The Ever-Changing Poll Thread (The people want polls, I give them polls).

Courtney817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Courtney817
Member since 2009 • 12652 Posts

This place is getting boring, I might leave.SuperfastSonic

What do you mean, "boring," sir? :x  

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#52 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts

[QUOTE="SuperfastSonic"]This place is getting boring, I might leave.Courtney817

I think he's talking about this thread. It's too abnormally quiet.
Dragon66116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 Dragon66116
Member since 2007 • 25536 Posts
It's only boring because we're talking normally. :P
Avatar image for twilightlullaby
twilightlullaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 twilightlullaby
Member since 2008 • 5143 Posts
Well, today, I listened to a story about Martans. They lived on Mars and were telepathic. :|
Aidan129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

#55 Aidan129
Member since 2008 • 16451 Posts
I've known you guys are boring for months, but I stick around out of pity :P
Mr_Jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Mr_Jenkins
Member since 2009 • 14116 Posts

I think normal conversations are much more interesting in real life.  Facial expressions, hand motions, and inflections bring words to life.

koopa_shell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 koopa_shell
Member since 2008 • 15001 Posts
Well, today, I listened to a story about Martans. They lived on Mars and were telepathic. :|twilightlullaby
That reminds me, I saw a UFO a few weeks ago. :P
SuperfastSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#58 SuperfastSonic
Member since 2008 • 12114 Posts
[QUOTE="Courtney817"]

[QUOTE="SuperfastSonic"]This place is getting boring, I might leave.mariostar0001

I think he's talking about this thread. It's too abnormally quiet.

Yeah pretty much this thread.:P
Courtney817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Courtney817

[QUOTE="twilightlullaby"]Well, today, I listened to a story about Martans. They lived on Mars and were telepathic. :|koopa_shell

Really?! :shock: 

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mariostar0001

[QUOTE="koopa_shell"][QUOTE="twilightlullaby"]Well, today, I listened to a story about Martans. They lived on Mars and were telepathic. :|Courtney817

I did too, turns out it was a leaf falling off the roof. :P UFO means "Unidentified Flying Object", it could be anything from a bird you don't recognize (Or identify), to an object on the horizon you can't make out.
Aidan129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Aidan129
I used to be deathly afraid of being abducted by aliens :| Now I'm kinda hoping that actually happens :Lol:
koopa_shell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 koopa_shell

[QUOTE="koopa_shell"][QUOTE="twilightlullaby"]Well, today, I listened to a story about Martans. They lived on Mars and were telepathic. :|Courtney817

Yeah, at first I though it was a bird, but it was flying too high and too fast to be a bird. And too fast to be a plane. Then I could have swore that it just literally disappeared after a few seconds.
GreenFire95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#63 GreenFire95
Member since 2008 • 7402 Posts

That's scary! My uncle said he saw a UFO one day while driving, and he's almost positive it really was a spaceship.

One night when I was a kid there was this program on TV talking about people who saw aliens, they saw all these bright lights in their bedrooms. It scared me and I didn't get any sleep that night :lol:

Slyfur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#64 Slyfur
Member since 2008 • 35257 Posts
I seen something like that, too. Not the spaceship, the TV thing. :P I was scared out of my mind because I was only like, 4, but now when I hear about stuff like that I'm thinking "I'd totally want to be taken into a UFO." :lol:
Courtney817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Courtney817

One time, several years ago, I thought I saw something strange, too. It was just cruising up quite high in the sky, and it didn't look like a plane at all. 

Dragon66116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Dragon66116
I don't believe anything about aliens. :P
Aidan129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Aidan129
I believe aliens exist. Somewhere. Just not here on Earth.
SuperfastSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SuperfastSonic

Oh sure, once I step foot out of a thread, then you all start talking about things I can relate too!:roll:

Since we're on the UFO thing, let me share with you my sighting that made everyone I know think I was crazy: It was outside and happen to look at the sky and ther, somewhere between...ah, something-something 100 feet, was a round black object. This thing just flew around the sky like mad!Then something shocking happened: there was these 2 planes crossing parallel at the time and the UFO dashed near the planes and went "through" yes I said through the airplanes!:shock: Then it dashed back into the middle of the sky and *bleep*, disappeared! 

