the Zelda franchise, which makes me wonder if you have even played them. Seriously, Twilight Princess had you playing as a wolf a good portion of the time. Wolf Link played nothing like Human Link. It played nothing like any previous Zelda game. They changed up the format in a big way, once again, when they did the DS games. They controlled entirely with the stylus, giving them their own unique feel. This means that the Zelda series has evolved it's gameplay with the last few entries, which means that your statement about Final Fantasy finally changing it's format with FFXI, FFXII and FFXIII (FFX does not count because it played like the first 3. It got rid of the time bar. It, essentially, devolved itself.) is also true about the Legend of Zelda series.

Once again, your arguments sound more like the desperate cries of a fanboy who knows they are wrong than actual arguments

samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 samanthademeste

Lets see all the BIG so-called changes, shall we?

First Zelda:This is the first Zelda game. And, since then, has remained pretty much the same story and gameplay. Zeld gets captured, you must save her by going in dungeons to get iteams and defeat the boss, and then beat Ganon.

Lttp: Other then removing the religious imagry (which has nothing to do with the gameplay at all) and expanding on the mythology of the series (nothing to do with gameplay, AGAIN) it played more or less the same: Zelda is captured, you must go into a dungeon pick up items, beat the boss, and then beat ganon at his tower. The end.

OoT: The mythology of the series was even more expaned (nothing to do with gameplay) Ok, you can ride a horse for the first time. OOOOH, so much differant, NOT. Its STILL: Zelda is captured, you have to go into a dungeon, beat the boss in that dungeon, go in the next dungeon, ect, and then beat Ganon at the end.

TP: OOOH, look at me, I can turn around as a wolf, so much change to the series! Yet I feel like I have played this game before, hmm strange.

If you ask me, YOUR being the fanboy who does not want to hear any criticsm of Nintendo/Zelda. Final Fantasy has its falts, but it is the superior series because it is differant each time. Not to mention it sold more.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 valereth-1

First Zelda:This is the first Zelda game. And, since then, has remained pretty much the same story and gameplay. Zeld gets captured, you must save her by going in dungeons to get iteams and defeat the boss, and then beat Ganon.

Lttp: Other then removing the religious imagry (which has nothing to do with the gameplay at all) and expanding on the mythology of the series (nothing to do with gameplay, AGAIN) it played more or less the same: Zelda is captured, you must go into a dungeon pick up items, beat the boss, and then beat ganon at his tower. The end.

OoT: The mythology of the series was even more expaned (nothing to do with gameplay) Ok, you can ride a horse for the first time. OOOOH, so much differant, NOT. Its STILL: Zelda is captured, you have to go into a dungeon, beat the boss in that dungeon, go in the next dungeon, ect, and then beat Ganon at the end.

TP: OOOH, look at me, I can turn around as a wolf, so much change to the series! Yet I feel like I have played this game before, hmm strange.

If you ask me, YOUR being the fanboy who does not want to hear any criticsm of Nintendo/Zelda. Final Fantasy has its falts, but it is the superior series because it is differant each time. Not to mention it sold more.

samanthademeste

No. You are not giving criticisms of the Zelda series. You are being ignorant.

What about Links Awakening? Bam! Zelda without Zelda. 

Sales figures do not prove anything. The fact that you are bringing up sales figures at all is proof that you are nothing more than a Final Fantasy fanboy that desperately wants to be right when you know you aren't

samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 samanthademeste
[QUOTE="samanthademeste"]

valereth-1

Sales figures do not prove anything. The fact that you are bringing up sales figures at all is proof that you are nothing more than a Final Fantasy fanboy that desperately wants to be right when you know you aren't

Its like talking to a wall.

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 magitekk
Member since 2009 • 3959 Posts
[QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="samanthademeste"]

samanthademeste

Except walls don't troll and act like epic douche bags.

samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 samanthademeste

magitekk

Yeah, talking to a wall is better.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 valereth-1

magitekk

Samantha does, though