GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 0

#1 GAMECAMILLER
Member since 2005 • 4994 Posts

For Xmas I got Tekken 6 for the xbox 360 from my family. Well a few days ago I opened it up. it was new and sealed and...

It had no disk inside. It was a sealed game, with no disk.

I've never had this happen before. My mom got it from my store so the store just did an exchange. Working as the electronics dept manager now, this extremely rare case has happened a quite a few times with DVDS and somegames (including with Tekken 6, three separate incidents including mine) within the last month; almost ten cases with sealed items not having a disk.

My theory is that it's because of the new environmental cases. Every report had the same type of case, those new environmental ones. I think because it's more flimsy then the standard cases, the disk aren't being pressed into the case as well as before.

I was wondering, if this has ever happened to anyone in this union. If so, what did you do?

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

That has never happened to me.  The closest is when I got a mis-printed new disc that wouldn't play, but there was a disc in the package.

I'm not sure how the return is going to be handled. 

GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#3 GAMECAMILLER
Member since 2005 • 4994 Posts

That has never happened to me.  The closest is when I got a mis-printed new disc that wouldn't play, but there was a disc in the package.

I'm not sure how the return is going to be handled. 

gmsnpr
Yeah, it's more common to get a bad disk vs. not having a disk in a sealed copy. I was shocked when I opened it up, but glad I was able to do an exchange and get a new copy. After that, I actually opened up the other 360 games I got for xmas to check to see if everything was okay.
Mathurin47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Mathurin47
Member since 2005 • 1425 Posts
I've never opened a game and found no disc, though at the grocery store I work at I'll find an empty sealed box in a case every couple of months or so.
mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 mijahi
Member since 2009 • 895 Posts

My mom got it from my store so the store just did an exchange. Working as the electronics dept manager now

GAMECAMILLER

I think you're fortunate, friend, that it was purchased at a store that you happen worked at! I can just imagine trying to explain that situation to my local GameStop! :| 

Weird happening, though. I wonder how often that happens? And if it happens with one consoles' games more than the others? 

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#6 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
[QUOTE="GAMECAMILLER"]

My mom got it from my store so the store just did an exchange. Working as the electronics dept manager now

mijahi

I think you're fortunate, friend, that it was purchased at a store that you happen worked at! I can just imagine trying to explain that situation to my local GameStop! :| 

Weird happening, though. I wonder how often that happens? And if it happens with one consoles' games more than the others? 

Gamestop would tell you to get out... or... if you argued enough, they MIGHT give you a new one...

inkwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inkwolf
Member since 2003 • 1159 Posts

I can just imagine trying to explain that situation to my local GameStop! mijahi

No joke. This topic makes me want to go open up all of my sealed games. You know, just in case.

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

i havent but i know a way to know if the case has a disc
totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#9 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

I have a way of checking though it's by no means foolproof.  I tend to feel the weight then give the case a quick shake and listen for the sound of the disc wobbling slightly.  Working in a shop where a lot of the ents stock is masterbagged I've developed quite an ear for whether a case is empty or not... it saves a lot of time when I'm sorting stock if I don't have to open every single DVD case :P

I wouldn't rely on it though.  I guess we'll just have to trust that getting a sealed case with no disc is a very rare occurence.  It's never happened to me personally but as ents supervisor at my store I've had a couple of supposed 'missing disc' cases passed on to me.  It's hard to tell whether they are pulling a fast one to get a free copy of the game but in the end I have to assume that people are telling the truth.  What are more common problems for me are masterbag mismatches (where a store worker has put the wrong disc into a case, something that goes with the territory when you have to display empty cases) or sealed games where the disc hasn't been pressed into the case hard enough and is rattling around inside, getting all scuffed up.

The environmental cases are crappy though, especially the 360 ones.  Thin and flimsy and probably no more eco-friendly than before. If I'm paying 30-odd quid for a game I want to at least get a case that is going to protect it for more than five minutes!

inkwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 inkwolf
Member since 2003 • 1159 Posts

sealed games where the disc hasn't been pressed into the case hard enough and is rattling around inside, getting all scuffed up.totalgridlock

I've encountered this a few times. It's certainly worthwhile to give a sealed game a quick shake and listen for a rattle before purchasing. :)

JNKtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 JNKtastic
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts
Never happened to me, but kid sis pre-ordered KHII and her game came to her in a brand spanking new box - sealed and everything - and it was empty of the disc. First time it ever happened to either of us. :?
Avatar image for 203762174820177760555343052357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 203762174820177760555343052357
Member since 2005 • 7599 Posts

The environmental cases are crappy though, especially the 360 ones. Thin and flimsy and probably no more eco-friendly than before. If I'm paying 30-odd quid for a game I want to at least get a case that is going to protect it for more than five minutes!

totalgridlock

The wagon-wheels? Yeah, they are terrible. Why don't they just go all the way and just give us cardboard sleeves.

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#13 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
[QUOTE="totalgridlock"]

The environmental cases are crappy though, especially the 360 ones. Thin and flimsy and probably no more eco-friendly than before. If I'm paying 30-odd quid for a game I want to at least get a case that is going to protect it for more than five minutes!

aspro73

The wagon-wheels? Yeah, they are terrible. Why don't they just go all the way and just give us cardboard sleeves.

cardboard costs more.