Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 Hizang
Member since 2009 • 2808 Posts

Has anyboyd heard of an old competition for Sword Quest for the Atari 2600, prizes were worth $150,000, here is a video about it if you want to know more.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/61988

Anyway I was wondering where do you think the last prizes have gone? Also does anybody have this game and did anybody enter this compotion?

Fragasnap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Fragasnap
Member since 2005 • 253 Posts

I actually have Earthquest complete with cartridge, comic, and instruction booklet, but I haven't found or endeavored to find any of the others.

While I have heard of the competition, I would have had to enter it while I was negative years old, as it predates me. I am very curious as to where the missing treasures have gone as well.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts
Swordquest Earthworld is pretty common, Fireworld and Waterworld are much tougher to find, and I don't think Airworld was released (feel free to check whether this is right). Don't know about the disposition of the prizes, but I suspect the contest resolved itself normally.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hizang

Swordquest Earthworld is pretty common, Fireworld and Waterworld are much tougher to find, and I don't think Airworld was released (feel free to check whether this is right). Don't know about the disposition of the prizes, but I suspect the contest resolved itself normally.gmsnpr

You didnt watch the video did you? Cause it explained what happend, the great video game crash caused the comp to end like half way through, the last three prizes were never given out. And thats like $75,000 worth of prizes wasted :P

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]Swordquest Earthworld is pretty common, Fireworld and Waterworld are much tougher to find, and I don't think Airworld was released (feel free to check whether this is right). Don't know about the disposition of the prizes, but I suspect the contest resolved itself normally.Hizang

You didnt watch the video did you? Cause it explained what happend, the great video game crash caused the comp to end like half way through, the last three prizes were never given out. And thats like $75,000 worth of prizes wasted :P

Ther's no way for me to watch web videos at work, so no, I didn't watch it. I can only visit this site during lunch and break times, actually. Since you've explained it, now I don't have to watch it at all.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hizang
[QUOTE="Hizang"]

[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]Swordquest Earthworld is pretty common, Fireworld and Waterworld are much tougher to find, and I don't think Airworld was released (feel free to check whether this is right). Don't know about the disposition of the prizes, but I suspect the contest resolved itself normally.gmsnpr

Ther's no way for me to watch web videos at work, so no, I didn't watch it. I can only visit this site during lunch and break times, actually. Since you've explained it, now I don't have to watch it at all.

Lolz thats ok then :P