TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts

Not to be confused with best villian. ;)

Which Final Fantasy do you think had the best final boss battle? Design, set-up, visuals,etc.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
FFIV asnd FFXII
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
I am not sure...I've liked other battles like the one with Kimahri against Biran and Yanke. The theme, People of the North Pole makes it meaningful.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
for me, it's VI, VII, and X. That evil angel look is pretty cool, as well as the big, furry, tough Aeon look. I mostly picked these because they have my favorite final battle music! :D
Etheralfayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Etheralfayt
Member since 2004 • 477 Posts
Viii was really cool, I love the 3-4part end battle with Ultimecia and the GF... and Ix was awesome too, loved the boss designs.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
FFIX had the best final battle imo...
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DJ-Lafleur

FFIX had the best final battle imo...NWA_31

FFIX's final battle was pretty good, as well, though I had more fun going through Memoria to reach the final battle, Memoria is my favorite final place, but that's not really following the topic, so sorry about that!

Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shekb
Member since 2005 • 13506 Posts
FFIX is awsome all the way through :lol:
FFIX and FFX have the best setting
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#9 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
hmm...I would say Final Fantasy VIII had the best. FFX was far too easy.
Ebi_Furya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#10 Ebi_Furya
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

I think I'm going to have to go with FF VIII on this one as well. I didn't like the actual ending too much, but I did enjoy the actual Final Boss Battles through all of Ultamecia's/Griever's forms.

My most memorable is VII. I decided to make a go for it when I was really under leveled and Sephiroth had used his ultra attack (I can't remember the name of it, but it's the one with the really long animation) and killed Cloud and Barrett and left Vincent with only 100 HP but his Limit was full which I quickly used. I Giga Dunked his *** and won the battle. Good times... :P

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Amnesiac23
yeah. As much as I LOVE FFVIII, it's ending wasn't the best. Sweet though. But just not all that great for the amout of time I spent beating that woman... lol:( Oh well...
Sprigain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Sprigain
Member since 2006 • 3575 Posts
for me it was VIII and IX
Sonic_Wolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13 Sonic_Wolfe
Member since 2007 • 281 Posts

[QUOTE="NWA_31"]FFIX had the best final battle imo...DJ-Lafleur

FFIX's final battle was pretty good, as well, though I had more fun going through Memoria to reach the final battle, Memoria is my favorite final place, but that's not really following the topic, so sorry about that!

Im right there with ya on that one, Memoria was beautiful, and the theory behind Necron was impressive, fighting death itself...heh.....

Avatar image for TheHeartofaLion
TheHeartofaLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheHeartofaLion
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts

Best final boss battle: Ultimecia in FFVIII - the music, the setting, the boss - everything was perfect.

FFVII was close. It's Sephiroth - who can argue?

XII's final boss sequence was great. After fighting Yiazmat, though, he was too easy...

Don't get me started on FFX. Normally, it would be one of the best final bosses ever, but I took out Jecht with one hit (Magus Sisters' limit break). Sad....

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DJ-Lafleur

Best final boss battle: Ultimecia in FFVIII - the music, the setting, the boss - everything was perfect.

XII's final boss sequence was great. After fighting Yiazmat, though, he was too easy...

Don't get me started on FFX. Normally, it would be one of the best final bosses ever, but I took out Jecht with one hit (Magus Sisters' limit break). Sad....

TheHeartofaLion

FVIII's final battle was cool and interesting, though it was a pretty long battle, which I suppose is also a good thing.

in this union, there are plenty of people who will argue about Sephiroth. ;)

I also fought and beat Yiazmat, and yes, the last boss wasn't too difficult afterwards

and Jecht is easy if you do alot of optional stuff, certainly, but if not, I would think he would put up more of a fight.

TheHeartofaLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheHeartofaLion

^You're right about X. Without all of the optional stuff, Jecht might put up quite a fight. Maybe I should try that, then I can actually listen to his boss theme for more than two minutes.

And yeah, I'm sure that there are plenty of gamers here that will argue about Sephiroth. Haven't given it much thought. :P

Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shekb
Sure, if you're not overleveled, stuff are harder that way :P
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fs_metal

TheHeartofaLion
I can. That fight presented absolutely no challenge, and Sephiroth is a terrible excuse for a villian
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
[QUOTE="TheHeartofaLion"]

fs_metal

I can. That fight presented absolutely no challenge, and Sephiroth is a terrible excuse for a villian

Not this again -_- do you have to start this in every thread ?

Let's just stay on topic for once...

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TaCoDuDe
[QUOTE="TheHeartofaLion"]

fs_metal

Not everybody hates Sephiroth.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DJ-Lafleur

^You're right about X. Without all of the optional stuff, Jecht might put up quite a fight. Maybe I should try that, then I can actually listen to his boss theme for more than two minutes.

