maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts

Which Final Fantasy gave you emotions as sadness, anger, or even giving you a small teardrop. An emotion like you were actually in the game and understood the situation, and the sandess, or anger of everyone.

I would have to say FFX. There were about 4 parts were I actually had a small, tiny teardrop. List Below!

!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILERS ARE AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!

1. The begining in Besaid, with the music, while they leave and the boy comes running and he cries, that was sad.

2. Lake Macalania, where the "Spring Scene" happens where Yuna and Tidus kiss, the main story behind that scene mainly made me sad, how she couldnt stop her pilgrimage.

3. When they are at the Al'Behd HOME and when Tidus finds out that Yuna will die with the Final Aeon, Rikku is telling him and she is about to cry.

4. The ending scene where Tidus leaves and Yuna goes threw him. That whole scene actually.

Final Fantasy X is the BEST game that I have ever played, and hopefully will stay number 1 for me.

bahamat0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 bahamat0
Member since 2003 • 1890 Posts
I'd say FFVII upon Aerith's death, the music played, the boss battle fought (while the music was still playing), how Cloud reacts. It was all just sad how Cloud was staring at Aeris and suddenly she dies right towards his eyes.
archenemy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 archenemy4
Member since 2009 • 975 Posts
I agree wid bahamat0. That was really the sad moment.
I'd say FFVII upon Aerith's death, the music played, the boss battle fought (while the music was still playing), how Cloud reacts. It was all just sad how Cloud was staring at Aeris and suddenly she dies right towards his eyes.bahamat0
Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bauers-Twin
Member since 2007 • 14150 Posts
every final fantasy game has emotion really. X and VII both have alot but its hard to say which was more emotional really.
Avatar image for A_Fading_Scream
A_Fading_Scream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 A_Fading_Scream
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts

def FFVII...it may not have had the intensity of emotion in FFX, but it had a sustained drain on your feelings...in FFX, everything was about the controled characters in the speech with people, in VII, it really wasnt, it was about everyones suffering, and there were very few light bits, but overall it was very dark...i didnt really explain tht very well, bt oh well...VII, then IX, then X, then VIII, if i take the above examples...

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
The Ronso battle in Final Fantasy X. The music sets the tone.
z827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#7 z827
Member since 2008 • 4731 Posts
Even though my favourite FF is FFVII,I'd say...FFVIII....after I grown up anyway.When I was a kid FFVIII doesn't impact me much but when I replay it after growing up a lil'...
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

1. FFVII - I was really shocked when Aeris ****. I never expected it.

2. FFV - Galuf... I loved that old man.

3. FFIV - Palom & Porom... Those kids' sacrifice is too much... I almost shed a tear.

4. FFVIII - Odin being split into two by Seifer. 

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#9 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
I would have to say FFVII.
sk84uhlivin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sk84uhlivin
Member since 2009 • 1393 Posts
I think for me was the opening sequence for FFX. That music omfg! I bought it off of iTunes, lol. I wish they'd have more music like that in other Final Fantasy games. For the record, it's called Otherworld.
Genesis1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Genesis1812
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts

Crisis Core affected me most just with the ending. It was actually the only scene to make me cry.

But as a whole X was the most emotional for me, especially with that scene with Rikku and Tidus. VII couldn't be as emotional as it should have been for obvious reasons :evil:...

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NeoGen85

I think for me was the opening sequence for FFX. That music omfg! I bought it off of iTunes, lol. I wish they'd have more music like that in other Final Fantasy games. For the record, it's called Otherworld.sk84uhlivin

Don't you feel like an outcast. If someone didn't die or kiss then it isn't emotional. xD

sk84uhlivin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sk84uhlivin

[QUOTE="sk84uhlivin"]I think for me was the opening sequence for FFX. That music omfg! I bought it off of iTunes, lol. I wish they'd have more music like that in other Final Fantasy games. For the record, it's called Otherworld.NeoGen85

Don't you feel like an outcast. If someone didn't die or kiss then it isn't emotional. xD

Psssh excuse me. 

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

I felt pretty sad for Vivi in FFIX, what with his personal struggle and everything, so that.

Also, I have to put out there that I didn't find what happened to Aeris surprising at all. :P

Avatar image for A_Fading_Scream
A_Fading_Scream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 A_Fading_Scream
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts
@ DrAwesomeMD wot wud Chuck Norris have to say on the subject of chrono trigger? haha
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#16 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
@DrAwesome good too see someone else didn't find it surprising.
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NeoGen85
[QUOTE="NeoGen85"]

[QUOTE="sk84uhlivin"]I think for me was the opening sequence for FFX. That music omfg! I bought it off of iTunes, lol. I wish they'd have more music like that in other Final Fantasy games. For the record, it's called Otherworld.sk84uhlivin

Psssh excuse me. 

Hehe. I was saying that for the both of us. xD

My favorite emotional moment is when the Kimahri gains his honor back in FFX.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

I felt pretty sad for Vivi in FFIX, what with his personal struggle and everything, so that.

Also, I have to put out there that I didn't find what happened to Aeris surprising at all. :P

DrAwesomeMD

Oh yeah! Vivi's inner struggle! I forgot to include it in the list! Poor Vivi... :( Still, he's AWESOME! :D 

sk84uhlivin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sk84uhlivin
[QUOTE="sk84uhlivin"][QUOTE="NeoGen85"]

[QUOTE="sk84uhlivin"]I think for me was the opening sequence for FFX. That music omfg! I bought it off of iTunes, lol. I wish they'd have more music like that in other Final Fantasy games. For the record, it's called Otherworld.NeoGen85

Psssh excuse me. 