So how can you explain something that can turn 180 degrees that fast, go through solid objects, and disappear that quickly?

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mariostar0001

Oh sure, once I step foot out of a thread, then you all start talking about things I can relate too!:roll:

Since we're on the UFO thing, let me share with you my sighting that made everyone I know think I was crazy: It was outside and happen to look at the sky and ther, somewhere between...ah, something-something 100 feet, was a round black object. This thing just flew around the sky like mad!Then something shocking happened: there was these 2 planes crossing parallel at the time and the UFO dashed near the planes and went "through" yes I said through the airplanes!:shock: Then it dashed back into the middle of the sky and *bleep*, disappeared! 

So how can you explain something that can turn 180 degrees that fast, go through solid objects, and disappear that quickly?

SuperfastSonic
Easily, you imagined it. Or it was a secret military weapon you saw, meaning you should vanish in, oh, three days for revealing it.

Seriously, if there were aliens out there superior to us and these were alien sightings, they'd be much more obvious and less secret. I highly doubt the aliens would remain hidden this long, it's been over 6,000 years since the universe was created after all.
Courtney817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Courtney817

I believe there are aliens out there, too. There are trillions of galaxies in the universe, each one containing within them billions and billions of stars. The odds of this planet being the only one with some form of intelligent life seems quite low when you think of the number of planets that could potentially exist out there. But I honestly don't believe that aliens have visited Earth, despite my little UFO sighting from earlier.  Mariostar is right... if they were really here, we'd probably know about it. Why come all this way just to fly around in the sky and abduct people?  If aliens were to really come all the way to Earth, I would imagine they would come en mass as conquerers. :| (Though I must admit, it would be nice if they came in peace ;)) 

And the universe is slighly older than 6,000 years, mariostar. :lol: The Earth itself is 4.6 billion years old, and the universe is believed to be about 14 billion years old. 

koopa_shell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 koopa_shell

Seriously, if there were aliens out there superior to us and these were alien sightings, they'd be much more obvious and less secret. I highly doubt the aliens would remain hidden this long, it's been over 6,000 years since the universe was created after all. mariostar0001

Well, imagine if we were the ones that found a planet with other intelligent species. I think we would probably just observe them for a long time before ever making contact with them. I can also imagine that a lot of people on Earth would be scared of actually making contact with an unknown intelligent species. So if there really are aliens out there that have found us, they might also be scared of us.

SuperfastSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 SuperfastSonic

I believe there are aliens out there, too. There are trillions of galaxies in the universe, each one containing within them billions and billions of stars. The odds of this planet being the only one with some form of intelligent life seems quite low when you think of the number of planets that could potentially exist out there. But I honestly don't believe that aliens have visited Earth, despite my little UFO sighting from earlier.  Mariostar is right... if they were really here, we'd probably know about it. Why come all this way just to fly around in the sky and abduct people?  If aliens were to really come all the way to Earth, I would imagine they would come en mass as conquerers. :| (Though I must admit, it would be nice if they came in peace ;)) 

And the universe is slighly older than 6,000 years, mariostar. :lol: The Earth itself is 4.6 billion years old, and the universe is believed to be about 14 billion years old. 

Courtney817

The reason they abduct people is because they're becoming extinct, so they need us for the reproduction of more aliens. That would explain some accounts of human alien hybrids on UFOs. as for cow mutilations and crop circles, I have no idea what could do those things. 

And it might not be aliens, it could be angels or just magnetic parallel universe starships.

[QUOTE="SuperfastSonic"] Easily, you imagined it. Or it was a secret military weapon you saw, meaning you should vanish in, oh, three days for revealing it.

Seriously, if there were aliens out there superior to us and these were alien sightings, they'd be much more obvious and less secret. I highly doubt the aliens would remain hidden this long, it's been over 6,000 years since the universe was created after all. mariostar0001
I know what I saw. If you think I'm crazy and a lier then you might as well stand in the corner that says "People that think Superfastsonic is a stupid lier, loser, and is a crazy moron, stand here", because I'm sick of the rolling eyes!:x
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mariostar0001
[QUOTE="Courtney817"]

SuperfastSonic

The reason they abduct people is because they're becoming extinct, so they need us for the reproduction of more aliens. That would explain some accounts of human alien hybrids on UFOs. as for cow mutilations and crop circles, I have no idea what could do those things. 

