cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 0

#1 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

Seems the 360 Arcade is 129.99 at all the major retailers around here, coupled with my save 30 when you spend more then 100 coupon getting an Arcade for 99.99 just for the memory unit & controller seems pretty worth while.

The question I have is how easy will the swap be? 

I have a 360 Launch Pro Console in my den, and my intention is to simply click off the HD and attached it to the Arcade to take advantage of the HDMI connection. 

Since its MS I can't imagine its that easy. 

Whats the downside I am missing? 

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts

The downside will be license transfer for all downloaded items...

Link

It's not too painful, and luckily it's a one time deal (until you swap consoles again)

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#3 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts

you get 1 license transfer a year (unless extreme curcumstances) but I've done it, it's not too painful... unless you are unlucky to not have some stuff transfer right (like me) and have to RE DOWNLOAD stuff...

P.S. I love you spazz. Conan is abetter person, a funnier commedian and deserved his job more.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#4 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts

you get 1 license transfer a year (unless extreme curcumstances) but I've done it, it's not too painful... unless you are unlucky to not have some stuff transfer right (like me) and have to RE DOWNLOAD stuff...

P.S. I love you spazz. Conan is abetter person, a funnier commedian and deserved his job more.

waflerevolution

I didn't realize it was liimited to one a year...That's kind of weird.

And thanks, I love you too :)

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]

spazzx625

I didn't realize it was liimited to one a year...That's kind of weird.

And thanks, I love you too :)

you have no idea all the crazy rules no one knows... like if you download more than $50 worth of content from the marketplace in 1 day they lock your account! they want to be sure it's you and your card/points. or the "we don't ship more than 1 box to a single household within a year" rule... or the "we replace your Rock Band Drum foot pedals for free over the phone"... but that last one is EA lol

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#6 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

waflerevolution

One a year? 

That is enough to sour the sauce. I have been fighting with the idea of just getting an Elite for the den, and the concept that I would be unable to for a year if I bought the Arcade is enough to make me not want to get the Arcade. 

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]

cosmostein77

One a year? 

That is enough to sour the sauce. I have been fighting with the idea of just getting an Elite for the den, and the concept that I would be unable to for a year if I bought the Arcade is enough to make me not want to get the Arcade. 

your best bet is to just be online. you can pop the hard drive out and move it around from console to console. and as long as you're online, no biggy. it'll always work, online or off if you downloaded the stuff to that one. and it'll almost always work if you have a memory stick with your profile on it and signed in even when offline. also, if you HAVE 2 serial numbers, microsoft will send you (I think free) a transfer kit. wich moves your data from smaller hard drives to larger ones in no time... beats trying to move it via memory stick.Â