Hehe. I was saying that for the both of us. xD

My favorite emotional moment is when the Kimahri gains his honor back in FFX.

Well okay then I'll play it "sad" emotional then.

I think the Tidus and Yuna kissing scene at that lake was pretty emotional. 

Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#20 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
None that I can think of honestly. I don't get emotionally attached to any of the characters or anything.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#21 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

I say Final Fantasy:

III: Aria pushes Luneth aside and dies :(, then comes the octo boss :)
IV: Palom and Porom's sacrifice (Break/Stone)

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts

I'd say FFVII upon Aerith's death, the music played, the boss battle fought (while the music was still playing), how Cloud reacts. It was all just sad how Cloud was staring at Aeris and suddenly she dies right towards his eyes.bahamat0

Thats the same for me... SO SAD!!!

ExireHG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ExireHG
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts

That's a little hard for me to decide actually. There's FFVIII where in my opinion, the only time FF did right with a love story. But the main thing is the development of Squall over the course of the game. He progresses and grows in small steps that are noticable but it never seemed forced. In my opinion its one of the best jobs Square has ever done with a Final Fantasy.

Then again, this is purely about emotion. So then perhaps I'll lean towards FFX. The emotions this game caused was bordering on violent. There was the kissing scene which by itself is just annoying. However, knowing Yuna couldn't quit her pilgrimage and knowing what would happen to her was actually really sad. The culminating battle/confrontation with Seymour when Yuna finds out his secret was really awesome too. I remember I actually got goosebumps from that. I remember feeling Rikku's and the other Al Bhed's gut wrenching feelings with...doing that one thing in HOME before leaving in the airship.

Tidus discovering what will happen to Yuna if she finishes her pilgrimage, I was legitimately shocked. The confrontation between Tidus and the final boss was strong and something I was personally waiting for. Strangely enough, when you had to fight against your own aeons, that made me really sad. Strange really, like I had developed a personal connection with them without realizing it until the end.  The most devastated I got was after defeating the final boss and what happens to Auron. He was my favorite character by far, I was honestly devastated. Seriously XD. And finally, the end with what happens to Tidus. When Yuna tried to hug him, ugh, that was awful. I didn't believe the love relationship for one second in FFX, but I felt that emotion. The only time in any game where I actually shed a tear. And to get that from me, I really felt it. It was pretty powerful.

In my opinion, FFX gave off some of the strongest emotions of any game I've ever played. Maybe it was first being opened up to full voice acting or the twists. The game was really linear and the story wasn't all that surprising but despite being somewhat short it's packed with a lot of emotion in those 40 hours.

Arc166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Arc166
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts
I'm fairly sure it's nine. Tactics Advance could be it though.
Z_XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Z_XIII
Member since 2009 • 102 Posts
I'd have to say FFX
Nikki-S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nikki-S
Member since 2008 • 371 Posts

I would say FFVII...but FFX had more situations than VII did that made me emotional, so X wins!

SPOILERS!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SPOILERS!!!

FFVII: Aeris death of course, Cloud's reaction, even though poorly translated, was quite touching. I loved how they kept her theme playing during the boss battle.

FFX: Argh too many to list! A few, Yuna n Tidus when they kiss. The end of it when he leaps off the ship. Many more...

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts

Tied VII and X!

FFX FTW

Adzey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Adzey
Member since 2004 • 389 Posts

3. When they are at the Al'Bhed HOME and when Tidus finds out that Yuna will die with the Final Aeon, Rikku is telling him and she is about to cry.

maniamsmart

I couldn't think of anything at that moment other than...what the hell is that guy saying over the speakerphone ehhhh? Annoy Wakka? Avoid Wakka? I'm Annoying Aren't I? Just what is it he is saying (I know it's probably Al Bhed for your generic evacuate immediately but it was annoying)

I'm gonna have to agree that X is the most emotional FF, Just about everything in it was emotional of some sort, I had a pretty heavy heart when Tidus was getting sent to Spira right at the start, I think that's why Tidus is such a good character, because you can feel with him so well and relate to him. Peopl call him whiny and uncool for a main character, but that's the point. I don't think there is one point in FFVII where I sympathise with Cloud because I don't understand what he's going through, most people don't but Tidus goes through the same problems as everyone in the real world and that's essential when writing any story be it fantasy or not.

little-tim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 little-tim
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

I totally agree with maniamsmart's beginning post.

Especially with the scene at the lake, that was really sad, & FFX is one of the best games I've ever played.

Cloud850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cloud850
Member since 2009 • 176 Posts
FFX for sure
Soras_ml

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Soras_ml
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

FFVII was sad when Aeris died. I never expected it. And after that, i  just wanted to hunt down sephy and kill the *******.

But in Crisis Core, even though i knew what was going to happen at the end, i still cried. Zack was awesome 

Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#32 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts

Non of the FF games i played had made me emotional. Or maybe its just me that i dont feel anything whenever i play a FF. Its like its normal to me. There are times though that i get some spine chilling reactions.

If you guys like something that will shed your tears then play the Tales series (especially Abyss and Symphonia)

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 magitekk
Member since 2009 • 3959 Posts
In FFVI, if you don't manage to save Cid. Celes would try to commit suicide by throwing herself from the cliff. That was pretty shocking and emotional, I think.