The user soapbox was gone 8 years ago, is there a replacement for it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

adrigt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 adrigt
Member since 2006 • 256 Posts

I have been long gone and I can't help but notice the lifeless feel of this website now that community activity seems like a second grade thing.
Back in the day, the top blogpost from a user would appear somewhere in the frontpage. Times change perhaps. I would still argue that the site would benefit from a long term follower base that kind of forms a cult...but anyway.

Is there a replacement for this long forgotten feature in the Gamespot of nowadays?

wemmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#2 wemmick
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

At the moment, no, we don't have a good replacement for it. We're currently focusing on improving the day-to-day experiences here, but hope to get back to features that bring forward great community contributions in the future.

PIXEL8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 PIXEL8
Member since 2016 • 203 Posts

@adrigt: forget asking for anything from this site. The days of community features died here years ago. Now it's all about clickbait articles and ugly, sterile page layouts.

adrigt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By adrigt
Member since 2006 • 256 Posts

@pixel8: :(

i can steel remember the warmth of the old site...like being in a house with other gamer individuals

Avatar image for unfriendlytoast
unfriendlytoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By unfriendlytoast
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts

I'm not sure why, but this site has taken a robotic lifless click bait centric, instead of being entertaining and informative. Almost every great community feature of the past has been removed. I'v been coming to game stop forever. I very rarely post anything but I've always been a fan. Unfortunately I'm pretty much done with this site I've been trying to leave feedback in hopes that they will bring us back to the glory days. That used to have a unapologetic opinionated view of everything and with her agreed with it or not he seems sincere informed.

angerawr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -1

#6 angerawr
Member since 2016 • 220 Posts

Thanks for all of the feedback! Currently we are focusing on improving the core functionality and performance of the site which include: reading, discovery, and videos.

PIXEL8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 PIXEL8
Member since 2016 • 203 Posts

@adrigt: those days are long gone. Like a decade ago, when Greg left and Jeff got fired.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

@angerawr said:

Thanks for all of the feedback! Currently we are focusing on improving the core functionality and performance of the site which include: reading, discovery, and videos.

If I read too much into this I start to hear:

Loading Video...