Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 Hizang
Member since 2009 • 2808 Posts

Does anybody here collect action figures?

I'm getting into it, I just bought a bunch of Spiderman action figures off of eBay. Can't wait to get loads more!

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#2 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
I used to... but honestly, gameing just took my priority... and now they all just sit in boxes...
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Big_Evil666
Member since 2004 • 13817 Posts
TMNT stuff mostly, but some wrestling and gaming figures as well
clubhaxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 clubhaxor
Member since 2005 • 2482 Posts

Ummm I have some Nintendo, some TMNT and some Simpson stuff I guess. Not alot. 

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 waflerevolution

Ummm I have some Nintendo, some TMNT and some Simpson stuff I guess. Not alot. 

clubhaxor

more than games though :-p

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hizang
I'm notgoing to have any in box's, cause I'd rather have them displayed out of them. Ofcourse if I get one in a box that I already have loose I'll keep itin the box
guthwulf_de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 guthwulf_de
Member since 2004 • 13209 Posts
No, I'm not into action figures. I like figurines which are part of collector's editions but that's it. All the games are taking up enough shelve space already.
hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 hesel
Member since 2006 • 2738 Posts
I have a tin figure of Bender from Futurama, that's as far as my figure collection goes. I just find them pointless and not very appealing, I rather collect vinyl lps.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#9 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

Unless they come with special editions of the games I get, no I don't have any.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hizang

I just won a load of eBay, Spiderman Villians. The Shocker, Kraven the Hunter and Rhino. Also the Punisher still in box from Spiderman TAS for 2.00 :)

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

I still have a few McFarlane figures from back when I cared about Spawn.  I have maybe 5-6 and they're still on the cards, but it's not something I actively seek.  Like Wafle, gaming has eaten my other hobbies.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hizang

A few came in the old post today

The Shocker, Mysterio, Rhino and Kraven the Hunter :)

pikadeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pikadeth
Member since 2004 • 1020 Posts

I have a few giant boxes full of old pro wrestling figures as well as a bunch of video game related toys currently on display as part of my gaming junk pile.

inkwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 inkwolf
Member since 2003 • 1159 Posts

My answer to this question is kinda yes and kinda no. I still have all my figures from when I was a kid (TMNT, Star Wars, Transformers, and M.U.S.C.L.E.), but they're all stored away in boxes. I have no desire to display them, but I couldn't possibly get rid of them either.

I also collected the Star Wars figures from the 90's. Again, they're all stored away, still in their boxes, probably never to come out again.

Recently, in just the past few weeks, one of my friends has gotten me into playing a miniatures tabletop game called Mordheim. It's an offshoot of Warhammer, both by Games Workshop. I've purchased some wood elves to make up my warband. While the miniatures aren't exactly "action figures", I'd say it probably still counts.

I haven't painted them yet, they've only been primed, but I still think they look pretty cool.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hizang

No they look awsome

Just got a Hobgoblin one, mabey I should post pics...

pikadeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pikadeth
Member since 2004 • 1020 Posts

Here are my newest purchases to add to the junk pile. They're about 9.5 inches tall and seem to be on the same scale as the large Donkey Kong figure that some of you may have seen around.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#17 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

My answer to this question is kinda yes and kinda no. I still have all my figures from when I was a kid (TMNT, Star Wars, Transformers, and M.U.S.C.L.E.), but they're all stored away in boxes. I have no desire to display them, but I couldn't possibly get rid of them either.

I also collected the Star Wars figures from the 90's. Again, they're all stored away, still in their boxes, probably never to come out again.

Recently, in just the past few weeks, one of my friends has gotten me into playing a miniatures tabletop game called Mordheim. It's an offshoot of Warhammer, both by Games Workshop. I've purchased some wood elves to make up my warband. While the miniatures aren't exactly "action figures", I'd say it probably still counts.

I haven't painted them yet, they've only been primed, but I still think they look pretty cool.

inkwolf

I used to be a Warhammer geek in the 90s: 4th Ed. ruleset, Undead mainly but later on I had a pretty impressive Bretonnian army when they re-introduced the race.  I also dabbled with Blood Bowl, 40K and Necromunda (essentially the 40K version of Mordheim) before gradually losing interest as it became just too expensive and started getting dumbed down for the LOTR crowd.

The whole thing sort of grew out of my love of boardgames: Space Hulk, Hero Quest, Talisman, Key to the Kingdom, that sort of thing. I still play those games when I get the urge and I suppose a lot of the video games I play (ie. tons of RPGs) are an extension of that.

Gosh, I'm all nostalgic now.  I think I'll break out one of those games tonight.

