bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

some 5 screw nes games have them the 3 screw ones dont. it will save a ton on importing a console
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Umm, could you clarify?

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

Umm, could you clarify?

ThePlothole
theres a converter in the cartridge. the stuff in the cartridge is a board for the famicom that gets converted to work with the nes
totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#4 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

Yep, some of the very early US NES carts were made in such a hurry that instead of creating new boards with the 72 pin configuration, they just stuck a 60-pin Famicom board in the cart with a 60-to-72 pin converter.  They are (as far as I know) only found in the old five-screw variants, but NOT ALL five-screw carts have a converter.  Check the weight of the cart, one with a converter will be noticably heavier, but the only sure-fire way to tell is to open one up and have a look.

Having said that, Famicom-to-NES adapters can be found on eBay etc. easily enough so there's really no need to go around cannibalising carts for them.  Especially since you can't be sure you have a cart with a converter until you open it up.  You might end up going through a couple-dozen SMB carts before you find the thing you're looking for...

Personally though, I'd love to have my own original *** Famicom. If only so I could play Takeshi no Chousenjou by singing into the controller...