And it might not be aliens, it could be angels or just magnetic parallel universe starships.

[QUOTE="SuperfastSonic"] Easily, you imagined it. Or it was a secret military weapon you saw, meaning you should vanish in, oh, three days for revealing it.

I know what I saw. If you think I'm crazy and a lier then you might as well stand in the corner that says "People that think Superfastsonic is a stupid lier, loser, and is a crazy moron, stand here", because I'm sick of the rolling eyes!:x

Too bad, I still don't believe in aliens.

Courtney817
That's by the Atheist theory, which they have yet to actually find a single scrap of evidence for.

[QUOTE="mariostar0001"]
Seriously, if there were aliens out there superior to us and these were alien sightings, they'd be much more obvious and less secret. I highly doubt the aliens would remain hidden this long, it's been over 6,000 years since the universe was created after all. koopa_shell

Well, imagine if we were the ones that found a planet with other intelligent species. I think we would probably just observe them for a long time before ever making contact with them. I can also imagine that a lot of people on Earth would be scared of actually making contact with an unknown intelligent species. So if there really are aliens out there that have found us, they might also be scared of us.

Then why would they come close enough were they might be seen and caught? And if they know we can't catch them, why would they be afraid anyway?
Slyfur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Slyfur
Well, imagine if we were the ones that found a planet with other intelligent species. I think we would probably just observe them for a long time before ever making contact with them. I can also imagine that a lot of people on Earth would be scared of actually making contact with an unknown intelligent species. So if there really are aliens out there that have found us, they might also be scared of us.koopa_shell
I have to agree with Koopa, he makes a good point. But I mean, if I were to find some random life forms on another planet, I wouldn't mind being seen as long as I stay WAAAY out of reach. An' ya know, I'd just study them for a while, or until I get bored. :P
GreenFire95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 GreenFire95
If I ever found an alien, I'd tell him the names of all the people I hate :D :lol:
SuperfastSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SuperfastSonic
I don't think aliens would want to harm people, I mean have you ever heard an account of a person getting killed by an alien? Other than cows, I've never heard about anything or anyone else thats been killed by extraterriestrails.
Courtney817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Courtney817

That's by the Atheist theory, which they have yet to actually find a single scrap of evidence for. mariostar0001

6,000 years is still a ridiculously low age for the entire universe. I think the Earth's history itself is proof enough that it is much, much older than 6,000 years.  Just think of all the stuff that has happened! The dinosaurs lived on this planet for a good long while; there were also the rise of mammals after the dinosaurs, and quite an extensive period of time before the dinosaurs existed when the earth was ruled by a menagerie of primitive reptiles and amphibians. So much has happened that it is just not possible for all of that to be squeezed into 6,000 years, especially since we have recorded human history (albeit some rudimentary) for nearly half of that time span. 

SuperfastSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SuperfastSonic

[QUOTE="mariostar0001"]That's by the Atheist theory, which they have yet to actually find a single scrap of evidence for. Courtney817

6,000 years is still a ridiculously low age for the entire universe. I think the Earth's history itself is proof enough that it is much, much older than 6,000 years.  Just think of all the stuff that has happened! The dinosaurs lived on this planet for a good long while; there were also the rise of mammals after the dinosaurs, and quite an extensive period of time before the dinosaurs existed when the earth was ruled by a menagerie of primitive reptiles and amphibians. So much has happened that it is just not possible for all of that to be squeezed into 6,000 years, especially since we have recorded human history (albeit some rudimentary) for nearly half of that time span. 

