Where's 'My Collection'?

• 116 results
whiteagle18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Where's 'My Collection'? (233 votes)

I prefer the old "my collection" page. 95%
I prefer the new "my collection" page. 4%
I don't care about either. 1%

Where's my collection. Don't tell me that stacks replaced it because it sucks. I liked seeing all of my games on one page in a chart format with gamespots score, my score, the platform, and the release date all in one place. Also, where have my ratings gone? Why isn't there a page that lists the ratings I gave to games?

• 
ProphetC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#101 ProphetC
Member since 2003 • 114 Posts

Stacks suck donkey balls! I want my collections back and an option to add to those collections such as games followed, owned, playing, and my wish list. Seriously who thought that this stack bullshit was a good idea? Oh and when I try to use this shitty Stack feature all I get is an error that says "Problem occurred while processing submission" with no explanation of the error. Spending a long time adding games and descriptions then clicking the Save & Finish button only to get a damn error is frustrating. PLEASE FIX THIS STACK MESS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!

TheManitou23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#102 TheManitou23
Member since 2013 • 37 Posts

I've done some digging into similar features on other sites and I have good and bad news. Collectorz.com has a fantastic list program with awesome sorting features. Unfortunately there is a one-time fee of 30(for the standard) or 50(for the premium) dollars and they don't have the capacity to browse any databases for games so in essense you have to know what your looking for to add to your collection or wishlist. I'm fooling around with it on my free trial right now I'll see how it goes.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#103  Edited By istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts

I can't believe they removed one of the site's most unique features just for the sake of a stupidly simple layout. I'm happy to see that Gamespot's traffic is plummeting since the change (according to alexa.com anyway), maybe they will revert to the old design because as it is I rarely visit this site anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc9302b89930
deactivated-5fc9302b89930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#105 deactivated-5fc9302b89930
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I switched from IGN to GameSpot because of the problems I (and many others) encountered when IGN made "improvements" to their game tracking system. And just like IGN, GameSpot doesn't seem to be taking users' comments to heart. How much feedback is necessary before action is taken? Users have made it very clear that the Stacks system is not performing adequately: it is cumbersome, difficult to navigate, slow, and does not have anywhere near the functionality the old system did. It seems likely that the people who wrote the Stacks program do not track games themselves because there's a real disconnect here. Beta testing with some existing users would've certainly saved gamers and GameSpot a lot of grief. This is such a mess. GameSpot, what were you thinking?

michael39238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#106  Edited By michael39238
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts

I for one am looking for a new site to use. If they don't know enough to not destroy the site, I don't expect them to fix this. I have checked out grouvee, which is OK, as well as VGCollect. Looking for any other tips.

michael39238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 michael39238
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts

After searching, gamefaqs is the new site to use for managing your collection. MUCH better than stacks, and might even be better than the old gamespot lists. Can even link back to reviews on gamespot. A search on Alexa will show you clearly that as gamespot's redesign has obliterated their internet traffic, gamefaqs' traffic has begun to rise dramatically starting at the same date.

Tip : put your stacks in "edit" mode and as you put them into gamefaqs, remove one at a time from gamespot. Save the gamespot list periodically as you empty the stack, because its buggy, and certain actions can cause the save to fail. Convert to an "unordered list" before you start to save headache.

Good luck!

Hastur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#108  Edited By Hastur
Member since 2002 • 1339 Posts

I also switched to gamefaqs for keeping track of my collection. But I havn't yet found a replacement for news feeds from the games I followed. Any suggestions?

I really wish GS would get it's act together. Those features were part of my daily routine. Since they messed it up, I no longer visit the site as often as I used to.

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#109  Edited By Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

@michael39238 said:

After searching, gamefaqs is the new site to use for managing your collection. MUCH better than stacks, and might even be better than the old gamespot lists. Can even link back to reviews on gamespot. A search on Alexa will show you clearly that as gamespot's redesign has obliterated their internet traffic, gamefaqs' traffic has begun to rise dramatically starting at the same date.

Tip : put your stacks in "edit" mode and as you put them into gamefaqs, remove one at a time from gamespot. Save the gamespot list periodically as you empty the stack, because its buggy, and certain actions can cause the save to fail. Convert to an "unordered list" before you start to save headache.

Good luck!

I've been using Gamefags as a total replacement for what I was previously using the old Gamespot for, and in that time I feel like I've fully adjusted through the learning curve to the point that I can say it's filling 95% of the need I have for such a system.

My only two gripes are the messy mobile layout (when viewed on my phone) and the lack of ability to do more robust filtering and sorting across all types of lists. Other than that, I'm 100% migrated and more than happy with it.

The only thing I use Gamespot for now is to ping game review scores (Don't even read the reviews anymore) and to check on these old posts about the Stacks system. Hell, I even dropped it off all my bookmarks/feeds etc.

james16w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By james16w
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Just adding my voice to this "stacks are useless" thread.

Bring back the sorting.

Aleubon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#111 Aleubon
Member since 2004 • 30 Posts

I just moved to Grouvee. Anyway, here's an interesting post (by me): http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/list-of-missing-features-and-alternatives-to-games-30910104/

Aleubon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#112 Aleubon
Member since 2004 • 30 Posts

I just moved to Grouvee. Anyway, here's an interesting post (by me): http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/list-of-missing-features-and-alternatives-to-games-30910104/

Merl57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#113 Merl57
Member since 2003 • 1491 Posts

Any Updates to this issue? I had like 250 games and this was the only list. I went through a flood lost a lot and I want to rebuild.

Perth2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#114  Edited By Perth2008
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts

Any update on restoring the earlier version of the game library system (aka "My Collection") and accepting that the stacks concept is just not going to fly with the users?

Stacks are just not addressing the needs of the users. Most of us are not asking for something extra, just a reversion of the old sortable library system would make many "older users" very happy. Sure you can always tweak the old library system ... rather than just discard it because it may not look "jazzy" enough on a tablet, or whatever the motivation in adopting stacks was.

crimes73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#115 crimes73
Member since 2004 • 64 Posts

I come by from time to time only to see if something has changed.

I see this blatant disregard for the community's wishes as a serious negligence.

danawhitaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By danawhitaker
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

It's nice to see that the problems being reported 7 months ago are still a problem today. Random games in my list were changed to Japanese titles, some titles are missing *entirely* and a bunch of stuff I had on my wish list has turned my feed into a ridiculous list of 3000 things that have to each be manually removed, painfully, page by individual page. What an abomination to a feature that used to be awesome. Like others, I was using this to keep track of games that I owned. The stuff I still have in my possession it's not such a problem to re-add elsewhere, but there were some games I had ownership of on other consoles that are still residing with my ex that I was planning on replacing at a later time. While I can remember most of them, or will once I start perusing those console lists, it's extremely frustrating to find my original list completely gutted/wrecked. And I can see the promises of resolution that some staff made in this thread have been ignored entirely - probably hoping annoyed people will go away and forget. I certainly will be now...

The_Shadowww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#117  Edited By The_Shadowww
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts

just googled up this post, the new collection is bugging me till this day, almost 70% why I visited gamespot was my game library of wished and completed games, now it's such a pain to manage the catalogs as I cant add then directly from the game screen I have to add it to the following then regruop it... I just made an excel spredsheed insed of "stacks" to track the release dates of games I want