Who needs wallpaper or Carpet with this Collection...

TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TwarBlackshire
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts

Just came across this collection and the owners very guarded interview. The collection is immense and I thought others might enjoy seeing something like this.

http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/103 

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

Cool.  This has been posted here previously, but it's been a couple of years.  I'm still thrown by the items on the floor, and still wish that my house had a basement.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#3 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

I've read that before a while back.  I'm still a little bemused by the guy's non-answers.  Privacy is one thing, but what's the point in acquiring all that stuff if you're just going to hole up with it and not give anyone even the smallest insight into what is probably one of the best video game collections in the world?

To each their own, I guess.  But if that was me, I'd be waxing poetic about all the cool and interesting stuff I had.

You know, we should start up those CCU member interviews again.  I loved reading those...

Morrino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Morrino
Member since 2004 • 88 Posts

I've read that before a while back.  I'm still a little bemused by the guy's non-answers.  Privacy is one thing, but what's the point in acquiring all that stuff if you're just going to hole up with it and not give anyone even the smallest insight into what is probably one of the best video game collections in the world?

To each their own, I guess.  But if that was me, I'd be waxing poetic about all the cool and interesting stuff I had.

You know, we should start up those CCU member interviews again.  I loved reading those...

totalgridlock

I totally agree, if I were him I would have given at least an insight on it no doubt about it, it makes me really curious about the whole thing and then we he is asked about it he just limits himself to "answer" the questions, but then again he is in his right to do so and we have to respect him for it.

Totalgridlock I'll be expecting your poetic testament on your evergrowing collection in no time then :P 

As for the CCU member interviews that was what mainly got me interested in the union in the first place as it was awesome to get a idea of my fellow collectors insights on their collection. 

TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TwarBlackshire

I agree. I found it strange, not only his almost non-caring answers (verging on cold), but also in his inability to answer some of the questions in the least. I think most of us would have something to say of a collection of that magnitude. I would know the exact number of games per system and where I got most of them. Hell, most of the games we get have a bit of a story behind them. The proof is in these threads. It seems there are many folks here who love telling about their collections/finds to other folk who love to hear about them just as fervently. To think someone could amass such a museum of games and not want to talk about it at all amazes me.

I'm just glad I stumbled upon those pictures. They truly impressed me. :)

GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#6 GAMECAMILLER
Member since 2005 • 4994 Posts

Just came across this collection and the owners very guarded interview. The collection is immense and I thought others might enjoy seeing something like this.

http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/103 

TwarBlackshire
I always wondered how he has it organized. :P
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9549 Posts

Yeah, I think to myself... "Oh yeah, 6th on the leaderboard list, must take the 5th spot!." Then I see those da*n pictures for the 1,000,000 time and it brings me down to earth and makes me realize the CCU is a small organized group of somewhat like mided game collectors. I wish there was a registry somewhere to see where we ranked percentage wise in game collections worldwide though! If I was in the top 25% I would be MORE than happy. Not that it matters, I just think it would be cool. I also think that all of us here at the CCU need to try and bring in more members with a lot of games. When I am browsing other sections of this site (especially the retro section) I see people all the time that have large enough collections to be on the leaderboard, but aren't even members of the CCU. I think we need to add links to get to the CCU main page (maybe in our sigs), because stumbling accross unions on this site is EXACTLY that... just stumbling upon them.

But hey, just a thought.

GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#8 GAMECAMILLER
Member since 2005 • 4994 Posts
As awesome as it is to have a big collection, the amount of games isn't what matters :P It's always about loving what ya do no matter how big or grand your collection is..
TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TwarBlackshire

As awesome as it is to have a big collection, the amount of games isn't what matters :P It's always about loving what ya do no matter how big or grand your collection is..GAMECAMILLER

I agree wholeheartedly! I think you'll always run into someone who has more than you do, or something better than you, etc... If you don't enjoy what you have or don't enjoy the thrill of getting what you collect then what is the point? 

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WitIsWisdom

[QUOTE="GAMECAMILLER"]As awesome as it is to have a big collection, the amount of games isn't what matters :P It's always about loving what ya do no matter how big or grand your collection is..TwarBlackshire

I agree wholeheartedly! I think you'll always run into someone who has more than you do, or something better than you, etc... If you don't enjoy what you have or don't enjoy the thrill of getting what you collect then what is the point?

Well, to everyone there own, but it brings me a lot of hapiness to collect as many games as possible. I would rather have 10,000 games that arent on anybodies favorites list then 10 that are world renowned for being great! See, that's because I am a gamer and a collector, not just a gamer.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

Well, to everyone there own, but it brings me a lot of hapiness to collect as many games as possible. I would rather have 10,000 games that arent on anybodies favorites list then 10 that are world renowned for being great! See, that's because I am a gamer and a collector, not just a gamer.

WitIsWisdom
Having to choose between owing 10,000 universally disliked games or 10 great games is not a choice you are going to be faced with.  However, more realistically, if you were forced to make a choice between buying 5 bad games at $10 apiece or one great one for $50, which would you pick?
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WitIsWisdom

Well, if we are talking $10 bucks a pop this gen I would say 1 $50 game, but any other gen I would go for the 5 for $10! Im not just saying that because games get cheaper as technology increases, I'm saying that because of the increasing ammount of shovelware being forced down honest hard working folks throats these days! I remember when $10 would get you a good game on the PS2 but with the PS3, 360, and ESPECIALLY the Wii, $10 will get you a headache and in some cases (not for me of course :P) a broken controller.

On the other hand I might have to contradict myself, because I can find enjoyment in just about ANY game believe it or not. I havn't really been impressed with that many games this gen.... only a small handfull come to mind. You ask me about the other gens though, I could give you lists. That may be due to the fact I buy cheaper in bulk and only get a new game if I have been really anticipating its release though... *shrug* who knows.

Damn, yeah I'd have to go with the 5 as long as they werent the VERY VERY worst games I could imagine though... lol because I would have more play time. With 1 game I'd finish it and be bored with nothing to play. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... trick question... :P I still like my 10,000 idea (Just so you all know I like to be sarcastic and exagerate a lot in case you havn't already figured that by now) LOL

That was a good question none the less but a real toss up as you can see above :)

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts

However, more realistically, if you were forced to make a choice between buying 5 bad games at $10 apiece or one great one for $50, which would you pick?gmsnpr

For the X360, I would go for the five games for $50, because I want to have as many X360 games as I can get for my collection. Also, the $50 game will no doubt come down in price eventually. 

If we are talking about the Wii, I would go for the 1 good game for $50, because there is just too much shovelware on the Wii. 

uglypinkmoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 uglypinkmoose
Member since 2008 • 1330 Posts

I don't understand people who collect without caring about the games they get

buying a bunch of crap games so your collection looks bigger seems sad to me

I know a guy who doesn't even play games and collects them... how can you collect without a love for gaming?...

that's a sweet collection though... but I will always have all my games accessible... even the ones I end up with that I don't much care for... because I still love them ;D