Not entirely true. They found these pots in South America which date back somewhere in the 1000 B.C. or later era and they had dinosaurs painted on them. Which very well might prove that dinosaurs and humans roamed the earth together. I'd say the earth is about 10,000 years old, not a million. we can't really prove anything because we don't have enough evidence that goes back further than 10,000 years, so we just mark as 10 million or something and call it good.
Courtney817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Courtney817

That just proves that someone in South America drew a picture of a dinosaur or some similar reptile on a pot, sir. I could draw a picture of a dinosaur on a pot, too, but that in no way proves that dinosaurs are living right now. :P

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mariostar0001

That just proves that someone in South America drew a picture of a dinosaur or some similar reptile on a pot, sir. I could draw a picture of a dinosaur on a pot, too, but that in no way proves that dinosaurs are living right now. :P

Courtney817
But it also doesn't disprove it. If I never see a car drive through my yard, does that mean it does it only when I'm not here? Just because something could have happened doesn't mean it did.

[QUOTE="mariostar0001"]That's by the Atheist theory, which they have yet to actually find a single scrap of evidence for. Courtney817

We don't know that mammals came after dinosaurs, that's just an assumption. They could have easily been alive at the same time, even if they did hunt each other they could be around. Animals now vary in size proportion, but we don't see things like small birds going extinct because they're eaten by the hawks, because of how many there are. Same could happen with dinosaurs and any mammals.
Courtney817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Courtney817

Mammals did coexist with the dinosaurs, but they were all of them very tiny at the time. It wasn't until after the dinosaurs and the "terror birds" such as Gastornis went extinct that they were truly able to flourish.  This is not an assumption, it is scientific fact. There is a thin layer of iridum in the layers of sediment that form the Earth's crust called the K/T Boundary. It is clearly visible in several places throughout the world. The rocks below the boundary date back to the Mesozoic Era when the dinosaurs lived (as has been proven by radiometric dating); here you can find remains of large dinosaurs, flying reptiles, and very, very tiny mammals. Above the K/T boundary exists newer rock formations, and only in these newer rocks are the remains of large mammals found. 

koopa_shell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 koopa_shell
[QUOTE="Courtney817"]

And the universe is slighly older than 6,000 years, mariostar. :lol: The Earth itself is 4.6 billion years old, and the universe is believed to be about 14 billion years old.

mariostar0001

That's by the Atheist theory, which they have yet to actually find a single scrap of evidence for.

What makes that theory Atheist? I'm assuming because the Bible "says" differently.

The Bible is full of symbols that aren't meant to be taken literally. It's also not written to be historically accurate, but rather for religious purposes.

Aidan129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Aidan129

Ooooh, don't get mariostar started.

It doesn't matter WHAT you say, nothing is *EVER* going to change his opinion, including scientific fact :roll:

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 mariostar0001
[QUOTE="mariostar0001"][QUOTE="Courtney817"]

And the universe is slighly older than 6,000 years, mariostar. :lol: The Earth itself is 4.6 billion years old, and the universe is believed to be about 14 billion years old.

koopa_shell

What makes that theory Atheist? I'm assuming because the Bible "says" differently.

The Bible is full of symbols that aren't meant to be taken literally. It's also not written to be historically accurate, but rather for religious purposes.

If they weren't meant to be taken literally, then why are they even in there in the first place? If much of the Bible states historical fact (And it does, New Testament writing coincides with Roman writing, albeit with different opinions on the habits of Christians) than why would parts of it do so and parts of it not?

Mammals did coexist with the dinosaurs, but they were all of them very tiny at the time. It wasn't until after the dinosaurs and the "terror birds" such as Gastornis went extinct that they were truly able to flourish.  This is not an assumption, it is scientific fact. There is a thin layer of iridum in the layers of sediment that form the Earth's crust called the K/T Boundary. It is clearly visible in several places throughout the world. The rocks below the boundary date back to the Mesozoic Era when the dinosaurs lived (as has been proven by radiometric dating); here you can find remains of large dinosaurs, flying reptiles, and very, very tiny mammals. Above the K/T boundary exists newer rock formations, and only in these newer rocks are the remains of large mammals found. 

Courtney817
How do we know that those layers were lain down there after the first layers? There's no date on the layers, they could have been brought there from another site by means of oceans or ice. And there's no date on the fossils either, just because an animal wasn't fossilized doesn't mean it didn't exist, it means that there is no fossil of it.
Courtney817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Courtney817
Aidan is right. I'm not going to argue. :|
Slyfur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Slyfur

But aren't there tests or machines that can prove how old fossils, rocks, etc. really are? Science has proven that sort of stuff before, hasn't it?