And yeah, I'm sure that there are plenty of gamers here that will argue about Sephiroth. Haven't given it much thought. :P

TheHeartofaLion

Jecht's boss theme is awesome! I could kill him in a heart beat, but I take it easy on him just to listen to it, and I do this to plenty of other easy final bosses with awesome music as well. ;)

and the sad truth is, this union has more Sephiroth haters than fans, from what I can tell, and I don't need any of the Sephy haters to tell me why. I can already assume what you would say. :|

Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shekb
Sadly, people just can't shut up about him :P
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Amnesiac23
lol I can't help it. Hate is a strong feeling :P Not used to biting my tounge.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fs_metal
The best boss theme is Dancing Mad. DArk Messanger was awesoem as well
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TaCoDuDe

The best boss theme is Dancing Mad. DArk Messanger was awesoem as wellfs_metal

Yeah, I agree. Dancing Mad was the best boss theme.

ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ThreeVo
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts

FFIV asnd FFXIIfs_metal
Hmmm i think 6 comes b4 12 but defenetley 4,5,6 take the throne

I dont care how much someone likes ff 8 or 9 or 10, there all good in there respective fields but lacked the epic feeling, there is somthing captivating about the midi music and 2d still rendered boss animations in the classics. I personaly liked tactics ending, but thats just a personal liking

ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ThreeVo
story aside the one winged angel battle is still a great fight even though he can be dropped in less than a minute and a half. Bosses with multiple forms sometimes win me over i guess.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Amnesiac23
I actually liked FFXs last battle setting. But the last battle of FFVI for some reason was insanly great (same with FFIV). I like the final boss battles of the 2d games more than the 3d because you had to work harder in those games than in the newer ones. lol FFI was satisfiying on so many levels.
ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ThreeVo

Xs last battle setting was nice but yu yevon was incredibly unimpresive.... although the meaning and story were relevent, the battle was only slightly intense and climactic imo

As with necron.... in ff9, once again memoria was an incredible setting however necron was not that powerful of a last battle, kuja was more impresive than necron i must say... but that doesnt count becuase kuja was not the last boss of course.

Like i said zeromus, xdeath and fused Kefka were exciting fights i must say.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]FFIV asnd FFXIIThreeVo

Hmmm i think 6 comes b4 12 but defenetley 4,5,6 take the throne

I dont care how much someone likes ff 8 or 9 or 10, there all good in there respective fields but lacked the epic feeling, there is somthing captivating about the midi music and 2d still rendered boss animations in the classics. I personaly liked tactics ending, but thats just a personal liking

My favorites go like so: FFVI, FFXII, FFIV, FFIX, FFV, FFI
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Amnesiac23

Xs last battle setting was nice but yu yevon was incredibly unimpresive.... although the meaning and story were relevent, the battle was only slightly intense and climactic imo

As with necron.... in ff9, once again memoria was an incredible setting however necron was not that powerful of a last battle, kuja was more impresive than necron i must say... but that doesnt count becuase kuja was not the last boss of course.

ThreeVo

I agree. Yu Yevon, for one thing was the easiest boss in the entire FF series in my opinion. Also, he was...good lord lol I don't really remember what Yu Yevon looked like. LOL and I've played it...3 times now....hmmm
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fs_metal
[QUOTE="ThreeVo"]

Amnesiac23

I agree. Yu Yevon, for one thing was the easiest boss in the entire FF series in my opinion. Also, he was...good lord lol I don't really remember what Yu Yevon looked like. LOL and I've played it...3 times now....hmmm

He was this white glow. That's all. Juist this stupid little floating white ball of light. There was no way to loose to him either. Every time you died, you autorevived. When I fought him, I didn't bother healing when I was fighting him, or using magic or anythign else. Just normal attacks. IT was a total disappointment
aerisISalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 aerisISalive
Member since 2005 • 1155 Posts
[QUOTE="Amnesiac23"][QUOTE="ThreeVo"]

fs_metal

He was this white glow. That's all. Juist this stupid little floating white ball of light. There was no way to loose to him either. Every time you died, you autorevived. When I fought him, I didn't bother healing when I was fighting him, or using magic or anythign else. Just normal attacks. IT was a total disappointment

For real, Yu Yevon was one weak mofo. And that sucks because I love FFX. I dont talk about it much but it's one of the best games ever.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Amnesiac23
thats what I was thinking. I keep seeing a little dot of a creature when I though of Yu Yevon. It was disspointing. When I saw Lulu come back to life automatically...I just stared at the screen like it was an alien that had jumped through my window to say hello. It was insane.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Amnesiac23"][QUOTE="ThreeVo"]

aerisISalive

For real, Yu Yevon was one weak mofo. And that sucks because I love FFX. I dont talk about it much but it's one of the best games ever.