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Big_Evil666

Here are my newest purchases to add to the junk pile. They're about 9.5 inches tall and seem to be on the same scale as the large Donkey Kong figure that some of you may have seen around.

pikadeth

those are awesome

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hizang

I reccently bought

Iron Spider-man, a Dock Ock figure and a Pyro Figure. But you may be interested to know I found a site that has alot of video game action figures (Forbidden Plannet), so I managed to pick up a action Figure of Captin Qwark and Skrunch!

Here is a picture of the complete Future series, each one comes with a little add on. So My Captin Qwark comes with Skrunch. Hopefully when I get some more money I'll pick up them all. Theres alot of interesting figures on there, theres a dead space figure of Issac that has LED lights on his armor some really good Final Fantasy figures. Heres the link.

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_781

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#20 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

But you may be interested to know I found a site that has alot of video game action figures (Forbidden Plannet)

Hizang

You should go to one of their shops.  It's like being transported into Comic Book Guy's basement, if his basement was also a tardis...

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hizang
[QUOTE="Hizang"]

But you may be interested to know I found a site that has alot of video game action figures (Forbidden Plannet)

totalgridlock

You should go to one of their shops. It's like being transported into Comic Book Guy's basement, if his basement was also a tardis...

None near me, the closet I have is a small comic book shop :P

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Big_Evil666
anyone have any MMPR action figures? i had a few and some of the props like the blade blater, morpher and dragon dagger
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#23 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts
Yes and no, I did collect gundam figures, not the models because the only kind we had around here were cheap. I have a lot of them still, but I wouldn't say I collected them because I was pretty rough with them. Limbs broken and such. Good times though. I'd probably continue if I could, but like everything else I like, it was phased out around here and I can't find anything gundam for miles and miles.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 waflerevolution

Yes and no, I did collect gundam figures, not the models because the only kind we had around here were cheap. I have a lot of them still, but I wouldn't say I collected them because I was pretty rough with them. Limbs broken and such. Good times though. I'd probably continue if I could, but like everything else I like, it was phased out around here and I can't find anything gundam for miles and miles. falconclan

I have those too lol

TwarBlackshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 TwarBlackshire
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts

I have almost the complete set of lord of the rings movie action figures in their original boxes. They are all stored in my attic. I basically stopped collecting figures after those because it was a HUGE money sink, and frankly I'd rather spend my coin on games now. They really look great and I enjoyed the hunt, but it gets a bit dry looking at boxes of toys. I really want to get a Link action figure for my son as he would go nuts if he saw it. I have seen them on ebay for ridiculous cost and just can't justify spending that much on one figure. 

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Big_Evil666
any collectors of vintage figures know of any good sites to shop around for stuff online? looking for some hard to find TMNT items, and i want something other than ebay
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 waflerevolution

any collectors of vintage figures know of any good sites to shop around for stuff online? looking for some hard to find TMNT items, and i want something other than ebayBig_Evil666

lookily slackers sells that stuff.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hizang

any collectors of vintage figures know of any good sites to shop around for stuff online? looking for some hard to find TMNT items, and i want something other than ebayBig_Evil666

I would say Forbiden planet, but I'm still waiting for my Captin Qwark Figure

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Big_Evil666

[QUOTE="Big_Evil666"]any collectors of vintage figures know of any good sites to shop around for stuff online? looking for some hard to find TMNT items, and i want something other than ebayHizang

thanks

[QUOTE="Big_Evil666"]any collectors of vintage figures know of any good sites to shop around for stuff online? looking for some hard to find TMNT items, and i want something other than ebaywaflerevolution

do u have a link to a website, i googled and found nothing

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="Hizang"]

[QUOTE="Big_Evil666"]any collectors of vintage figures know of any good sites to shop around for stuff online? looking for some hard to find TMNT items, and i want something other than ebayBig_Evil666

thanks

[QUOTE="Big_Evil666"]any collectors of vintage figures know of any good sites to shop around for stuff online? looking for some hard to find TMNT items, and i want something other than ebaywaflerevolution

do u have a link to a website, i googled and found nothing

that SHOULD have said "locally" but yes, Slacker's has a website

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Hizang
Man I'm still waiting for my Captin Qwark figure, I hope it wasn't a con site
hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 hesel
Member since 2006 • 2738 Posts

Man I'm still waiting for my Captin Qwark figure, I hope it wasn't a con siteHizang

Depends which site you got it from forbiddenplanet.co.uk has some fraudulent claims against it.  However forbiddenplanet.com doesn't.  Just to add they are also two different companies.

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1629415

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Big_Evil666
thanks guys, but neither site has anything i want