I wouldn't know, though. I don't pay attention in Science class. :P

GreenFire95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 GreenFire95
This is my summary of world history: Stuff happened a really long time ago, nobody really cares about it now, yet we still wonder about it, but no matter what we can pretty much never proove anything unless someone builds a time machine. The end.
Avatar image for twilightlullaby
twilightlullaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88 twilightlullaby
Member since 2008 • 5143 Posts
I love cake.
Aidan129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Aidan129

I like cake, too!!!!!!! :D

But aren't there tests or machines that can prove how old fossils, rocks, etc. really are? Science has proven that sort of stuff before, hasn't it?Slyfur

I'm pretty sure there are.....

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 mariostar0001

But aren't there tests or machines that can prove how old fossils, rocks, etc. really are? Science has proven that sort of stuff before, hasn't it?

I wouldn't know, though. I don't pay attention in Science class. :P

Slyfur
They invented those, but they prove faulty. For example: Radio Isotope Dating was a method thought to be able to tell how old a rock was by the level of radiation emitting from it, but when tested on new rocks brought by a volcanic eruption that had happened less then 20 years previously, the rocks were said by the system to be multiple millions of years old, and they even varied in age, the same clump of rock might be 4 million years old or 20,000 years old.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 mariostar0001
This is my summary of world history: Stuff happened a really long time ago, nobody really cares about it now, yet we still wonder about it, but no matter what we can pretty much never proove anything unless someone builds a time machine. The end.GreenFire95
Problem with your theory: People care about it.
Dragon66116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Dragon66116

I love cake.twilightlullaby

The cake is a lie.

Courtney817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Courtney817
Just once I would like to encounter a cake that is not a lie. :P
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 mariostar0001
Just once I would like to encounter a cake that is not a lie. :PCourtney817
Join the club.
Aidan129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Aidan129
Well, I'd like to encounter a toilet made of gold!
GreenFire95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 GreenFire95

[QUOTE="twilightlullaby"]I love cake.Dragon66116

The cake is a lie.

What?! It's a lie?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Curse you GLaDOS!

koopa_shell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 koopa_shell

[QUOTE="koopa_shell"]The Bible is full of symbols that aren't meant to be taken literally. It's also not written to be historically accurate, but rather for religious purposes.mariostar0001
If they weren't meant to be taken literally, then why are they even in there in the first place? If much of the Bible states historical fact (And it does, New Testament writing coincides with Roman writing, albeit with different opinions on the habits of Christians) than why would parts of it do so and parts of it not?

Look at the Creation Story. It's just a traditonal story that the Israelites made up to explain how their God created the earth, just like other religions did. They say that God worked for 6 days and rested on the 7th to explain why they do the same thing. The way the Bible describes Earth sounds like the Earth was only a flat area of ground surrounded by water, which is what the Earth was though of for centuries, showing how it was only written according to their own knowledge. Christians today believe that the different parts of this story are symbols. One is the idea that humans were made from dirt, which symbolizes that when we die, we will become "dirt" as well. Obviously we aren't made of dirt. The same thing about the snake. Snakes don't talk or have legs, but it just shows that we are punished for our sins. In the case of the snake, it loses its legs. Another example of the Israelites telling stories to explain things in life.

And the majority of the Old Testament was written according to stories passed down by word of mouth to younger generations. Since it was only passed on orally, it's easily possible that after many generations, the stories' details got mixed up. This is why most of the Old Testament is historically accurate, even when its not meant to be.

SuperfastSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 SuperfastSonic
NO! Don't start a religion arguement with mariostar0001! We can barely carry on a "good" conversation without someone saying something random as it is, so don't make it even worse!:shock:
Aidan129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Aidan129

I agree! Cuz in the end, NONE of your arguments, no matter how rational or based in actual fact, will bend mariostar's opinions in any way, shape, or form. He believes what he believes and NOTHING, including proof, can change that cuz he will always rationalize your proof away. So it's best to just talk about ponies and broccoli instead.

So let's have a normal conversation about...... summer vacation! What are you doing? My pool is already open! 8)

GreenFire95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 GreenFire95
My pool is small, so we may not even open it this year. We barely went in it last year anyways :P