'First of all, no it's not. 2 of hte worst characters in the history of role playing games, extreme linear, barely passable voicework (MGS it ain't) absolutely no exploration, and it is about as difficult as KH. It is faaaaaaar from perfect. The game is good, but anything but flawless or one of the best games ever

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TaCoDuDe
[QUOTE="aerisISalive"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Amnesiac23"][QUOTE="ThreeVo"]

fs_metal

'First of all, no it's not. 2 of hte worst characters in the history of role playing games, extreme linear, barely passable voicework (MGS it ain't) absolutely no exploration, and it is about as difficult as KH. It is faaaaaaar from perfect. The game is good, but anything but flawless or one of the best games ever

I have to agree with you there. Although the story was excellent.

aerisISalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 aerisISalive
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="aerisISalive"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Amnesiac23"][QUOTE="ThreeVo"]

TaCoDuDe

Yeah, I know it wasn't as good as most other FFs, but I still had tons of fun with it. Would those 2 "worst characters" happen to be Auron and Khimari? Cuz I hated them.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fs_metal
[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="aerisISalive"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Amnesiac23"][QUOTE="ThreeVo"]

aerisISalive

Yeah, I know it wasn't as good as most other FFs, but I still had tons of fun with it. Would those 2 "worst characters" happen to be Auron and Khimari? Cuz I hated them.

Auron was badass. I liked Khimari. The 2 worst characters are Tidus (the single worst lead character in any video game ever) and Rikku (who makes me want tp punch things)
Sonic_Wolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#39 Sonic_Wolfe
Member since 2007 • 281 Posts
[QUOTE="ThreeVo"]

Amnesiac23

Yu Yevon was black with the Fayth symbol on it, and on either side Yu Yevon had like 4 little legs things, one would think to make it look like a parasite......and I agree, this battle sucked, and was took ages to get to via summoning all ur Aeons!!

Ugh!

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DJ-Lafleur
I think we can all agree that the battle with Yu Yevon was stupid. But the battle with Braska's Final Aeon was pretty cool, I thought, and also with Seymour Omnis.
TheHeartofaLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheHeartofaLion
[QUOTE="aerisISalive"][QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="aerisISalive"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Amnesiac23"][QUOTE="ThreeVo"]

fs_metal

Auron was badass. I liked Khimari. The 2 worst characters are Tidus (the single worst lead character in any video game ever) and Rikku (who makes me want tp punch things)

Tidus annoyed the hell out of me. He reminded me alot of Ty Pennington; Idon't know why, he just did.

Auron is my most HATED character in FF ever. You could tell he actually had to try to be a badass. He was just a borderline "ass", in my opinion.

And yes, Yu Yevon SUCKED. It took forever to get through all of that summoning...

And that, is why FFX is my most dislike Final Fantasy game that I've played so far.

ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ThreeVo

I cant defend ff 10 entirely, the game was rather easy.. especaily if u customized ur amraments with auto haste and auto pheonix downs, the game was easy even with the post game side quests... but for some reason the story and characters, i had no problem with, even tidus.. was tolerable for me, even though some of the characters were anoying there were still rich with cahracter. And the setting of 10 imo was beutiful, i dont think amny can agrue that. It aslo had a great soundtrack. For some reason the game had me and b4 i knew i had put 300+ hrs in my ff 10 file(if i could post a screen shot i would, no bs) and every one had everything masterd with not a sinlge empty node, all were filled with everything to allow max stats for every character, so the game must have done somthing right, not too fond of blitz ball though......

Wow, i just relized how incredibly off topic this is, sry XD

serpentaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 serpentaurus
Member since 2007 • 294 Posts
[QUOTE="aerisISalive"][QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="aerisISalive"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Amnesiac23"][QUOTE="ThreeVo"]

fs_metal

LOL, Stay away from FFX-2 then, in that game the lead was given to Rikku and Yuna changed totally her personality to look a lot more like Rikku, so you will end up hitting things twice :P

Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shekb

Rikku is kool :P
She's not annoying in FFX, she's just different from others
And how come people hate Tidus ?
You'd rather have Vaan or Cloud or Squall ?
:P

aerisISalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 aerisISalive

Shekb
I am totally not hating on Tidus OR Rikku. But yes, I would rather have Vaan, Cloud, or Squall lol.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Amnesiac23
lol I'd like to have Squall too (I DIDN'T mean it THAT way. Although the way i meant it wasn't good...oh..ok...that isn't helping...lol) But Vaan...hmmm...If I had to pick a character that I didn't like it would be him. (I don't hate him though. Don't get me wrong)
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="aerisISalive"][QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="aerisISalive"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Amnesiac23"][QUOTE="ThreeVo"]

serpentaurus

LOL, Stay away from FFX-2 then, in that game the lead was given to Rikku and Yuna changed totally her personality to look a lot more like Rikku, so you will end up hitting things twice :P

That fact made me stop playing X-2, that and hte fact that the story went NOWHERE for 16 friggin hours. Even FFV got uop and going faster than that, and it started off cloooooow
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 fs_metal

Shekb
Rikku, Squall, Tidus and Cloud all suck. Vaan was cool though
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TaCoDuDe
[QUOTE="Shekb"]

fs_metal

Rikku, Squall, Tidus and Cloud all suck. Vaan was cool though

I didnt think they sucked...but what do I know.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fs_metal
The series needs another character like Cecil